Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #106  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
I'm going to tell my coach that I want to start to phase off for the summer according to Dr. George Blackburn's 'Set Point' theory article. I'm preparing myself for her to argue with me, (I'm only 80% to the goal she wanted, but 90% to my original goal).
You read that article too? I thought it was super informative and made sense. It was on WebMD too, or a reference to it was. I'm gonna soldier thru the summer and not hopefully start phasing off until I hit goal (hopefully in 5 months...50 lbs, 5 months, sounds achievable)
Old 05-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #107  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

I swear that right now I'd sell my soul to the devil if it would enable me to eat a Milkyway bar without it doing anything to my weight loss haha
Old 05-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #108  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

WI#2, down to 208 for 8 lbs total for two weeks (technically 7.5 lbs going only by the Tues to Tues record). Unfortunately I've been at 208 deadsticked since Saturday. The big mongolian grill meal on Mothers Day probably didn't help, neither did the completely unexpected Chinese dinner with PILs yesterday where I chose cashew chicken. Even taking into account my not touching the rice, peas and carrots, the cashew chicken was probably 40-50g of carbs. Ugh. At least it's not a gain, so I guess I should be thankful for that. *sigh*

Made up some delish SF meringue cookies. Here's how I do them:

4 egg whites (no trace of broken egg yoke, otherwise it won't fluff)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2/3rds cup of baking Splenda
1 tsp lemon or other extract of choice

Place egg whites in bowl with cream of tartar. Use a mixer beater on gradually high speed to whip it to 4-5 times volume. Turn off beater, dump in sweetener and extract, beat at high speed to increase again 50-100% until the meringue is white and there are stiff peaks that don't droop once the beater is off. Preheat oven to 275F. Pipe meringue or spoon drop into small cookies on parchment. Meringue doesn't spread while cooking, so a one inch separation is fine. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn cookie sheet(s) around and bake another 20 minutes. They should be lightly browned.

Last edited by ferrousgal; 05-15-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
As an obsessive exerciser I have to say the timing of your workouts and meals can have a huge impact on the hunger that results from exercise. If I work out in the evening, from 6-7 and have dinner after I am fine.
If I work out in the morning (usually 9-10) I have a shake before, but am then hungry after. Lunch it sometimes too far away, do those days I sometimes have an extra packet. But I remain hungrier all day!

Spinning definitely gets more fun when your butt stops hurting!!!
I am LOVING it! The first time was more painful than exciting, yet still very fun and now the second time it's just plain fun and a great workout. I felt amazing after. The instructor went into the back and came back with a berry smoothie for me for free... I didn't want to make him feel bad so I had it. It was really good and he puts whey protein in it. I had already brought a RTD though so I had both. OOPS! Oh well. I'll be going both times they hold the class per week along with my normal workouts. On those days I won't do my strength circuits.
I'm following a pretty intense workout plan that involves a quick 20-30 min run or jog in the AM and then a strength circuit at any point during the day. It alternates between full body, lower body and upper body. I do it in the evenings after work. Normally I eat dinner before and then have my bar after the workout. I can tell that i'm going to stick with the workouts though.. I can feel myself getting firmer and more toned already! And I feel so energized the rest of the day.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
You read that article too? I thought it was super informative and made sense. It was on WebMD too, or a reference to it was. I'm gonna soldier thru the summer and not hopefully start phasing off until I hit goal (hopefully in 5 months...50 lbs, 5 months, sounds achievable)
Can you link the article? Please
Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone....so excited!!!! Had my 3 week WI tonight....down 7.5 lbs for a total of 15.5lbs since starting IP on April 23rd!!! Thank you for such a great forum!!!!!xoxox
Old 05-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #112  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
I swear that right now I'd sell my soul to the devil if it would enable me to eat a Milkyway bar without it doing anything to my weight loss haha
Have you tried the Pure Protein bars? The peanut butter bar is Awesome. It is smaller than a candy bar but tastes just as good to me.

Dakin awesome news on the dress and the munkin noticing your weight loss over munchkins is priceless. Thanks for the sweet complement.

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-15-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #113  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Dakin. I live in Barre Town, Vermont. I grew up in Massachusetts on the North Shore Manchester, MA is where I went to H.S. where in MA are you?

