Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
The 150s, congratulations! I can't WAIT until I am there too!
You'll be there so soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
I can't wait to see the 170's again, let alone the 150's! Seems like a far-off dream, but if you can do it, so can I! Thanks for fueling my motivation!
You bet you can do it !!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 AM   #32  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Well I am proud to say i survived day 1 OP 100%. Was not sure if I could do it but I did. Yeah!!! One day closer to WI #1.

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Keep up the great work!
YAY!! Staying on plan this first week has been challenging for me. Other than a stick of gum I have not strayed. The end result keeps me motivated!! This board does wonders, so use it all the time! Good Luck!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #33  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I hope this turns out to be a minor thing! Gad you are going in to find out what is going on.

I got on the scale today and....150's!! 158.4 so happy to hit this. I know every loss is important, but this seems a big psychological point to me.
What a great accomplishment! I cannot wait to get into the 150's. In my previous diets I always plateaued right aroun 165! I share your same excitement towards this goal!!Keep up the good work!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning, fellow IPers! I am very anxious today because I am getting braces installed on my teeth today. The ortho has warned me that my mouth/teeth will be very sore for 2-3 weeks and so I will only be able to eat soft foods (no biting/chewing). As a result of this, my coach is delaying moving me to Phase 2 so I can continue on more shake, pudding and soup packets. But I don't know how I can stay OP for my evening protein meal. I'm OK mincing my veggies and adding to IP soups for lunch, but how to eat meat without chewing? Can anyone provide me with suggestions? I may just have to replace the dinner protein with a 4th packet.

Oh one other interesting tidbit--my doc said for me to take up to 3 ibuprofens regularly to help with the pain. Turns out that in reading labels, Advil has sucrose in it! Who knew? I bought Motrin instead because it seems to be sugar-free.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Had my WI last night 1 lb. gone. I was a little bummed at just 1 lb. but after losing 14lbs. in 10 days I guess I should have expected a small loss. But hey, it is still a loss, I am going to own that, a loss is a loss now matter how big or small. The first thing I thought of was 1 lb. ugh! maybe I should of had some of the pizza, donuts, cake or cookies that were floating around the office this past week, but then I quickly snapped out of it as I might not of even lost the 1 lb. if I had of induldged. So I'm good today on track and determined to stay 100% OP and maybe next week I will get a visit from the swoosh fairy. I wish everyone a great OP day, stay grounded and enjoy this beautiful day.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #36  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
I can't wait to see the 170's again, let alone the 150's! Seems like a far-off dream, but if you can do it, so can I! Thanks for fueling my motivation!
your weight loss is amazing! i have not been able to lose more than 5#. good job!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #37  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm back, because I forgot to ask these earlier this morning (had my coffee, so now I am thinking more clearly.). First, the only WF barbecue sauce I have seen in my stores is the regular. Everyone seems to prefer the Thick and Spicy. Are any of you finding Thick and Spicy on the shelf? Or are you having to order it online?

Second, I bought Splenda sweetened bread and butter pickles yesterday, made by Mt. Olive. For you pickle eaters, are you counting these towards your 4 cups of veggies?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #38  
IP start 3/18/12

S/C/G: 224.9/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning! Had my WI yesterday after a rough week of not being op. However, i did manage to lose 2 lbs and 2 in off my waist. I am happy that i didnt do damage but if this was me cheating imagine the results if i had stayed op?! I am hoping to hit ONEderland this month.

How much water do i need for the wildberry yogurt? have a great day ladies!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
Good morning, fellow IPers! I am very anxious today because I am getting braces installed on my teeth today. The ortho has warned me that my mouth/teeth will be very sore for 2-3 weeks and so I will only be able to eat soft foods (no biting/chewing). As a result of this, my coach is delaying moving me to Phase 2 so I can continue on more shake, pudding and soup packets. But I don't know how I can stay OP for my evening protein meal. I'm OK mincing my veggies and adding to IP soups for lunch, but how to eat meat without chewing? Can anyone provide me with suggestions? I may just have to replace the dinner protein with a 4th packet.

Oh one other interesting tidbit--my doc said for me to take up to 3 ibuprofens regularly to help with the pain. Turns out that in reading labels, Advil has sucrose in it! Who knew? I bought Motrin instead because it seems to be sugar-free.
My coach actually told me last night at my WI that I could substitute 2 or 3 boiled eggs for my evening protien instead of fish, chicken etc. so that could be something you could eat easily and then just steam veggies so they are soft. Good luck with the braces, my 2 daughters got braces but they still could eat everything just a little tender. I hope this helps.

Last edited by rvingprincess; 05-03-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I'm back, because I forgot to ask these earlier this morning (had my coffee, so now I am thinking more clearly.). First, the only WF barbecue sauce I have seen in my stores is the regular. Everyone seems to prefer the Thick and Spicy. Are any of you finding Thick and Spicy on the shelf? Or are you having to order it online?

Second, I bought Splenda sweetened bread and butter pickles yesterday, made by Mt. Olive. For you pickle eaters, are you counting these towards your 4 cups of veggies?

Thanks in advance!
I like the regular and the honey. They are all good!

If I eat a dill pickle or 2 I don't count it...but maybe sweetened pickles are different.

Off to have my usual shake and then to the gym. It is a sunny day in Alberta! Maybe spring is here to stay!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 195.0/172.8/150

Default Kind of a Newbie...

