Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Arrow Has This Happened to You?

Last week when my sis and I ordered at our local clinic (MD Stat has only 11 IP clients) they were out of more than 4 of the popular food items. They said an order was expected any day and that we could bring back substituted items. My sis who got 1 week of items (I got two) called one day before her appointment and was told the order has still not come in, that they also have no vitamins, and very little selection to choose from. They are still saying that the order is expected any day.

Has your clinic experienced delays in getting food orders? As busy as our clinic is for medical patients, I think they just ordered late because our coach is so crazy busy. Sure maybe this is a one-time thing but with difficult access to our coach with sometimes days before an answer we are wondering if we should change clinics - the other is 10 miles further and we don't know if they have short staffing issues there too.
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

you r in Maryland (MD)?

what location is this?
KBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Sacramento California
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

oh okay I misread your MD Stat reference....
KBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Yes
By the time shipments come my coach can be running pretty low. I make sure to buy extra. I like variety anyway, and know I will always like the vanilla pudding as a shake...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

We email our order in days ahead to my coach so she knows before our appointments to weigh in. They have always had everything I order and I've noticed before on their sign that they were sold out of an item but when I asked what that was all about my coach said thats for those who didn't place their order ahead of time and ordered at their weigh in.
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
Last week when my sis and I ordered at our local clinic (MD Stat has only 11 IP clients) they were out of more than 4 of the popular food items. They said an order was expected any day and that we could bring back substituted items. My sis who got 1 week of items (I got two) called one day before her appointment and was told the order has still not come in, that they also have no vitamins, and very little selection to choose from. They are still saying that the order is expected any day.

Has your clinic experienced delays in getting food orders? As busy as our clinic is for medical patients, I think they just ordered late because our coach is so crazy busy. Sure maybe this is a one-time thing but with difficult access to our coach with sometimes days before an answer we are wondering if we should change clinics - the other is 10 miles further and we don't know if they have short staffing issues there too.
The place that I go to has a huge volume (around 400 IPers) so they always have plenty of product. They did, however, go up on their prices and charge 9% tax. So Saturday I ordered from buyproteinfood.com. Free shipping on any order, and the prices are what I started out paying at my clinic ($27/box, $4.00/individual packet), and NO TAX. I got my order yesterday. It was sent Priority Mail for FREE! They are out Georgia, so it may take a little longer to get to California. Anyway, if I were you, I'd order occasionally from my clinic and get everything else from The Protein Store.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
The place that I go to has a huge volume (around 400 IPers) so they always have plenty of product. They did, however, go up on their prices and charge 9% tax. So Saturday I ordered from buyproteinfood.com. Free shipping on any order, and the prices are what I started out paying at my clinic ($27/box, $4.00/individual packet), and NO TAX. I got my order yesterday. It was sent Priority Mail for FREE! They are out Georgia, so it may take a little longer to get to California. Anyway, if I were you, I'd order occasionally from my clinic and get everything else from The Protein Store.
I looked at The Protein Store and get the impression that this is a temporary site. On the about us page, it said they are discontinuing use of the program and need to get rid of existing stock.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

We have to place our order 3 days in advance of our weekly appointment to make sure we get our items. Otherwise there's no guarantee. However, they have dozens of vitamins and supplements on hand... Usually they worry about running out of the popular items...so far this hasn't happen to me.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I looked at The Protein Store and get the impression that this is a temporary site. On the about us page, it said they are discontinuing use of the program and need to get rid of existing stock.
Within the paperwork that came yesterday with my order was a message that they are getting new products next week. I don't think the products are new to IP, just new to The Protein Store. They are also putting out an enewsletter, and they sent me a code to use on my next order, so I'm not really sure what's going on.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post

You can always order IP on eBay. I've done it many times. There's a woman on there who sells IP, she has everything in stock and it's $25 a box with no shipping charges.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 257.8/179.8/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0606 View Post
Within the paperwork that came yesterday with my order was a message that they are getting new products next week. I don't think the products are new to IP, just new to The Protein Store. They are also putting out an enewsletter, and they sent me a code to use on my next order, so I'm not really sure what's going on.
There actually is a new IP product coming out. It should have been available to the coaches last week. It was some kind of chowder - like substance...
ChubbyCherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #13  

Default New Product

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyCherub View Post
There actually is a new IP product coming out. It should have been available to the coaches last week. It was some kind of chowder - like substance...
I found it! Chicken a la King flavored Pottage. What's Pottage?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #14  
Restart date: 01.07.2013

Height: 5'4"

I order from The Protein Store as well since I no longer go to a clinic (they were a MD office w/no real IP support...just a $$ maker for them). TPS has excellent service and your products come very fast. I highly recommend them.
mommyIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyIP View Post
I order from The Protein Store as well since I no longer go to a clinic (they were a MD office w/no real IP support...just a $$ maker for them). TPS has excellent service and your products come very fast. I highly recommend them.
I highly recommend them as well. I just placed my second order, and I got a 10% discount in addition to no tax and free shipping!