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-15-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
As an obsessive exerciser I have to say the timing of your workouts and meals can have a huge impact on the hunger that results from exercise. If I work out in the evening, from 6-7 and have dinner after I am fine.
If I work out in the morning (usually 9-10) I have a shake before, but am then hungry after. Lunch it sometimes too far away, do those days I sometimes have an extra packet. But I remain hungrier all day!

Spinning definitely gets more fun when your butt stops hurting!!!
I'm gonna try that evening thing... I have always done what exercise I can first thing in the morning because after a long day of work, or whatever, I can make excuses to not do it. But I am crazy craving and woozy late morning. Is it better to do it before dinner or after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
this made me laugh....for me, it's a Snicker's bar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post

Made up some delish SF meringue cookies. Here's how I do them:

4 egg whites (no trace of broken egg yoke, otherwise it won't fluff)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2/3rds cup of baking Splenda
1 tsp lemon or other extract of choice
These sound great! But, doesn't the baking Splenda have sugar in it? I haven't bought it yet.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #115  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
I passed my Navy weigh-in...by 9 pounds
I am no longer fat (according to the Navy...) and have decided to start phasing off. This has been a horribly stressful week and I wanted to cheat sooo bad. I am looking forward to slowly introducing carbs back into my diet and living better so I dont have to go through this again Thank you all for your support!
Congratulations Teden. I know you were pretty stressed about this. And you passed by 9 lbs! Terrific.

It's been a very busy day, and I've not been able to check in earlier. I've been preoccupied with getting my container gardening in process... buying and amending the soil, etc., etc., and doing some planting, etc.,...as I took this day off (I arrange my own work schedule) to garden, I wanted to get as much done as possible. My 'busy-ness' has meant I have had little time to think about food, but I have eaten on protocol 100%. Just drinking some more water now to get up to where I should be by this point in the day.

I'm pooped (pleasantly so though) and think I'm going to enjoy a good soak in a bubble bath as a treat... my back didn't really appreciate all that lifting, bending, etc. today.

Cheers to everyone. Have a good evening.

P.S. WI # 7 tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that having no bars for the past few days will help get my # up a bit.

Last edited by evepet; 05-15-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #116  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita43 View Post
I just had my two week WI and have lost almost 8 lbs. I have a "coach", but am literally doing it by myself and with the help of this forum. Not happy with my "coach" and was considering changing, but another person who sells IP told me that if I do change, it WOULD cost another consultation fee. There is no feedback, empathy, comprehension or explaining at my WI. If the food is 100% markup, sadly, this explains why some "coaches" are selling it. Sorry for being negative, but this is the truth in my experience.
Now I will go to the newbie tips and browse through to see what I can learn.
You need to contact IP through the website and let them know which clinic you go too. Let them know how you are treated and such. Ask them about the fee, I know at my clinic you do not have to pay for it a second time if you switch. Where in La are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
I passed my Navy weigh-in...by 9 pounds
I am no longer fat (according to the Navy...) and have decided to start phasing off. This has been a horribly stressful week and I wanted to cheat sooo bad. I am looking forward to slowly introducing carbs back into my diet and living better so I dont have to go through this again Thank you all for your support!
Congrats on a job well done. That is less stress on you now I know that for sure. The military always has had some crazy Weight limits but I am glad you passed with flying colors!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
yaaaaaay! good luck to you
UMMMM ...we are in the middle of May Missy, where is your updated picture????....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirlusaf View Post
Well this is Day 20 and I am feeling sick today, headache and light headed. Hopefully it will pass soon!!
How long are everyones coaches wanting them on P1? I thought it was until 80 OR 90% of your weight was lost. Do we get to decide on which %? I asked my coach yesterday and she said 90%, but I am feeling like I want to save some money and move to P2 at 80%. Is it up to me? I know ultimately it is, I could quit and do it on my own and since I am moving out of state I probably will, but do you think she should give me info on the other phases before I move?? I paid for a lifetime of coaching they said, but obviously an 8+ hr dive every week is not happening and I will probably have to pay another office consultation fee if I go somewhere else? Who knows, I read that the mark-up on this food is 100% and that makes me sad!! I understand marking it up to make money, but that much is showing me that the doctors are more interested in the $ than my health. I am hoping that I can get a handle on everything myself and do an alternative plan in a couple of months. I am so thankful for this website!!
You can find all of the different phases in the Sticky's. There are lots of people here who do it on their own and come here for support, encouraging words, advice and what have you. You are NEVER alone, you are part of an extended family here no matter where you are and if you are doing IP products or alternatives. We all will chip in and help you out, all you have to do it ask, be accountable in the daily threads if you want or ask someone to be your "coach" so that you can report to them. I have a few people that message me or email me with their weekly WI's. YOU CAN DO THIS...there is a ton of information here that is for sure.

