Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'4

Greetings, everyone! Back from my weekend in Vegas! It was a rough weekend, diet-wise, but I managed to stay OP as far as food was concerned (minus one tiny nibble of an avocado, which I have been missing horribly since starting this protocol). I did do a little bit of drinking in the evenings, but just some vodka and diet coke. While I do feel horrible for cheating, I am still fairly happy with myself considering it was a bachelorette party in Vegas and I gained only 1 lb in those three days. I do have to say, that I was definitely ready to get back to my daily routine and some great weight loss euphoria.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Try using Orange MIO with the vanilla shake...taste just like a creamcisle
Wow Wuv - You are looking fantastic!!
How nice to see your journey in pictures!!!!

I am starting phase 2 this week - I am nervous about this as I am fearful that this change (even though it is small) will take away my motivation - I know that sounds strange but this is the place in my diets - when I get close to my goal - that I usually fall off the wagon. Also, I am going to be leaving my coach - I havent really gotten any encouragement from them - so I will try this solo for the time being.

AS for the MIO - I love this stuff - it keeps me going. When I am soo hungry I want to eat a sock (which doesnt happen often on this diet - but does occasionally when someone eats a piece of chocolate cake in front of me ) I just get a big bottle of water with MIO and drinking that keeps me on track!!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
I do have a quick question about the diet. What groceries can I purchase before I go to the Dr. tomorrow so I am ready to fully start Wednesday morning?
Welcome ! I think there is a worksheet under 'stickies' that shows the Phase 1 protocol, and that lists all the allowed vegees and meats, so you can see which ones you like best. I also loved adding spices to dishes to keep it interesting, and fresh parsley and cilantro or basil really is nice. Good luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVeyzMeir View Post
Just started today. Learning very quickly that if I start getting hunger pangs? More water. And diet drinks are freakin' EVIL. I may be the last person alive that still drinks (drank, for now) TaB. If they quit making it? I'll know I was.
Welcome to you too! Yep, water is our friend, even if we have to run to the bathroom all day long... Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
I have not been at my goal weight since I was in my thirties and I am 49 now. I cannot even imagine what I will look like when I am at goal. Will I look normal?
I know how you feel...I haven't been this thin since I was 30 and I'm 59 now. Everyday I look in the mirror and am amazed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allnewme View Post
Hi all!

I'm new here.
I look forward to getting to know you all better and trying some of these tasty recipes!!
Welcome to you too !!! All these new people, it's great! This forum is filled with wise and kind people who are quite willing to help, so keep coming back! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycarrieann8 View Post
(minus one tiny nibble of an avocado, which I have been missing horribly since starting this protocol).
I have to tell you, every time I see your login name, I hear the song by the Hollies... Anyway, my coach said I could have 1/4 of an avocado in exchange for my 2 tsp of olive oil if I wanted to. It is kind of a pathetic amount, but I really missed my guacamole at times.... I don't know if this is totally against all rules, but she suggested it.

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Just wanted to add...Good for you Cadu! You deserve to be happy!

I ran my errands today, including getting an estimate to fix the brakes on my truck...$400. Oh well...

Got my vegees too. I'm really going through the lettuce and spinach these days. Seems like I go to the store alot more often than I ever did before.

Time to put it all away and start thinking about dinner...have a relaxing evening everybody!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All

Im on day 3 of IP so far so good. The craving are slowly going away and Im handling myself pretty good. Im finding my likes and dislikes and so far the pudding is not my favorite. Going to try to put it in some iced coffee to see if I can get that to work. Good Luck and have a good day!
The first few days are brutal, but it is so worth it......! It took me more than a couple of weeks to not feel hungry all the time, and my daughter is using the alternatives and her hunger went away after 4-5 days I think, but she had a VERY rough few days. I found the only pudding I care for is the butterscotch, I put nutmeg and cinnamon on it and it tastes great. I also usually blend my vegetables into the soups to make them thicker, and my new favorite is the chocolate drink with spinach blended with it, I put the spinach and 5-6 oz. of water, blend, put in some crushed ice with the chocolate and blend, you don't even taste the spinach. Good luck to you!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #96  

I have a question. I have not been feeling well today. Got hit hard with a head cold and haven't felt like eating. I have got my packs in when I normally do. But is it going to affect my loss if I eat all 4 cups veggies with my 8oz protein?

