IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/3/12 - Page 11 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin

Hi Peeps!

The doctor thinks it a UTI and we'll know for sure tomorrow when the lab results come back. In the meantime he prescribed an antibiotic.
The good news is....... according to the doctor's scale I'm down one more pound than I was yesterday at weigh in!
The even better news is that, after asking a lot of questions about the diet, he didn't suggest giving it up and didn't think it was what caused my 'problem' at all! Yay!
Back on track, looking to drop that last 11 pounds!

Congrats everyone on the great WI's today.
Regarding all the big 'C' posts ... I'm having the exact opposite problem. Not sure which is worse.
Glad it was nothing serious!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Thanks Darralyn, and congrats on your first meal out. You handled it like a pro!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #153  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
So frustrated right now. I feel like I am all over the place. I have a good coach, but she is odd to talk to, can't explain it. She told me I only lost 2 lbs this last week because I had the big "c" well that night I had the big "d" so bad that I was in the bathroom 5 times with just water pouring out. 1 time before that with it normal and then again a normal one the next morning. Here it is 2 days later and no budge on the scale. So it isn't the big c. I follow everything to a t so I don't know why I still haven't seen results. I still am hungry all the time, even after adding a few salads, two eggs and sometimes an extra packet. Then I get upset over what I can eat and what others are told. I have been having red pepper a few times a week and then told no, can't do that. Same thing with cabbage. Had that twice, but now told nope, you suck. AGH!!

I feel so bad, I had to leave work early because we had a baby shower and I just couldn't be in there. It is going to be hard these next 3 weeks. I have two teacher appreciation lunches, four dinners, a carnival tomorrow and a parents breakfast. If my WI goes good this week and it budges then it will help me stay focused and on track. On top of all that I will be hosting two get togethers because my BIL is coming in from Japan. Oh me, oh my!

WOW, I didn't realize I was being so negative. I am usually always a happy person and lately no one wants to be my friend and now I can see why! Sorry. I will try to put myself in a better mood and be more positive!! is that better??!!!!!!!!!!!
Try to relax... you seem to always be quite stressed, and stress itself can curb weight loss. Try to find something relaxing to do to take your mind of the diet. Maybe soak in a nice hot tub for a while and read a good book? And I also would really encourage you to not weight yourself between official WIs... in the early days it just frustrates everybody and creates even more stress!

Your approaching social events will require a lot of discipline - that's for sure. But you can do it! And don't worry about being negative here... this is one safe place to come when you want to let it all hang out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
So I'm worried I may have accidentally cheated. I just put my meals for the last few days into the SparkPeople meal tracker, and it looks like I had 53g of carbs today, 39 yesterday, and 56 Tuesday (starting day). I'm not sure if I knocked myself out of ketosis before I even really got into it. Yesterday (Day 2) I was really tired and had pretty bad muscle aches so I knew I was going into ketosis, but today I'm completely fine, which has me kind of worried. I was thinking that I was a lucky one who went into ketosis quickly, but seeing my carb count has me worried. I thought the carb count had to be under 50g to go into ketosis?
I recently watched some videos that were put together by the Dr. and coach at one IP clinic in order to help new IPers come on board with consistent information. They said during a couple of them that the range of daily carb intake is between about 25 to 40. But they also talked about how some foods contain fibre, which can be deducted from the daily carb count, giving you a net carb figure. If you're really concerned about this, maybe look at your sparkpeople meal tracker and see where your net carbs fell on those days. I consider that I'm fine carb-wise for the day if I'm under the 40 net carbs each day. And some people are more carb sensitive than others, and will have to stick lower on the daily carb scale to consistently lose weight. There's no way of knowing that though, short of experience and seeing how different carb intake levels affect your weight loss over time. And -- most of the long time posters here, who've had proven success when sticking 100% on the IP protocolwill reassure you that if you're following the protocol 100% OP then your daily carb intake will fall in line as it should, and there's no need to do daily 'counts' at all... just to make sure you're 100% OP. I hope this helps put your mind at ease. Try to relax and just 'let it happen'. You can do it!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Default Just One More Question

Hello - In P1 if a veggie is not on the "not permitted list" is it permitted? I am confused after reading some of the posts. Green Cabbage is not permitted? Green peppers are permitted and red/yellow/orange peppers are not permitted - but red is? I know in a few weeks I will get the hang of it - but right now it is confusing. Sigh.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #155  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
I think it's different for everyone. I can have up to 65g carbs a day and still stay in ketosis. I don't think there is any hard fast rule about the number of carbs you have, just keep an eye on whether or not you lose weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post

