Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 5/4/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-04-2012, 01:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189.8/178/160

Height: 5' 9"

Hello Everyone! I am excited for another new day! Once again I am new to this and I am looking forward to all the great support and advice! My second WI is tomorrow and I am hoping for good results! I am happy to say I am OP 100% and have not even been close to cheating. The mango drinks really help me! I usually have one for breakfast unless I have oatmeal and one for my snack. Pretty tasty! Looking forward to a nice grilled chicken salad for dinner! I hope everyone has a great day and have successful WI!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #3  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Good Day all. Thrilled with my first WI and looking forward to the next week. Loving all the tips, advice and recipes on the site here. As a man, I didnt really do a lot of 'cooking' just a lot of eating and as the only person in the family doing the diet, I am now cooking. Takes a lot more work and preparation that a good ole box of KD and a hot dog LOL. You women that do the cooking deserve more credit than we give you (at least in my case).

Only been on the site for a few days, but am amazed to see the varied information between coaches, centers, and countries. You would think a company as large as IP would be able to get their chit together in a much more organized fashion...For me this is the ONLY negative I have seen, so I guess I can live with that.

Again, to all of you posting the great recipes, it is very appreciated!
Old 05-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
Good Day all. Thrilled with my first WI and looking forward to the next week. Loving all the tips, advice and recipes on the site here. As a man, I didnt really do a lot of 'cooking' just a lot of eating and as the only person in the family doing the diet, I am now cooking. Takes a lot more work and preparation that a good ole box of KD and a hot dog LOL. You women that do the cooking deserve more credit than we give you (at least in my case).

Only been on the site for a few days, but am amazed to see the varied information between coaches, centers, and countries. You would think a company as large as IP would be able to get their chit together in a much more organized fashion...For me this is the ONLY negative I have seen, so I guess I can live with that.

Again, to all of you posting the great recipes, it is very appreciated!

Glad to have you join us here. You will find lots of delicious and easy recipes to try and you will find everyone extra helpful. We're all one big happy family.

My DH and I just arrived at the motel. We are about a 1/3 of the way on our trip up to our lake cottage in Michigan. Not usually ever online this late. I only was able to read 3 pages of yesterday's daily chat. I have withdrawls if I don't get to read every post.

About 11-12 hours on the road tomorrow. Probably a protein bar, a subway salad, a couple RTDs, and who knows what for dinner (depends on how late we get in).

I'll have lots of catching up to do when we get up there and settled in.

Everyone have a great OP Friday.
Molly
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #5  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by med22 View Post
Hello Everyone! I am excited for another new day! Once again I am new to this and I am looking forward to all the great support and advice! My second WI is tomorrow and I am hoping for good results! I am happy to say I am OP 100% and have not even been close to cheating. The mango drinks really help me! I usually have one for breakfast unless I have oatmeal and one for my snack. Pretty tasty! Looking forward to a nice grilled chicken salad for dinner! I hope everyone has a great day and have successful WI!

Good luck on your WI. When you're starting they can be stressful. Waiting and wondering. You'll do just great since you've been 100% OP. The diet is so great, it's easy not to even come close to cheating.

Have a great day.
Molly
Old 05-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #6  

Well, here I go. A three day trip tp Space Camp in Alabama (yes, the one that was shot at yesterday) with 300 5th graders. The shakes and snacks are packed. We shall see if I can stay on program with the cafeteria food provided or if I have to sneak away to Walmart
Have a great OP day
Old 05-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #7  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Good morning - My first week OP is almost over, I have my first WI tomorrow and I can't wait to have the result. I've had headaches the first two days but all in order now, I adjusted salt and water intake and it seemed to have helped. Very happy to have found this community. Wow for all the tips and motivation and support. Thank you!

The only thing that is hard for me right now is I love to cook and bake ( I have a food blog...) and I do almost everything home-made...so baking muffins for my 10 year old last night was not so easy but I achieved it!! And I am so proud I did. That was my biggest fear. I want to continue baking without tasting ;-) And for the food blog, I have started to adapt my recipes to be IP proofed.

Well...I hope you have a great day and thanks again for being there ;-)
Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #8  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Friday Everybody

Congrats on all the great losses & NSV's yesterday. there were so many posts that it ws hard to reply to everyone. I found it very overwhelming.
( My brain get overwhelmed easy these days). I hope everyone has a great day and stays on plan.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. As a newbie I appreciate all of the information and support. I am so glad that I found this site - when it gets a little rough I simply read thru the posts. I am continually amazed at the progress folks have made and their honest assessment of the journey -- I know that if others can do it -- so can I.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! It's still dark out here but the birds are chirping away, so I know it's morning!

Worked hard in my basement yesterday, made some progress. Today my friends come to help carry some shelving and heavy stuff up for the garage sale next weekend. Funny, I bought some snacks for them that consisted of SunChips and Marzetti's low-fat dip, fruit, lemonade. Later I asked my friend what her husband would like, thinking he'd have his usual cup of good coffee, and she joked that a Guinness wouldn't go amiss. I didn't even think of that! I'm so out of touch with the real world of food.

Have been so tired by evening that I can't keep up with all these posts, but I sure do wish you all well, welcome and good luck!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/168/150

Happy Friday everyone!! Since I started my weight loss journey in January, I have found myself in many challenging social 'eating' situations. This evening is no different. We have plans to go to a MLB game with box seats. Always a fun time. However, pizza, hot dogs, chips and peanuts may not be a great choice for dinner!!! So.... please will power stick with me throughout this evening!! I will have my chocolate soy puffs and MIO in hand to get me through!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic OP weekend!!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #12  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Friday everyone! Here's to everyone being OP today. For those that WI today, good luck. Without the support of this forum, I would feel kinda lost doing the protocol, thanks everyone!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Good morning everyone!! It's Friday!!

I am off to the dog show. We are showing our young German Shepherd that my friend and I bred. Another friend is handling her for us. The handler is also my fellow IPer who got me started on this journey. We have trained a lot of dogs and now lost a lot of weight together!

It is so great to see the new people joining the board. This has been a great place for me.

My dog and IP friend just got back from our IP clinic. It was a 24 hour drive! Normally, I get my packets shipped. She brought me back some RTDs as there was no mailing to be done. Looking forward to trying them.

Now it is time to get the rest of the dogs situated and then off to the show!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #14  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Day 4 and I woke up feeling a little run down. Just shaky and week feeling. Oh well, that's life I guess. I have my first WI tomorrow and I'm excited to see the results! I decided to start on May 1, but my WIs are on Saturdays, so this won't be a full week, but it'll be nice to see where I am this early in the game. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #15  
Started IP April 27, 2012

S/C/G: 146/146/130

Height: 5'3

Happy Friday everyone! Had WI #1 last night and am down 5.2 lbs! Woot woot!! DH was 11.8 lbs down so all in all it has been a fabulous week (minus the occasional desire to kill someone!).

Have a great weekend and remember...it's never worth it to cheat even a little bit on IP no matter what you have going on! If you can make it through a party or a big event then you will be that much closer to your goal - a NEW YOU!!
Closed Thread