Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #61  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all,

Just on the journey of losing weight for the last time. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #62  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family!

I woke up with blood in my urine this morning. I'm pretty scared. (I'm notoriously a big wimp with anything medical.) Will call my doctor at 9:00 and hope to be seen today. A quick google search shows a higher incidence of UTI or kidney infections with high protein diets. Believe it or not, my biggest concern is that the doctor may tell me to stop IP cold turkey! I really, really don't want to stop in a manner that will make me gain back everything I've lost! I'm hoping that, if anything, they let me phase off properly. I know, I know.... I'm probably worrying about the wrong thing..... or even worrying needlessly. I'm just a mess this morning, almost on the verge of panic.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Don't panic! I always have blood in my urine when I get a UTI, which thankfully isn't too often. In the meantime take deep breaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I got on the scale today and....150's!! 158.4 so happy to hit this. I know every loss is important, but this seems a big psychological point to me.
Congrats!!! I'm trying to get into the 170's, so I know the importance of crossing over to a new decade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atho128 View Post
Just had my WI and I'm down 7.6 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never lost that much weight in one week in my entire life!! SO HAPPY!!
Fantastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just had weigh in #6. Had to use a different scale. Down 5.2#'s and another scale victory is it was the normal scale not the big boy/girl scale. I've been over weight limit on it for a long time. My scale in my BDay suit at home read 410 so that's good to know.

Have a good day!
Great weight loss!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
Good morning, fellow IPers! I am very anxious today because I am getting braces installed on my teeth today. The ortho has warned me that my mouth/teeth will be very sore for 2-3 weeks and so I will only be able to eat soft foods (no biting/chewing). As a result of this, my coach is delaying moving me to Phase 2 so I can continue on more shake, pudding and soup packets. But I don't know how I can stay OP for my evening protein meal. I'm OK mincing my veggies and adding to IP soups for lunch, but how to eat meat without chewing? Can anyone provide me with suggestions? I may just have to replace the dinner protein with a 4th packet.

Oh one other interesting tidbit--my doc said for me to take up to 3 ibuprofens regularly to help with the pain. Turns out that in reading labels, Advil has sucrose in it! Who knew? I bought Motrin instead because it seems to be sugar-free.
Your teeth will be sore for a few days, and until you can bite down on more things I would just have a packet for dinner and not worry about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 View Post
Good morning ladies! This is my first post here and I'm really excited I found this site. I just had my 5th weigh in yesterday and the scale didn't move one bit

I lost about an inch (which is good ) but I'm a little down in the dumps. Is it normal to go a week without any loss? My weight loss has been as follows:

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

There was absolutely no cheating either.... I'm bumming a little but I'm not discouraged ---- yet.
Your body is just adjusting to your great weight losses. I bet next week you will be a happy camper on the scale again.

I hope everyone is having a good Thursday so far. Just the regular mom stuff around here today. I homeschool my youngest (14 years old), and we are just trying to wrap up some school stuff before calling it quits for the school year. I know both of us are more than ready for a summer break. Today he is also going rock climbing for his outdoor P.E. class. I remember P.E. in high school as wearing this silly looking uniform and just running around a field. He gets to mountain bike, rock climb, paddle board and kayaking. The beauty of homeschooling!

Happy OP Thursday everyone!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #63  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Good morning everyone! Up and enjoying my coffee before I start working.

I just have to share my great dinner last night! I finally had the nerve to try the rutabaga I purchased (never had one before), so I decided to experiment before throwing it out. I cut it into thin strips about half the size of fries and threw them into a pan with a little olive oil. After they softened I added 8 oz. very lean ground beef to the same pan and began browning the beef. I added onion powder, garlic powder, and some Tony Chachere's.

It was soooo yummy! It kinda-sorta had a hash consistency. I can imagine this would be very versitile, epecially using different spices each time. I think the next time I make it, I will use curry powder!

