Appetite... having one... not having one

• I started IP on 4.9.12.

I went into Ketosis on day 4... my appetite has really subsided and has really been suppressed. However, it seems like when I eat my 1 cooked Meat Meal I am hungry and I eat my fill. but then my appetite is back to "meh". and I am forcing myself to finish my last IP packets.

anyone experiencing this or have having any appetite issues?
  • This happens, you must eat though. Trust me there will be days when you are hungry and days when you aren't. I drink more water on the hungry days and on the non-hungry days just drink the shakes and pretend they are water. You need to keep your packets up.

It takes me longer then that to get to ketosis, I think 5 days...very jealous!

Stick to the plan, you'll see results!
  • I noticed this, too. Not fun. I also noticed that if I have anything with a lot of Splenda in it (Mio, WF), I am starved. Are you using a lot of WF products with your meat?
  • I actually have my dinner last, I had the same trouble stuffing down a snack last and it fits in better with my schedule. I have breakfast @8am and lunch at noon. If I don't eat 4-5 hours between meals I feel rundown, food is fuel! But I also had trouble stuffing down all the food at once.

Before when I tried the breakfast-lunch-dinner-snack routine there was too much time between lunch@12pm and dinner@6pm (and that's with me rushing to cook&eat) that I would feel nauseous and then after dinner would choke down a snack at 10pm right before bedtime even though I was still STUFFED from dinner. I also had to split up my veggies through the day as I found it hard to stuff down 2 cups at a time.

I just make sure to get in 3 IP packets, 2 salads, 4 cups veggies, and 8oz protein a day.

Here's my schedule now:
    Breakfast @ 8am: spinach smoothie (crispy cereal pancakes on the weekends)
    Lunch @ 12pm: salad and soup+veggies
    Snack @ 4pm: rhubarb and raspberry jelly - I take my son for a walk to the park @ 4:30pm daily, so the snack is critical to keep my energy. I couldn't do the walk when I had dinner before snack.
    Dinner @ 8pm: salad + 8oz protein + veggies

I also limit my extra 0/0/0 items (Splenda, WF, miracle noodles) to be 6 or less per day. Just a reminder that the FDA allows anything less than 5 calories to be labeled "0". My coach advised me that just assume anything labeled 0/0/0 has 4 calories and 1 carb per serving (for example: Splenda has 4 cals/~1 carb per packet). It can really start adding up, especially when you don't note the proper serving sizes.

I am starting up my weightlifting class again (3x/week) and plan on changing up my snack to be a pudding (I love the dark chocolate) and adding the raspberry jelly as a 4th IP on my weightlifting days (Tue, Thur, Sat). There was some chatter about the collagen products (cran granata & raspberry jelly) not providing the full amino acid protein chain. I love the raspberry jelly and want to maintain the collagen intake (loose skin, cellulite help - need all the help I can get!), so this should keep up my intake and allow my weightlifting and full protein.
  • My appetite has been non-existent since I went into ketosis a month ago. I pretty much only eat because I have to. Thankfully when I do, I don't get too full, so getting all my food in isn't an issue. But I have not felt actual hunger in a long time.
  • Im experiencing that for the first time as we speak. Im trying to get my broc and cheese soup down my stomach is full but I got to eat it.
  • Im getting in my 3 pks. and Im going about 4-5 before I have an inkling to want to eat.

breakfast - 8am - choc Shake

didnt eat lunch until 1:30pm - I eat my dinner as lunch- salmon and goo gobbs of Kale with smoked turkey.

tryning to get thru 2.2liters of h20.. Im 3/4s of the way done.

gonna do a Peach Mango drink around 3:30-4pm.

going Prom shopping with my son after work ... so I will have my snack while Im out.

and do a soup when I get home from shopping

I aint gonna be hungry tho..... its forced eating fa' sho.
  • Quote: Im experiencing that for the first time as we speak. Im trying to get my broc and cheese soup down my stomach is full but I got to eat it.
    how was your first WI?