Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

OK, I know some weeks there will be weight gain or the scales don't move - that is where I am at this week. My weight is the same as last week, but I had started switching to Alternatives last week and am afraid I might have screwed things up. Plus my coach told me that if I don't have bad breath I am not in Ketosis - well I have not had bad breath since I started this program 7 weeks agao so does that mean I have never been in Ketosis. I know some of you say that the sticks don't work is there any other signs I should be looking for to know if I am on track with Ketosis?? And also if you are doing alternatives - I watch the sugar, fat and carbs but what should my carbs be for ketosis? Sorry for all the questions but if I have gotten off the track I want back on fast!!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
OK, I know some weeks there will be weight gain or the scales don't move - that is where I am at this week. My weight is the same as last week, but I had started switching to Alternatives last week and am afraid I might have screwed things up. Plus my coach told me that if I don't have bad breath I am not in Ketosis - well I have not had bad breath since I started this program 7 weeks agao so does that mean I have never been in Ketosis. I know some of you say that the sticks don't work is there any other signs I should be looking for to know if I am on track with Ketosis?? And also if you are doing alternatives - I watch the sugar, fat and carbs but what should my carbs be for ketosis? Sorry for all the questions but if I have gotten off the track I want back on fast!!
I don't have bad breath most of the time and I'm sure I'm in ketosis...I've been 100% OP with IP products since day 1 and I've been losing weight and inches...I have also heard if your hands and feet are cold that is a sign of ketosis...also, I would imagine if you are restricting carbs the way IP says to there is no way you AREN'T in ketosis...
Old 04-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjo View Post
Oh something funny happened yesterday one of the contractors came in and I was walking down the hall and he says "hey your hair is flippy today you have alot of bounce to your hair." I said back " you mean to tell me that you noticed that my hair was flippy I have lost almost 30lbs and you notice my hair." He laughed and said "now that you mention it you have lost weight." guys are so funny sometimes.
That is hilarious!!! I just read this to my hubby and grandma (that lives with us) you had our whole house laughing! My hubby said see there it is be darn if you do and be darn if you don't. Then proceeded to put up a pretty good (well actually, very good) agrument for his statement. It was great and all thanks to you!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #64  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
The bad "ketosis breath" goes away after the first 3 weeks of Ketosis!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #65  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Back from week 8 WI..............down 2.0 pounds and 1.5 inches. I am finally in the 160's. Woo Hoo Almost half way to my goal!!!

Last edited by mooselover; 04-20-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Purging the pieces that are just too big was an amazing feeling. And since I never want to go back to where I was, I've also removed my safety net by getting rid of all the big stuff.

Also means I have fewer pieces to buy as I go along, and anything I do buy I make sure it's somewhat tight now so that I'll get more longevity out of it over time as I keep losing.

But the hope is that eventually, even the pieces I bought last weekend will have to go!
I am so proud of you!!!! I did the same thing with my clothes and that is what sent me back to getting serious with the program again. My new close were getting so tight and some were not fitting anymore. I told myself I will never buy bigger clothes again so I had to get serious, quit with the excuses and go 100% IP again. You are inspirational to me! Thank you.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecitme View Post
Good Morning!

I'm new - day 4 started a few hours ago - my second time around and I must say, quite motivated and excited now that I've found this site - you guys totally rock! I did the Tran Tien plan about a year ago, lost 40 pounds, no variety (actually, more lack of imagination than anything else!).

If my goal was to gain my weight back by falling back into old habits I would be able to say that I had been successful... Unfortunately that was NOT my goal!!

New start, new day, new to site - tell me how it can get any better than that!!

Have a great day everyone!
This is my second time around as well. Today will be my first day completely OP after about a month and a half of floundering around and gaining 15 of the 45 pounds I had lost back...ugh!! Good luck to you! The first week is the worst and you're halfway through that!

I am determined to stay 100% OP this time. I have to admit I did not do that last time and all it got me was disgusted with myself! Cheating is sooooo not worth it. I know it sounds cliched, but you really only hurt yourself by cheating. I speak from experience!! I did not listen and it started out with only a nibble here or there and ended up with full-fledged snack fest every evening.

So here is my pledge:
I will listen to the advice of my coach and you all on 3FC. I will NOT cheat and I will see this thing through to my goal. Also, I will read 3FC every morning as motivation.

