Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #91  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Wuv,
Do you know anything about a 8pm cut off from daily food/packets?
That was the "old" way of thinking, IMO. I have my snack sometimes at 11pm. Sometimes I am not eating dinner until 8-830 just depends on my schedule. I think everyone has a schedule and having it restricted to cut off eating at 8pm would be crazy!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #92  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey all, just checking in to be accountable. I was so mad still at lunch and had a few really irritable customers so I walked to the grocery store and back, while I was there I bought greenbean casserole and salmon and ate that for lunch. I am SURE the casserole had carbs, didn't eat the onions tho, just the beans and the mushrooms, and the salmon was kind of seared so I'm hoping not too much toppings. Also bought those Raspberry Ketones and took one when I got back to work and a bag of green beans to stash in the freezer at work for the next time I get "weak" I can just nuke that and have a hot filling group of veggies (was dreading my sliced cold cucumber for some reason today). I skipped my protein shake in lieu of the salmon, and am going to "try" to eat a normal dinner to reset my stomach for tomorrow (or i'll just be hungry by lunch like I was today). Meh.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:15 PM   #93  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone, just have a question. I am starting my 19th wk on IP and doing awesome, just about 50 pounds gone. It is the long weekend coming up and the start of camping ( in Canada). I haven't drank or put anything in my mouth off program since Jan 2. We are camping this weekend with a bunch of family and friend and just haven't made up my mind if I will have any drinks or not. My question is has others managed to stay on track even with having a few drinks? If I drink, it will be rye and water. I realize it will slow the weight loss, but I hope not my motivation. Thanks everyone in advance!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #94  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Thanks so much for all your suggestions regarding my son starting IP Alternatives. He/we are so excited to start (tomorrow)!
Lets us know how he is doing.. good luck to you both

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Back from my weigh in. I'm down 2.4 this week for a grand total of 80 pounds!!!!! Thirty more to go!
YAY! congrats on the loss sewingmomma. 80 pounds, thats amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
I just did my WI at lunch and was down 2.3 lbs. this week not the best but better than last week which was only a pound. I did go on a long hike on Saturday which I am sure adds to the muscle; but all in all I'll take it!

It really did pay to stay OP during the weekend and I am glad I did!
WHOOO HOOOOO Darralyn!! great job. one or two days off plan just isnt worth it. Keep doing what you are doing cause it is working

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I guess a week of feeling better was all I was allowed
Bad pain on my left side and more TOM to deal with. Sorry, I just know all you ladies will understand. Sorry to the Men who read this.
Sorry you arent feeling well Mooselover. Hang in there, I hope you feel better soon. I have to ask.. did the biopsy come out ok?
Old 05-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #95  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
I'm wondering if you could take a crispy cereal, tsp vanilla, 1 egg white, 1 stevia and a couple Tbsps of water and bake it and add the WF marshmallow to it for a rice krispy kind of treat??
I don't buy any of the IP brand products, so that's not really going to be something to do. I'm just going to toss it out and chaulk it up to learning that that just simply isn't worth buying. I dipped my finger in to try just now and it still tastes awful. Really super chemical tasting. Blech. The two dressings I have are fine (ranch and honey dijon). I guess my moral of the story for myself is they do tolerable salad dressing.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 204/182/135

Height: 5'7"

You've done an awesome job! I am about where you are...weighing in around 175. I tried on a size 12 pair of jeans and got them on! A little tight in the waist, but they are one! Congratulations to you! You're pictures are amazing!!!

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #97  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Back from my weigh in. I'm down 2.4 this week for a grand total of 80 pounds!!!!! Thirty more to go!
Wow great job!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #98  

Height: 5'7

All of this talk about the cutoff for eating time makes me wonder. I am actually "testing" eating my snack earlier in the day this week to see if it helps my loses. Currently my eating/sleeping schedule is as follows (weekdays):

5:30 - wake up
6:40 - leave for work
between 7:20 and 8 - breakfast (3 shots of Iced Espresso from Starbucks with a Vanilla RTD shake - every morning)
12, noon - lunch (2 cups veggies and a IP packet)
3 - snack (IP bar, drink mix or a different restricted IP packet)
6 - dinner
9:30 - bed

Last Friday my WI was OK - I only lost 2.5 lbs and 1 inch. I had done a few snacks in the evening instead of between lunch and dinner. It will be interesting to see how I do this Friday at WI.

Last edited by Soootiff; 05-14-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janniegoingdown View Post
Hi everyone, just have a question. I am starting my 19th wk on IP and doing awesome, just about 50 pounds gone. It is the long weekend coming up and the start of camping ( in Canada). I haven't drank or put anything in my mouth off program since Jan 2. We are camping this weekend with a bunch of family and friend and just haven't made up my mind if I will have any drinks or not. My question is has others managed to stay on track even with having a few drinks? If I drink, it will be rye and water. I realize it will slow the weight loss, but I hope not my motivation. Thanks everyone in advance!
I am totally against drinking alcohol while on IP. It will slow fat metabolism significantly - by a number like 73%.