Good morning ladies! This is my first post here and I'm really excited I found this site. I just had my 5th weigh in yesterday and the scale didn't move one bit

I lost about an inch (which is good ) but I'm a little down in the dumps. Is it normal to go a week without any loss? My weight loss has been as follows:

w1= -7
w2= -3.1
w3= -3.2
w4= -4.1
w5= -0

There was absolutely no cheating either.... I'm bumming a little but I'm not discouraged ---- yet.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin

Good morning IP family!

I woke up with blood in my urine this morning. I'm pretty scared. (I'm notoriously a big wimp with anything medical.) Will call my doctor at 9:00 and hope to be seen today. A quick google search shows a higher incidence of UTI or kidney infections with high protein diets. Believe it or not, my biggest concern is that the doctor may tell me to stop IP cold turkey! I really, really don't want to stop in a manner that will make me gain back everything I've lost! I'm hoping that, if anything, they let me phase off properly. I know, I know.... I'm probably worrying about the wrong thing..... or even worrying needlessly. I'm just a mess this morning, almost on the verge of panic.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Good luck you are in my prayers. I have bllod in urine from urinary tract infections, maybe it is only this??? Please keep us posted. Hugs!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #43  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family!

I woke up with blood in my urine this morning. I'm pretty scared. (I'm notoriously a big wimp with anything medical.) Will call my doctor at 9:00 and hope to be seen today. A quick google search shows a higher incidence of UTI or kidney infections with high protein diets. Believe it or not, my biggest concern is that the doctor may tell me to stop IP cold turkey! I really, really don't want to stop in a manner that will make me gain back everything I've lost! I'm hoping that, if anything, they let me phase off properly. I know, I know.... I'm probably worrying about the wrong thing..... or even worrying needlessly. I'm just a mess this morning, almost on the verge of panic.

Wishing everyone a great day.
I understand feeling panicky, but try not to stress too much until you know what's happening. It's quite probable to be something quite minor. Good thing you're able to get to your Dr this quickly so you can get to the bottom of it and ease your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good morning All.

Today is WI#2 and Im not feeling the excitement this week. My "moody" mind is saying that I wont lose. Man these mood swings suck lol. This is too much but regardless of what the mood is right now I will continue to be OP 100%. Im going to fight the mood and the weight. Have a good day.
Hang in there Prettyone. Remember those bad moods mean things are working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I got on the scale today and....150's!! 158.4 so happy to hit this. I know every loss is important, but this seems a big psychological point to me.
Fantastic!! And I totally understand your feelings. I'll be dancing around my livingroom on the day I get down into the 150's. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atho128 View Post
Just had my WI and I'm down 7.6 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never lost that much weight in one week in my entire life!! SO HAPPY!!
Super - great WI. You're on your way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just had weigh in #6. Had to use a different scale. Down 5.2#'s and another scale victory is it was the normal scale not the big boy/girl scale. I've been over weight limit on it for a long time. My scale in my BDay suit at home read 410 so that's good to know.
Have a good day!
That is great usmcvet. Great weight loss... and it must have felt so good to get weighted on the normal scale. You are doing so well. I'm proud of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post

You could substitute eggs for a couple of evening meals - they'd be softer to chew, etc. I believe we're allowed 4 per week. That might help at least for the first two evenings after you get the braces in. And perhaps steam and blend the veggies for a day or two and turn them into a soup? I found a tetra packed beef broth in a local supermarket that is 0 fat/0carbs/0sugars... it does have 5 cals per 2/3 cup though, so it's not strictly 100% OP. To be honest I haven't used it yet because of that, but it's the closest I've ever found to the 000 requirement so I picked up a container 'just in case' ... I'd be awfully tempted to use it in your situation, as a base for a soup for a couple of days. Not something I'd want to do frequently, but it might serve your purpose for a day or two. Or another thought that is totally 100% OP.... blend cucumber, with a smaller amount of celery, a couple of cloves of garlic, and a tbsp or so of WF mayo and lemon juice. You end up with something along the lines of tzatiki. I've made that before and really liked it. (I have WF honey mayo but any plan-appropriate mayo would be ok) While it's a slightly different flavor combination with scrambled eggs, it would definitely jazz them up.

Or how about just making your veggies into 'green smoothies' for a few days? They're surprisingly good. If you google you'll find lots of recipes, but basically you blend spinach, celery, cucumber, parsley, etc., with some water in your blender.

And I also found the last part of your post interesting about the sucrose in Advil - just shows how careful we have to be about checking labels! thanks for the warning.

Last edited by evepet; 05-03-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 152/112/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvingprincess View Post
My coach actually told me last night at my WI that I could substitute 2 or 3 boiled eggs for my evening protien instead of fish, chicken etc. so that could be something you could eat easily and then just steam veggies so they are soft. Good luck with the braces, my 2 daughters got braces but they still could eat everything just a little tender. I hope this helps.
Thanks so much for the response, rvingprincess. Unfortunately, I am allergic to eggs (egg yolks seem to be the problem, egg whites seem to be OK), so I don't know that this solution will work for me. i really appreciate the words of support as I am very scared about the pain.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Well if I would read better; I see you are concerned about UTI, sorry. Hopefully you don't have to quit IP. :-(
Closed Thread