Old 05-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Me too! I lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks and then got bored I guess...well really more than bored I got frustrated with all the yummy things I saw all my friends and family having that I couldn't eat so I just kind of rebelled and wanted to be "normal". I was off IP for about 2 months sort of trying (Mon-Fri) to be "good" but not really....I finally realized that IP was the only thing I could stick to because I need the rigidity of knowing that cheating is not an option...so I started back last Thursday, 8 pounds up from when I left 2 months ago....but happy to report at weigh-in tomorrow it looks like all 8 of those pounds will be gone! MY son will be 1 in 12 weeks and not hating the way I look in his birthday pictures is my first mini goal! I think that is the key...to set mini goals, with IP they are quick to reach as long as you stay OP!
Can I just thank you for posting this? I too fell off the wagon after losing 30 lbs in 2 months, and have gained 8 lbs back. Knowing that you quickly shed your gain after recommitting is encouraging. I'm struggling with a defeatist attitude. Sometimes it seems like I'll have to eat nothing but IP for the rest of my life but I know that's not true. It's a means to an end and at the end of this journey I won't even care for all of the garbage I've been gorging on these past few weeks. This isn't just about weight loss. It's also about becoming the fit, healthy person I know I'm meant to be. I think I'm getting my groove back.
Hundley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

One thing I remind myself is that phase one is temporary! There will come a day when, on occasion I can have the extra yummy food to
Lettuce wrap is offline   Reply With Quote