Have a great OP day!
Yum. Sounds fabulous!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #64  
kle

S/C/G: 190/185/125

Height: 5'2"

I have to start this morning off by thank all of u for the support on here and who took the time to respond to me and give me their input. It is very appreciated and your words go a long ways! I, today am going to try 4 proteins (packs) and see if that helps me. I slept good lastnight and woke up very optimistic. Everybody have a great day!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
You can do a liquid egg white omelet, or even add the liquid egg whites to your IP omelet if you have one. Aim for around 30-40g of protein. My coach said a packet or two is fine to sub the evening meat. Good Luck!
Egg white omelet--I have never thought about that in my 50+ years! Thanks for cluing me in. I don't have any IP omelet packets, but don't mind trying to make an egg white omelet from scratch--adding in lots of minced veggies.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Smooshy proteins that are manageable would be your fishes (may get caught in braces, use the brush guy to get out from the metal), tuna is great for this, also boiled eggs, tofu (i think that counts as protein?) and shredded anything, shredded chicken etc. is great.

Something that I did while on braces was clench my teeth for a second, and then let them up and the pressure relieved all the pain for a little bit. Best wishes to you for the braces, I had mine for 18 months and wouldn't want to go back!
Thanks so much for the tips, Kaypix. I have bought some tilapia and grouper filets, thinking that fish is my best bet. My coach won't let me eat tuna or salmon, if it is the kind that's cannedpackaged, even in water (she says it is processed and thus not allowed). I'll try and see if my local market carries or will make shredded chicken for me--going there in a few minutes! I've been using the "teeth clenching" thing while I've had the spacers in. So good to know that will work with the actual braces too! I know the next 18-24 months will be brutal, but I will be happy with the results in the end--kind of like IP: have to focus on the end result that makes it worth the suffering!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #67  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Well I'm at work for the day, taking a break and sipping some water. 32 oz down so far today and it's feeling like it's not going to be slowing down much...high of 83 degrees here and I'm still going on my walk at lunch, dangit. I'll eat my lunch, or drink it rather, prior to leaving for my walk, and will hit the veggies when I get back. Still feel really dehydrated, using lotion on my hands and arms like it's going out of style, but at least the hot flashes went away...I'm 27, I shouldn't be having hot flashes...could it be hormones getting released into my blood stream?

Anyways, I hope ya'll have a great day, will respond to posts during my lunch break, peace out!

~Kara
Old 05-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Fish is great because it is soft. Also it would be good to invest in a water pik to floss in between the braces and such. My daughter has one and it helps her a great deal!
Thanks, sanaroph, for the tips. I bought a waterpick ultra cordless just last week! I'm not very good with it yet, but practice will make perfect. I'm glad to learn that it really helps-that provides extra incentive for me to use it. I think that I am going to finally learn how to cook fish now given how many have suggested it as a best bet for me!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

On my first day at the clinic, i originally bought myself a IP Shaker, but don't care for it, its really hard to snap down the little lid thats on the very top, maybe mine is a faulty one. So I bought myself two Tupperware shakers and prefer them much better, they are so much easier to use, easier to read the measurement and easy to clean.

Have a great day!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Maggie,
You may find that it won't be as uncomfortable for as long as your ortho is stating either. As with IP, everyone is different in their discomfort level when they get braces on. Just be sure to take the ibuprofen REGULARLY for the first few days and then see how it is. I hope you are pleasantly surprised!
As for your protein, what about a roast chicken? They are usually pretty soft and you can cut them up into small pieces to put in your mouth (actually on your chewing surface) instead of letting it get caught up in the brackets and wires too much (can you tell I have worked in this field in the past?). You could also add a bit of WF any flavor mayo to make a soft chicken salad with some other soft steamed veggies in there to help. Usually we would say potatos, jello to patients so this takes some creative thinking for protein! The white omelet I thought of but was already mentioned. If you like fish that is a pretty soft alternative. I think there are recipes out there for salmon patties or you can also mix up some tuna like the chicken salad. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
doublebaby, thanks so much for all the words of encouragement and advice. Do you think a roast chicken bought from the store already cooked is OK? If I remove the skin, does that mitigate any risk they've used butter and any other Non-OP things in prepapring it? I have never roasted a chicken myself. i stocked up this week on IP Potatoe Puree and Raspberry Jello--already have a bunch of jello servings in the fridge waiting for me. I do so hope you're right and the pain isn't as bad or as long as ortho has suggested. I have bought 2 LARGE bottles of Motrin and know from when I had the shingles to take painkillers regularly and stay ahead of the pain. I'll keep you posted as I feel good enough to post. Just 2 more hours left until the big event. . .
Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Your body is shifting. I felt that way one week and I lost weight! The scale at my center and home is different so it is hard for me to really gauge a change.

