3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/8/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/258621-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-5-8-12-a.html)

0ojoyo0 05-08-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulimapi (Post 4325894)
I had one of the bars for lunch today, and I feel a bit guilty since it's only my first week, I'm scared I won't lose weight as fast , but they never told me I can't have restricted foods since day 1, I just read it in the pdf I found here.
I think I'll stick to just 1 restricted food a week for the first 2/3 weeks, and then I'll start with 3 a week and so..let's see how it goes.

Also I'm now drinking my veggies. It doesn't taste too good, but it's way faster. I just blend some cucumber and celery mostly and then drink it fast while pinching my nose haha.

I just started a week ago and have had bars everyday for breakfast since day 1. I can't imagine that it hurt me at all, since I'm down 13 lbs. in 8 days. But I have a lot more to lose than you, so maybe it will affect you differently. Definitely follow the protocol though, and don't have any more than one restricted a day.

0ojoyo0 05-08-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andie0606 (Post 4325904)
I emailed the dietician who is over IP where I go, and she responded that the soy patty is restricted.

Well great, it was an unintended cheat! UGH!! I didn't have one today since it felt like too much the past couple of days, but it upsets me that my coach just let me buy it knowing I eat bars for breakfast. Thanks for looking into it and providing an answer.

0ojoyo0 05-08-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4325908)
I shared last week that we are having a contest "Slim Down" at my workplace and it is teams of 5 people. If your team has the greatest percentage of weight loss; you each get $500; if you all maintain this weight loss for 3 months after it is over you each get an additional $500.
Today was my first WI and I was down 4 lbs. I sure hope my team members are taking this seriously! I am very excited about my loss!! Thanks IP!!

Good luck!! You can use that $ to pay for a new wardrobe!

paulimapi 05-08-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 (Post 4325909)
I just started a week ago and have had bars everyday for breakfast since day 1. I can't imagine that it hurt me at all, since I'm down 13 lbs. in 8 days. But I have a lot more to lose than you, so maybe it will affect you differently. Definitely follow the protocol though, and don't have any more than one restricted a day.

That makes me feel better haha, I just get confused because some people tell me that when they have the bars they lose far less but wow 13 lbs in a week! Congrats, that's AMAZING. I wish! Haha
Thanks!

Karen71 05-08-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lala0620 (Post 4325398)
Karen71 - I was having trouble getting my veggies in, but then started adding the 2 cups of broccoli, cauliflower and/or zucchini to my soup at lunch and its very satisfying and easy!

Thank you, Lala0620! I actually did that today for lunch. Had two cups of broccoli and added the chicken soup to it. PERFECT! :)

Karen71 05-08-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4325478)
I like to add veggies to my omelet in the morning, There were more mushrooms in my omelet this morning than omelet! It tasted great. Sometimes it is green peppers and mushrooms, no time for peppers this morning so extra mushrooms. Raw onion is great too. I have half of a large cucumber with me today and 1/4 head of lettuce too. It really helps fill me up and keeps me satisfied.

:cb::broc::carrot:

I tried that with the mushrooms the other day. I just really need my cheese in the omelet. Maybe since my taste buds are changing it will taste better next time.

Andie0606 05-08-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 (Post 4325868)
I noticed that it wasn't on the list either, but looking at the nutritional info, it looks like it's comparable to the restricted items. So now I'm confused. The past two days, I had a restricted bar for breakfast and the soy patty for lunch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 (Post 4325915)
Well great, it was an unintended cheat! UGH!! I didn't have one today since it felt like too much the past couple of days, but it upsets me that my coach just let me buy it knowing I eat bars for breakfast. Thanks for looking into it and providing an answer.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I eat a bar for breakfast, too, so I don't know what I'm going to do with the one soy patty packet that I bought. I didn't know when I bought it that it's restricted. Just glad that I didn't get a whole box.

Manda Marie 05-08-2012 03:26 PM

Thanks for the responses about my question about how to go on vacation w/out losing it! I'll do a Phase 2, plan on two packets a day and still 2 cups of veggies, but maybe let the little things pass. And, yes, will be very careful with alcohol!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 5 weeks w/out it and I only miss it occasionally. Another good unpredicted benefit of IP!

0ojoyo0 05-08-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andie0606 (Post 4325940)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I eat a bar for breakfast, too, so I don't know what I'm going to do with the one soy patty packet that I bought. I didn't know when I bought it that it's restricted. Just glad that I didn't get a whole box.

No, I'm glad you told me before I went through the entire box. Lol, unfortuantely I did get the whole box. :/

Busymomx4 05-08-2012 03:36 PM

Kaypix - I wanted to send you a PM but its not an option. I was wondering if you could send me your avatar picture (PM me and i'll give you my email address), i'm looking around for a nice ankle/foot tattoo and i really like your picture and would like to see a bigger version of it.

