Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #61  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

So today is my first day.
I had the crispy cereal for b-fast and the chicken soup for lunch. I didn't really like either of them, especially not the chicken soup :S
I also had a hard time eating so many veggies since I don't really like veggies, but oh well, sacrifices must be made!

Also, I was wondering, is there anything I can add to water so it tastes better? Because it's really hard to drink so much water for me. I like water, and I don't drink anything else with meals, ever. But chugging down so much is just ugh.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #62  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Afternoon All!
IP is going super well. I am feelin super skinny and am hearing about it! There are hills and valleys on this journey for sure, but just keep on the journey.

Have a great day!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #63  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I was going to do another multi-quote but felt inspired to post my own little mini-story.

I am 37 and had my son 21 months ago (on my 36th birthday...so 38 in a few months!). I had a relatively easy conception, pregnancy, etc. but about 6 months after he was born I threw my back out, enough for a sore weekend on the couch (never have had back problems before). I shook it off, then threw my back out again BADLY 4 months after that, I could barely move.

Turns out my first pregnancy had aggravated a previously unknown spinal misalignment on my lower 3 vertebrae ("spondilolysthesis"). The misalignment causes 2 bulging disks, which in turn aggravate 2 nerves going down my leg. The pain has caused me to have a dramatic change in my lifestyle. I used to be a 'fit fat' person - I would run ~4 miles and go to a weightlifting class 3x/week, but my portion control has always been out of control and I never ate enough veggies. High impact exercise is now out of the picture.

Without my activity crutch the scale quickly moved from ~180 (that was pre-baby weight) to 214 (I was ~210 when I delivered my son). I actually have been at a high of ~220lb back in grad school (getting your Masters while working stinks!). But ~180 is a weight I have mostly been at, even in high school. I had a short period around my wedding (of course) when I got to a low of ~160 (that included running 6mi/day + weights 4 days/week), that was short lived.

I'm trying to alleviate as many problems a 2nd pregnancy would have on my back now, since I wasn't at a very healthy weight for the first one, I'm hoping that being proactive now to get to a good weight and staying healthy (fingers crossed) during will help with pain management and help curtail any potential problems. I had a contant 'pinch' that I had learned to live with for over a year as my weight was increasing but I've actually felt no pain for weeks now.

I had 'resolved' to lose the weight back in November when we decided to start trying for #2 but I just couldn't do it by myself (in fact I gained more). IP has been amazing and I am so thankful I took the step to talk with my doctor. I'm hoping my age won't be too much of a factor trying for #2 (although I wasn't exactly a spring chicken to begin with having my first), but I have really learned a lot about myself in these 10 short weeks.

Also, as an aside - I am an engineer so I find some of these numbers and WI results just fascinating!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #64  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Just found a great way to get 2 cups of vegies in my soup ..blend 2 cups of raw spinach and add to any of the soups... yummy and quick ..you cannot taste the spinach at all..also tried a rhubard and spinach smoothie..yummy again could not taste spinach..tasted like a strawberrie smoothie..i cup steamed rhubard..i cup raw spinach..1 cup water..1 tablespoon of wf syrup any flavor...1 cup crushed ice...blend..
Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #65  
Cindy

S/C/G: 216/184/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulimapi View Post
So today is my first day.
I had the crispy cereal for b-fast and the chicken soup for lunch. I didn't really like either of them, especially not the chicken soup :S
I also had a hard time eating so many veggies since I don't really like veggies, but oh well, sacrifices must be made!

Also, I was wondering, is there anything I can add to water so it tastes better? Because it's really hard to drink so much water for me. I like water, and I don't drink anything else with meals, ever. But chugging down so much is just ugh.
In Canada and the US, you can buy a water enhancer called MiO, it comes in a bunch of different flavours.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #66  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful in Canada View Post
In Canada and the US, you can buy a water enhancer called MiO, it comes in a bunch of different flavours.
Thanks I don't live in the US or Canada though I wish I could add some lime to it..
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #67  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Thx purple. Your post *spoke* to me. In the past 3 weeks my losses have been slower than what I generally see reported here, and it was starting to discourage me. Then I read your post. I've decided now not to worry too much about it. I may experiment with different unrestricted/restricted foods, etc., and tweak a few things here and there, make sure I'm 100% with my alternatives, oil, water, meat, veggies, etc. etc... but in the long run as long as the weight is coming off bit by bit and I eventually get to goal that's the important thing for me. If I start stressing over it not coming off fast enough I just create another problem for weight loss - ie. stress. So if my weight loss story over the coming months is 'slow and steady' then OK. I needed that reminder.
I think the mind plays tricks with us. You can't will or wish the weight away. Plus, you can't repeatedly get on the scale till you see the next pound down. Trust me, I have tried. Have you ever noticed that the scale sticks stubbornly when it gets close to the mini-milestones, in particular those decades? From some reason it does not want to move when we go down to the next decade. Especially 150 and 200.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I was going to do another multi-quote but felt inspired to post my own little mini-story.

I am 37 and had my son 21 months ago (on my 36th birthday...so 38 in a few months!). I had a relatively easy conception, pregnancy, etc. but about 6 months after he was born I threw my back out, enough for a sore weekend on the couch (never have had back problems before). I shook it off, then threw my back out again BADLY 4 months after that, I could barely move.

