Old 05-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #76  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I think you and I are opposite. I am fine during the weekends, but during the week I am a mess! I also am losing more on my butt and thighs and nothing really from my belly/arms

Sadly I have to end my relationship with my coach and clinic. It makes me sick because I have spent so much, but I have to, just not in the bank account. I will be starting on alternatives, which scares me, but I will make it!! I am feeling much better than yesterday, where I was so bloated that it hurt and was uncomfortable. I am still bloated, but only about half of what I was.

I have a question for all you alternative peeps. Do you just weigh yourself once a week and measure or do you just weigh?

Hope everyone has a good day today!!
I'm on my 6th week - 5 of them on alternatives. I've just been doing my WIs - I bought an Omron full body composition scale so I could also track what was happening with my body fat % and a few other things that it measures. But when I suddenly became aware this week that I've definitely lost some inches around my middle (pants & a top I hadn't put on in about 3 weeks were obviously much looser around the waist) I decided to start measuring as well. IMO my weight loss is kinda slow - so seeing a loss in inches week by week will be a good motivator.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #77  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthesun View Post
Morning!
I noticed a post yesterday about it being tough to not drink in social situations, especially being young where unfortunately going to dinner/happy hour is what most social activities consist of. I'm definitely not a big drinker, and eliminating alcohol from my diet was by no means a worry of mine when starting IP. However, as a single girl, I am out there and dating and sometimes find it awkward when on a first date to ask for club soda, especially when many times it comes in an obvious child-like soda cup/glass. Unfortunately the visual of alcohol puts both parties on a date at ease a bit....I'm not tempted to drink, but does anyone have advice how to handle this situation so that I wouldn't come off as being 'uptight' on a date?
I don't recall being served a tonic (or soda) and lime in anything but a regular *bar* type glass. I'm not sure what you mean by a child-like soda cup/glass. Maybe ask for a 'tall' glass of soda water with a twist of lime? ... ask for it served over lots of ice - so they have to give you a bigger glass? I believe sometimes bars refer to 'tall' drinks?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #78  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
No above the knee for me either. I have way too much loose skin still on my thighs, so sticking to capri pants for now. I so want to go shopping at some of the better stores I generally shop at, but of course I'm not going to spend those prices on something that isn't going to fit me for very long. Target, Kohls and the outlet stores have worked out great for my constantly changing wardrobe. Thankfully I'm a stay-at-home mom so just some casual capri pants and t-shirts are all I really need for now.

Congrats on the 14's.
I have done well at Penny's and Costco.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #79  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
Here's an IP question: is eating lettuce daily an IP requirement or just a suggestion if more food is wanted/needed to stay OP? My coach says the latter (lettuce is optional) but it seems that many here say the former (lettuce is required). I ask because my Ortho has asked me not to eat any raw veggies which includes lettuce. I'm OK (once the pain eases) with cooking my 4 cups of veggies, but don't want to cook lettuce too.
My coach told me lettuce is not mandatory, just a freebie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Ticker check
Looks good!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #80  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Calm day here at CasaEvepet. Just routine stuff today. I'm currently engrossed in reading Gary Taubes book 'Why We Get Fat - And What To Do About It'... when I get into a good book, it's impossible for me to get side-tracked until it's finished - so a chunk of today will be spent relaxing and reading. LOL.

Hope everybody has a great day - and weekend.
One of my favorite books. I even read it for the second time when I started IP.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 189.8/178/160

Height: 5' 9"

Hey everyone! Just had my second WI on IP! Down 4.6lbs!! For a total of 11.8 in two weeks!! I'm getting pretty hungry today but determined to stay OP 100%...I am so glad I have this chat considering I don't go to a coach! Thanks for the support and good luck on all your WI. Happy LOSING
med22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! You all really made me feel great! My WI made me feel great as well - down 3.7 lbs and 4.75 inches! I hit 20.5 lbs lost today in 5 weeks - best birthday present ever. With the support here and that success, it will be no problem to stay 100% OP for my birthday celebration tonight!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #83  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Can we have Buffalo wing sauce?
CkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
Can we have Buffalo wing sauce?
Doubtful - typically buffalo sauce is made from hot sauce and melted butter.

Having said that, I know that Frank's Hot Sauce is a popular choice in making buffalo sauces (Red Robin used it for the hot sauce portion and a couple other restaurants I frequent say they use it as their hot sauce portion) so you could probably get a similar enough flavor using it alone.

I miss it, buffalo wings are my FAVORITE food.
sneuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 234/209/180

Height: 6'0"

The bright spot in my day has been that I did my own personal weigh-in this morning and am down 3 pounds from last week. Otherwise, the day has royally sucked (happy birthday to me!) and I would really love to bake a chocolate cake and eat the whole stupid thing myself. I won't, but I'd sure like to.
wendyquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquilts View Post
The bright spot in my day has been that I did my own personal weigh-in this morning and am down 3 pounds from last week. Otherwise, the day has royally sucked (happy birthday to me!) and I would really love to bake a chocolate cake and eat the whole stupid thing myself. I won't, but I'd sure like to.
Stick with this wendyquilts ...you have made amazing progress!!!!! I sense a "mood"? I have had a few this week. You CAN do this!!!!!!
NewPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #87  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Don't cave birday girl! You're about halfway there! Try a mug cake or spoil yourself with a present. A massage is a nice treat!o
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hello everybody! I don't think I even posted this morning...I slept late, until 7:30...but after getting up at 4 the day before, I needed it.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here, the rain stopped so I could get back to my exterior painting projects and ...

I just finished painting my carport!!! It was a big project and I'm tired beyond comprehension, but I got it done. There's a barn dance down the road tonight but I think I'm just gonna make my dinner, read a little and fall asleep...

Hope you all had a great day!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #89  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
<--- this is a mug cake. Happy Birthday!
Remember, our bodies store extra estrogen in our fat cells.. and when our fat is being released, some estrogen goes into the blood stream too. Making us moody and 'blue'. To today's 'mood' just shows that things are working, and you're releasing lots of fat! Be happy! Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hello everybody! I don't think I even posted this morning...I slept late, until 7:30...but after getting up at 4 the day before, I needed it.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here, the rain stopped so I could get back to my exterior painting projects and ...

I just finished painting my carport!!! It was a big project and I'm tired beyond comprehension, but I got it done. There's a barn dance down the road tonight but I think I'm just gonna make my dinner, read a little and fall asleep...

Wow - what a productive day. Must feel good though to know you got the job done. Have a good restful evening and night Sewmam.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post

Hi Sewmam, I just want you to know that I think of you everytime I get low and down about my new liftesyle. You have accomplished amazing things, and you continue to accomplish great things...every day!!!!

I am so incredibly inspired! Thank you for checking in! (I am sure it gets old after a while. I can't wait to be successful and help others, as you do.)
Enjoy your reading!
NewPath is offline   Reply With Quote