Why do I have to be so hard-headed?? LOL!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #68  
Started IP 3/28/12

S/C/G: 140/128/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
I have been told to drink about half your body weight in ounces or 8 glasses a day. 100- 120 oz would work if your current weight is 200 - 240lbs. I would suggest you cut back on the water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
The Crystal Light contains aspartame which mimics a sugar reaction in your pancreas, hence why we're supposed to stay away. Will it impact weight loss? I'm sure enough of it could. But Mio's made with sucralose so that's already an advantage there.
So do you think if using MIO it would be ok to drink 3-4 glasses without slowing my weight loss?
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
Back from week 8 WI..............down 2.0 pounds and 1.5 inches. I am finally in the 160's. Woo Hoo Almost half way to my goal!!!
Awesome!!! Congrats on reaching mid-goal
Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedmund View Post
Hello all

I'm in week 2 & heading out of town. I have all my packets organized by day, so it will be a no brainier to stay on track!

BUT...I just realized I'm going to run out f my food log. Modes anyone have a PDF they can post of the journal? I searched the forum & the stickies for basic info & found everything, but that....although, I swear I saw it somewhere when I was reading all the stickies like a good newbie
Kedmund - if you are still around, I have attached a scan of the journal pages for you. Good luck on your trip!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Journal pages.pdf (434.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 267/261/164

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Afternoon - Introduction

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and I hope y'all don't mind me chiming in. I've been on IP since April 4, 2012, so I am a newbie at this. I had my second weigh in last night, down 2.2 pounds and 2+ inches. Having trouble getting in all the water and the meds. I hate taking pills, and these are giants. I bought a pill cutter, so I hope that helps.

Anywhooooooooooooooooo, you all are very inspiring and I hope to chat with you all soon.

Smooches,

GRITS
(Girl Raised in the South)
Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #72  
Started IP 3/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortcake224 View Post
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and I hope y'all don't mind me chiming in. I've been on IP since April 4, 2012, so I am a newbie at this. I had my second weigh in last night, down 2.2 pounds and 2+ inches. Having trouble getting in all the water and the meds. I hate taking pills, and these are giants. I bought a pill cutter, so I hope that helps.

Anywhooooooooooooooooo, you all are very inspiring and I hope to chat with you all soon.

Smooches,

GRITS
(Girl Raised in the South)
Im new too and also from this South! Louisiana , but now live in Colorado. Good luck!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #73  

Height: 5'6

Someone had asked about traveling tips yesterday and my phone died before I could reply. I just wanted to share some of my tricks. I like to put a pack of ip dill pickle zippers in a zip lock bag and munch on them through the day. This is especially helpful on planes when they come around with nuts or pretzels I get to munch on something while dh eats the snacks. I find I don't even need many just enough to take away that snack attack. Wuv told me once to buy a bottle of water take a few sips and add your mix. It really saves time and makes shakes more convenient instead if carrying around your shaker and having to clean it when your done. My final tip is become familiar with what 6-8 oz of chicken, beef or whatever looks like. I find alot if restaurants only give u about 4 oz of chicken so I'll split up my protein and add grilled chicken to my lunch salad to balance it out. I'm not very outspoken so I find it hard to make certain requests at restaurants but I am getting better. Good luck everyone!!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #74  

Default Sick of veggies

What do you do when mealtime comes and you feel like you absolutely cannot stand the sight of allowed vegetables? I just did without yesterday at noon.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #75  
Started IP 3/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by licaba View Post
Someone had asked about traveling tips yesterday and my phone died before I could reply. I just wanted to share some of my tricks. I like to put a pack of ip dill pickle zippers in a zip lock bag and munch on them through the day. This is especially helpful on planes when they come around with nuts or pretzels I get to munch on something while dh eats the snacks. I find I don't even need many just enough to take away that snack attack. Wuv told me once to buy a bottle of water take a few sips and add your mix. It really saves time and makes shakes more convenient instead if carrying around your shaker and having to clean it when your done. My final tip is become familiar with what 6-8 oz of chicken, beef or whatever looks like. I find alot if restaurants only give u about 4 oz of chicken so I'll split up my protein and add grilled chicken to my lunch salad to balance it out. I'm not very outspoken so I find it hard to make certain requests at restaurants but I am getting better. Good luck everyone!!
Just be careful pouring the IP drink mix in the bottle of water on a plane..... I ended up with chocolate mix all over the place!
Closed Thread