Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #61  
Started IP 5/4/2012

S/C/G: 170.8 / 155.6 / 135

Height: 5'2"

Hello All! Happy Monday!

Are plan says not to eat after 8pm and it says to get all of our meals and packets in. I have been having the problem of not getting my last packet in before 8pm. So which is better, skipping it or eating it late?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Goodmorning everyone! Just checking in to say hi. WI#17 tomorrow and I think I have done well. So close to onederland!
You look wonderful and are doing great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncorr View Post
Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found its way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I canít do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and friends? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouragement

I also want to know if you think it would be ok to start doing some lunges and squats. My butt has turned in to my back =/
I read motivational weight loss books while on this program. Definitely read Dr Tran's book found in the last link in the first message of the Daily Thread. read it twice - it will help you stay motivated regardless of how ravenous you are. I also read "Protein Power", an old book but so motivational and very much along the same lines as IP. It really helps me keep a pure focus on staying true to the program. Also go shoppiong for a bathing suit and that might just help w/ your determination to not go off the program. Don't buy anything yet (you'll be losing a lot more most likely before summer) but go try on things and check out how you really look in a 3 way mirror and bright lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
This was actually from the weekend chat - but I didn't get a chance to respond. Had a busy weekend with graduation dinner/party and mothers day with the in-laws.
Liz,
Your post was excellent!! So filled w/ good advice, practically a sticky on its own! Thank you.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 View Post
That's pretty much the diet I am on! My husband is doing it as well and the only difference is that he does 10-12 oz of lean protein a day. Seems to be working well for both of us! Best of luck to him!!!!
Try the "Simply Bar" - it seems to be a healthy version of the IP bars - just google to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala0620 View Post
Hello All! Happy Monday!

Are plan says not to eat after 8pm and it says to get all of our meals and packets in. I have been having the problem of not getting my last packet in before 8pm. So which is better, skipping it or eating it late?
I always have a bedtime snack - usually around 9:30 so I stay in ketosis overnight. Never heard about the 8pm cut off...

Wuv,
Do you know anything about a 8pm cut off from daily food/packets?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 277/172/177

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncorr View Post
Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found its way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I canít do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and friends? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouragement

I also want to know if you think it would be ok to start doing some lunges and squats. My butt has turned in to my back =/
Weekends are the hardest, but ultimately family and friends are there to support you! I just spent the weekend with some friends that I haven't seen in MONTHS. Last week I sent them an email just explaining that I have been eating differently and although it is very strict, it is what I need to do right now. I let them know that I wasn't drinking or eating sugar or eating pretty much anything but protein, protein packets and veggies. I told them that I was losing weight, feeling good and that this program was making me happy THey were really supportive and we had a great weekend!! Good Luck, I know you can do it! Have a great day.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Thanks so much for all your suggestions regarding my son starting IP Alternatives. He/we are so excited to start (tomorrow)!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #66  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Try the "Simply Bar" - it seems to be a healthy version of the IP bars - just google to find.

I always have a bedtime snack - usually around 9:30 so I stay in ketosis overnight. Never heard about the 8pm cut off...

Wuv,
Do you know anything about a 8pm cut off from daily food/packets?
My coach also told me to make sure I have a bedtime snack - in fact my Phase 1 Diet Plan sheet says right on it "15 minutes before bed".... if there's a 8pm cut-off, I'd be going to bed awfully early!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 335HW/see ticker/195

Height: 5'9''

Have any of you stopped IP and started again? Any tips for getting motivated all over again?

I had health problems for a few months and my eating got all over the place, which means I not aonly gained back somme weight but have been very disorganised with my eating habits...
Old 05-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
My coach also told me to make sure I have a bedtime snack - in fact my Phase 1 Diet Plan sheet says right on it "15 minutes before bed".... if there's a 8pm cut-off, I'd be going to bed awfully early!!!
Me too!

Hmmm, sounds pretty nice, maybe tonight I'll try going to bed very early, curl up w/ a book and some Yogi brand Bedtime tea. Probably wake up early but might give it a try.

Yes, let us know if not having the bar and doing only unrestricteds helps. I rarely use restricteds.

All,
IMPORTANT! I made a mistake and was only taking half of my IP Potassium calcium pills (taking 2, not 4). I learned that lack of potassium can cause fatigue, dizziness and muscle aches. Knew about cramping as we all do, but didn't know about these other symptoms. Feeling better already w/ more potassium. So, watch out for these other symptoms and be sure you are getting the correct amounts of each supplement.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #69  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Me too!

All,
IMPORTANT! I made a mistake and was only taking half of my IP Potassium calcium pills (taking 2, not 4). I learned that lack of potassium can cause fatigue, dizziness and muscle aches. Knew about cramping as we all do, but didn't know about these other symptoms. Feeling better already w/ more potassium. So, watch out for these other symptoms and be sure you are getting the correct amounts of each supplement.
Chloe I thought we only take one of the IP potassium cal and 4 of the cal-mags.

Do I have this backwards?
Old 05-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi Chloe,
The protocol I have says to only take one Potassium a day. The bottle I have says to take 1-2 per day. Too much or too little potassium will cause heart arrhythmias, although if your kidneys are functioning well, you will probably excrete excess. Does anyone else have any other information on dosing?
Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #71  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post

I wondered too... My Phase 1 Diet Plan has to take 1 Natura Potassium-Calcium + 1 Natura Multi at Breakfast..... and that's the only Potassium-Calcium for the day. Just that one. And it's 4 Natura Cal-Mag per day - 2 with Dinner & 2 with the 'Before Bed' snack.

It occurs to me that Chloe is on alternatives this time around though... maybe she's talking about the dosage recommendations for an alternative potassium supplement she's been taking?
Old 05-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #72  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Good morning everyone;

If you go to the website....reginaidealprotein.com, my Coach Adelle has provided a pdf file that you can print off with loads of recipies for ideal protein products.

I find it very useful when I am looking for something different.
Just went there and downloaded it. It's great!. Thanks so much for the tip!

P.S. --- Here's the link that goes right to the pdf download page!
http://www.reginaidealprotein.com/recipes.php
Old 05-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post

Cadu, Up North Girl, Evepet,
I'm wrong again! All of you are right - thank you!

But now I have to figure out why I'm getting that extreme fatigue 30 min after my phase 3 breakfast - felt more energetic on phase 1 and 2...but I'll figure this out.

Again, this proves the value of this forum, and my friends, thank you for your help here.

Last edited by Chloe222; 05-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Cadu, Up North Girl, Evepet,
I'm wrong again! All of you are right - thank you!

But now I have to figure out why I'm getting that extreme fatigue 30 min after my phase 3 breakfast - felt more energetic on phase 1 and 2...but I'll figure this out.

Again, this proves the value of this forum, and my friends, thank you for your help here.
Chloe,
What are you having for p3 breakfasts? Maybe cut back on the carbs? I've been eating my p3 breakfasts super slow.. probably takes me about 20 minutes to finish. But I think I am just savoring it..
My coach said that for phase 3 and maintenance we only have to worry about the multi vitamin (she said buy one at a store) and omegas. We no longer need to take the potassium or cal-mags.

Also, remember we're not in Ketosis anymore in p3 so you'll tend to not feel as energetic as phase 1 and 2.
I actually had the negative effect.. I felt horrible in ketosis and much better when not in it. That's just me though.

Last edited by CassiR; 05-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #75  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Back from my weigh in. I'm down 2.4 this week for a grand total of 80 pounds!!!!! Thirty more to go!
Closed Thread