Hope eveyone is having a great OP day!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #97  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

Remember me? Lol, it feels like it's been forever since I have been able to log on here. We're getting settled back in and I finally have internet again

Since I stopped P1 of IP I have gained about 5lbs, when I weighed in on my scale last Thursday I was 171. However, I started IP full force again and this morning I am actually below my last posted weight. Weighed in this morning at 164.4. My new official WI days will be Tuesday since I'm going tomorrow to meet with a new IP coach and get 'officially' started again. I'm feeling great, tons of energy and I can see the changes to my body already, just from the glycogen stores leaving again. I defiantly put some weight back on in my tummy because that's not nearly as flat as it was, but I know it will come with time. Really hoping to be at goal by June when we go to the beach for a week.

I hope everyone has a great IP day and I look forward to participating again!
So glad to see you back online... and that you are full force back into it as I know some people had a hard time starting back before. Moving is never easy, but it sounds like you came through it without all the stress eating that pack on the extra pounds. I hope you like your new coach and I look forward to watching you journey to your goal! Welcome back!!!

~Alaskastarr aka Shelia
Old 04-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk33 View Post
Hi Everyone! I need to let some frustrations fly! Went for my weigh in this morning....down 4.2 pd, very happy about that.

BUT, I have always had the same coach, mind you, it has only been 8 weeks, but I felt I had developed a connection with my coach. Well, there was another coach there today and when I asked the receptionist where was my coach, she said from now on you get whatever coach was there. HUH? So now I can have a stranger every freaking week???

I met the woman, didn't like her, I will say I already didn't like her because she had been at the reception desk the last couple of weeks and wasn't very friendly. Her measurements were totally off from my records.

Then proceeds to tell me I exercise too much, huh again? I go on my elliptical machine for 20 minutes, 4 times a week and take a 45-60 minute SLOW walk 4-5 times a week. I am losing weight, I feel good and I wanna move!

Then came the kicker, I read on these boards over the weekend that red/orange/yellow peppers are supposed to be restricted, my sheet just says bell pepper, no color distinction. I have been eating the colored peppers several times a week, my regular coach has never said a word about it. Well, I asked today and she tells me that we are to eat no bell peppers except for green. All others are off limits for now....so on top of everything else I am confused

Sorry! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.....I feel lighter already!
First things first! Congratulations on your WI! You are obviously doing something right!
Green bell peppers are ok they are even used in the Ideal Protein Recipe Book for Phases 1 & 2. Personally, I don't care for raw Green Peppers, so I eat Orange, Red and Yellow; they are staples in my meals. My coach has always been fine with it and I have not suffered in the weight loss department at all because of them. That has been my experience. I do try eat a lot of other green veggies.
Though my opinion isn't worth 2 cents, I think you are on the right track with only wanting one coach. I feel like my coach knows what works and doesn't work for me and my body. She also knows a little of my daily life history so she is able to encourage me and reminds me how to avoid the situations that affect me personally.
You know what you need, don't settle for less!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volly View Post
I have tried mixing the vanilla pudding with the orange drink, and I have found it tastes almost like an Orange Creamsicle... I blend it with ice and drink one for my breakfast and the remaining for lunch. I will miss my 3rd weigh-in because I am traveling, but I think I am down about 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I feel great, and I don't feel like I am suffering...lol. This site offers great support and ideas! Good luck!!
15 pounds in 3 weeks is fabulous!

Can't believe I'm out of tangerine Mio! Oh well, will get it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Amazing the little things that excite me! I think I just got my "ticker" set up !
LOL! Yes, getting the ticker set up is exciting and so is the weekly updating process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Totally off subject, but has anyone been reading or already read "50 Shades of Grey"? Pretty erotic books. It is a trilogy. I am almost finished with the first one. I recommend it
I read it, enjoyed it and have the next 2 ordered (Amazon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycarrieann8 View Post
Greetings, everyone! Back from my weekend in Vegas! It was a rough weekend, diet-wise, but I managed to stay OP as far as food was concerned (minus one tiny nibble of an avocado, which I have been missing horribly since starting this protocol). I did do a little bit of drinking in the evenings, but just some vodka and diet coke. While I do feel horrible for cheating, I am still fairly happy with myself considering it was a bachelorette party in Vegas and I gained only 1 lb in those three days. I do have to say, that I was definitely ready to get back to my daily routine and some great weight loss euphoria.
That was really great - to just have a little vodka & diet coke in that situation. It had to tough, day after day of partying. That 1 pound will come off quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapc331 View Post
I have a question. I have not been feeling well today. Got hit hard with a head cold and haven't felt like eating. I have got my packs in when I normally do. But is it going to affect my loss if I eat all 4 cups veggies with my 8oz protein?

