Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #31  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning Everybody.
So I was looking for the splenda yesterday at my brother in laws house to put in my tea. His mother in law was there and told me that she was getting horrible back aches when using splenda. When she stopped using it the back aches went away. Since starting IP I do consume more splenda/ sucralose (MIO, WF, Davinci syrups and splenda packets) In the past couple months I have been having horrible back aches every single day usually by night time is when it is worse. I have been doing allot of physical activity so I figured that's what it is from. I have googled this topic and did find that splenda does cause joint pain. I am thinking about weaning off the splenda but it will be hard as I do rely on it to get me through most days. has anyone else had more back pain while on IP and consuming more splenda?

I hope everyone has a great day
My coach only allows Stevia, and I stay away from Mio, so I honestly couldn't say about the back issue. Worth not using for a couple of days and see if you notice a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Morning IPers. Haven't been on much, feel like I am missing so much, but I have hit a super stressful time. The kind of stress that makes it hard to eat, so I had a couple of days where I missed most of my veggies and a protein. I am feeling a little better and trying to do better with my food. I have at least not eaten anything off plan, but realize I need to eat all that is required. Hoping I can get thru this........everything happens for a reason.....so we'll see.

Did go thru my closet yesterday and did something I have never done. Got rid of all my Clothes that are too big. Wow it was hard. I ave always hung on to them when I have lost in case I gained. Well, that s not an option now!! Still going strong with my "cheating is not an option".

Hope everyone has a great day, and I hope to be able to check in more, I miss hearing all of the news with everyone.
You sound like me; I can't eat when I'm stressed, and I've had my fair share of family stress this year. Sending during this stressful time for you. Just make sure you take care of yourself too. Congrats on getting rid of the "fat clothes", I did the same and now my closet if fairly empty, but that's a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlinNYC View Post
Hi Everyone! This is only my second day on this site, but I look forward to reading everyone's posts because they're so motivating! I had a tough weekend....i didn't realize it was my TOM and I was starving. I thought I had accidentally eaten some kind of sugar because I go out for a lot of my meals. I live in NYC...I'm always on the go for work, and entertain a lot for work. I've been sticking to grilled fish and veggies when I'm out, but you never know what they really throw into your food. I think my hunger was due to TOM because today I had my coffee and shake and feel great. I was so concerned I was out of keytosis, but I think it was hormones.

Thanks for your suggestions over the weekend. I asked how people deal with social situations with family and eating. My aunt thankfully had a huge green salad, already dressed with olive oil and I think some kind of non-IP friendly vinegar and a light egg salad (in addition to a spread of cheeses, hummus, kugel, bagels,ect). I didn't touch any of the bad stuff. I ate some of the egg salad and green salad...it may have thrown me off a bit, but I think I'll be able to recover over the next three days before my weigh-in. My whole family told me I look good

A few questions:

How much of a problem is it if you have too many veggies? I think I may be going over the 4 cups...

Is it a problem if I have more than 1 cup of coffee? I had to leave my apartment before 5am for work today... And I'm feeling the effects of lack of sleep.

Thanks everyone!!!
Veggies have carbs, so I wouldn't go over too much. Welcome to the board. I just have to add that I have really missed eating kugel these past six months, but the good news is that it will still be there when I've lost all of the weight.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #32  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Had a salad today at 9:30...... Lol so starved today. Got TOM, coming and trying to get back op after a 2 day break. The good is I have already had 3 liters of water : )

Good luck today everyone!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenncorr View Post
Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found its way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I canít do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and friends? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouragement

I also want to know if you think it would be ok to start doing some lunges and squats. My butt has turned in to my back =/
Weekends can be hard because you find yourself to with too much time on your hands - even if your busy - it's different than when it work. I have to plan ahead. I have a couple different vegetables in 2 cup containers in my fridge. I grab those when I have to be on the go. You can always take your packets along to do a shake or a drink. Keeping myself busy too, going for a walk, or bike ride, or reading a book - anything to distract yourself! If you do it just for a couple weekends, and can see a good result, you will be more motivated to stay on! Good luck and keep trying!!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #34  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/180/145