Hey y'all, I "dressed" up today to go to work. Usually its just a polo shirt and black slacks, well today I put on a nice top, that is the ONLY thing I changed and everyone was WOW'ing me....it was quiet funny but I was loving every minute of it. Passengers who fly on our flights on a regular basis that I haven't seen in a while were in awe. It was nice to see them and they were so proud of me. Its good to have connections all over, this group came from St Petersburg FL and some say they are going to look into the program there. So you never know when you may help change someone's life for the better....Gotta LOVE IP!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #117  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

Just finished reading today's posts. Lots of good news. Helps some to cheer me up.

My day at work was HORRIBLE. I'm totally convinced that stress will make you starved. I'm always hungry at work in the mornings. No matter what I have (shake, oatmeal, bar, etc.). I can eat the same at home on the weekends and never be hungry. But, with today, and all the stress, I was starved all day.

Anyway, I can sum up my day with comedian Ron White's quote, "you can't fix stupid."

To help, I was hoping for some quality time with DH since this is his day off. But, he was asleep when I got home at 5:30 and now it's not even dark outside yet, 8:20, and he's gone back to bed. Sort of the "icing on the cake" for today.

Thanks for letting me vent. Normally, by now I would have eaten 5 lbs of chocolate and then come home and eaten a whole pizza. Thank goodness for IP.

Maybe I'll just go to bed myself. But, not until after my rhubarb crisp.
Molly
Old 05-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #118  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Hi all,

Just finished reading today's posts. Lots of good news. Helps some to cheer me up.

My day at work was HORRIBLE. I'm totally convinced that stress will make you starved. I'm always hungry at work in the mornings. No matter what I have (shake, oatmeal, bar, etc.). I can eat the same at home on the weekends and never be hungry. But, with today, and all the stress, I was starved all day.

Anyway, I can sum up my day with comedian Ron White's quote, "you can't fix stupid."

To help, I was hoping for some quality time with DH since this is his day off. But, he was asleep when I got home at 5:30 and now it's not even dark outside yet, 8:20, and he's gone back to bed. Sort of the "icing on the cake" for today.

Thanks for letting me vent. Normally, by now I would have eaten 5 lbs of chocolate and then come home and eaten a whole pizza. Thank goodness for IP.

Maybe I'll just go to bed myself. But, not until after my rhubarb crisp.
Molly
Sorry you are having a bad day Molly its almost over then you get to do it all over again tomorrow but BETTER!!!. I am the opposite of you when I am having a bad day I am not hungry and sometimes forget to eat....guess its cuz I drink so much water....
Old 05-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #119  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Sorry you are having a bad day Molly its almost over then you get to do it all over again tomorrow but BETTER!!!. I am the opposite of you when I am having a bad day I am not hungry and sometimes forget to eat....guess its cuz I drink so much water....
Thanks, Wuv,

I had lots of water today, but nothing seemed to help.

Yep, get to do it all over tomorrow. Don't know about better. I left an email in my inbox to address tomorrow first thing. Someone doing it "their way" and not thinking about how it affects the other guy. Spent two hours earlier helping the other guy and analyzing what got them there and how to fix it. Now, tomorrow, I'll spend forever convincing this person they are affecting others and need to change. Doesn't seem like they care. It's just the "it's all about me" attitude.

Guess I need to get offline and stop venting. Even the rhubarb crisp isn't doing the trick.

Love you all,
Thanks, Molly
Old 05-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 160/155/110

Height: 5'1"

Do most people follow the new mandatory 8 oz protein for dinner?? I just had 8 oz of chicken, and am so stuffed its uncomfortable (who know I would ever end up feeling stuffed from baked chicken and veggies haha)
Closed Thread