Veggies

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • How on earth do you get all the veggies in? I'm finding it harder and harder... Matter a fact I just plain can't do it. Down to only being able to eat zucchini, asparagus, cucumbers, peppers, and mushrooms. No way I can eat 4 cups of those a day! Salads with just vinegar and oil are even getting hard to stomach. I am sooooo hungry at night time! Need suggestions! I'm not losing weight and that makes this hard to keep doing. My coach is no help at all. The whole reason I decided to pay all this money was to have someone there to help!
  • I tend to eat a lot of my veggies raw as I find I can more easily get them down on days when I just don't want to eat them. Others suggest to cut up cooked veggies and add them to your soups. Maybe try one new veggie a week and experiment with different ways to cook it to see if something works for you.
  • A lot of people blend them in with the chocolate drink and add a little splenda and some WF chocolate syrup to mask the taste. I haven't tried it yet, but people say its delicious.
  • I add raw spinach and blend in with my morning chocolate drink, decaf, and ice and I can't even taste the spinach. I also sautéed up a frozen bag of rhubarb and split it between 2 servings of raspberry jelly. I have gotten to roasting and pureeing 3 poblanos, 1 red bell pepper, 1 jalapeño, and 3 cloves garlic and adding it to my chicken soup. Have you tried kale chips, turnip fries, or mashed cauliflower? And the salads are not mandatory, just the 4 cups veggies - but they do help stave off the hunger. Have you tried a 2 egg white recipe? Crispy cereal pancakes, mug cake, pudding muffins. Some coaches allow 2 egg whites/day as 'free'.

After week 3 I got tired of the same old same old and have found some great veggie recipes I can see eating well into maintenance. I can repost any recipes you find intriguing.
  • A cup of spinach and a cup of mushrooms in the omelet every morning allows me flexibility to not worry about them at lunch or the option to split the remaining two cups between lunch and supper. The cauliflower fried rice is great for supper. I add snow peas, celery, and mushrooms. If you are looking for snacks an easy one is to cube cucumbers, add salt and pepper and eat with a fork or toothpick. Satisfies the snack munchies for me.
  • I put cooked veggies in my soup every day. A cup of cauliflower or mushrooms cooks down pretty far!
  • Have you tried roasting your veggies?
    I started with cauliflower and loved it.. then i tried broccoli and have it every day for lunch. For dinner normally I thinly slice up a couple small zucchinis (I'm lazy and have my food processor do the work for me) and put them on a sprayed baking sheet in one layer. Spray them a tiny bit and salt them and put them in the oven at 425 for about 15 mins. You don't even need to flip them. The longer you leave them in the crispier they get. They get this sweetness and saltiness and are just plain YUM. I find that I want more after I'm done! I slice up a lot of zucchinis on the weekend and then store the slices in the fridge. When I get home all I have to do is turn the oven on, put them on the baking sheet with some EVOO spray and salt and pop them in. I watch them though so they dont burn.

I hope this helps
  • I'm going to try the zucchini! Thanks. I cant tolerate cauliflower, broccoli, or cabbage family vegetables. My yummy just bloats up when I eat them.
  • Yes, and it's always better for me to eat them cooked as well or I get bloating and gas >.<
  • Many days I will cut up 4 cups of veggies, put them in chicken broth to cover, add herbs, garlic, etc., simmer until soft and add 8 oz. of protein and I have my veggies and protein for the day, just add a tsp. of oil to each serving.
  • I second the oven roasting!
    Also, one of my favourite medley of tastes is simply garlic, lemon, olive oil, sea salt and pepper -- basted on top of zucchinis is so yum!
  • MMaZu, I didn't know we could have chicken broth! I've been thinking I was cheating by adding 1 TBSP to my chicken stir fry! Thank you!!

Also, Thanks for the zucchini recipe..... I'm soooo making this tonight!
  • I made the cauliflower fried rice (the recipe is on this site somewhere) last night for the first time and it was SO good!! I am having some veggie fatigue too ... but honestly it didn't taste like veggies really at all and it uses a lot of veggies so that takes care of most of your veggies for the day.
  • CassiR and Ei8ht,

Thanks for the zuccini recipes! I'm going to roast some tonight. They tend to get too mushy when I steam them and I generally don't eat them raw.

Thanks for the sharing!
  • Being in single parent mode for a few months now I have found that on Sundays after I grocery/farmer market shop I cut up all of my veggies and put them in baggies per 2 cup serving amount. I usually add to soups, eat raw or steam them.

Use walden farms products for your salad dressings instead of evoo and vinegar.

I made kabobs the other night with all my protien and veggies and it hit the spot! Summer is almost here and I use the grill daily during this time of year.