Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Afternoon All

Day 2 of IP and been OP without cheating not even a taste. Im so determined this. I have been making the drinks into smoothies just adding add and blending and the pudding I made and put in the freezer for dessert later. Hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy your day~
Old 04-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #152  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi,
I'm a little confused, if not eating is a problem for you, how did you become overweight and hence, here? Very glad to have you here, just that you sound like a very thin person.
Hi Chloe, oh I wish I wasn't overweight. I guess my lack of a more active lifestyle that I had when I was younger is gone. Playing with my kids and being active at school with my students, isn't the same as what I did in my early twenties. PCOS and Liver disease also. My liver isn't metabolizing apparently. Plus, my body seems to hang on to things, as I don't eat often enough. I guess all these things put together? I wish I knew 15 years ago, so I could pay attention to it. I started this on the 10th of April at 213pnds. I wish I was that thin person. 5'2 so nope.. very obese, according to the numbers!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #153  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Liz,
Your weight loss is remarkable. If its not too much trouble, would you share a few days of your menu?
My menu stays pretty consistent during the weekday, more "exotic" on the weekend.
Mon-Fri:
Breakfast@8am: smoothie=spinach, ice, decaf, cinammon, splenda, vanilla or chocolate pudding
Lunch@12pm: chicken or broc&chz soup w/veggies (mushrooms or broccoli) and salad w/evoo&apple cider vineger.
Snack@4pm: rhubarb & raspberry jello w/a tbsp WF marshmallow dip lately I've been also having kale chips w/WF bbq sauce (yum!)
Walk/Park@4:30pm: 2.7mi walk w/my son to the park (slow pace)
Dinner@8pm: 8oz protein, veggies (caul, brocc, celery)

Weekends:
Usually add in a "2-egg white recipe", either a crispy cereal pancake breakfast or crispy cereal & zucchini or rhubarb crumble snack.

I don't do any restricteds, also I drink A LOT of water and get in my full meat! I try to keep my "extras" to 6 servings or less (splenda, miracle noodles, WF). I have found some very delicious ways to get in my veggies - spinach smoothie, rhubarb, & kale chips are my faves I can see eating forever!

Last edited by LizRR; 04-22-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Afternoon All

Day 2 of IP and been OP without cheating not even a taste. Im so determined this. I have been making the drinks into smoothies just adding add and blending and the pudding I made and put in the freezer for dessert later. Hope all is well with everyone. Enjoy your day~
Good for you prettyone! There are so many creative ways to use the IP products so you never get bored.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #155  

Height: 5'3"

Tried Protidiet Peanut Surprise today and yum! It tasted delicious and the texture was perfect. I also tried the chocolate dream bar which is a little high in fat, but half of it is a good snack if I'm craving chocolate.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #156  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

UGH, have you ever had someone want to hold you down so bad? I debated on telling my sister about me joining IP. I decided to tell her and she has been so negative and keeps tell me to stop it. I have tried other methods and nothing works. It is directly because of my PCOS. IP is actually working and I don't know why she wants me off so bad. Our mother, who was extremely healthy and fit and thin, passed away at the ago of 36 from a heart attack. I am 30 and overweight, don't you think she would be 100% supportive of me? I am bound and determined to not give up and be my ideal weight by my birthday. I want to prove to myself that I can do it. It is so hard without any support in my life. I swear if it weren't for this board I would have gone and ate some ice cream (and I don't even like ice cream!!).

Thank you all so much. Just reading about ya'll victories or things in your life really helps me out.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good for you prettyone! There are so many creative ways to use the IP products so you never get bored.
Thank you Sewmam. I have seen so may recipes but dont want to overwhelm myself just trying to get things organized and make this work. Im just doing the simply things for right now. Once I get the hang of it look out all those yummy recipes I see I will be trying.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post
UGH, have you ever had someone want to hold you down so bad? I debated on telling my sister about me joining IP. I decided to tell her and she has been so negative and keeps tell me to stop it. I have tried other methods and nothing works. It is directly because of my PCOS. IP is actually working and I don't know why she wants me off so bad. Our mother, who was extremely healthy and fit and thin, passed away at the ago of 36 from a heart attack. I am 30 and overweight, don't you think she would be 100% supportive of me? I am bound and determined to not give up and be my ideal weight by my birthday. I want to prove to myself that I can do it. It is so hard without any support in my life. I swear if it weren't for this board I would have gone and ate some ice cream (and I don't even like ice cream!!).