LaLibE 05-08-2012 03:38 PM

Hi all, I'm back after a little bit of a hiatus... not sure what I have gained. I am actually scared to look. I will weigh myself next week when I am in ketosis and feeling a bit better about what I am doing to turn things around.

It's always a pleasure reading your posts and knowing that I am not alone.

GemIAm 05-08-2012 03:41 PM

I'm back after a crazy weekend of pre-graduation (w/ the 18 year old son) and 4H horsey-events (with the 12 year old daughter). I did Ok this weekend but I know I need to do better - I will pre-plan and bring all my own food for next weekends horse show!
Strength & self-love to all!

DanafromAustin 05-08-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakin (Post 4325169)
My intention was to phase before those events anyway, but now I'm really thinking about going about 2 weeks early. I think she'll oppose, but can she actually forbid it?
I really need encouragement today. My family is facing some "stuff" today and I'm praying for a good outcome. The rain isn't helping.... I'm feeling blue.
Wishing everyone a great day OP!

It's your money and your diet, I really wouldn't care if my coach opposed it or not, I'd do it anyway. Nobody knows you better than you. I hope your family got good news today! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manda Marie (Post 4325548)
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice for going on vacation. I'll be gone for a week at the beach with my two best girlfriends.
I plan on going off plan, within reason. I'll do packets for breakfast and lunch w/veggies, but I'll allow myself some leeway for dinner and a few drinks. We'll be crazy active swimming in the ocean. I'm not going to worry about losing that week, just I really don't want to gain.
Any advice on how to not shock my system? My coach says just go off plan and then go back on. I feel like I should eat a warm-up piece of bread or have a pre-vacay glass of wine or something.

I'm also going on a weeks vacation with a girlfriend this summer. On my past vacations on IP I stayed on Phase 2 with no cheats. However this vacation I will be a lot closer to goal, so I am taking a week off. My friend is also on IP, and just about at goal herself. We are both phasing off 3 weeks ahead of time. Skipping phase 2 and doing 2 weeks of phase 3 and one week of phase 4 before we leave. Then right back to phase 1 for me to finish, and her to just get back to goal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soootiff (Post 4325584)
I hope to also watch the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" while I'm getting homework done. I've heard good things about the movie. We will see.

Great movie; very inspiring.

Quote:

I had one of the bars for lunch today, and I feel a bit guilty since it's only my first week, I'm scared I won't lose weight as fast , but they never told me I can't have restricted foods since day 1, I just read it in the pdf I found here.
I think I'll stick to just 1 restricted food a week for the first 2/3 weeks, and then I'll start with 3 a week and so..let's see how it goes.

Also I'm now drinking my veggies. It doesn't taste too good, but it's way faster. I just blend some cucumber and celery mostly and then drink it fast while pinching my nose haha.

You should try blending in some spinach with puddings if you buy them. I do that many days for lunch. In fact I'm eating one right now. I put 1 to 2 cups in my blender with vanilla pudding and make a shake. You absolutely can not taste the spinach. I add some cinnamon for added taste, and other than my shake being green, I would never guess that there is spinach in it.

As for the bars, I have one almost every day since I started and I've lost just fine. My coach never told me I had to wait the first few weeks. Her only request is not to have a restricted before bed. The bars are usually my breakfast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darralyn (Post 4325908)
I shared last week that we are having a contest "Slim Down" at my workplace and it is teams of 5 people. If your team has the greatest percentage of weight loss; you each get $500; if you all maintain this weight loss for 3 months after it is over you each get an additional $500.
Today was my first WI and I was down 4 lbs. I sure hope my team members are taking this seriously! I am very excited about my loss!! Thanks IP!!

Great loss. Hopefully you will be the continuing motivation for your team members.

Well it's a rainy warm day here in Austin. We really need the rain so no one is complaining. It is nice to get a break from the over 90 degree days we have been having. Hope everyone is having a good OP day!

Shepard N7 05-08-2012 03:50 PM

Ugh. I just realized I had the soy patty, after eating a plain crepe for breakfast. My coach never said they were restricted, as she always adds an (R) next to those on my weekly sheet.

Thankfully, it was on one of my cycling days and did not "harm" me (I lost 4 pounds that week). Not to mention I hated the thing and will not be making that same mistake again. Still, I'm going to mention it to my coach so that others don't unknowingly do the same thing.

Hopeful in Canada 05-08-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Try...Wildberry Yogurt Shake or Chocolate Shake blended up with 2 cups of frozen Spinach...makes for a nice shake and then you get your veggies in as well.