3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/17/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/257116-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-4-17-12-a.html)

Sewmam 04-17-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billster (Post 4296754)
Happy Tuesday everyone! I’m just getting into work to start my 6th of 11 night shifts in a row (gross!) A little disappointed with my WI into day, only down 2lbs but its still 2 lbs. My system is all a mess right now as I normally WI first thing in the morning before I eat and this one was still first thing in the morning BUT I worked all night so it was the end of the day for me. I threw out a pile of clothing the other day, it sure felt good but now I don’t have much to wear and I really don’t want to buy anything new until I’m at my goal. 33 days till our wedding!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! You'll be beautiful !!!

Sewmam 04-17-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakin (Post 4296964)
Good morning I P family!

Good news / Bad news today.

Bad first... I don't think I got all my veggies in yesterday.... I hope it doesn't ruin my loss this week. and the reason why is...

My good news! My DD delivered a baby girl yesterday! (so, I was at hospital all day, which is why not as many veggies as I should have. But I did drink a lot of water and went to the cafe and had the worst hamburger patty and overcooked cauliflower ever - in an attempt to stay OP!)
Welcome to Aubrey Grace!!!

Congratulations Grandma!!!!

Cadu 04-17-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Good morning I P family!

My good news! My DD delivered a baby girl yesterday! (so, I was at hospital all day, which is why not as many veggies as I should have. But I did drink a lot of water and went to the cafe and had the worst hamburger patty and overcooked cauliflower ever - in an attempt to stay OP!)

Congrats That is wonderful news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe222 (Post 4297013)

I exercise a lot but am going to start "Callanetics" today. It will sculpt your body into a ballet dancer's shape and once the fat layer is burned off, voila!, an especially attractive shape (at least in my eyes). Take a look at Callanetics (goolge it), its wonderful for anyone who wants to do low impact and get fast and sustainable results.

Other news: Had my 10th WI this morning and down 3.6 pounds. Very happy about that. You can see the previous 2 weeks were pretty minimal (.5 and 1.3) so my body is catching up, as I knew it would. That makes 25 pounbds in 10 weeks, halfway there!

Any advice from those who have done this successfully is much appreciated.

Thanks Chloe I will check into to callanetics and congrats on the WI yaaaaaaaaaaaay

mooselover 04-17-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Good morning I P family!

Bad first... I don't think I got all my veggies in yesterday.... I hope it doesn't ruin my loss this week. and the reason why is...

Congratulations!!! That was an exciting day :)

mooselover 04-17-2012 11:10 AM

Good morning everyone. I sure am glad I read the posts this morning. I have been on a bit of a slow go with my weight loss the last few weeks. It is nice to see I am not the only one :) I was beginning to think I was going to have to get used to low losses each week, and I may have to, but reading the posts helped my spirits a little. Maybe my losses will jump back up to 3 lbs a week soon enough.

DanafromAustin 04-17-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billster (Post 4296754)
Happy Tuesday everyone! I’m just getting into work to start my 6th of 11 night shifts in a row (gross!) A little disappointed with my WI into day, only down 2lbs but its still 2 lbs. My system is all a mess right now as I normally WI first thing in the morning before I eat and this one was still first thing in the morning BUT I worked all night so it was the end of the day for me. I threw out a pile of clothing the other day, it sure felt good but now I don’t have much to wear and I really don’t want to buy anything new until I’m at my goal. 33 days till our wedding!

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding...

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4296831)
I can't wait to hear about your wedding! Keep up the hard work. I'm worried I wont loose this week. Its just the doubt in the back of my hear. 2 pounds is great. Especially working the tough schedule you have. Nights are tough! I know when I didn't get enough sleep I would eat more. So you're obviously working it.

I stayed up late mast night and didn't eat after dinner. Something I always did in the past.

The 3rd, and sometimes the 4th week are notorious for smaller weight losses because you generally loose so much the first two weeks. Your body just needs to catch it's breath before moving on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3sisters (Post 4296856)
Good Morning everyone!

I don't weigh in until Friday, and have been staying 100% OP, but I feel like I'm not budging this week for some reason. Yesterday someone mentioned that even though they are not restricted, the turnip/rutabaga fries are higher in carbs and may slow weight loss so I'm wondering if it could be that - since that's one of my go-to favorites! I also went back to 1 restricted a day - last week I did NO restricteds and my loss was better - 3 lbs. Has anyone found that even though restricteds are allowed 1/day, that it tends to slow weight loss? Wuv, I know you have said you have had restricteds from day 1, and Sewmam, I don't remember seeing you comment on this - but would be interested to know from you and others who have been super successful on IP. During your journeys did you have any tricks for kick-starting things when they seemed to slow?

I have had a bar everyday since day one, and I'm happy with my weight loss.

Quote:

Good morning I P family!

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! :carrot:

Back from my WI and down another 2 pounds and 1 inch. That brings me to 82 pounds and 49 1/2 inches at exactly 7 months today. :carrot::carrot:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mysticaldreamzz 04-17-2012 11:26 AM

Congrats on the loss Dana!

natalie70 04-17-2012 11:39 AM

Good morning to you all. Just got back from the gym, glad to get that out of the way, gonna be busy today. My son has a track meet today. His events are in the beginning and the last parts of the day. At least it will be nice 70*. Hope the wind stays away. Hope you all have a great OP day.

nimmer1991 04-17-2012 11:48 AM

Morning everyone,

I'm on day 4, and happy about it. I've been really good, ((Though lord knows its been hard)), I'm actually impressed with myself. I work as a daycare teacher and yesterday they had snack twice, once it was a slice of bread with peanut butter, and a waffle with butter and syrup later. It smelled sooooooo good. I felt like I was starving, but I was so good and didn't even lick the knife!