Height: 5'5"/44yo

This was actually from the weekend chat - but I didn't get a chance to respond. Had a busy weekend with graduation dinner/party and mothers day with the in-laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever29 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I've been OP officially 1week now. My husband and I are both doing the diet. Really has been easy so far compared to HCG which I did around A year ago now. I had my first WI on Thursday and actually lost 9 lbs after only 5 days but I was disappointed that 7 lbs of it was muscle mass. I thought that the point behind the plan was to protect your lean muscle? I was just a little bummed that I lost muscle mass. As of today down 14 lbs.
So this has been addressed before, IPdivajen was the one who initially 'soothed my nerves' over this issue. The 'lean muscle mass' you lost wasn't ALL muscle, it's just "not fat" - so this includes water, blood, connective tissue, etc in that 7lb you lost. And the first week it will be mostly water you lose, so don't think that you are going to be wasting away to no muscle. And just as an aside - I was initially worried because I noticed a trend that each WI I had lost ~25% was 'lean muscle mass' - but this actually makes sense, since the 75% I did lose was FAT, and the rest is the supporting tissue.

Also - I believe it was Wingnut who also explained this, as we get lighter - our body is moving around less weight, so we will gradually lose a little muscle mass (unless we start some kind of weight training, etc). Since it takes less muscle to move a 214lb body than a 145lb body.

There are some instances where your body will consume muscle tissue, for instance when you are in high activity exercise without proper calories, your body will go for the 'quick energy', hence why low intensity exercise is recommended to keep you in the 'fat burning' zone. But remember, your body produces ketones from 1. Body Fat, 2. The Fat You Eat, 3. Alcohol - so if you are staying 100% OP (aka, low fat, no drinking) then you are definitely burning body fat to stay fueled.

Quote:
Thanks.. I did use stevia in my coffe this morning and I am gonna try not to use the MIO & syrups for a few days. I Have read that the joint pain lasts 2 days after consuming it, so I will test this out for a couple days and see if I feel better come Wednesday- Thursday.
That is pretty interesting - I have back problems (3 misaligned vertebrae & 2 bulging disks) so that is good to know. I haven't had any pain in weeks, but I am always looking for as many preventative measures as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Morning IPers. Haven't been on much, feel like I am missing so much, but I have hit a super stressful time. The kind of stress that makes it hard to eat, so I had a couple of days where I missed most of my veggies and a protein. I am feeling a little better and trying to do better with my food. I have at least not eaten anything off plan, but realize I need to eat all that is required. Hoping I can get thru this........everything happens for a reason.....so we'll see.

Did go thru my closet yesterday and did something I have never done. Got rid of all my Clothes that are too big. Wow it was hard. I ave always hung on to them when I have lost in case I gained. Well, that s not an option now!! Still going strong with my "cheating is not an option".

Hope everyone has a great day, and I hope to be able to check in more, I miss hearing all of the news with everyone.
I'm sorry you are going through a hard time - it sounds like you are staying strong - and remember we are all here for you, so don't be shy about venting off! There are a lot of shoulders here for you to lean on.

I just went through and did a wardrobe sweep myself. It was HARD! I actually kept a pair of pants & capris "just in case" - but then went back in and threw them in the pile. I'm organizing a neighborhood garage sale this weekend and that is pretty much all I have to contribute.

Quote:
A few questions:

How much of a problem is it if you have too many veggies? I think I may be going over the 4 cups...

Is it a problem if I have more than 1 cup of coffee? I had to leave my apartment before 5am for work today... And I'm feeling the effects of lack of sleep.

Thanks everyone!!!
Be careful with the veggies, you should stay within the 4 cups, especially if you lean toward the 'higher carb' veggies (turnips, rutabega, etc) as they do have carbs and calories. However if you are overdoing it on celery and cucumber that probably isn't as 'sinful' (some coaches consider them 'free').

The only thing with coffee is to make sure and compensate with an extra cup of water for every extra cup of coffee after the first. This is due to caffeine being a diuretic and you need to make sure you are properly hydrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Happy Monday all! I had my second weigh in on Friday.., down 2 more pounds! My TOM was in tow with it too so hopefully this week will warrant a more significant loss.

Does anyone own the cookbooks for IP? Just wondering if its worth spending the money on.

Have a great OP day everyone!
OOOOH - I am interested in the cookbook reviews as well! Actually, my coach has one out for 'display' - maybe I'll take a few glances my next WI on Fri and see how it looks.