Turns out my first pregnancy had aggravated a previously unknown spinal misalignment on my lower 3 vertebrae ("spondilolysthesis"). The misalignment causes 2 bulging disks, which in turn aggravate 2 nerves going down my leg. The pain has caused me to have a dramatic change in my lifestyle. I used to be a 'fit fat' person - I would run ~4 miles and go to a weightlifting class 3x/week, but my portion control has always been out of control and I never ate enough veggies. High impact exercise is now out of the picture.

Without my activity crutch the scale quickly moved from ~180 (that was pre-baby weight) to 214 (I was ~210 when I delivered my son). I actually have been at a high of ~220lb back in grad school (getting your Masters while working stinks!). But ~180 is a weight I have mostly been at, even in high school. I had a short period around my wedding (of course) when I got to a low of ~160 (that included running 6mi/day + weights 4 days/week), that was short lived.

I'm trying to alleviate as many problems a 2nd pregnancy would have on my back now, since I wasn't at a very healthy weight for the first one, I'm hoping that being proactive now to get to a good weight and staying healthy (fingers crossed) during will help with pain management and help curtail any potential problems. I had a contant 'pinch' that I had learned to live with for over a year as my weight was increasing but I've actually felt no pain for weeks now.

I had 'resolved' to lose the weight back in November when we decided to start trying for #2 but I just couldn't do it by myself (in fact I gained more). IP has been amazing and I am so thankful I took the step to talk with my doctor. I'm hoping my age won't be too much of a factor trying for #2 (although I wasn't exactly a spring chicken to begin with having my first), but I have really learned a lot about myself in these 10 short weeks.

Also, as an aside - I am an engineer so I find some of these numbers and WI results just fascinating!
I wish you all the best on baby number 2. kids are absolutly amazing. My baby is 19 so I miss the newborn stage. I hope the weight loss is helping with you back issue. My back sure is feeling better since I lost weight.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #69  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Thanks for sharing Liz. I also had spine problems crop up when I was in mid-30s - L4 & L5 herniated disks. Drs said it probably was caused by some of the tumbles I took skiing, etc. Pain radiating down through left leg, etc... numbness in leg increased and eventually they said I should have surgery or I'd lose most of the nerve sensation down that strip of my left leg and not be able to lift my left foot properly. I'm just mentioning this, because I can totally relate to the pain this type of thing causes. The surgery was helpful but not 100% successful, and I still have to be careful with things.. for that reason from that point forward I've avoided any type of exercise that involves high impact aerobics. I was quite standard weight right through high school, but put some on at university, and that seems to be the start of my gradual weight gain since then. When I hit menopause it just got that much more difficult to keep it under control. I'd diet and cut it back - yo-yo-ing on and off for the last 35 years or so (61 now) - but I never really stabilized or maintained the goal weights that I'd reach through other diet efforts... gradually I'd gain it back - or more. I'm really hoping IP will be 'my last diet' and retrains not only my pancreas but my *mind* into a successful permanent way of eating that keeps me at a healthy weight forever. With, of course, some healthy low impact exercise added for good measure.

Thanks again for sharing. And I wish you the very best in terms of your objective of getting totally healthy for Baby #2.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Thanks for sharing and good luck on baby #2!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #71  

Back from WI (I did it Wednesday last week). Only down 1.8 lbs; so a little teensy disspointed. I did much more excersize than normal and she said my muscle mass and H2O were up so that should be part of the deal...I will take the little and the large. Thanks for the support!!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #72  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I think the mind plays tricks with us. You can't will or wish the weight away. Plus, you can't repeatedly get on the scale till you see the next pound down. Trust me, I have tried. Have you ever noticed that the scale sticks stubbornly when it gets close to the mini-milestones, in particular those decades? From some reason it does not want to move when we go down to the next decade. Especially 150 and 200.
When I weighed in at the IP clinic where I started, I'm pretty sure I was at 209.5. ( only stay with the clinic for that first week, and unfortunately I hadn't asked for a copy of my weigh-in record. WI #1 was -7,1; WI #2 was -3; WI #3 was -1; WI # 4 was -1.2; WI #5 was -1.8... total so far -14.1 lbs. So I've only crossed one 'decade' barrier so far. LOL... I'm aimed now at getting into the 180s. Actually, my goal for Wednesday apart from showing a nice loss is to at least get a total of -15 lbs lost - I want to put back into my signature one of the icons folks here use to show their weight loss in 5 lb increments... I want to be able to put 3 of them in there!!! That will feel like a *win* for me!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Good Afternoon All!
IP is going super well. I am feelin super skinny and am hearing about it! There are hills and valleys on this journey for sure, but just keep on the journey.

Have a great day!
You are looking "super skinny" love the new picture!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #74  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Going to Dr now to find out what is going on with my TOM and why is has lasted 27 days so far................Ultrasound I had was normal and did not explain why I am having such prolonged cycles.

Posted my new picture. My face looks so skinny
Good luck! Private message me and let me know what he says... I'm going on 2 weeks now! And looks like there is no end in site! I'm starting to get concerned. I was assuming that it's the hormone release with the fat.. but come on now. I'm worried it wont end. I couldnt imagine 27 days... let me know
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #75  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
Good Afternoon All!

Have a great day!
Love your new pic Tripmama. And the new hairstyle.
Closed Thread