Today is my day off and I'm grateful, its so much easier to stick to a normal schedule and plan when I'm not stuck somewhere. My work also make it difficult because the kids go to bed and 8 and I have to stay awake till 11 when parents pick them up. Thats a lot of time to give in to boredom eating, but I was good. Reading this forum helped, and drinking my water. Truelly this site has been a surrogate coach until I get to actually meet her on friday. Maybe I should look into puzzles or something for when I'm at work. Thoughts?

Thank you everyone, hope your day is wonderful:)

-Lindsey

wuv2bloved 04-17-2012 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Good morning I P family!

Well Congrats on that new baby!!...I think you did great considering you had all of that going on. You will be fine, just make sure to eat your veggies today :) and enjoy that baby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4296986)
GM IPeeps.... well my first WI is this eve... and Im nervous. I dont get nervous easily... more like anxiously excited. I will admit to my mind playin
tricks on me. Im worried about not seeing a notable weight loss for my first weigh in.

I want to see a 7-10lbs loss. I will smile at a 5-7lbs loss. I will be pissed at anything under 5 lbs. BUT I will look fwd to working harder....

sigh.... wishing everyone successful WI's.

YOU MY DEAR, need to be HAPPY about ANY LOSS you have, BIG or SMALL.....the first week on this program is hard and you stuck through it!!...NEVER EVER be disappointed in ANY Losses no matter the amount. EVERYONE losses different...BE HAPPY with the results you get never disappointed!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe222 (Post 4297013)

I tell my husband about some of the people here, showed him Wuv's pics (he agrees she's gorgeous, hear that Wuv? It's unanimous!)

Awwww thank you!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsChill (Post 4297128)
Does anyone have the most recent Phase 1 Worksheet? Reason I ask is I would like to confirm whether green cabbage is allowed or not. I thought it was but being online this morning I saw one worksheet that said red, bok choy and one other one only.

Yes, green cabbage is allowed. It may not be on your sheet but it is allowed. I will attach the sheet that I have for you

Good morning everyone, just got back from the Dentist for my 6 month check up....they FREAKED out!...haha...I walked in and their mouths dropped...lol....They were like OMG you have SHRANK....lol...I said yes I shrank 150lbs then they REALLY freaked out. I can now sit in the dentist chair and FIT....no flop over the sides!!....my hygentist said....girl it is so weird to see you FIT in the chair, its a good thing but its still weird.....lol...my teeth are health and much cleaner than usual she said. I asked her about which gum is the best to chew and she said really anything sugarfree, I also asked the dentist and he said the same thing SO I will continue to chew my Extra!...he said your teeth are pretty and white so keep doing what you are doing :)

wuv2bloved 04-17-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimmer1991 (Post 4297278)
Morning everyone,

I'm on day 4, and happy about it. I've been really good, ((Though lord knows its been hard)), I'm actually impressed with myself. I work as a daycare teacher and yesterday they had snack twice, once it was a slice of bread with peanut butter, and a waffle with butter and syrup later. It smelled sooooooo good. I felt like I was starving, but I was so good and didn't even lick the knife!

Today is my day off and I'm grateful, its so much easier to stick to a normal schedule and plan when I'm not stuck somewhere. My work also make it difficult because the kids go to bed and 8 and I have to stay awake till 11 when parents pick them up. Thats a lot of time to give in to boredom eating, but I was good. Reading this forum helped, and drinking my water. Truelly this site has been a surrogate coach until I get to actually meet her on friday. Maybe I should look into puzzles or something for when I'm at work. Thoughts?

Thank you everyone, hope your day is wonderful:)

-Lindsey

Get a good book to read, do a puzzle, cross words, search a words, anything to keep your mind working and distracted. I get on here, this is my distraction....lol

Andie0606 04-17-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsChill (Post 4297128)
Does anyone have the most recent Phase 1 Worksheet? Reason I ask is I would like to confirm whether green cabbage is allowed or not. I thought it was but being online this morning I saw one worksheet that said red, bok choy and one other one only.

The dietician at my clinic said yes to green cabbage.

nimmer1991 04-17-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4297286)
Get a good book to read, do a puzzle, cross words, search a words, anything to keep your mind working and distracted. I get on here, this is my distraction....lol

Thanks, yeah I should start painting again or something. The last three days have only been possible by reading this forum :)

wuv2bloved 04-17-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nimmer1991 (Post 4297307)
Thanks, yeah I should start painting again or something. The last three days have only been possible by reading this forum :)

I am not going to lie, I am addicted to this site VERY much BUT its a good addiction to have, its healthy, helping others, learning a lot of knowledge AND its FREE (except you have to pay for the internet....haha)PLUS you get to meet people from all over kind of on the same journey as you. Now you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE...others are going through some of the same stuff as YOU :) :hug:

naysha6 04-17-2012 12:11 PM

Nausea

Yesterday i had the worst night since being on IP for 3 weeks. I tried rhubard for the first time. I also ate some zucchini and a pork chop. Before I could finish my evening meal I threw it up. :( I forgot to mention that it is TOM. I noticed that since TOM has been here I havent had much of an appetite. Now I'm wondering if I got nauseated because of the rhubard, TOM, or eating a sizable meal after eating light all day? I only tasted a tiny bit of the rhubard so I dont think it was a lot to get me sick. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have a good IP week everyone!

Starting wt: 233
Wk #1 -4
Wk #2 -5