Google fat metabolism and alcohol and read all you can.

I was still drinking wine and stopped the day I started IP but substituted vodka and diet tonic. Look at my weight loss - I had 2 weeks when I gained 2 pounds. Immed after WI5, when I learned about the impact on fat metabolism, I stopped all alcohol, had losses since.

Perhaps your experience will be different but I doubt it - please do the reading and then make an informed decision. Remember, you can drink after IP, so abstinence isn't forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soootiff View Post
All of this talk about the cutoff for eating time makes me wonder. I am actually "testing" eating my snack earlier in the day this week to see if it helps my loses. Currently my eating/sleeping schedule is as follows (weekdays):

5:30 - wake up
6:40 - leave for work
between 7:20 and 8 - breakfast (3 shots of Iced Espresso from Starbucks with a Vanilla RTD shake - every morning)
12, noon - lunch (2 cups veggies and a IP packet)
3 - snack (IP bar, drink mix or a different restricted IP packet)
6 - dinner
9:30 - bed

Last Friday my WI was OK - I only lost 2.5 lbs and 1 inch. I had done a few snacks in the evening instead of between lunch and dinner. It will be interesting to see how I do this Friday at WI.
Hmmm, think you need a bedtime snack to stay in ketosis since you would be going from 6pm to 7:20am w/o food. Can you eat just half of your afternoon snack at 3pm and then have the second half at 9:30pm? Bars are ideal for splitting.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Checking in today after a busy weekend showing the dogs. Sure had a lot of fun!

Had to carry some food along with me. Each day I had one meal out. But, I have learned how to make my way with that really well.

I hope those who are wanting the full benefits that IP has to offer can find the strength to stay with it! I have found the IP program to be amazing, life changing and nearly miraculous in quick results. One thing I really took to heart is the carb restriction. I can not claim making the OP 100% every day. Sometimes I just do not get in all my water or all veggies. But, I have developed a fanaticism about carb avoidance! I might be a bit nutty on that score, but it has been the very most powerful part of IP for me...the carb restriction that is. Funny thing really, but cheating with carbs is something I actually find kinda scarey to even think of! Loving my quiet pancreas. Loving ketosis. I don't want to mess up either one of those things no matter what!!

I am so hoping to get to goal soon. But, it takes what it takes. Each healthy day is really the pay off anyway, I imagine. I know I just have to keep on keeping on...but, the thought of getting to goal in the not tooooo distant future is exciting too.

Hey, I did more than my usual physical activity the other day. I over exercised in the pool. Wow, I was so hungry. I made it through the day, but it was harder.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 305/168/150

Oh Monday, Monday....well I had another successful week, I hope everyone else out there did as well. I am now officially a pant size smaller than when I was a Junior in highschool! Down 5 more pounds this week! Hope everyone has a fantabulous week!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good morning everyone;

If you go to the website....reginaidealprotein.com, my Coach Adelle has provided a pdf file that you can print off with loads of recipies for ideal protein products.

I find it very useful when I am looking for something different.

Hi Hopeful in Canada..........Thank you for the link, it is brilliant...just what I have been looking for!! I have printed the PDF file to have on hand. Thank you so very much!!! xox
Old 05-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjo77 View Post
Oh Monday, Monday....well I had another successful week, I hope everyone else out there did as well. I am now officially a pant size smaller than when I was a Junior in highschool! Down 5 more pounds this week! Hope everyone has a fantabulous week!
A 5lb loss is awesome!! Wow on getting to that pant size, too! Good on you!!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'4

Good evening everyone! I just got back from a LONG weekend at my best friend's wedding. I did really well with the food staying on plan, but I definitely overdid it on the drinking. I am up three pounds from my last weigh in two weeks ago. After feeling the effects of my decisions yesterday, it was great to feel back on track today and ready to start headed in the right direction again.

Before doing this diet, if I would have a slip up like this, I would spiral into a relapse. I think this program lends itself to a sense of returning back to the plan as soon as possible if there is a slip. I couldn't wait to spend the next few days getting back on track and feeling better again. Instead of chalking this weekend up as a failure, I think it has strengthened my resolve to see this through for the last few pounds. We can all do it!

On another note, since I have been on this site, I have read about other women having more menstrual cycles than usual. Has anyone experienced the opposite? I was fine during the first month, but my cycle is now almost two weeks late.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
That was the "old" way of thinking, IMO. I have my snack sometimes at 11pm. Sometimes I am not eating dinner until 8-830 just depends on my schedule. I think everyone has a schedule and having it restricted to cut off eating at 8pm would be crazy!
wuv2bloved.............you are looking fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread