Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #76  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

OK,so I didn't sleep very long. I'm off tod
ay and hate to waste it sleeping. Thank you Kaypix for the encouragement. I knew if I posted my sad story,I would get support here. I really look forward to time spent with all of you...........hugs
Old 05-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #77  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn04 View Post
Trying to think what to eat for dinner. I have defrosted some trout. Anyone have any OP baked fish recipes. I sure would appreciate it. I am starting to get stuck eating the same things over and over
I have a few that are for tilapia but would work with IP , my blog has the list of them just look under "baked" or "tilapia", I'm not much of trout person. www.kaypix.wordpress.com , I think the...second archive of recipes had the fish pages? It's like 5 pages of halibut, salmon, trout, tilapia you name it, it's crazy! And that's where I got my recipes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita43 View Post
Now I will go to the newbie tips and browse through to see what I can learn.
Stay tough Anita! Let us know if you need anything else. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as a lot of people on this forum, but they are a true wealth of knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
I just got back from my spinning class (which I love by the way, much easier the second time) and I think it cleared my mind. I feel better. Thank you again and it makes me feel so good to know people care!
Glad you feel better Keep us updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
Thank you Kaypix for the encouragement. I knew if I posted my sad story,I would get support here. I really look forward to time spent with all of you...........hugs
That's what we're all here for And you are MOST welcome !
Old 05-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag23 View Post
OK,so I didn't sleep very long. I'm off tod
ay and hate to waste it sleeping. Thank you Kaypix for the encouragement. I knew if I posted my sad story,I would get support here. I really look forward to time spent with all of you...........hugs
You're almost there! Just looked at your ticker - way to go!!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Kris11: Don't beat yourself up for it! I'm only on maintenance since March 27, but I found that I had several episodes of eating the foods I used to love, and being unable to control myself. The joy of tasting those foods was wonderful, but I got the urge out of my system and am not afraid anymore. When you've been as disciplined as we have had to be on this program, I think it is a natural human reaction. Just learn from it. Do a Phase 1 day.

Thanks to everybody for the tips on getting the links to show up!

I made my old standby banana pudding and vanilla premade combo this morning, but instead of just putting it over ice, I threw it in the blender with the ice and made a soft-serve ice cream. Felt like I was getting more that way. I'm going to use the rest of it at lunch to make a spinach smoothie with WF caramel dip.

I am finding that this Phase 1 thing is really a good thing psychologically. It gives you a moment to check your habits. For example, I love my Starbucks coffee black, but had been putting either regular half/half or fat-free in it since I started maintenance, because I could. It really is okay to just have it black. Stuff like that...

Welcome to the newbees and good luck on your weigh-ins today!
Thank you so much. I just couldn't believe that I completely lost control like that after having been so disciplined. This phase one day is certainly cleansing for me physically and emotionally. I really really wish that tonight wasn't my weigh in with my coach though. I could use a couple of days for this to even out! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement
Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

Kaypix thank ya
Old 05-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Does anyone know if pollack is allowed? It doesn't say on my sheet but was wondering if anyone has inquired about it or eats it.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Side note:

Check out http://www.ideallyyou.ca/

If you sign up, you can access a swack of receipes. Sorry, not sure if it's usable for US residents.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

I passed my Navy weigh-in...by 9 pounds
I am no longer fat (according to the Navy...) and have decided to start phasing off. This has been a horribly stressful week and I wanted to cheat sooo bad. I am looking forward to slowly introducing carbs back into my diet and living better so I dont have to go through this again Thank you all for your support!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
I am no longer fat (according to the Navy...) and have decided to start phasing off. This has been a horribly stressful week and I wanted to cheat sooo bad. I am looking forward to slowly introducing carbs back into my diet and living better so I dont have to go through this again Thank you all for your support!
Wonderful! Congratulations! We were pulling for you.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #85  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
congrats that is awesome !!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Congratulations way to go and with 9 lbs. to spare. Good luck on the phasing off.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Glad you enjoyed your splurge day.. Hey, you earned it.

Good Morning Everybody!

It is a dreary nasty day here today but a good day none the less. I went to my chiropractor yesterday for the back aches. Boy did she hurt me yesterday but this morning I can feel that it is better allready. She seems to think that splenda is not effecting my back (she is also my IP coach) she thinks it is the size of the DD girls I carry around all day. Maybe when I hit goal I will look into reducing those babies. anyhow, it feels good to feel better.

Have a great day everybody.. and remember..... NO CHEATING
Go for it, reduce the girls! I did years ago and it was the best investment in my health. My girls are still pretty large, but my back, shoulders and headaches are much better. I'm also able to be more physically active, let face it running or even a good hardy walk can be painful. Now I can exercise and be more playful. If you have any questions feel free to private message me. I love the new pictures. You have a lot to be proud of, keep up all of the hard work.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Boy, I sure missed having those snacks and unlimited vegees from Phase 4 (I'm on a Phase 1 day), but so far, so good. For lunch, I used the banana pudding/vanilla premade left over from breakfast to make a spinach smoothie with lots of ice and WF caramel dip - it actually whipped up into a mousse consistency and was really good and very filling!

I think I'll do some more tillapia for dinner with my favorite apricot dressing...

So many newbees! Congrats on making a great choice for your health and welcome!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Thank you. I really appreciate your input! I think i'm just too worried I'm going to binge. People always say "oh well if you lose weight that quickly then you'll probably gain it back just as quick" I know it's so easy to just gain it all back and I'm scared it's going to happen. I just got back from my spinning class (which I love by the way, much easier the second time) and I think it cleared my mind. I feel better. Thank you again and it makes me feel so good to know people care!

You're right. It's so simple to just get back in p1 and drop it again. Thank you!
As an obsessive exerciser I have to say the timing of your workouts and meals can have a huge impact on the hunger that results from exercise. If I work out in the evening, from 6-7 and have dinner after I am fine.
If I work out in the morning (usually 9-10) I have a shake before, but am then hungry after. Lunch it sometimes too far away, do those days I sometimes have an extra packet. But I remain hungrier all day!

Spinning definitely gets more fun when your butt stops hurting!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #90  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Revelations of the Day! NSV + Concept?

OK , so I did my walk of penance , and stretched it out longer than normal, ended up with 2.22 miles in 26 minutes. And I'm going to mow the lawn tonight.

Anyways, what I found out (and why I think we all are losing weight at the 2lb/week or better) is this: There are 4 calories in 1 gram of carbohydrate, so roughly 875 grams of carbs in one actual pound of weight. If we USED to have an average of 250 grams of carbs/day (Study stated roughly 50% of calories came from carbs each day, so 1000 calories and that's 250 carbs) Now we have under 50g of carbs/day. So each and every day our body has 200 less carbs than what it considered "normal" and there are 7 days in a week, so 1400 less carbohydrates are consumed on this diet than on a "normal american" diet (fast food etc.). 1400grams of carbs is 1.6 pounds, so in theory, we lose 1.6 pounds of carbs each week, and whatever amount of fat since we eat less fat (but it's not regulated from what I see).

If anyone wants to do the math for fat, fat has 9 calories per 1 gram of fat, so it's about 389 grams of fat / pound.

OK, nerding out is completed...for now.
Closed Thread