Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #136  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

First WI today and thrilled: 7.5 pounds and 6 inches lost

Couldnt be happier. My coach did point out that 2 days I had had 2 restricted foods and has recommended I dont do that any more.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #137  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone - I'm home from work sick today...headache, sore throat, fever - off and on, fatigue. I had to force myself to eat today (very unlike me). I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I make a miraculous recovery overnight.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 251/223/200

I went to #6 WI - 3lbs! for a total of 24 lbs ! Yeah!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Peeps!

The doctor thinks it a UTI and we'll know for sure tomorrow when the lab results come back. In the meantime he prescribed an antibiotic.
The good news is....... according to the doctor's scale I'm down one more pound than I was yesterday at weigh in!
The even better news is that, after asking a lot of questions about the diet, he didn't suggest giving it up and didn't think it was what caused my 'problem' at all! Yay!
Back on track, looking to drop that last 11 pounds!

Congrats everyone on the great WI's today.
Regarding all the big 'C' posts ... I'm having the exact opposite problem. Not sure which is worse.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 189.8/178/160

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I have been reading some posts for a while now so I decided to join! I am currently on my second week of IP. The first week went better than I expected and I lost 7.2 lbs. and 6.5". I was ecstatic! I knew since I was younger(18) and had more muscle mass than most women that I had a better chance of losing more. Unfortunately this week has not been as great. I have a problem with not waiting until my WI. I have two days left in week 2 and have only lost 1 pound. Needless to say I am very discouraged since I have been OP 100% Praying the whoosh fairy comes!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #141  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2laugh View Post
Great job!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjnjj View Post
Hi everyone - I'm home from work sick today...headache, sore throat, fever - off and on, fatigue. I had to force myself to eat today (very unlike me). I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow. Hopefully I make a miraculous recovery overnight.
I hope you feel better soon, drink some hot tea and take it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Hi Everyone! glad to hear everyone is loosing this week! I'm going to try and hide my scale until Monday since I am horrible at wanting to weigh myself everyday!
I catch myself weighing daily, but am trying to approach it like a statistician, numbers are just numbers, except on Mondays, then they can make or break my day lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicknops View Post
I am averaging 3.5 # per week, so just going to be content with that.
Good job with that I'm going to try those EAS or whatever the abbreviation was protein powders next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Oh BTW, does it say Endulge on the package? Looking them up now.
No, I only get the Meal ones or the Light Meal / Snack ones, the back of the box breaks it down as follows:
Meal: 15g protein, 225cal 3g net carbs
Snack: 10g protein 175cal 3g net carbs (some are a bit more)
Snack daybreak: 10g protein 150cal 3g net carbs
Treat (endulge): <5g protein 150cal 2g net carbs

Carmel fudge brownie bar = love it, and it's 170cal, 9gfat, 19gcarb, 10g protein, so it'd be restricted for sure, but if that's what i need to get thru my day, so be it. Only used two bars in 8 days though, just emergency snacks mostly. I have another snack one at home that tastes like a nutbar...what are those called, salted nut rolls? slightly higher in protein i think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I'm on all IP food except for the RTDs. I buy the EAS brand (most markets and Target sells them). They are a better match to IP than the Atkins drinks. They aren't as rich as the IP RTS, but still taste good and they are also a lot cheaper.
I will be sure to look for those other shakes next week when I go grocery shopping
Old 05-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #142  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
No, I only get the Meal ones or the Light Meal / Snack ones, the back of the box breaks it down as follows:
Meal: 15g protein, 225cal 3g net carbs
Snack: 10g protein 175cal 3g net carbs (some are a bit more)
Snack daybreak: 10g protein 150cal 3g net carbs
Treat (endulge): <5g protein 150cal 2g net carbs

Carmel fudge brownie bar = love it, and it's 170cal, 9gfat, 19gcarb, 10g protein, so it'd be restricted for sure, but if that's what i need to get thru my day, so be it. Only used two bars in 8 days though, just emergency snacks mostly. I have another snack one at home that tastes like a nutbar...what are those called, salted nut rolls? slightly higher in protein i think?
Aha...got it. THANX!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #143  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

So frustrated right now. I feel like I am all over the place. I have a good coach, but she is odd to talk to, can't explain it. She told me I only lost 2 lbs this last week because I had the big "c" well that night I had the big "d" so bad that I was in the bathroom 5 times with just water pouring out. 1 time before that with it normal and then again a normal one the next morning. Here it is 2 days later and no budge on the scale. So it isn't the big c. I follow everything to a t so I don't know why I still haven't seen results. I still am hungry all the time, even after adding a few salads, two eggs and sometimes an extra packet. Then I get upset over what I can eat and what others are told. I have been having red pepper a few times a week and then told no, can't do that. Same thing with cabbage. Had that twice, but now told nope, you suck. AGH!!

