3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 4/27/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257803-ip-daily-chat-friday-4-27-12-a.html)

jcjnjj 04-27-2012 12:15 PM

Happy Annivesary Wuv! I loved your video too!

My very first weigh in today...drumroll please...
11 pounds!

WingnutandMe 04-27-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcjnjj (Post 4310590)

11 pounds!

:bravo::cp::cb::dance:

You should be soooo proud. We're all proud of you. The plan works. Now you know and will keep with it, I'm sure.

Again, congrats!!

Molly

ProteinGal 04-27-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

11 pounds!

Awesome!!! :carrot: {replace carrot with cucumber}

KUTGW!

mom3girls63 04-27-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

11 pounds!

OH MY! That is awesome! Do you feel lighter? Can you tell you have lost? My body feels different (I can feel a dent in my waist - or at least where my waist should be), but I feel so full that I am not sure I have actually lost.

Keep plugging along and congrats!

Busymomx4 04-27-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4310185)
I stayed up tonight even thought I am dead tired to start today's thread. ONE year ago today I changed my life when I started Ideal Protein and found this site since then I have met online outstanding ladies and gentlemen on this forum that are all going through the same thing that I have gone through. Trust me when I say IT CAN BE DONE! I would like to say thank each and every one of you for letting me become part of your lives. It has helped me more than you will ever know to stay focused while on my journey. All of the support and encouragement that we give each other here is something that some of us don't get at home and it means the world and keeps us on track.

Everyone of you will have struggles but NEVER EVER GIVE UP......stay strong, focused, dedicated and committed to YOURSELVES.......YOU ARE WORTH IT......never let anyone tell you different. Hold your head up high and take pride in what you are doing for yourselves.....

154lbs of Pride is where I stand and I am NOT stopping, I am going to the end....when I am done I will stand proudly and say that I have loss 188lbs and I will NEVER GO BACK TO THAT.....Thank you IP for helping me learn how to live again!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary Wuv..you have been such an inspiration for everyone and are always willing to help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4310514)
[COLOR="Indigo"] Do they have Salads there? I know I will go with my boys to Pizza hut and they will sit and eat the pizza while I sit and eat my salad. My first cheat day WILL BE A PERSONAL PAN PIZZA!.......My mom and I had already discussed this. This is exactly what she had on her first cheat day when she reached her goal....like mother like daughter....lol

LOL wuv...i have all my meals of my first cheat day planned out already!

LizRR 04-27-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom3girls63 (Post 4310373)
Last night I was sooooo hungry (mentally). My body was fine, but I so wanted to crawl into the comfort of a big, hot pizza. This morning, I am still thinking about the pizza, but my WI is tomorrow morning and I am more concentrated on that than food.

My plan was to WI tomorrow and then have a pizza and then get right back on plan, but why would I screw up a whole weeks worth of excellence for one meal (and I would feel miserable afterwards!)? I know what would happen, I would eat the pizza and feel completely bloated and sick and then I would beat myself up mentally for having done it. Just avoid the whole thing and stay on plan and enjoy the "new me!"

Power through and stay 100% through these first few weeks and you will see that you are stronger and have more willpower than you ever knew. It was tough for me at least, to break through, but once I established 'the pattern' it's now ingrained and I swear I have no cravings or triggers. I've had pizza, cake, cheese biscuits, donuts, etc around and have had 'meh, big deal' reactions - in the past I would have knocked over people to be first in the food line.

I second checking out the 'Real Cost of Cheating' thread (I think it's been bumped up). Not only do you lose at least 3 days of fat burning having to get back into ketosis, but 3days*3packets/day*$4/packet = $36 you just threw in the trash, and that is for just one cheat. I don't know about you - but I don't have enough money to be throwing away $36 each time I want a donut (not to mention adding to my fat loss timeline)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4310418)
Good morning. A day off from work. Today is my DH and my two year anniversary. I've mentioned before that we were best friends (that's all) for about 8 years starting in high school, but then went our own ways for 35 years. Just over two years ago, he found me on Facebook and we were married two months later, now two years ago. It's still a wonderful fairytale.

No big plans. I baked him his favorite last night, chocolate chip cookies. He can get away with eating them. His body fat is 17%. It was great to smell them. That's all I needed. I realized, before I would have found a reason to eat quite a few. Not now.

Lisa, congrats on that year. As everyone says, you are soooooo inspirational. We have so many people on here that make coming back and reading all of the time addictive. Thanks. :grouphug:

Tomorrow is my WI. I've had a rough week. Not routine and afraid it will have an effect on the loss. Well, sometimes that happens. I'll try not to stress. LOL. The next couple weeks will also be challenging. We will be going on our regularly scheduled vacation to our Michigan cottage. Need to start thinking about organizing food for on the road and up there.

Everyone have a great OP day.
Molly

Happy Anniversary Wingnut! I too married my best friend who also happens to be a fat burning machine! He has loved me these past 6 years through thick and thin (literally - I met him at my heaviest in grad school @ 220lb, engaged/married at my lowest @ 160lb, and he's my biggest supporter on this journey).

qsuzi1 04-27-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

I stayed up tonight even thought I am dead tired to start today's thread. ONE year ago today I changed my life when I started Ideal Protein and found this site since then I have met online outstanding ladies and gentlemen on this forum that are all going through the same thing that I have gone through. Trust me when I say IT CAN BE DONE! I would like to say thank each and every one of you for letting me become part of your lives. It has helped me more than you will ever know to stay focused while on my journey. All of the support and encouragement that we give each other here is something that some of us don't get at home and it means the world and keeps us on track.

