Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Last night I went over to a friends house to play Yahtzee, he cooked pizza and had ice cream. When I got there he said I hope you are hungry I cooked us a pizza and got Ice cream for dessert. I said OH NO....I am not hungry (smacking my gum) he said well you are going to eat. I said no I am not hungry. He said just one piece I don't wanna eat alone, I said you are fine I'll drink some water while you eat. He said why won't you have at least one piece. I said I have loss 150lbs in the last 11 months and pizza and ice cream are NOT on my diet. He said a little won't hurt. I said....I said I am not hungry and don't want any....he sat and ate his pizza while I drank my water. We started playing Yahtzz he goes fix ice cream, puts like 1/4 cup in a bowl and puts it by me and says here a little won't hurt. I looked at him with a pair of eyes to KILL HIM and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY....he said well you can't get up til you eat it. I said well I guess I'll be sleeping in this chair then. He ate all of his then ate mine....hahaha....he said you are ONE determined strong willed woman that is for sure. I said well when you go from weighing 388lbs to 236lbs you won't let anything or anyone get in the way of keeping your losses off....he said I guess you are right. I said OF COURSE I AM RIGHT...I AM A WOMAN....hahahah.....I GOT THIS.....NO ONE WILL STOP ME FROM GETTING TO 200LBS!!! [/COLOR]
Hilarious! I would think that anybody who knows you, knows not to mess with you. Did you just wanna smack him one?
Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPers. Happy weekend.

I had my WI this morning (on my own now, no coach). 4 lbs. I haven't seen that number for a loss for weeks. It's usually just 2 (or less). I know WUV says your body has to adjust.

Now, with the great loss, I have concerns. I purchased a scale that measures all the good stuff: body fat, water, and muscle. I was worried before, since my inches weren't dropping much, I might be losing muscle. Well, I've had the scale for three weeks and yes, my muscle has been dropping each week. Last week I added about 15 extra grams of protein a day (0 fat 0 carbs, low calorie protein powder) hoping that would help. Now my muscle has dropped the most and to it's lowest level since I started with the scale at the end of March. I need suggestions. I don't want to hurt myself and I don't want to give up the program.
Molly
Hey Molly, I had the same concern and bought a scale to measure all the good stuff too. My month check in at the clinic showed I lost a lot of lean muscle, so really wanted to be proactive. I started weight training at my gym and at home every 2 to 3 days and I now watch the scale weekly and notice the percentage of fat goes down slightly and percentage of muscle goes up slightly. I am sure they are not exactly accurate, but I think it can give some sort of a guide line.
If you can go somewhere and get a used pair of 5 and 10 pound weights, and some elastic work out bands, you can start to incorporate training at home. If you google weight training for newbies or something you will find a crazy amount of info. I think weight training is the only answer to help maintain that muscle. I exercise now, just so I can have that extra packet some days....lol Only my opinion tho. Good luck I hope you can get some professional help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyqxxxx View Post
Good morning all
Lost 2 pounds this week, i`m thinking 4 more pounds and gonna start phase 2.

Going to see my boyfriends family 1 hour away, we are cleaning out the deep freeze, and cupboards, taking all the food we don`t eat any more to them, would hate to see all the food go bad, and toss it...they will eat it..

have a great week all, keep up the great losses
Great Loss
Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
WI #11 this morning, wish me luck! Hope everyone has a great OP day
Good luck Cassi
Can't wait to hear how your WI went..
Old 04-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

That is awesome, just goes to show you how different we all are. Most GAIN, its great to see that losses are still possible in the later phases.

Last night I went over to a friends house to play Yahtzee, he cooked pizza and had ice cream. When I got there he said I hope you are hungry I cooked us a pizza and got Ice cream for dessert. I said OH NO....I am not hungry (smacking my gum) he said well you are going to eat. I said no I am not hungry. He said just one piece I don't wanna eat alone, I said you are fine I'll drink some water while you eat. He said why won't you have at least one piece. I said I have loss 150lbs in the last 11 months and pizza and ice cream are NOT on my diet. He said a little won't hurt. I said....I said I am not hungry and don't want any....he sat and ate his pizza while I drank my water. We started playing Yahtzz he goes fix ice cream, puts like 1/4 cup in a bowl and puts it by me and says here a little won't hurt. I looked at him with a pair of eyes to KILL HIM and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY....he said well you can't get up til you eat it. I said well I guess I'll be sleeping in this chair then. He ate all of his then ate mine....hahaha....he said you are ONE determined strong willed woman that is for sure. I said well when you go from weighing 388lbs to 236lbs you won't let anything or anyone get in the way of keeping your losses off....he said I guess you are right. I said OF COURSE I AM RIGHT...I AM A WOMAN....hahahah.....I GOT THIS.....NO ONE WILL STOP ME FROM GETTING TO 200LBS!!!
[/QUOTE]

