Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
NSV for me this morning.

I have been hungry most of the morning. I looked at the clock around 930 and was thinking about lunch! I am learning to better deal with "being hungry" it's not the screaming I NEED TO EAT NOW!
I'm with you - by being on IP 100%, I'm learning not to give into my body screaming "I want to eat now!!". Its really good - relearning not to snack so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post

I'm struggling a little bit. With phase 3, I've started doing some intense exercise. I run for about 20-30 minutes in the morning and then do a strength circuit in the evenings. Some days I have an extra packet but really it's not needed with being out of ketosis. This morning I woke up STARVING. I think my body really did need that extra packet last night.
I spend so much time punishing myself for wanting more when maybe my body really needs more? Why should I feel guilty over something I never ate, but wanted to?
Cassie,
I think we are still in ketosis in phase 3...and the bedtime snack is required still...but you have me wondering, maybe I'm wrong...I'm still losing on phase 3 and have a bedtime snack.

Wuv,
Can you advise us?
1. Are we still in ketosis in phase 3?
2. Is a bedtime snack requred still in phase 3?
3. With working out, Cassie needs to add that extra packet - in phase 3 also?

Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
My DD is going to cut and color my hair this afternoon.
You look WONDERFUL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
I need a good kick in the BUTT! Have been eating off program and I cm just about there! Mu weight last week was 150 lbs. Only have 3 to get to goal. I can't figure out why I am not sticking to progrann. I think I'll have a long talk with my coach this week ,maybe she can talk some sense into me. I am walking and cycling,but its the snacking that I'm not controlling...........Ok so I admitted this,now I am really going to try and do better. I have also just seen my journal and realized,I'm not writting in it. These nights shifts are getting me off program!!!!!!! When I wake today,I am going to do better
Sounds like you are not emotionally prepared for reaching your goal and being so close scares you on a subconscious level, thus sabotaging yourself. Just a thought, how about changing your goal? Move it down 5 pounds and see what happens? It might change things. Just a thought.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #122  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
UMMMM ...we are in the middle of May Missy, where is your updated picture????....lol
LOL, ok ok I agree I do need a new May avatar Pic. I will get right on it! HAhahahahahaha
Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #123  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Made up some delish SF meringue cookies.

4 egg whites (no trace of broken egg yoke, otherwise it won't fluff)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2/3rds cup of baking Splenda
1 tsp lemon or other extract of choice

Place egg whites in bowl with cream of tartar. Use a mixer beater on gradually high speed to whip it to 4-5 times volume. Turn off beater, dump in sweetener and extract, beat at high speed to increase again 50-100% until the meringue is white and there are stiff peaks that don't droop once the beater is off. Preheat oven to 275F. Pipe meringue or spoon drop into small cookies on parchment. Meringue doesn't spread while cooking, so a one inch separation is fine. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn cookie sheet(s) around and bake another 20 minutes. They should be lightly browned.
Thanks, stole the recipe and will definitely make them this weekend um, how many can I have before they drift into the "restricted" category? I'm really thinking I need something seriously sweet to kick this craving issue I've been having.

Quote:
Can you link the article? Please
Link! Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Hi everyone....so excited!!!! Had my 3 week WI tonight....down 7.5 lbs for a total of 15.5lbs since starting IP on April 23rd!!! Thank you for such a great forum!!!!!xoxox
Hey we started the same day! Great job and you are kickin' my tail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
My day at work was HORRIBLE. I'm totally convinced that stress will make you starved. I'm always hungry at work in the mornings. No matter what I have (shake, oatmeal, bar, etc.). I can eat the same at home on the weekends and never be hungry. But, with today, and all the stress, I was starved all day.
Molly,
I'm sorry your day was sucky Some times it seems the world just can't help itself and needs to kick us while we're down. I hope you feel better tomorrow, and good job for not caving in while you were starving, I think I might have caved in your position.