Quote:
Good Morning All!
So it seems that the "old" emotional eater found its way back this weekend...and the weekend before! I will be at a full 6 wks on IP this Wed and I am so scared about weighing in Wed. I skipped last weeks weigh in cause I was scared. I canít do that this week!!!

I really need tips and ideas for weekends. How do you stay on track when you are out and about with your family and friends? Also my goal is 140 by 6/24...my BIG 30. I need sooooo much encouragement

I also want to know if you think it would be ok to start doing some lunges and squats. My butt has turned in to my back =/
Well, I admit that it is hard for me on weekends too - since I'm not in the same 'routine' as during the week. I just REALLY try to be mindful of my eating schedule and if I am 'hungry' in between I have a cup of hot tea - I actually made an entire pot of hot tea Sat AND Sun and drank it through the day (thank you teapot warmer!). Being out & about takes some pre-planning, but not much. If I know we are going to be running around I make sure to have some cucumber slices with lemon in a ziploc bag and a RTD or a similar IP take-and-go (bar, cheese curls, etc). And ANY restaurant can be made IP friendly - there is always going to be a 'clean' fish or chicken option with veggies you can have and squeeze lemon over with salt & pepper. My family knows I am on IP, so if I go to someones house they know to have something for me, or don't get offended if I BYO.

DO NOT SKIP YOUR WEIGH INS - face up to it. The only way to track your weight is to Track Your Weight. Weigh in every week and be honest with yourself and use it to make a strategy for next time.

Lunges and squats are good, generally any 'low intensity' exercise where you can comfortably breath is good on IP (walking, weightlifting). Although most coaches want you to wait ~2 weeks to make sure your body is adjusted to IP correctly, but if you are feeling fine I would go for it. I believe this diet is notorious for gobbling up booty first.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Hi Everyone! This is only my second day on this site, but I look forward to reading everyone's posts because they're so motivating! I had a tough weekend....i didn't realize it was my TOM and I was starving. I thought I had accidentally eaten some kind of sugar because I go out for a lot of my meals. I live in NYC...I'm always on the go for work, and entertain a lot for work. I've been sticking to grilled fish and veggies when I'm out, but you never know what they really throw into your food. I think my hunger was due to TOM because today I had my coffee and shake and feel great. I was so concerned I was out of keytosis, but I think it was hormones.

Thanks for your suggestions over the weekend. I asked how people deal with social situations with family and eating. My aunt thankfully had a huge green salad, already dressed with olive oil and I think some kind of non-IP friendly vinegar and a light egg salad (in addition to a spread of cheeses, hummus, kugel, bagels,ect). I didn't touch any of the bad stuff. I ate some of the egg salad and green salad...it may have thrown me off a bit, but I think I'll be able to recover over the next three days before my weigh-in. My whole family told me I look good

A few questions:

Thanks everyone!!!
You can have coffee, but for every 8 ounces of coffee you drink you need to drink an extra 8 ounces of water since coffee is a diuretic. I still drink 2 cups of coffee a day and about 100 ounces of water, so it all balances out.

Eating out is probably a little easier than eating in with a family member. You may need to just bring a packet and container of veggies with you. When they know you are doing this to be a healthier you - they will understand!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #36  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Good Morning All!
Jen- Weekends are tough for me too, DH was gone the last 3 days and I was having a very hard time not binging. I spent tons of time cooking vegetables in various ways trying to experiment with chips and so forth (still no dice btw), but I think that really helped me. I walked half an hour each day, rode a bicycle Sunday which kicked my butt, and then napped for almost 2 hours (2 less hours to think about food). And I researched a TON. Not sure if you like to google, but looking up IP stuff, and the various topics we talk about in the forums can be super helpful I started to do little squats every time I go to the bathroom after I wash my hands lol, it's not a ton, but with as much as I pee now it gets me to do about 10 reps a day I think? LoL. Don't worry, you'll get to your 140
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:

I have 2 cups of coffee a day.. I only have a 1/2 ounce of fat free half & half in each.