OMG! If we could only have a third of your motivation...we would do just great! Good for you!!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #50  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Thanks WUV! Yes, it was worth it. What is scary is that many of my fellow IPeeps have never experienced the sweats, nightmares, etc. I must have been overdosing on carbs....the withdrawal was tough....but probably a great thing to experience : ( ....it will remind me that I do not want to go off of the protocol and have toexperience all that AGAIN.....no way!
When can i start walking?
Give yourself a few weeks then start walking like 30 minutes a day. If you were walking before it may be ok for you to do it now just keep it to moderate walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hilarious! I would think that anybody who knows you, knows not to mess with you. Did you just wanna smack him one?
YES!!....with the eyes I cut him and the tone of my voice I think he finally got the message....haha....he said next time he will have some veggies for me to eat...haha
Old 04-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good Afternoon IP Friends!
I officially feel like I belong to this group now.(Which is an honor!) I have completed one week on the program and went for my first WI. I am down 12 lbs!!!! What a glorious feeling that I am OP and have committed to such a wonderful and healthy lifestyle.
Yay for IP. I am looking forward to week two.
Welcome NewPath! Great weight loss! you will love this diet and the folks on this board. So helpful and inspiring!

Quote:
... he goes fix ice cream, puts like 1/4 cup in a bowl and puts it by me and says here a little won't hurt. I looked at him with a pair of eyes to KILL HIM and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY....he said well you can't get up til you eat it.
I would get angry, I'm impressed with the way you handled it!

Quote:
I can't wait to put up my weight ticker. I think that it will be VERY motivating and something to look forward to!
Yes, the tickers are fun. After my weekly WI, I can't wait to update my ticker. Even if my weight is up a little (its happened twice), I still look forward to updating it. I keep a journal so I can track what I ate and did during times of better losses and ...yes, those couple of gains .

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-21-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

IPEEPS
I would like to buy a book....a book about the diet, the lifestyle etc. I know that there are a lot out there. ....kinda like an IP "bible" to keep close at hand.....suggestions?
Also, does anyone own the recipe book, is it worth purchasing? (FYI, I never was a good cook, so I would put my cooking skills at a "below basic".
Old 04-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #53  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

I would get angry, I'm impressed with the way you handled it!

That was my reaction too... I wanted to biff him over the head on Wuv's behalf! Pizza and Ice Cream? He'd better be well stocked up on veggies and other IP-appropriate items for her next visit.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #54  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Great WI last night. So excited! The 170's are close. Never thought I would be here!
I hear ya. I hope to be in the 170's sometime next week myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Wow, that is a great point! I never thought about what the appropriate amount of muscle mass would be anyway. What is 'normal?'
I have no idea other than my coach told me when I started IP that my muscle mass was high for a woman. Good thing because I've lost quite a bit over the months.
Quote:
Congrats on your WI! Isn't it funny the things we look forward to now with IP...did you ever think you would look forward to going walking?? Our whole thought process changes from food to what we want to do....its crazy but I am so loving it!

How close are you to your goal? If you are close (within 10-15lbs) it will slow down a bit because your body knows where it should be. Hang in there it will come off!

I know some coaches don't recommend it but I chew gum to help me in times like these. And when it gets really really bad I have a bag of sugarfree hard candy (cinnamon disk or butterscotch disk) and I will have a piece or two and then I am fine. I don't do it often but its there IF I need it. There are like 2-3 carbs in a serving which is 3 pieces so if I have one or two my coach said I would be ok.

Why don't you eat before you go like that you aren't really hungry. Eat like 5 oz of protein before Uyou go and just eat a little bit when you go there because you know it will be yuky.

