Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow Wheeler View Post

Last night I got wonderful news. My oldest son (soon to be 21) is making me a Grandma! I am very excited!

Great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Cinco De Mayo Everybody!

I have mega stuff to do today as the wedding shower I am hosting is tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great OP day.

p.s. Happy Birthday LSJ
It sounds like fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Good morning everyone! It sounds like a good start to the weekend for all.

I wish you all wonderful success this weekend and the courage to stay OP!
Love you all!
You will do fine! Just have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Hey all,
I had WI #13 today and expected no loss. Mainly because i've had constipation issues since last Saturday being on phase 2. Anyways I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable! Also, going to start my first workout later. My coach told me to exercise my butt off.

I think I may get my hair done this weekend as a treat
Yipee, well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved. Now to work on the next 10 pounds.
Well off to clean up around here and then to the gym. Have a great day everyone.
Yeah! The scale is moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Calm day here at CasaEvepet. Just routine stuff today. I'm currently engrossed in reading Gary Taubes book 'Why We Get Fat - And What To Do About It'... when I get into a good book, it's impossible for me to get side-tracked until it's finished - so a chunk of today will be spent relaxing and reading. LOL.

Hope everybody has a great day - and weekend.
Sounds relaxing!

I have a lot of work to do in my garden and then the final dance recital! My daughter did a great job last night, it is so much fun to watch!

I hope everyone has a great day.
salmongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #62  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
Thanks for the kind words of support, Dana. It means so much. It amazes me that we put kids through this. I wish my parents had done this for me when I was a kid, but maybe not based on your experience (I'm in my 50's so it would have been the same type as you wore). Ortho is estimating I'll wear them for 18-24 months. Maybe the difficulty in eating while wearing them will help me keep from regaining the weight once I'm in IP maintenance! Got to find a silver lining somewhere, right?

Here's an IP question: is eating lettuce daily an IP requirement or just a suggestion if more food is wanted/needed to stay OP? My coach says the latter (lettuce is optional) but it seems that many here say the former (lettuce is required). I ask because my Ortho has asked me not to eat any raw veggies which includes lettuce. I'm OK (once the pain eases) with cooking my 4 cups of veggies, but don't want to cook lettuce too.
Hi Maggie, glad to hear from you. Hope that things get more comfortable soon. As re the lettuce? It's my understanding eating lettuce every day isn't essential... that it can be eaten if more food is wanted/needed. While I eat a salad frequently, I now don't eat lettuce every day. There does seem to be some differing opinions about this on this board though.. another one of those things where coaches are giving conflicting info. I do recall Wuv posting that she doesn't eat lettuce every day.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #63  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthesun View Post
Morning!
I noticed a post yesterday about it being tough to not drink in social situations, especially being young where unfortunately going to dinner/happy hour is what most social activities consist of. I'm definitely not a big drinker, and eliminating alcohol from my diet was by no means a worry of mine when starting IP. However, as a single girl, I am out there and dating and sometimes find it awkward when on a first date to ask for club soda, especially when many times it comes in an obvious child-like soda cup/glass. Unfortunately the visual of alcohol puts both parties on a date at ease a bit....I'm not tempted to drink, but does anyone have advice how to handle this situation so that I wouldn't come off as being 'uptight' on a date?
You could ask for it in a special glass. Not sure which kind of glasses you like. A frosted mug would be cool. Have fun.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #64  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Just watched a Pringles and then Pizza abut commercial. It made me realize I've had no chips or pizza in over a month. I might leave my acid reflux medicine out of my pill contain this week to see if I still need it.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally posted by sunshineredWhat an incredible diet. Today is day 27 and I am down 21 pounds. What other diet has that kind of results? I had my weigh in yesterday and I lost 6 inches. Someone asked about not losing in the thighs. I have 0 inches lost below the hips. That's all upper body. But who can complain about a 2.5" lost in their waist. Wow!

Loving in this diet. Someone even complimented my skin this week! Hmm...
Incredible job!!! This is a fantastic diet!
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi Maggie, glad to hear from you. Hope that things get more comfortable soon. As re the lettuce? It's my understanding eating lettuce every day isn't essential... that it can be eaten if more food is wanted/needed. While I eat a salad frequently, I now don't eat lettuce every day. There does seem to be some differing opinions about this on this board though.. another one of those things where coaches are giving conflicting info. I do recall Wuv posting that she doesn't eat lettuce every day.
Definitely agree on the differing opinions. Had one coach say that you should have at least a piece or two and another say you needed two cups. Third coach said that the most successful people eat the salad and drink a lot of water. I would think that giving up the lettuce for the week or two that it takes to adjust would not have a dramatic impact (possibly no impact). That said, I did see a recipe on these little Artisan Romaine heads from Costco that suggested splitting them down the middle and grilling them. I also thought I had read somewhere on this board where lettuce added to a stir fry.