You are only supposed to have the 4 cups of veg a day.. there are carbs in veggies.
Ok I just thought about something. I wasnt even thinking about the conversion from raw to cooked DUH. I've been doing this all wrong. I guess I never stopped to think that 1 cup raw equals 1/2 cup of cooked. OMG. Well I must have been doing something right I was still losing. Starting today I need to measure correctly. Boy the challenges in life . Thanks,Cadu glad I was able to see your post. That was an eye opener. I forgot veggies had carbs I guess my mind is on not eating the carbs that I forgot about the carbs in veggies. Lesson learned!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Cadu- Way to go on the size 12's. Congats. You are an inspiration! Love your pictures. Amazing hard work!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #39  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

The scale hasn't budged since Saturday. Either all the partying hard of the weekend or coming up on TOM, who knows.

Product review: WF marshmallow topping is really really gross! I was thinking last week I could layer that with SF pudding for a nice treat. It ruined the pudding, sad to say.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

I've been IP for 2 weeks, and had my first exercise yesterday. I did 1.25 miles, 2/3 slow jog, 1/3 quick walk. It was hot and sunny, and nice to be outside. It was really nice. Sore legs today...though, haha.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Quote:
OK.. so while going through clothes for the clothing swap.. I figured I would try on my old size 12's from way back. well..... I got them on!! They are a bit snug but they buttoned. WAHOOOOOOOOO. One of my goals was to be in a size 12 dress for my nieces June 8 wedding. Looks like I may make that goal since I am going dress shopping in 2 weeks.
That is awesome!! You look so good!! I had my 3rd weigh in, at 2&1/2 weeks today and I lost 2 more lbs. So that is 14lbs in 18 days. I had a hysterectomy but still have ovaries and PMS, so that is what is happenening right now so I am hoping that next week when I weigh in it will bump the number up a bit. I am also working out again, finally, after a bad fall down my long, steep staircase........I am amazed I am not dead or seriously hurt!! But I just got whip lash, today I did a quick 14 minute mile DVD that really engaged my lower body. I will keep it at this pase for a week then do 2 miles and so on..... Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 174/161/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks to all who have replied! You all have given me some things to work with and I will =D I can do this and I need to be responsible for my actions. I was in to Crossfit for about a yr and my goal is to go back to that and the goal WILL happen by the BIG 30 in June....

"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything, and thank him for his answers." ~Philippians 4:6
Old 05-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #43  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Happy Monday all! I had my second weigh in on Friday.., down 2 more pounds! My TOM was in tow with it too so hopefully this week will warrant a more significant loss.

Does anyone own the cookbooks for IP? Just wondering if its worth spending the money on.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Good morning everyone;

If you go to the website....reginaidealprotein.com, my Coach Adelle has provided a pdf file that you can print off with loads of recipies for ideal protein products.

I find it very useful when I am looking for something different.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

This is a copy of a new thread I posted earlier. I was an active poster during Phases 1&2 and got so much help & support from this forum. Back for a little more advice/knowledge...

I lost 50 lbs using IP products & been maintining for the past month. My 19 year old son, who is 6'3" and weighs 257. He needs to lose 50 lbs or so. Lives at home.

I'm very proud of him b/c he came to me on his own and wants to "do my diet". I really can't afford IP products this time around, and dr appts wouldnt be convenient with his work/school schedule.

I'm trying to come up with an alternative plan for him and give him same success. Based on other posts, I was thinking of using:

EAS low carb drinks 2-3 a day
Pure protein or Quest Bars (he is gluten sensitive so we have to be careful with the bars). 1x/day
8 oz lean protein a day
2 cups IP veggies, olive oil, lettuce

Because he is a big kid, I'm thinking 3-4 protein products a day.

Does that sound right??? He's a total carb addict (I feel guilty cuz he got it from me) and I don't want him to feel hungry enough to cheat. Any experienced "users" out ther that can help me out??

Thanks....Pam
Old 05-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #45  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

WI #1, everything went so much better than expected!
I lost 4.4 pounds on the first week

I know next week won't be as good though, but I'm hoping for at least 2 pounds on the next weigh in. If I could lose 3, I'd be 130 and that would lovely though haha

Also I have no idea how some of you manage weighing in everyday. I'd go CRAZY, weight fluctuates a lot, you know? It's unnecessary stress that I would not like to add. Once a week works perfectly.

Last edited by paulimapi; 05-14-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Closed Thread