Old 05-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #61  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Thanks you guys

Seks.. you look fantastic.
Tripmama.. I hope you get that 5!!

Since I felt so good after WI I posted some progress pics on my profile. I just wish I put on some makeup
Just looked at your progress pics - you are looking so good Cadu! WTG!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansMama3 View Post
I can't help but weigh myself every day. I think it keeps me on track for the day better, but anyone else weigh at home every day? Thoughts?
Yes I weight myself every morning. It makes my day when I have lost, and if I don't lose any or have gained I just say I have a little water weight and it will go down tomorrow, I don't let it get me down. As long as you don't let any weight gains freek you out you will be okay. Good luck.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #63  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congrats on the 1 pound loss. you have a great attitude, the time flies and before you know it you will have hit your goals.
Thanks Cadu. I'd be ecstatic to see my weight dropping off more quickly, but when I think about this whole situation I'm ok with it. I'm finding it fairly easy to stay with the program at this point, and don't really have any major problems with it anymore. No hunger or cravings. I have alternate food options that pretty much satisfy me, and give me lots of variety. It's just become my standard way of eating - I don't feel particularly like I'm 'dieting' at this point. If it takes me longer to get to goal, then 'so be it'. I know myself well enough to know that if I start obsessing about trying to make things work faster, I'll get myself all stressed and possibly allow that stress and anxiety to completely stall me... or worse still grow frustrated and give up! So I'm keeping my attitude positive about 'slow but sure' weight loss and just keeping on trucking day by day.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #64  
Full of awesome

S/C/G: 259/177/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
I have a question for all of you. I read so often how everyone feels so much energy. I don't have that at all. Does anyone feel awful most of the time? I am lightheadded and weak almost everyday. It is not my salt intake!!! I take more than required. I know I have some medical stuff going on with me right now, but I am thinking that IP might not be agreeing with me or something. I look forward to going to bed every night just to get the awful feeling day over with!!! Hopefully I will know more from my medical test results by the end of the week.
I get the odd, short-lived burst of energy now and then, but overall, I've also felt weak and light-headed most of the time. It's been more pronounced lately, as well. My blood work came back on Monday, and everything looks great. I'm thinking it is just the diet not agreeing with me, but it's something I can deal with for another few weeks since I'm phasing off at the end of the month.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #65  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
So I've heard of estrogen being stored in a women's fat and released with weight loss. Same for testosterone too?
Just recalled a Dr. Oz show talking about estrogen stored in fat, it happens for men too. Dr. Oz said that is why some men develop "man boobs" when they're carrying extra weight. As the fat cells shrink in men they also release estrogen which is a good thing. The "man boobs" are not just fat but it actually develops breast tissue in men. Maybe you can google it to find the Dr. Oz show.

I found this link. Maybe disregard the tips that say not to eat protein drinks ;-) http://jasonferruggia.com/how-to-low...levels-in-men/

Last edited by sekc14; 05-09-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 207/181/135 started IP 3/23/12

7th week TOM and I am feeling it. No cravings until now well not even cravings i m just HUNGRY!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!! I love reading all the inspiring posts each morning and evening

I have a question for all of you. I read so often how everyone feels so much energy. I don't have that at all. Does anyone feel awful most of the time? I am lightheadded and weak almost everyday. It is not my salt intake!!! I take more than required. I know I have some medical stuff going on with me right now, but I am thinking that IP might not be agreeing with me or something. I look forward to going to bed every night just to get the awful feeling day over with!!! Hopefully I will know more from my medical test results by the end of the week.
I have very low energy; but I had that when I was packing around 40 more lbs. so I haven't really been that aware until yesterday. I think I am sort f depressed because now without the food to numb me I am thinking and feeling and my feelings are coming to the surface and I don't like them.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm heading into Week 7.... according to some posts I read recently, I feel like I'm heading into dangerous territory. Something about a Wk 7 'angst'. So I'm paying close attention to my attitude and moods.