Good luck with the adult orthodontia adventure. Should add a new dimension to maintenance. Looks like you will hit that goal with or without the lettuce!
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin

Happy Saturday everyone! Well it's unofficial till WI on Wednesday, but I finally hit the 170's this morning. I thought I would have been there a couple of weeks ago, but the scale decided to stall for those two weeks. Thanks to some tweaking with my foods it finally moved. Now to work on the next 10 pounds.
Well off to clean up around here and then to the gym. Have a great day everyone.
What a fantastic feeling this must be!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to get there, too.
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Good morning everyone!!

Today is day 6 of being back OP 100% and I've already managed to lose 10lbs! I'm back down to what I was when I stopped doing the program so I am very happy with that. I just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone! And Happy Birthday to LSJ100!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
justme685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #69  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Very excited to see 211 on the scale this morning. Still 2-3 days from the day I'll have as my official week 1 weigh in, but I'm at a solid 5 lb loss since Monday. So far so good!
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
It's not here : (
You need to add it to your signature in your profile.
justme685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #71  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post

As for me, I'm 30 today!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbirr View Post
Does anyone have tips for staying OP and not being tempted on the weekends? I do fine during the week b/c I am so busy with work that I never think about food. On the weekends, it is tougher...I have my two little boys to cook for and no real schedule.

One other question (I am full of them today)...I have lost 17 lbs so far but haven't really lost any notable inches of my thighs. My waist and thorax (sp????) are down several inches but my thighs won't budge. Does anyone have any exercise tips that might help?
I think you and I are opposite. I am fine during the weekends, but during the week I am a mess! I also am losing more on my butt and thighs and nothing really from my belly/arms

Sadly I have to end my relationship with my coach and clinic. It makes me sick because I have spent so much, but I have to, just not in the bank account. I will be starting on alternatives, which scares me, but I will make it!! I am feeling much better than yesterday, where I was so bloated that it hurt and was uncomfortable. I am still bloated, but only about half of what I was.

I have a question for all you alternative peeps. Do you just weigh yourself once a week and measure or do you just weigh?

Hope everyone has a good day today!!
kmc1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #72  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I think I may get my hair done this weekend as a treat
What an incredible feeling! Congratulations! Yes, do something good for yourself today, to reward your accomplishment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I finally hit the 170's this morning.
Wow! Congratulations Dana! I can't wait to get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
I have now survived my first 42 hours of wearing braces. These things are like mideveal instruments of torture!
Sorry the braces are so uncomfortable , but you will be SO glad you did it! I 'bit the bullet' a couple of years ago and used a zero interest credit card (it was expensive - but I looked at it as an investment - kind of like IP!), and got Invisalign braces. It's something I've wanted for so long. I've always been self-conscious of my teeth. It's completely transformed my smile and I no longer feel self-conscious - instead I am proud of my smile for the first time! With that and finally getting to a healthy weight with IP - nothing will stop me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthesun View Post
I'm not tempted to drink, but does anyone have advice how to handle this situation so that I wouldn't come off as being 'uptight' on a date?
If these are just casual dates (ie not someone you're serious with), tell them a 'little white lie' and say you are on medication so temporarily can't have alcohol. If it is someone you start dating more seriously and can't or don't want to continue to use that 'excuse' maybe it would be at a point that you would feel comfortable sharing the 'real' reason. And just ask the waiter to serve your beverage in a glass of your choice - ie a 'highball' glass or large wine glass......

Last edited by 3sisters; 05-05-2012 at 02:18 PM.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #73  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Worked really hard for 3 hrs straight this morning, weeding in the garden. Midway through I started feeling shaky and like I was going to faint. Had my IP chocolate drink and a bottle of water and that took care of it. Bad thing is that I started early this morning, so had breakfast at 0700 (IP cereal), and ended up having the IP drink around 9:30. So, have already had 2 of my IP products and it's only very early afternoon! I'll fill up on some veggies and salad and hopefully that will tide me over til dinnertime and I can have my 3rd IP for a bedtime snack. Don't want to add a 4th if I can help it.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #74  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hey all,
I had WI #13 today and expected no loss. Mainly because i've had constipation issues since last Saturday being on phase 2. Anyways I got on that scale and seen 120.0!!! Lost 1.8! WOO HOO!!! I MADE GOAL!! I planned on going to phase 3 anyways today but it made that big breakfast even more enjoyable! Also, going to start my first workout later. My coach told me to exercise my butt off.

I think I may get my hair done this weekend as a treat
CONGRATS!!! that's awesome
northernfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Ticker check
NewPath is offline   Reply With Quote