btw I wear the same clothes for weigh in so I can consistently see how much weight I have lost. crazy but true
Thanks Sanaroph, I think Im just going through the motions. I really want to see my WI today. Maybe it will get me out the funk Im in. Usually on diets I always do well with loss the first wk then nothing. So its discouraging. Im really going to try to stick in there and get it done. I have on the same thing I had on last wk WI.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #72  
Nervous Newbie

S/C/G: 160.2/152.7/140

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Ladies!!! My pants fit today! Woohoo! Granted they aren't my goal pants but no muffin top in these pants today and I'm only on day 6! I have to say the first 5 days were horrible. I feel good right now so i'm hoping for a feel good afternoon. That's when the symptoms have been hitting me. I go for my first WI today! Can't wait to change my current wait! One of life's simple pleasures at the moment
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #73  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
doublebaby, thanks so much for all the words of encouragement and advice. Do you think a roast chicken bought from the store already cooked is OK? If I remove the skin, does that mitigate any risk they've used butter and any other Non-OP things in prepapring it? I have never roasted a chicken myself. i stocked up this week on IP Potatoe Puree and Raspberry Jello--already have a bunch of jello servings in the fridge waiting for me. I do so hope you're right and the pain isn't as bad or as long as ortho has suggested. I have bought 2 LARGE bottles of Motrin and know from when I had the shingles to take painkillers regularly and stay ahead of the pain. I'll keep you posted as I feel good enough to post. Just 2 more hours left until the big event. . .
Yes, (going by my coach). If I am away, visiting someone who I know is making a carb meal or I'm in a hurry for dinner that night I will pick up a roast chicken for my protein. I just remove the skin and keep to the breast area. I get the basic one meaning the non flavored ones that sometimes they have. Just plain roasted. I have never had a problem with it in regards to my weight loss. To be honest I guess I have never looked at the ingredients. My coach suggested it as an option when we were talking about quick things. I'm sure making one can't be that hard either Sounds like you are all set. Taking your Motrin now wouldn't be a bad idea either (just my opinion).
Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Hi All, Hate to be on a down note but I have been struggling for this past week. Don't know if I should stop the program. I am having severe issues with the "Big C", and I am miserable. I have had to take citrate magnesium last week and this week I took ducolax. The clinic I go to recommended lower bowel cleanse, but that did not work at all. I have had by gallbladder out for almost 30 years, and the pain is feeling almost like an attack. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #75  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Only day 3, but I'm down on my scale to 212.5, a number I haven't seen for a month or so. All my weigh ins will be on my scale as I am going rogue without a clinic, so it's encouraging to already see 3 lbs. I just feel a lot more dedicated to this plan than retrying Atkins the last few years. Plus it's great seeing all the losses from the posters here. Helps me keep in perspective and keep my eyes on the prize.

Last night for dinner I tried the ratatouille recipe from the recipes thread. I forgot to get eggplant and ended up subbing cabbage, extra zucchini, and extra mushrooms, but it was super good. I still have half the recipe to heat up and eat at lunch today.

Does anyone find that they are really gassy initially? Last two nights were pretty bad. Just wondering if my body will adjust or if I'll just be a wandering gas cloud when it gets to bedtime.

Last edited by ferrousgal; 05-03-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Closed Thread