Today was WI #6. It's another 'just -1 pound week'... but I'll take it! Like in past weeks with lower losses, I remind myself that the volume of 1 lb fat occupies about the same space as a coffee mug - and I've rid myself of that much more fat during the past 7 days. And I'm happy to say I've now lost 15 lbs... so I've put my 3 'applause fans' below to show my feeling of encouragement at having reached 15 lbs lost. Looking forward to the next 15... then the next... then the next... and then - Wow - at that point I'll be at my goal. (Breaking it up that way into a series of 15-lb losses somehow makes it seem easier).

Yesterday was such a hectic travel and work day that it left me feeling quite drained. I'm still feeling a bit under par energy-wise today and I'm going to take it fairly easy. I know when I'm tired I'm more easily tempted - so I'll be watching for that.

Sending best thoughts and supportive energy to everyone of you for a healthy and happy OP IP Day.
I really admire your great attitude!!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #69  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Surprise, surprise I lost 2.0 this week.. I guess my scale is a piece of junk lol. better to not even weigh at home.

Thanks for all the well wishes this morning.. it worked!
Good luck on all WI's
Happy to hear you had a nice surprise on the scale.

Quote:
I can't help but weigh myself every day. I think it keeps me on track for the day better, but anyone else weigh at home every day? Thoughts?
I've always weighed everyday. I'm happy of course seeing the scale go down, and fine too when it stays the same or goes up. I never look at my progress day to day, but rather month to month.

Quote:
Thanks you guys

Seks.. you look fantastic.
Tripmama.. I hope you get that 5!!

Since I felt so good after WI I posted some progress pics on my profile. I just wish I put on some makeup
Lookin good!!!

Quote:
Good morning everyone!!! I love reading all the inspiring posts each morning and evening

You shouldn't be feeling that bad. On the other hand you've had TOM for sometime now, and that might be playing into how you're feeling. Hope the test will help you to know what's going on.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #70  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hi, Everyone;
Wanted to share my find this week....IP Tisane Tea. I bought it in the clinic that I go to. During this journey, I thought I was doing great with the big C (no issues at all), but now drinking just one cup of the this tea a day for the last 3 days) has made me more regular than I was before IP. Hoping that this will make a difference on the scale this week, Whoo Whoo!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #71  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Quote:
I weigh myself every morning..cant help it..i know we will get people saying its a no no ..ha ha but i cant resit...
Old 05-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #72  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Just back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches which now puts me in the 170's . It was a hard fought battle this week as my weight loss has really slowed down. It took two days of boot camp to loose those two pounds, but once again the scale hasn't moved since those two days which was last week. I think my body now thinks this is the new norm for me after being on this diet for almost 7 months. It feels like I have to shake things up a bit to wake up the old metabolism.

My mom is coming for a two week stay and more family coming in this weekend for a visit, so time to catch up on things here at home today so I can play with everyone when they come, and not have to think about laundry, etc. Also looking forward to seeing if they notice more of a weight loss since I've lost another 20 pounds since I last saw everyone. Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #73  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Just back from WI and down 2 pounds and 2 inches which now puts me in the 170's . It was a hard fought battle this week as my weight loss has really slowed down. It took two days of boot camp to loose those two pounds, but once again the scale hasn't moved since those two days which was last week. I think my body now thinks this is the new norm for me after being on this diet for almost 7 months. It feels like I have to shake things up a bit to wake up the old metabolism.

My mom is coming for a two week stay and more family coming in this weekend for a visit, so time to catch up on things here at home today so I can play with everyone when they come, and not have to think about laundry, etc. Also looking forward to seeing if they notice more of a weight loss since I've lost another 20 pounds since I last saw everyone. Have a great OP day everyone!!
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO 170's !!!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

Congratulations!! Great job!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

4.8 in two weeks. I didn't go last week because of my two root canal's
Closed Thread