3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   EXTREME hunger (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/258869-extreme-hunger.html)

sneuse 05-11-2012 09:09 PM

EXTREME hunger

For the past few days I've been having a terrible time with extreme hunger..... I thought maybe I'd knocked myself out of ketosis and was getting back into it but according to my ketostix that's not the case. I'm not working out/walking more than normal and I'm eating the same amount but STILL starving!! Anyone have any advice or possible explanation?

PS I'm finishing up week 5 if that means anything...

Kaypix 05-11-2012 09:15 PM

I've noticed when extreme stress falls into my lap I get randomly hungry, sometimes even starving. I try to get my mind off it but it doesn't' always work. Sometimes just have to soldier through it.

Momto2cs 05-11-2012 09:16 PM

Eat some pickles...egg whites...tea
Some weeks are harder, but you are probably losing!

sneuse 05-11-2012 09:21 PM

Thanks for the support guys. And that's what I'm hoping Momto2cs! I wasn't even this hungry the first week of the program!

Cole3 05-12-2012 07:06 PM

I had a week like that too ... I was going crazy figuring I must have eaten something that knocked me out of ketosis but I am pretty sure I didn't. It passed ( I think it was around week 4).

Stefany1769 05-12-2012 07:16 PM

My coach told me if I am really hungry and not just bored my body is trying to tell me something! She said that means I need more protien so I don't lose more muscle. I was just talking to her about this today at my WI
Hope this helps!

Lakewood 05-12-2012 07:16 PM

Are you eating more restricteds? If I eat the bars - FORGET IT! I am starving all day. ALL DAY! You can have another pack if you're hungry - you will not gain or stop losing. Are you having your salad with lunch and dinner? Filling up on a huge salad will keep hunger at bay. You can even have it in the middle of the afternoon as a snack. Make sure you are getting 2 cups of veggies, too. Is it TOM? That always does it for me.

sneuse 05-12-2012 07:24 PM

Cole3 - That makes me feel better seeing as how the timing is so close!

Stefany1769 - Thanks! That's what my mom (who is also on the program) said and I think she's right. Even though I know I ate 8oz of chicken for dinner last night it didn't fill me up like normal... must've just worked myself harder than I'd thought! I meet with my coach Monday so I'll probably talk to her more about it then.

Lakewood - I haven't started the restricted foods yet. I'm trying to hold off as long as possible! The problem is that I can't really eat lettuce... I gag when trying to eat any leafy greens and it can make me so sick to my stomach that I throw up. SO I just have to try and hold out between meals and fill up on the protein and veggies. It hadn't been a problem up until a few days ago! Having said that, you made an excellent point - my TOM is coming up and I'm sure that's it!

Stefany1769 05-12-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneuse (Post 4331094)

Stefany1769 - Thanks! That's what my mom (who is also on the program) said and I think she's right. Even though I know I ate 8oz of chicken for dinner last night it didn't fill me up like normal... must've just worked myself harder than I'd thought! I meet with my coach Monday so I'll probably talk to her more about it then.

Lakewood - I haven't started the restricted foods yet. I'm trying to hold off as long as possible! The problem is that I can't really eat lettuce... I gag when trying to eat any leafy greens and it can make me so sick to my stomach that I throw up. SO I just have to try and hold out between meals and fill up on the protein and veggies. It hadn't been a problem up until a few days ago! Having said that, you made an excellent point - my TOM is coming up and I'm sure that's it!

You might also ask your coach if she considers celery and cucumbers as unlimited a well. A lot of people on here have been mentioning that they are lately. Don't be hungry, call your coach and ask, or email. No sense in being miserable! Also, I have found that if I drink tea my stomach doesn't growl for a good 45 minutes.:)

New Englander 05-12-2012 09:07 PM

By looking at your stats it could be that your body is telling you it needs food... I don't know what your bone structure is (Small, Med, or Large), but you may be pretty close to a realistic weight for your height...

Just a thought.

patns 05-12-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneuse (Post 4331094)

I think you need to add the restricted. They are on the plan for a reason. You are likely hungry because you are not getting enough food which is counterproductive. This is easpecially true if you are not having greens either.