Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

You all left so many supportive comments...I just want you all to know that your support is so appreciated And to all that have been keeping my family (especially my babies) in their thoughts as I am now getting ready to deploy- I truly thank you. As I start the next phase and get ready to go, I will definitely remain in the forum!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Whoa - tonight everything hit - I want to cry, feel completely overwhelmed and want to snack.

I don't know why - everything went good today and stayed OP. Got my daughter's graduation this Saturday and not lots of help to get ready - but I knew that so I don't think that's it.

My daughter's band concert was tonight and she got ice cream after - mmmmmm i could have drooled - just hungry I guess.

Think I'll just go to bed - that may help.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #138  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
You all left so many supportive comments...I just want you all to know that your support is so appreciated And to all that have been keeping my family (especially my babies) in their thoughts as I am now getting ready to deploy- I truly thank you. As I start the next phase and get ready to go, I will definitely remain in the forum!!!
I wish for you and your family only the best, and I hope your journey is a safe one. Thank you for all that you do for our country.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #139  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
These sound great! But, doesn't the baking Splenda have sugar in it? I haven't bought it yet.
Nope, baking Splenda is just Splenda that's puffed in size to measure the same as white sugar. You're probably thinking of the brown sugar baking Splenda. That's about half brown sugar/half Splenda. I don't bother with it.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #140  
Just keep swimming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Thanks, stole the recipe and will definitely make them this weekend um, how many can I have before they drift into the "restricted" category? I'm really thinking I need something seriously sweet to kick this craving issue I've been having.
Sorry, no idea. I made up 24 cookies and it was the ingredients I listed there. I've personally munched through about a third today which is probably more Splenda than IP recommends, but I've been having my own sweet cravings too. You can eat meringue raw if you don't have personal concerns that way, I used to eat up fresh whipped meringue as a kid with my mom a lot. I do know it's not recommended to use the egg beaters either because they are pasteurized or the company can't guarantee there's no trace of yolk.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #141  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hello all!

I had someone at work take a new picture today but I don't know how to download it and keep the old one.
The old picture was at least 25 lbs ago; this new one is not a very good shot. Oh well...I guess it shows that I am smaller and that is what it's for.

Hope everyone had a great OP day today!!
Darralyn i can do it for you in a graphic editor if you want, I already downloaded the old pic from your profile, upload the new pic in your profile so it will be bigger so i can download that one too.

edit: or better yet, I will pm you my email address and you can email the new pic.

Last edited by Cadu; 05-16-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Nope, baking Splenda is just Splenda that's puffed in size to measure the same as white sugar. You're probably thinking of the brown sugar baking Splenda. That's about half brown sugar/half Splenda. I don't bother with it.
oh...that's a relief - I'm going grocery shopping today!!!

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Good evening IPeeps!

As a newbie, I have to start by saying that I have been feeling like a "leach". Since day one, I have been faithfully going to 3FatChicks IP for advise, understanding, and most importantly, inspiration. Thank you to all for your daily "ears" and "nudges" to go on!

Now that I am over a month new, I want to share some things that will help those few peeps who are newer than me.
I LOVE your enthusiasm and openness to the process! Good for you and good luck! You'll get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
You read that article too? I thought it was super informative and made sense. It was on WebMD too, or a reference to it was. I'm gonna soldier thru the summer and not hopefully start phasing off until I hit goal (hopefully in 5 months...50 lbs, 5 months, sounds achievable)
re. Dr. Blackburn's 'Set Point' approach...Now I'm wondering...I lost a whole lot of weight over 15 months or so, so does that mean I'm destined to gain it all back? I was hoping that because of the length of time it took to do it, the change was permanent. Of course, I'll always be vigilant and do what it takes to stay fit, but I don't know whether to be happy or worried by his approach???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,

Just finished reading today's posts. Lots of good news. Helps some to cheer me up.
Vent away, dear Molly. Hope you feel better today...
Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
God bless you and thank you for your service to our country! I will have you in my prayers!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #145  

Quote:
okay, I just got a package of Splenda that says it is good for baking, but this stuff has maltodextrin as the first ingredient. It is an anticaking agent, and while not technically sugar, your body does perceive it as sugar and it will raise your blood sugar levels. So you might want to limit how many of these cookies you have... unless you found a different Splenda than I did.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #146  
Just keep swimming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
okay, I just got a package of Splenda that says it is good for baking, but this stuff has maltodextrin as the first ingredient. It is an anticaking agent, and while not technically sugar, your body does perceive it as sugar and it will raise your blood sugar levels. So you might want to limit how many of these cookies you have... unless you found a different Splenda than I did.
Even the packets you put in coffee have the maltodextrin in them. I just checked to make sure.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #147  

Quote:
Even the packets you put in coffee have the maltodextrin in them. I just checked to make sure.
yep...all the powdered sweeteners have it...I'm just saying to watch out for it -
I think my phase 1 stuff said to avoid it... you might want to check with your coach just in case...
Old 05-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #148  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Sewmam plz close this thread..thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #149  

oops...I forgot I was the one who started this thread! sorry...
Closed Thread