3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Favorite Vegetable and how you prepare it! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/259030-favorite-vegetable-how-you-prepare.html)

momat40 05-15-2012 12:49 PM

Since we are talking veggies, my SIL's grocery shopping given to them by their IP coach list spinach & celery as unlimited. In reviewing the actual IP sheet, it just says lettuce and cucumbers.

What do I follow?

carolirish 05-15-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyjaelou (Post 4334153)
I also need help on the Zucchini chips. I can't get them to come out crisp. But, I loved the Kale chips. They were awesome! I wondered the same thing about the potatoes..

Hello amyjaelou. How do you make the kale chips? Could I follow those instructions for spinach chips? Some of my zucchini chips were crispy but most of them were soggy. The crispy ones were cut very thin. Maybe this is the trick! the ones that did work were tasty.

amyjaelou 05-15-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolirish (Post 4334317)
Hello amyjaelou. How do you make the kale chips? Could I follow those instructions for spinach chips? Some of my zucchini chips were crispy but most of them were soggy. The crispy ones were cut very thin. Maybe this is the trick! the ones that did work were tasty.

Carolirish, I got the Kale chips recipe off of Pinterest, but it is the same basic concept as roasting any other vegetable. You pull the leaves of the Kale off of the stem, toss them in EVOO, add salt and put them in a hot oven. You probably need to find the recipe online so you get the temps and time correct. They were really good, and seriously had the "feel" of a lay's potato chip. very light, and crisp.

carolirish 05-15-2012 04:58 PM

Thanks amy.. I'm gonna check out interest now. If I perfect the zucchini chips I will post the details.

Edit: Just checked out pinterest, There are many recipes for making all sorts of Vegetable "Chips".

Cadu 05-15-2012 06:23 PM

I mashed up some steamed frozen turnips yesterday.. salt, pepper & sprayed some cant believe its not butter on them. It was pretty good.

paulimapi 05-15-2012 06:30 PM

Cucumber with salt and lemon! :)

Sewmam 05-15-2012 07:49 PM

I hated turnips growing up, but the mock potato salad using turnips is actually really good! I've since taken to roasting them in small pieces, like the 'fries,' with some garam masala and onion powder and that's good too.

I can not seem to make brussel sprouts taste good. I've tried roasting and they still have cruciferous aftertaste. They are so cute, I really want to like them! ;)

LizR posted some variants on the kale chips that really taste good, like sprinkling your favorite seasonings on them, or WF barbecue sauce. I love kale chips, but didn't like the aftertaste, but with spices or the BBQ on it, they are great! Maybe I should try this with the brussel sprouts....

LizRR 05-15-2012 10:26 PM

Oh yeah, I like my kale chips lightly tossed in WF Spicy BBQ sauce - that saved me today when I got hit with the hungries! Or just sprayed with EVOO and sprinkled with fajita seasoning (that's how my hubs like them).

Thkdiff 05-15-2012 11:21 PM

Not on ip, but mostly eating protein. I have sweet potatoes or yams b4 my workout. It's good, if you want something carby and good 4 u!

shathom 05-16-2012 08:45 AM

Fav is asparagus, roasted with EVOO spray and sprinkled with sea salt, pepper and some red pepper flakes (I like it spicy).

Smooches!

Sammi67 05-16-2012 09:20 AM

Cucumbers with Apple cider vinegar and "Old Bay" seasoning. This is a Maryland spice used on crabs that may be hard to find outside of the Chesapeake Bay but is really yummy with the apple cider vinegar. A real treat!!