Hope eveyone is having a great OP day!
Yes, it'll be fine to get it all in at once - just try to get it all in every day.

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-23-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #100  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all - finally checking in. Got sidetracked by looking for the tzatziki sauce recipe mentioned in an earlier post, then it was time for dinner.
Continuing to have a great OP week - looking forward to WI tomorrow!

Dana and mooselover - hoping all your medical stuff works out - so stressful... (((hugs)))

And to all those who are fitting into smaller sizes in their closet - whoo hoo!!!!

Billie - I can't WAIT to see wedding photos!!!! And I agree, everything looks cuter smaller - you'll find something great to wear. BTW - where in Alberta are you? I'm going to Banff in August for a continuing ed meeting.

Wingnut - awesome recipes!

I had stewed rhubarb (2 c rhubarb cooked down with water and 1 1/2 packet of truvia) mixed into the raspberry IP jello for lunch - it was really good! Got that idea here - thanks to whomever posted it. I have the other 2 c of rhubarb that I stewed waiting for some strawberry WF preserves and IP oatmeal - that will be my lunch tomorrow, I think.

See you all tomorrow - best wishes with all the weigh ins!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #101  
hecitsme

S/C/G: 203/191.3/150

Height: 5'11"

Default Woo-Hoooo!

Imagine your ideal weight, visualize, make it so real that when you step on the scale for your weigh in you're NOT actually there... Humph, kinda frustrating.

UNTIL... You do the math and realize that you are 11.7 pounds less than you were a week ago - thennnnn, NOT so frustrating!

I'm sure there's a lot of water weight in there but heck, if I count it when I start then I'm counting it today...

I repeat... Woo-Hoo!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #102  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
The D stands for dear or darling.
or on bad days it could stand for dumb, doofus, dingbat (just kidding)

Have a great on plan day everybody!
Or, for me, it stands for "Duh!"
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #103  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Hello IP Family!
Now for my dilemma: I’m actually struggling with how to tell my coach I want to incorporate some alternative products into my routine. From what I’ve read here (she’s heard of the board, but is not personally familiar with it) I learned that some of the ProtiThin and ProtiDiet products are nearly identical to IP products, at ¼ of the costs…. So I placed an order with Nashua. Any words of advice? I know I signed a contract at the beginning saying I’d do my best to stay OP. Will this be considered a breach of contract? What can they do to me?
Good luck, on this, Dakin. I had to stop "cold turkey." With my coach, it was you MUST buy 21 packs a week minimum. She was not the greatest coach; did not like this forum, felt that the recipes were a problem and against protocol, so just quitting was not much of a problem. I did read everything on this forum on alternatives and ordered lots of things. I have found The Protein Store (www.buyproteinfood.com) that sells all the IP foods and supplements for those things that I find I like better than the alternatives. You'll just have to see what she says.
Molly
Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all for your words of encouragement, it was exactly what I needed to hear! I am going to speak to my "regular" coach and move it up to the owner if needed.

As for the peppers, I have been losing so why worry myself over it. I think wuv said in another thread, why make it complicated? So I am going to keep it simple and keep working it!

I made the Big Mac in a Bowl for dinner tonight, and it gets a double thumbs up from me!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #105  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! It's beautiful and sunny here, a bit cool, but lovely. I can't believe the folks on the East Coast have to deal with a snow storm now...

I made the mistake last night of getting on the scale around midnight and was up 5 pds from a week ago, got rather depressed, re-evaluated everything and resolved to increase exercise, limit snacks, etc., then had an IP shake for breakfast (I'm on Phase 4, so I did not have the usual breakfast) and my tea, and weighed myself again, this time without my flannel nightgown on, and having had a BM. Now I'm actually down 1.5 pds from last week. I should know better...always weigh the same time, the same way. I haven't had a scale in years and finally bought one as I entered Phase 4, but still don't get on it but once a week.

I'm glad for the experience though. I can always use a reset and re-eval to keep myself honest. I increased my elliptical, rebounder and crunches this morning as well. This Phase 4 journey is a lifetime one and I will find the way to do it for me.

Hope you all have an incredible day!
I always love your posts, Sewmam. You have such a calm, almost etherial approach to this journey. I'm taking notes
Closed Thread