I feel so bad, I had to leave work early because we had a baby shower and I just couldn't be in there. It is going to be hard these next 3 weeks. I have two teacher appreciation lunches, four dinners, a carnival tomorrow and a parents breakfast. If my WI goes good this week and it budges then it will help me stay focused and on track. On top of all that I will be hosting two get togethers because my BIL is coming in from Japan. Oh me, oh my!

WOW, I didn't realize I was being so negative. I am usually always a happy person and lately no one wants to be my friend and now I can see why! Sorry. I will try to put myself in a better mood and be more positive!! is that better??!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kmc1021; 05-03-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #144  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Hi Peeps!

The doctor thinks it a UTI and we'll know for sure tomorrow when the lab results come back. In the meantime he prescribed an antibiotic.
The good news is....... according to the doctor's scale I'm down one more pound than I was yesterday at weigh in!
The even better news is that, after asking a lot of questions about the diet, he didn't suggest giving it up and didn't think it was what caused my 'problem' at all! Yay!

Regarding all the big 'C' posts ... I'm having the exact opposite problem. Not sure which is worse.
Glad to hear that it was `just`a UTI... Afraid I have no suggestions re the èxact opposite problem` ... and it`s great that your Dr. is endorsing IP. That must be a big relief.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2laugh View Post
Great job
Old 05-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #146  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

So I'm worried I may have accidentally cheated. I just put my meals for the last few days into the SparkPeople meal tracker, and it looks like I had 53g of carbs today, 39 yesterday, and 56 Tuesday (starting day). I'm not sure if I knocked myself out of ketosis before I even really got into it. Yesterday (Day 2) I was really tired and had pretty bad muscle aches so I knew I was going into ketosis, but today I'm completely fine, which has me kind of worried. I was thinking that I was a lucky one who went into ketosis quickly, but seeing my carb count has me worried. I thought the carb count had to be under 50g to go into ketosis?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
Good morning everyone! Up and enjoying my coffee before I start working.

I just have to share my great dinner last night! I finally had the nerve to try the rutabaga I purchased (never had one before), so I decided to experiment before throwing it out. I cut it into thin strips about half the size of fries and threw them into a pan with a little olive oil. After they softened I added 8 oz. very lean ground beef to the same pan and began browning the beef. I added onion powder, garlic powder, and some Tony Chachere's.

!
Good idea. I cannot wait to try this! Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #148  
Restarted 3/1/2013

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
So I'm worried I may have accidentally cheated. I just put my meals for the last few days into the SparkPeople meal tracker, and it looks like I had 53g of carbs today, 39 yesterday, and 56 Tuesday (starting day). I'm not sure if I knocked myself out of ketosis before I even really got into it. Yesterday (Day 2) I was really tired and had pretty bad muscle aches so I knew I was going into ketosis, but today I'm completely fine, which has me kind of worried. I was thinking that I was a lucky one who went into ketosis quickly, but seeing my carb count has me worried. I thought the carb count had to be under 50g to go into ketosis?
I think it's different for everyone. I can have up to 65g carbs a day and still stay in ketosis. I don't think there is any hard fast rule about the number of carbs you have, just keep an eye on whether or not you lose weight.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Hi Peeps!

Glad to hear the Dr. thinks it is a UTI, and good luck with the last 11 lbs.

Last edited by rvingprincess; 05-03-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Hi All! I had no problems eating out for lunch; it was quite easy. Just ordered ceasar salad, no dressing, cheese or croutons. The gal thought I was nuts but brought me lemon wedges, olive oil and dijon mustard. it was a pretty tasty salad. After I got back to my car I had an IP bar and felt super full.
Afterward I treated my self to a pedicure (for my 5 lb loss yesterday and my wonderful A1c test). So now I have adorable toes.
Closed Thread