Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #16  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Crystal light is ok? I felt guilty having a glass at dinner thinking it's a no-no due to the aspartame!
I don't drink it everyday but I do have it occasionally as a treat. Aspartame affects some people more than others. My coach allows it some don't so use your judgement
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #17  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrousgal View Post
Crystal light is ok? I felt guilty having a glass at dinner thinking it's a no-no due to the aspartame!
Instead of crystal light you should be getting the 4C drink packets. They are made with Splenda 0/0/0. I live on them!

Last edited by Tmg1989; 05-02-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #18  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Does anyone know what the equivalence is between a packet of Splenda and Splenda in the bulk bag? Is it measure for measure the same? The Splenda in the bulk bag seems more 'granular' than the fine powder in the packet so didn't know if they would measure the same. For things like adding to rhubarb, etc, I'd like to use the bulk since using 3-4 packets at a time (vs say 1 Tbsp bulk) is more pricey. Haven't asked my coach yet, maybe she'll know.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

According to the Splenda packaging:
1 packet = 2 tsp sugar
1 tsp granular = 1 tsp sugar
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
Can you use WF with each meal per day? Is there a limit to what you should be having? For example...yesterday I had:

Breakfast - IP Vanilla Shake with 1tbs of WF peanut spread
Lunch - IP Mush. Soup and salad with 1tbs of WF french dressing
Dinner - Big Mac in a bowl with 2tbs WF TI dressing (delish BTW!!!)
Snack - IP Choc pudding shake with 1tbs WF peanut spread and 1 tbs WF choc syrup

...am I overdoing it using WF with every meal?
It's based on a serving size.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #21  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Does anyone know what the equivalence is between a packet of Splenda and Splenda in the bulk bag? Is it measure for measure the same? The Splenda in the bulk bag seems more 'granular' than the fine powder in the packet so didn't know if they would measure the same. For things like adding to rhubarb, etc, I'd like to use the bulk since using 3-4 packets at a time (vs say 1 Tbsp bulk) is more pricey. Haven't asked my coach yet, maybe she'll know.
I would think the granular would have more carbs, might be double in fact since a serving size is = to 1 tsp sugar vs. 2 in the packet. Something has to create that "bulk".
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #22  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
My coach advised me to try and limit the '0/0/0 freebies' to 6 or less a day (Splenda, WF, miracle noodles, etc). Just FYI, the FDA allows anything with less than 5 calories to be labeled "0". Example: A packet of Splenda has 4 calories and ~1 carb, so just assume each serving of the freebies adds a carb to your intake. Depending on your bodies carb sensitivity and daily intake it can add up - I had a friend (not IPer) who would put TWELVE Splenda packets into ONE cup of coffee! An extreme example for sure!
12 Packets?! OMG!!! Does she like chewing her coffee?! Holy cr*p! lol I just had to get that out LOL

Ya know I read all these posts.. I must be super lame.. I dont crave sugar, or salts, i have no problem drinking my water, I barely use WF, I dont use CL or Mio's.. lol.. Every once in while when I do the mug cake thing i'll use the sweet drops or truvia but that's it. I wonder if I would enjoy the diet more if I did lol Today was the 1st day that I even bought Restricted foods. Besides the puffs or bars. But I'm gona try the chilli and the oatmeal lol.. Woo whoo! But I use alot of herbs and i'm pretty organic as it is.. I just have a problem eating all those chemicals that are in the WF's and other products. It just doesnt seem right. But dont get it twisted.. I love WF Asian and Sesame Ginger! LOL

BTW: Skin tip! (has nothing to do with this thread but I thought i'd throw it in) - Try to use bathing gels/soaps with out Sulfate!!! SLS is horrible for your skin and can really fight against the collegen building! There are more and more products coming out with out it. I changed a while ago and my skin feels amazing.. i barely ever use lotion and is visibaly noticeable (elasticitywise) I use Burts Bee's Rosemary and Mint! Yes.. it's organic! lol
Even as a hair stylist, my shampoo's are all SLS free! You will love and notice the difference!
mlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #23  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I rarely use Splenda. For the past couple of years I've pretty much stuck to stevia as my sugar substitute of choice. I'm wondering if there's any particular reason why I don't hear much reference to the use of stevia here?
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #24  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
Can you use WF with each meal per day? Is there a limit to what you should be having? For example...yesterday I had:

Breakfast - IP Vanilla Shake with 1tbs of WF peanut spread
Lunch - IP Mush. Soup and salad with 1tbs of WF french dressing
Dinner - Big Mac in a bowl with 2tbs WF TI dressing (delish BTW!!!)
Snack - IP Choc pudding shake with 1tbs WF peanut spread and 1 tbs WF choc syrup

...am I overdoing it using WF with every meal?

I was told by my coach to follow the serving size each time you eat WF. So I am very similar to you.

And I know how GREAT the Big Mac in a bowl is. My hubby, off the program now, still requests - almost every week.

Good luck and enjoy your WF!
audgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I rarely use Splenda. For the past couple of years I've pretty much stuck to stevia as my sugar substitute of choice. I'm wondering if there's any particular reason why I don't hear much reference to the use of stevia here?
I don't use Stevia because it tastes really bitter to me. I've tried all the different permutations of it and I just can't tolerate the taste at all. So I use the granulated Splenda because it doesn't list dextrose as an ingredient like the packets do.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #26  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
I don't use Stevia because it tastes really bitter to me. I've tried all the different permutations of it and I just can't tolerate the taste at all. So I use the granulated Splenda because it doesn't list dextrose as an ingredient like the packets do.
I guess I must have a less sensitive palate. Either that or I've just been using it so long that I've grown immune.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Eek! Just read all of this and realized I may be overdoing the Mio.... anyone know how much is probably pushing it?
sneuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post
Eek! Just read all of this and realized I may be overdoing the Mio.... anyone know how much is probably pushing it?
The serving size on Mio is 1/2 tsp. Just assume everything that is labeled 0/0/0 has one carb per serving. If you have 8 servings of Mio (one for each glass of water), 2 of WF (one for each salad), and 2 pieces of gum (because your in ketosis), that's like eating another restricted without having the nutrition.
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote