Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 187/162/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Bragging

I set up multiple goals for myself to keep me motivated. My goals are: 5%, 10%, etc; not overweight category; and weighing less than my husband-- a little embarrassing to admit that one out loud. I wanted to brag about my meeting my first goal-- I reached 5% in just 22 days!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #77  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO 170's !!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Congratulations!! Great job!!
Thank you. I have to ask, does anyone else notice how difficult it is to break into a new decade? Wondering if it's just me?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #78  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
I don't feel awful, but I've never had the energy people mention here. I'm very tired all of the time. I do sleep better, but getting up is more of a struggle than it ever has been.
For the past week or so, I've been so tired around 7 that I've fallen asleep in the chair while watching TV. I used to do this before, but was making it until bed, until a week ago.

I've also never received the energy boost and am still hungry. I was going to get Ketostix to make sure I'm in ketosis, but keep talking myself out of it.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
Hi, Everyone;
Wanted to share my find this week....IP Tisane Tea. I bought it in the clinic that I go to. During this journey, I thought I was doing great with the big C (no issues at all), but now drinking just one cup of the this tea a day for the last 3 days) has made me more regular than I was before IP. Hoping that this will make a difference on the scale this week, Whoo Whoo!!!

Have a great day everyone.
I bought this tea because someone posted that it curbed her appetite. It did nothing for mine. I bought it from buyproteinfood.com for $13.50 (20 bags/box), no tax and free shipping. Not only did it not curb my hunger, I didn't think it tasted very good, either. Nor did it do anything for constipation. Celestial Seasons makes Lax a Tea for a few dollars a box that works great for that.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #80  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Question. How can I post a before and during picture to show up by my signature? I can only figure out how to post 1 picture.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #81  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Thanks you guys

Seks.. you look fantastic.
Tripmama.. I hope you get that 5!!

Since I felt so good after WI I posted some progress pics on my profile. I just wish I put on some makeup
How did you get your pictures to show up next to your ticker???
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #82  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Weighing in Daily

Hey guys, I saw a lot of mentions on who weighs daily, and I'll admit, I do...however, I keep a spreadsheet (nerd alert) and just jot down the numbers then forget them on purpose, except for my weekly weigh in, which goes into the sheet and is tracked on a graph (only tracking weekly, not daily on the graph). For those who are bummed about those "only one pound", here's food for thought (yuck!)

And finally for me, today work is nuts, I'm getting used to the frantic pace of keeping up with ever changing technology and the different atmosphere pretty well. I've been blogging nightly, so proud of that Putting up all the recipes I find on here that I want to try as well as info guides and so forth as I come across them. I want to have a one-stop place for me to be able to check quick and get what I'm looking for.

I was weird this morning, I woke up at 5:30, jumped on the scale and was up .4 lbs, then 'baked cookies' and ended up weighing again when i ACTUALLY woke up at 7, and was up an additional .2 lbs...how weird is that right? Oh well, I know I'm OP and walking every day for 30 minutes, so the numbers will be going the right way by next Monday. I hope to be out of the 180's by the end of the month (185 now). Well, back to work. Have a great day everyone!!!! ~ Kara
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #83  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I think they post the pics to photobucket etc, then stick them in their "signature" line, but I could be wrong. I do'nt get a signature line for ... 14 days yet (not that I'm counting!)
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #84  
Starting WB 2/11/13

S/C/G: 266.2/201.8/160

Height: 5'4

Good Morning everyone!

This morning I was only down .8 but that's ok. I had a horrible week long TOM and that will account for the poor weight loss this week. I ended finding a place here that is called sugar free and more and she sells Walden Farms Products and whole bunch of other stuff. It was like being a kid in a candy store. It might be my new favorite place to go. However, she did have two different kinds of Mio then what the Walmart had so I thought I'd get them. Well I didn't realize until later that she sells the Mio for $10.99 a bottle which is outrageous considering it is $3.77 @ Walmart. I feel ripped off but oh well you live and learn lol. I will only buy Mio at walmart from now on.