Thank you all so much. Just reading about ya'll victories or things in your life really helps me out.
I told a very few people some gave positive responses some gave negative. Its so hard as it but then when you have negative people around it makes it seem harder. Im at this point Im determined to do this for me. I dont have time to entertain the negativity. Good Luck. And yes if it wasnt for the boards I would be eating the bag of chips and cookies and whatever else is in there lol.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #159  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

You are doing this for yourself, so it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Keep at it and you will be at your goal weight Keep coming back here for kind words and inspiration.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #160  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Thanks ladies. This is why I am so glad I found this board!!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #161  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:

Hi KM
sorry that your sis is giving you such a hard time. maybe she could google about IP and read all the positive info on it and she will back off. either way, I hope you stay on the program because as you can see fom this board and everyones tickers, it really does work. I know it would be helpful to have supportive people at home but we are all here for you. Hang in there.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiAngie75 View Post
Hi Chloe, oh I wish I wasn't overweight. I guess my lack of a more active lifestyle that I had when I was younger is gone. Playing with my kids and being active at school with my students, isn't the same as what I did in my early twenties. PCOS and Liver disease also. My liver isn't metabolizing apparently. Plus, my body seems to hang on to things, as I don't eat often enough. I guess all these things put together? I wish I knew 15 years ago, so I could pay attention to it. I started this on the 10th of April at 213pnds. I wish I was that thin person. 5'2 so nope.. very obese, according to the numbers!
I'm glad you found IP. We're here to help you get to your ideal weight and in that process, you'll get healthier day by day. Have a great Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Afternoon All

You are doing well! The drinks and puddings and soups are so easy to use, unrestricted and you'll find the weight falling off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
My menu stays pretty consistent during the weekday, more "exotic" on the weekend.
Mon-Fri:
Breakfast@8am: smoothie=spinach, ice, decaf, cinammon, splenda, vanilla or chocolate pudding
Lunch@12pm: chicken or broc&chz soup w/veggies (mushrooms or broccoli) and salad w/evoo&apple cider vineger.
Snack@4pm: rhubarb & raspberry jello w/a tbsp WF marshmallow dip lately I've been also having kale chips w/WF bbq sauce (yum!)
Walk/Park@4:30pm: 2.7mi walk w/my son to the park (slow pace)
Dinner@8pm: 8oz protein, veggies (caul, brocc, celery)

Weekends:
Usually add in a "2-egg white recipe", either a crispy cereal pancake breakfast or crispy cereal & zucchini or rhubarb crumble snack.

I don't do any restricteds, also I drink A LOT of water and get in my full meat! I try to keep my "extras" to 6 servings or less (splenda, miracle noodles, WF). I have found some very delicious ways to get in my veggies - spinach smoothie, rhubarb, & kale chips are my faves I can see eating forever!
I bet that slow 2.7 mile work is torching fat, truly. I need to walk more! Thanks for posting this.

Quote:

Please use all of us as your support system. A number of folks here have family members who are just not at all supportive so you aren't alone. Then we all have friends who seem supportive but as we lose weight and start looking good again, that friendly support, sometimes goes away. It's funny and sad. Then there are our real friends, who are happy we are doing something good and healthy for ourselves and they support us every step of the way. In a sense, these might be our real "family".

In any case, we're here for you!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-22-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #163  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Somebody posted about making kale chips with WF BBQ sauce...I just tried them and voila! They are great! One more way to get the nutritious kale into my diet...

Thanks to whoever posted it- you are a genius!
I posted that earlier this week, but had gotten it originally from the recipes thread. It gives a nice kick! I also sprinkle fajita seasoning, I grew up with that instead of s&p. I've been having them every day this week since I 1st tried them Mon! I made some for my in laws yesterday and they loved them, my husband too!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #164  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:

PLEASE stick to it. I also have found it much easier to not share with anyone that I am doing IP. I know how negative attitudes can affect your resolve. So ignore the nay-sayers. Just do it for yourself.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

When I first started IP, I didn't tell anybody. Maybe it was a fear that they would give me a negative response, I don't know. I just knew that my doctor said it was safe, and this was a chance to save my life. In time, I did tell people. Mostly supportive, as they could see the pounds coming off, but not effusive, and I knew it was something they would never do. There are so many opinions out there as to low carb/protein based diets, some of which are based on facts, some are just folklore. Before understanding it, I wouldn't have thought it sound either, based on what I had heard of the original Atkins where all you do is eat bacon and eggs. All I know is that IP worked for me, safely. Now my challenge is to maintain, and I'm just as determined to do that.

I did a bunch of cooking today, and made the BBQ Kale chips, then I made a flatbread with kale and garam masala and it was great. I use a soy or whey protein powder because I'm in Phase 4, but got the idea from the IP recipe threads for breads. I just don't put in the baking powder because I want it to stay flat and get crispy.

Then I cooked up a bag of frozen rhubarb and made a flatbread with that, adding stevia and cinnamon and it was incredible. Where have you been all my life??? I don't remember having rhubarb growing up and this is a new discovery for me. Then I threw in some strawberries and cooked them with the leftover rhubarb puree and made a sauce, some of which I'll put on my yogurt tonight, and some of which I made a homemade jello with, and it was incredible! I bet Phase 1 people could use some of the WF strawberry spread and get a similar result.

I am happy.
Closed Thread