I recently watched some videos that were put together by the Dr. and coach at one IP clinic in order to help new IPers come on board with consistent information. They said during a couple of them that the range of daily carb intake is between about 25 to 40. But they also talked about how some foods contain fibre, which can be deducted from the daily carb count, giving you a net carb figure. If you're really concerned about this, maybe look at your sparkpeople meal tracker and see where your net carbs fell on those days. I consider that I'm fine carb-wise for the day if I'm under the 40 net carbs each day. And some people are more carb sensitive than others, and will have to stick lower on the daily carb scale to consistently lose weight. There's no way of knowing that though, short of experience and seeing how different carb intake levels affect your weight loss over time. And -- most of the long time posters here, who've had proven success when sticking 100% on the IP protocolwill reassure you that if you're following the protocol 100% OP then your daily carb intake will fall in line as it should, and there's no need to do daily 'counts' at all... just to make sure you're 100% OP. I hope this helps put your mind at ease. Try to relax and just 'let it happen'. You can do it!
Thanks for talking me off the ledge, ladies. I'm going to talk to my coach and see what she thinks, and try to find those strips I keep reading about.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #156  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darralyn View Post
Hi All! I had no problems eating out for lunch; it was quite easy. Just ordered ceasar salad, no dressing, cheese or croutons. The gal thought I was nuts but brought me lemon wedges, olive oil and dijon mustard. it was a pretty tasty salad. After I got back to my car I had an IP bar and felt super full.
Afterward I treated my self to a pedicure (for my 5 lb loss yesterday and my wonderful A1c test). So now I have adorable toes.
Sounds like a successful lunch, and you did really well staying 100% OP. I had my first lunch in a restaurant last weekend (thankfully with my sister who is supportive of this whole thing) and made the mistake of forgetting to inquire how the chicken was cooked... It was a Caesar salad too - but it was breaded! So I'd asked 'no cheese - no croutons - no salad dressing'... but here came a plate of lettuce with pieces of breaded chicken. LOL. It was a tiresome task picking off all that breading (had to do some of it with my fingers), but I managed to pick it off and get to some 'plain' chicken. My lunch ended up mainly consisting of lettuce + my packet of WF salad dressing though. I was more than hungry for a protein bar when I got home around 2:15pm. But - I learned to always ask how things are prepared, and not assume anything.

What colour are your adorable toe nails??
Old 05-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #157  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Try to relax... you seem to always be quite stressed, and stress itself can curb weight loss. Try to find something relaxing to do to take your mind of the diet. Maybe soak in a nice hot tub for a while and read a good book? And I also would really encourage you to not weight yourself between official WIs... in the early days it just frustrates everybody and creates even more stress!

Your approaching social events will require a lot of discipline - that's for sure. But you can do it! And don't worry about being negative here... this is one safe place to come when you want to let it all hang out.
Do you think they can give me some xanax with my vitamins?? I am stressed and I guess I need to find something to do to help me relax. Thanks!! My poor hubby. I just bit his head off for no reason and it is the first time I have seen him all week.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #158  

Quote:
Origianlly posted by evepet
Super bright orange
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #159  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

On my phone can't remember who asked but Ideal to go is an online option. Not sure it will be cheaper. I think the prices are fixed.

http://www.idealtogo.com/

Alternatives are like half price. I've bought from Nashual Nutrition check out the alternatives threads. Some items are identical the chocolate soy puffs are one. The omelets are not. IP omelets are much bigger and taste better IMHO.

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/proti-thin.html
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #160  

evepet

The reason I went for plain romaine is I was afraid of how they would cook the chicken, I guess we cannot take anything for granted. lol

Thanks for all the support and encouragement you offer everyone here!! You are very kind, thank you!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

Today I stepped on the scale and...it moved!! Finally, after basically standing still ( at least in my eyes, -1 pound isnt enough) it came down!! Cant wait for WI #15 Saturday...too excited!!

Went for a walk with my SIL who is also OP, it's in the high 80's so it was a hot but good walk!! Tomorrow is Friday....wohoo...hope everyone has a good night
Old 05-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #162  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
Do you think they can give me some xanax with my vitamins?? I am stressed and I guess I need to find something to do to help me relax. Thanks!! My poor hubby. I just bit his head off for no reason and it is the first time I have seen him all week.
You could try "baking cookies"
Old 05-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
"Baking cookies" also burns calories. Hey Hey

Last edited by rvingprincess; 05-03-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #164  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Hello - In P1 if a veggie is not on the "not permitted list" is it permitted? I am confused after reading some of the posts. Green Cabbage is not permitted? Green peppers are permitted and red/yellow/orange peppers are not permitted - but red is? I know in a few weeks I will get the hang of it - but right now it is confusing. Sigh.
It is confusing. Because different coaches seem to tell their clients different things. And some regional areas of IP seem to get updates about changes to the accepted protocol before others, which for those of us here sharing information internationally creates confusion. It seems like we're often not all reading from the same 'IP page'.

It's probably best to ask your coach and follow their advice. They can check to make sure that the 'new' info is legit, and then you'll absolutely be sure.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #165  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hey - great idea! Hope kmc1021 is still on the board. She'll get her mind off of the diet, burn some calories, and end up more relaxed too!! Probably sleep better too!! 'Baking Cookies' is a darn useful passtime.
Closed Thread