Congrats on graduating to the next level.....just wait til you get to phase three....you will be in heaven!

That is awesome, just goes to show you how different we all are. Most GAIN, its great to see that losses are still possible in the later phases.

Last night I went over to a friends house to play Yahtzee, he cooked pizza and had ice cream. When I got there he said I hope you are hungry I cooked us a pizza and got Ice cream for dessert. I said OH NO....I am not hungry (smacking my gum) he said well you are going to eat. I said no I am not hungry. He said just one piece I don't wanna eat alone, I said you are fine I'll drink some water while you eat. He said why won't you have at least one piece. I said I have loss 150lbs in the last 11 months and pizza and ice cream are NOT on my diet. He said a little won't hurt. I said....I said I am not hungry and don't want any....he sat and ate his pizza while I drank my water. We started playing Yahtzz he goes fix ice cream, puts like 1/4 cup in a bowl and puts it by me and says here a little won't hurt. I looked at him with a pair of eyes to KILL HIM and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY....he said well you can't get up til you eat it. I said well I guess I'll be sleeping in this chair then. He ate all of his then ate mine....hahaha....he said you are ONE determined strong willed woman that is for sure. I said well when you go from weighing 388lbs to 236lbs you won't let anything or anyone get in the way of keeping your losses off....he said I guess you are right. I said OF COURSE I AM RIGHT...I AM A WOMAN....hahahah.....I GOT THIS.....NO ONE WILL STOP ME FROM GETTING TO 200LBS!!!
Strange that he would be so insistent about it.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon,

Just checking in, I feel a little blah today. Day three of Phase 1. I don't know if ketosis is kicking in or no, but if so I'm glad. I just feel awful!!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #56  

Height: 5'2

Happy Weekend!
I need to attack this weekend with better habits. Yesterday I had my chocolate shake for breakfast. I had veggies for lunch, then nothing for the rest of the day. I am not sure how I got too busy to eat, but no ip packets or veggies/protein. I have to do better than that. Those are my old habits, not eating and ending up in bed before I realize it.

I hope everyone has a successful weekend. I am seeing great weight losses here! That is awesome!
Old 04-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
IPEEPS
I would like to buy a book....a book about the diet, the lifestyle etc. I know that there are a lot out there. ....kinda like an IP "bible" to keep close at hand.....suggestions?
Also, does anyone own the recipe book, is it worth purchasing? (FYI, I never was a good cook, so I would put my cooking skills at a "below basic".
Seems like the closest "book" is Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book. The PDF link is in the introductory section of this thread.

I've looked through one of the recipe books. Quite expensive to have recipes I'm not even interested in. My alternative, yes it took a lot of time, was I went through all of the recipe threads here (links within the first sticky on the IP forum page). I opened a word processing document on my computer during that time and when I saw something that interested me in the least little bit, I copied and pasted it in the word processing document. I tried to keep it organized into drinks, meals (protein containing) and sweets. Now I have my own personal recipe book. I can so easily pull it up and find something for dinner or a snack.
Molly
Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #58  
Michele

S/C/G: 240/149/150

Height: 5.5

Had a bad day yesterday.. did not cheat but did not like the food for the first day since i started diet nothing tasted good which made me grumpy..but today is a new day and i am determined to make it a good one.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
That was my reaction too... I wanted to biff him over the head on Wuv's behalf! Pizza and Ice Cream? He'd better be well stocked up on veggies and other IP-appropriate items for her next visit.
Yeah, that's right, if he knows what's good for him! Messing around with one of our own!! LOL!

Wuv, next time he tries that, send him over to us...we'll straighten that lad out.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #60  
Started IP 3/26/12

I was just checking out the IP threads at SparkPeople, and found reference to some good IP coaching short videos that are available at: www.idealcoaching.tv. "This site is aimed at IP providers but don't let that deter you. Click on "Get more details" at the bottom of the homepage, then scroll to the bottom of the details page and click on "sample videos". You can watch 14 sets of short videos for free". I've just watched them all, and did pick up clarification on a few things. They're worth checking out, especially for the newer members. These videos are given by a team of IP coaches led by a doctor.

A couple of the videos discuss exercise, etc. and they recommend something called the 'Slow Burn Workout'. I'm going to check into it now.
Closed Thread