~~ As for me... I no longer feel guilty for semi-cheating yesterday by eating unknown substance green bean casserole and huhot last night (even though I only used low carb sauces) I walked 2.22 miles at lunch and held to my guns and mowed the lawn when I got home. DH ordered Steakout for dinner so I didn't have to cook (just because I don't cook one night doesn't mean he'll end up cooking). So I ate a 9 ounce ribeye, minus all the fat (probably end up about 7-8oz) and they gave me steamed veggies instead of a baked potato, actually ended up being with a baked potato also, but that's safely tucked into the fridge for DH's lunch tomorrow. I'm hoping me working so hard physically today helps me get back on track for this week. I was so miserable mowing (hate hate hate mowing) that I actually stopped feeling guilty for last night, so that's a bit of a silver lining. I'll check back later
~Kara
Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #124  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
I swear that right now I'd sell my soul to the devil if it would enable me to eat a Milkyway bar without it doing anything to my weight loss haha
Lol - I've considered making that same deal for some cheesecake

Let's hold on to our little deprived souls until we get a real legal fun day in P4.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Happy Tuesday!! WI #5 was today and down 3.2. TOM came a week early and I was so happy to see a lost bc I have been feeling campy and bloated. Yuck. I want to say a big thank you to this forum. My DH has been working in key west for some time ( on and off for two years, mostly on) and finding continued support can be difficult. Emotionally I feel completely supported just through reading everyone's continued success and occasional trials. Week #6, I'm ready for you.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Hi - my coach told me yesterday that we are on phase 1 till 100% now. She had a new sheet. the other change was that the protein with the main meal is a flat 8 ozs. Hang in there!
I would love to have the new sheet. Would someone post it on the Daily Thread in the next day or two? Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
I see some people struggling through the maintenance. I don't think food should feel guilty. Life happens - I know that my weight will always be a challenge for me. I'm learning a lot of good things through this program. Everybody will gain a a lb. or 5, every once in awhile. Now we have the tools to remedy that. Just know, when we splurge, we will have a day or two of phase one - or even a couple weeks. Just keep believing! My coach who has been in maintenance for two years, is doing phase 1 for a couple of weeks until she loses a few pounds she didn't want. It's a lifestyle!

I hope everyone has a splendid day!!
AuroraGirl, That's EXCELLENT advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
I passed my Navy weigh-in...by 9 pounds
I am no longer fat (according to the Navy...) and have decided to start phasing off.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I've been thinking about you and wondering how it went. I am truly so happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Anyways, what I found out (and why I think we all are losing weight at the 2lb/week or better) is this: There are 4 calories in 1 gram of carbohydrate, so roughly 875 grams of carbs in one actual pound of weight. If we USED to have an average of 250 grams of carbs/day (Study stated roughly 50% of calories came from carbs each day, so 1000 calories and that's 250 carbs) Now we have under 50g of carbs/day. So each and every day our body has 200 less carbs than what it considered "normal" and there are 7 days in a week, so 1400 less carbohydrates are consumed on this diet than on a "normal american" diet (fast food etc.). 1400grams of carbs is 1.6 pounds, so in theory, we lose 1.6 pounds of carbs each week, and whatever amount of fat since we eat less fat (but it's not regulated from what I see).

If anyone wants to do the math for fat, fat has 9 calories per 1 gram of fat, so it's about 389 grams of fat / pound.

OK, nerding out is completed...for now.
Kaypix,
I appreciate your math, your research, your detail. Very enlightening. Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Can you link the article? Please
http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/idea...r-happy-weight

Cassi, I hope this works!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #128  
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Kaypix,
I appreciate your math, your research, your detail. Very enlightening. Thanks!!
I could be totally wrong about how we burn it or whatever, but when I saw the numbers they kind of made me happy...Thanks for the compliment though Sometimes my nerd-dom is problematic.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Hello all!

I had someone at work take a new picture today but I don't know how to download it and keep the old one.
The old picture was at least 25 lbs ago; this new one is not a very good shot. Oh well...I guess it shows that I am smaller and that is what it's for.

Hope everyone had a great OP day today!!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Dakin. where in MA are you?
USMC:Vet, I'm just outside of Leominster in central MA, but my sister lives in Lunenburg, VT. I'm thinking about speeding through your town this summer so you can stop me and we'll get to say "hello" in person. lol

Actually, I wouldn't go out of my way to get pulled over. I can't promise that I never speed tho....
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Default One month later....I love IP

Good evening IPeeps!