Have a Great OP Day everyone!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #85  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
Just recalled a Dr. Oz show talking about estrogen stored in fat, it happens for men too. Dr. Oz said that is why some men develop "man boobs" when they're carrying extra weight. As the fat cells shrink in men they also release estrogen which is a good thing. The "man boobs" are not just fat but it actually develops breast tissue in men. Maybe you can google it to find the Dr. Oz show.
One part that never grew were boobs! Just feeling better and I know my T is part of it. I will check out Dr. Oz.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #86  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
For the past week or so, I've been so tired around 7 that I've fallen asleep in the chair while watching TV. I used to do this before, but was making it until bed, until a week ago.

I've also never received the energy boost and am still hungry. I was going to get Ketostix to make sure I'm in ketosis, but keep talking myself out of it.
I also never got that energy boost. I have noticed that I am sleeping better and waking up easier. Before the diet, I was tired all the time. I even took naps on weekends (it’s easy when you don’t have kids) so maybe the fact that I’m not quite as tired is my “energy boost.”

I'm not hungry all the time, because I'm trying to differentiate between being hungry and having an appetite, and I actually don’t get hungry often… but I never get full either, and I miss that feeling, which is when my appetite tries to get me in trouble.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Big high-fives to Cadu and DanafromAustin on their successful weigh-ins!!!

I just came from WI #9 and it appears the whoosh fairy finally paid me a visit as I am down 3.1 pounds from last week! Of course, I know the fairy was aided by my orthodontist as the new braces and difficulty eating surely had an impact.

Speaking of my aching teeth, I'm slow cooking some chicken breasts right now to try and make shredded chicken for dinner. It will be my first attempt at eating non-IP protein since my braces were installed last week. I really hope I can handle the chicken tonight.

I've told the whoosh fairy to go visit everyone else now on this forum so here's wishing all lots of good WI and NSVs!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!! I love reading all the inspiring posts each morning and evening

I have a question for all of you. I read so often how everyone feels so much energy. I don't have that at all. Does anyone feel awful most of the time? I am lightheadded and weak almost everyday. It is not my salt intake!!! I take more than required. I know I have some medical stuff going on with me right now, but I am thinking that IP might not be agreeing with me or something. I look forward to going to bed every night just to get the awful feeling day over with!!! Hopefully I will know more from my medical test results by the end of the week.
I was feeling lightheaded myself, then I realized that I needed to check with my Dr. about reducing my blood pressure meds. He cut it in half and no more lightheadedness, I am still tired though lately, mostly at the end of the day. I hope your Dr. can get to the bottom of your issues soon, it could be part of it...but if you take BP meds. it could be time to recheck those. I am pretty sure I will bw getting off of mine completely. Good luck to you!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 163/154/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default New here

Hello!
I'm pretty new, in my 4th week of IP. I've been collecting lots of great recipes from the boards, so I figure it’s time to say hello!
My start has been ok, although I’d love for the weight to be coming off faster (don’t we all??). I’m down around 9 pounds across my 3 weigh ins, but I notice the inches more.

I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on exercise. I used to hit the gym/go for walks 3 times a week or so before IP. I maintained that for the first 3 weeks, but there were a couple of times I thought I was going to pass out – I had no energy. I eat my bar before going to the gym, but that didn’t seem to make a difference. I’ve generally been tired most of the time as well. Going to bed early, waking up exhausted – it’s almost like pregnancy exhaustion!
This week, I’m not exercising at all, to see if I feel better over-all. We’ll see.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks! I love all the support you guys give to each other here!!
Good luck everyone!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #90  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
In usercp under edit signature.. all the way on the bottom it says "your current signature picture. upload your pic on the bottom then click "insert signature picture. you can only upload 1 picture so if you wanted to do a before and an after you will have to put the pics together in a pic editor and make it 1 pic and then upload that.

Last edited by Cadu; 05-09-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Closed Thread