Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I hope this turns out to be a minor thing! Gad you are going in to find out what is going on.

I got on the scale today and....150's!! 158.4 so happy to hit this. I know every loss is important, but this seems a big psychological point to me.
Congrats Samba! We all have those special milestones!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #182  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Not sure if anyone answered this , it was quite far back in the posts.
Just wanted to say many people are not using IP products and are going fine. There are threads about alternative products.

Pat
Thanks Pat, and no I hadn't had anyone answer yet, just wanted to make sure I wasn't screwing up a good thing. I've added a light walk to my daily routine now, just 20 minutes around the neighborhood outside where I work during my lunch break, hoping that'll help maintain my loss #'s and also tone up my bum and legs.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
So frustrated right now. I feel like I am all over the place. I have a good coach, but she is odd to talk to, can't explain it. She told me I only lost 2 lbs this last week because I had the big "c" well that night I had the big "d" so bad that I was in the bathroom 5 times with just water pouring out. 1 time before that with it normal and then again a normal one the next morning. Here it is 2 days later and no budge on the scale. So it isn't the big c. I follow everything to a t so I don't know why I still haven't seen results. I still am hungry all the time, even after adding a few salads, two eggs and sometimes an extra packet. Then I get upset over what I can eat and what others are told. I have been having red pepper a few times a week and then told no, can't do that. Same thing with cabbage. Had that twice, but now told nope, you suck. AGH!!

I feel so bad, I had to leave work early because we had a baby shower and I just couldn't be in there. It is going to be hard these next 3 weeks. I have two teacher appreciation lunches, four dinners, a carnival tomorrow and a parents breakfast. If my WI goes good this week and it budges then it will help me stay focused and on track. On top of all that I will be hosting two get togethers because my BIL is coming in from Japan. Oh me, oh my!

WOW, I didn't realize I was being so negative. I am usually always a happy person and lately no one wants to be my friend and now I can see why! Sorry. I will try to put myself in a better mood and be more positive!! is that better??!!!!!!!!!!!

After many years in education I have found out that school staff rooms are awash in processed carbs. It is a never ending cycle of gazillion things to celebrate.

Add to that we are so incredibly busy during the time that the kids are there and we are multitasking at such a high level it often is not even registering on us what we are actually eating.

I started to wonder why all teachers (and other staff) are not massively overweight instead of just many of us. I started paying more attention to what and how people at work were eating.

It seems that some lucky people have great metabolisms; many people are far more physically active than I am and some people are very selective about what they choose to eat.

I finally realized that I had to be a member of that third group. I decided that what ever was being celebrated or appreciated could be done without food. I learned to totally block out whatever food was being brought in. I planned my own food and brought it with me. If it is potluck I always bring a big salad.

Anyway I have gotten to the point that I don't even notice all the goodies in the staff room anymore. I have coffee and chat with everyone and people don't even notice I am not eating the stuff that was supplied, That is because there are many other people who have always done that.

Sounds tough but over the years it is unbelievable how much bad for you food comes your way. This is not an IP matter but a long time of bad choices I wish I had learned to overcome earlier in my life.

But you really do need to get the digestive issues under control if you can figure out what balances out for you between the Big C and the other extreme.
It is very tough to stay on track with that going on.

Good luck!

Pat
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #184  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Another WI, another pound gone. Not a spectacular loss, but I'll take it after the 6.6 last week. It always somehow evens out... Hope the whoosh fairy will come back next week.

Took a pic of myself tonight - that was about time. Will keep updating as pounds come off.

Have a great night and a wonderful IP day tomorrow!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 187/178/130

Height: 5'3

Default What would you do? Need advice suggestions...

Prior to starting the IP diet, I had visited a local doctor and she stated the start up fee was $250. After researching the effectiveness of this diet, I decided to go for it. So I joined up and its been about $90 dollars per week. I have lost a total of 12lbs in three weeks. So this week, I decided to see who else has the IP diet. I called around and one facility was charging $150 start up fee and then $90 per week. Oh and the food was about the same price everywhere. Since I already paid the $250 I don't think it would make sense to go elsewhere and pay another $150. But I guess my question is would it be in poor taste to mention to the coach that there was another facility that chargers $100 less? I figured she probably charged that because she is also a medical doctor. Here is another question...there is a local pharmacy that is open later and has the foods for the same price. They do not do the consulting but they sell the foods and supplements. Do you think I should go there and get my foods? OR should I just stick to the doctor? Her hours are also until 5 which stinks since its hard for me to get there earlier and she at times don't have appointments that are suited to my needs. The other location has Saturday hours. Sigh...what to do?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Another WI, another pound gone. Not a spectacular loss, but I'll take it after the 6.6 last week. It always somehow evens out... Hope the whoosh fairy will come back next week.

Took a pic of myself tonight - that was about time. Will keep updating as pounds come off.

Have a great night and a wonderful IP day tomorrow!
Great Picture Beanie Mom, I need to put one on too but I don't know how. It looks like you hit onederland, congrats! I am almost there but it feels like it is taking forever!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Having a doctor monitor you should be worth some money. If she understands ip and has done it herself...it's hard to do this without a coach unless you are very motivated...

Last edited by Momto2cs; 05-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 236/228.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Help! I think I am stuck! I have been following this protocal to the letter since Monday (kinda fell off the wagon over the weekend) and I am not in Ketosis yet! My coach moved me to the alternative plan last week. I thought that was keeping me out of Ketosis so I changed back to the regular plan on Wednesday. Still no change. Any advice?
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #189  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funsun11 View Post
Prior to starting the IP diet, I had visited a local doctor and she stated the start up fee was $250. After researching the effectiveness of this diet, I decided to go for it. So I joined up and its been about $90 dollars per week. I have lost a total of 12lbs in three weeks. So this week, I decided to see who else has the IP diet. I called around and one facility was charging $150 start up fee and then $90 per week. Oh and the food was about the same price everywhere. Since I already paid the $250 I don't think it would make sense to go elsewhere and pay another $150. But I guess my question is would it be in poor taste to mention to the coach that there was another facility that chargers $100 less? I figured she probably charged that because she is also a medical doctor. Here is another question...there is a local pharmacy that is open later and has the foods for the same price. They do not do the consulting but they sell the foods and supplements. Do you think I should go there and get my foods? OR should I just stick to the doctor? Her hours are also until 5 which stinks since its hard for me to get there earlier and she at times don't have appointments that are suited to my needs. The other location has Saturday hours. Sigh...what to do?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Buy food where you want you don't owe anyone anything. I was told once the initiation fee was paid I could go to any IP clinic. Mine is run by an MD too. It was $100 to join. This may depend on your market. I'm glad it was $100 I don't think I would have paid $250 just for the consult.

Knowing what I do now I would have paid the $250.

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-04-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #190  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Lol, baking cookies solves everything!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #191  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Today my 10 year old son hugged me and said " hey! My arms fit all the way around you!". It was the first time ever. I LOVE this diet!! 100% OP every day!
That is wonderful.
Closed Thread