As a newbie, I have to start by saying that I have been feeling like a "leach". Since day one, I have been faithfully going to 3FatChicks IP for advise, understanding, and most importantly, inspiration. Thank you to all for your daily "ears" and "nudges" to go on!

Now that I am over a month new, I want to share some things that will help those few peeps who are newer than me.

1. I love this way of life.
2. I was VERY miserable my first 8 days...yup.
3. I experienced unnerving hunger, moodiness, light-headedness and weakness........foover three weeks. Finally, I talked to my coach.
4. I suffered only until my coach told me what I needed to add to my day. (YES, ask you coach if you are having problems...they know!!!!!}
5. After 4 relatively easy weeks, I am 23 lbs lighter and well on my way to my goal!
6. I now have to remember to eat and get in my daily requirements.
7. I am so thankful for the wishdom shared by the "troopers" amoung us who have "been there and done that".
8. I can honestly admit, that on stressful days, my mental/corperate tolerance is VERY low...especially by 4:00. The mornings are fabulous.....by 2:30,however, watch out.
(I think that my body and mind are just simply responding to the sudden change in my diet and unavailability of comfort food and drinks : )
9. I can see, smell and feel a thin and healthy future with vibrance.
10. I love what I have changed, I love where I am going, and cannot wait to see what I will become!!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #132  
WillSmashFat

S/C/G: 204/162/150

Height: 5'2.5"

Teden - I am sooo proud of you for making weigh in (and then some!). I really feel for how conflicted you are over going back to work and leaving your family. I hope you know that we all appreciate your service (even those of us in Canada!) and dedication. Good luck with the next phase!

Cassi and Sewmam - thank you for sharing that there are challenges even in the later phases. It shows how important it is to make these changes a way of life.

Molly - I just made your rhubarn crisp recipe and am waiting for it to cool so I can try it out.

My weigh in today showed a 1lb loss - but at least I am back to losing after 2 weeks of staying the same. Can someone please give the Whoosh Fairy directions to Canada?!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #133  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Wuv,
Can you advise us?
1. Are we still in ketosis in phase 3?
2. Is a bedtime snack requred still in phase 3?
3. With working out, Cassie needs to add that extra packet - in phase 3 also?

Thanks for your help!

You look WONDERFUL!!
1. I believe we are still in Ketosis but not 100% sure. I do know when I went from phase 3 after 2 weeks back to phase 1 I didn't have any withdrawals. We haven't added enough carbs back into our diet yet. So I would say we are till in it.

2. The ONLY packet on phase 3 that you have is your snack, rather you choose to have it in the afternoon or evening is up to you. But YES it is required and should be an unrestricted.

3. If she is working out I would add another packet OR eat some type of protein. Just because she is burning a lot of calories that need to be replaced.

Now I am no coach or anything but this is how I would handle it if it was me. This is STRICTLY my opinion, I am sure others will chime in as well.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #134  
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hello all!

I had someone at work take a new picture today but I don't know how to download it and keep the old one.
The old picture was at least 25 lbs ago; this new one is not a very good shot. Oh well...I guess it shows that I am smaller and that is what it's for.

Hope everyone had a great OP day today!!
I use Microsoft Word, and this might be a bit of a "meh" kind of thing, but if you just open a paint file and paste each picture (insert the pictures into word and then copy) in the screen, then make the screen bigger and insert the next, and save it. Next step, upload to photobucket, resize the image to something more manageable and voila, you have the link right there so you can put it on your signature, or just use the one you made in paint and use it as a profile picture
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyminny26 View Post
Good morning all. This weeks challenge...I'm off work because I have shingles...in a lot of pain, and I'm home alone and bored....must remember no emotional/bordum eating!!!
Oh skinnyminny26, that is horrible! I watched my mom go through this right before being diagnosed with cancer. I know there isn't anything I can do to help, but I hope you get better quick!
Closed Thread