Everyone of you will have struggles but NEVER EVER GIVE UP......stay strong, focused, dedicated and committed to YOURSELVES.......YOU ARE WORTH IT......never let anyone tell you different. Hold your head up high and take pride in what you are doing for yourselves.....

154lbs of Pride is where I stand and I am NOT stopping, I am going to the end....when I am done I will stand proudly and say that I have loss 188lbs and I will NEVER GO BACK TO THAT.....Thank you IP for helping me learn how to live again!!!!!!

Wuv, what you have said means so much and I hope you know that for many of us, you have been the one who has been so giving of information, your time, and encouragement. Your words could not have come at a better time for me because I was going to tell my coach Tuesday that I would not be continuing with IP and going back to the diet I was on. Some of the issues and difficulties I've had since switching are better but I continue to struggle with eating the vegetables to the point I swear I can't eat another cauliflower or broccoli. I've looked through all the recipes, tried some new veggies but I still need to eat the ones I struggle with. I'm serious about dieting and sticking to the plan so this struggle is not a comfortable feeling.
Your weight loss and dedication are inspiring and I am so proud of your accomplishment. Congrats!

jcjnjj 04-27-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4310593)
:bravo::cp::cb::dance:

You should be soooo proud. We're all proud of you. The plan works. Now you know and will keep with it, I'm sure.

Again, congrats!!

Molly

Thanks Molly! I will check you you all every day for inspiration, that's for sure! And yes, I will keep with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProteinGal (Post 4310596)
Awesome!!! :carrot: {replace carrot with cucumber}

KUTGW!

Thanks! LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom3girls63 (Post 4310604)
OH MY! That is awesome! Do you feel lighter? Can you tell you have lost? My body feels different (I can feel a dent in my waist - or at least where my waist should be), but I feel so full that I am not sure I have actually lost.

Keep plugging along and congrats!

Yes, I feel a lot lighter and the pants aren't so tight this week. So that was 9 days on IP since I couldn't make it to my coach this Weds. Dent is good!:D

reneepw 04-27-2012 12:55 PM

thank you Wuv! I showed my husband your photo diary yesterday. He said you look great! My guardian angel must have been guiding my mouse yesterday, sending me to all of you! Have a great weekend!

DanafromAustin 04-27-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

We are all so proud of you. What an incredible year you have had. :grouphug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 4310239)
Lisa, thank you for starting the daiky thread. Congrats on the anniversary of the start of a new life! When you talk about it, I realize how much IP has changed me also. I feel so lucky to have found IP as I had almost resigned myself to an unhealthy, unhappy existence!

Carol, Hope you are getting some sleep. I just woke up in the middle of my night too!

I used to wake up and think first of what I would eat. Now, I feel better and the foods and weight that drove that behavior are gone from my life. I wake up thinking about what I am going to "do" and experience during the day now.

I did not realize before how te extra weight and the types of food I took in so drove my eating behavior. Now, there is not the feelings of guilt I used to hold around that. It all makes sense to me after what I have learned over the past several months. What a wonderful gift to be able to break that cycle!!

It is awesome the support that exists here. I honestly believe that we help ourselves so much by helping others. It is a win all around. Community is an important thing in assisting any of us to achieve changes. Thank you everyone for being here!

My son has lost over 30lbs. He has more to go, but my IP journey has opened the doors for learning and change in his life. Hubby weighed for the first time since he began following along in our eating. He does not have much to lose but is 14lbs down. Both of these guys have been great supporters to me. Our entire family has learned so much about carb metabolism and nutition, that we sound like diet evangelists when people ask us questions!

Yesterday at the health fair where ice cream and cookies were being served, we sat and watched as the obese people had these items more than others. It was not long ago that I would have been there also. I don"t have judgement as I know it is not about being weak so much as the extra weight and the carb addiction compell us biologically further down that path when we get caught in it! Thanks to IP, I was fortunate to escape the trap!

Ice cream and cookies at a health fair? I think they might have come up with a better choice. ;) Congratulations to your son on his weight loss too.

Ishbel 04-27-2012 01:22 PM

WUV Congratulations and Happy Annivesary!! It's hard to fathom when you look back over a year...I can't say I knew when I started that I would last a year but then you become too sucessful to stop. :)

As for planning cheat days...my plans change daily!!! One day I just wanted pickled beats...and someone rolled their eyes at me (via email) and said "can't you do better then that?"

:D

GonnaB50NFabulous 04-27-2012 01:37 PM

Last week I reported a 3 pound gain eventhough I had stayed OP. This week, I lost 5 pounds, so I'm headed back in the right direction. I have been on the plan since January, so I am starting to exercise a little more as the weather gets nicer. That may have been the problem last week???

rvingprincess 04-27-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Congratulations Wuv, you are such an inspiration to everyone who reads this forum. You make us see that it is possible. Good luck with the remainder of your weight loss.

Minnie5 04-27-2012 02:02 PM

Wow 10 lbs gone! so excited! I met my 10 lb goal this month, trying for 12 before the month is over. I have no doubt I can do this now!
Good luck everyone! finish off this week strong and proud.
:carrot::carrot:
For some reason my ticker isn't adjusting, I'll try to figure this one out. lol
TGIF!

Billster 04-27-2012 02:05 PM

Well WI today was -3.8 and 5 inches gone! really thought it would have been better but I have been having big 'C' issues this week, thank you stress! But I'm still happy to see the numbers going down. My coach told me today that she had a huge IP meeting in Calgary on Monday and celery is NOW A FREE FOODS! I was happy to hear this as that should help clear my 'c' issue! Trying to clean the house, do laundry, walk the dogs etc etc all before I start my new job on Monday!!!!!! Have a great day everyone!