Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 150/149/130

Height: 5'3

Default Bloating

Hello
Just finished my first week and no cheating!!!!!! Just wondering if its normal to get so blaoted throughout the day. I wake up every morning really excited at how loose my pants feel but by bedtime they are tight again????? Anyone else experience this????
Old 04-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Just got home from my second weigh in, down another -3.8 pounds, I'm going to call it an even 4 pounds since I had clothes on

Have a great IP day all!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

kelly, DH is on IP as well and he does 5 packs a day while I do 4, and I have more to lose than him. Having said that, it's based on percentage of lean tissue, etc., so he likely wouldn't have to start at 5 from the get go. Then again, if he's built and needs to maintain that muscle mass he may NEED 5 packs.

It's so individualized it's hard to really know. Sorry that's not too much help!

Also noticed that you were loving the turnip. Good stuff, eh? My one caution would be that it is one of the more carb-y veggies that we're allowed so I'd say be cautious with how much you have OR would suggest not having it too close to weigh in day. I learned this lesson from another friend who's doing IP and every time she'd have turnips she'd notice a huge drop on the ketostix she was doing and so she's stopped altogether.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 169/169/125

Height: 5'6"

I am in day 5 of IP and I am sooooo crabby,anyone esle feel this?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 239lbs 2nd x 193/ticker/155

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! Busy, busy weekend and another busy week.....does it ever end??

I noticed that lately, especially last week, I have not been getting all my veggies in. This week, I have planned ahead for each day of the week so I know what veggies I will be eating. I am going to try to manage my time better (what little there is of it) and make sure that I am not going out for lunch and just getting grilled chicken salads....need more veggies for lunch than just a salad!
Congratulations, on planning ahead and being prepared!!! In the past whenever I had a hard time it always came back to being unprepared and lack of planning on my part. Keep up the good work and helpful reminders for us all.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 338.6/218/210

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Hey IPers, not a great start off to the day, my little man woke up crying with a sore ear. Took him to the clinic and said it is fluid, so just keep with the advil and tylenol. Crazy that fluid can cause so much pain. He has been so sick, catching every bug it seems he comes across.

Tried the turnip fries for lunch and they were great, can't wait for supper so I can have more. Still staying OP with no problem, and still loving this program....I keep thinking I wish I found it years ago.

Question for any men on here or any ladies that know, wondering if men get an extra IP pack a day in phase 1? My husband is thinking of trying it, but not sure if he gets extra being a male and all LOL. He only needs to loose some belly fat maybe 10-15 lbs. He is very buff other than that, lifts weights 5 days a week. If anyone knows, would love to hear from you.

Have a fantastic IP day everyone.
There is an Athlete version of the protocol. I started on 3 and went to 4packs a day. If he works out he is going to need the 4th one for the protien.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning everyone, sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend including myself! I got a little sun yesterday chillin gout by the pool with some friends and gloating at the same time....ha. One of my neighbors is a friend whom has always been Jealous of me even when I was bigger came to the pool as well yesterday. She doesn't have a very high self esteem, and I am the opposite. Even when I was bigger I would go to the pool in my bathing suit, I was OK with how I looked. Now my self esteem is "**** yea I look good"...hahaha....Well I am much smaller than she is and have a cute bathing suit, she has a not so cute one and she said crap I need to get on your diet cuz you are looking 'Hot'.....lol...I said I told you how to do it you just gotta follow it. She said I know but I don't have your will power, you are super woman when it comes to that stuff. I told her you don't want it bad enough or you would have it as well. We went out to dinner last night, she tagged along and got the same as me....A chef salad with Mahi Mahi (sp) with no dressing. After we were done she said GEEZE I am full...I said now you think I don't eat? she said but I would of enjoyed a shrimp po boy....I said of course you would have, I would have too but that shrimp bo boy isn't good for you and neither are the fries that come with it...she said I KNOW I KNOW....I gotta change my way of thinking.....lol...I just saw her and she said Man I feel good this morning, I don't know what it is...I told jer you had a healthy meal last night that is what it is. She said wanna go have another salad for lunch?....lol....maybe this will work after all......lol
I have followed your progress since approx July 2011. I do alot of silent IPeeping. I'm a 2nd timer and have to say you have always kept me saying to myself do not give up I can do this. There will always be excuses, wuv2bloved has excuses also, but she just chooses to not let them stop her. It's time for me to CHOOSE not to let excuses get in my way. Thank you for the part you have played in my life.

I am thankful for everyones comment, helpful hints, recipes, etc. Each of you play a roll in my success, even all of you newbies remind me of where I come from, how confusing things were at first and how much I need everyone help and kindness. You are all a wonderful team to be a part of!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #53  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Question for any men on here or any ladies that know, wondering if men get an extra IP pack a day in phase 1? My husband is thinking of trying it, but not sure if he gets extra being a male and all LOL. He only needs to loose some belly fat maybe 10-15 lbs. He is very buff other than that, lifts weights 5 days a week. If anyone knows, would love to hear from you.
I'm looking at the 'Phase 1 Diet Plan' outline that I was given when I signed up at my clinic three weeks ago. I'm on 4 IP protein food items/day (Breakfast/Lunch/3pm snack/and Before Bed) and I'm allowed a salted snack as well 3 hours after dinner (only if needed - I've rarely eaten that, once I got past the initial week). If I get hungry between breakfast and lunch, I'm supposed to eat 1/2 of my 3pm snack, and finish the other 1/2 at 3pm. On my sheet it says that men would be allowed to have a full bar mid-morning and again at 3pm. So that would be 1 extra IP protein item allowed me... if I were a male. According to this sheet I'm to follow this plan until 90% of my weight-loss goal is achieved. I'm not sure why I'm on 4 IP items/day whereas it seems many of the posters here are on 3... after doing the weight & body composition tests, etc., she did say I have good muscle mass - maybe the 4 IP packets are required to make sure I maintain it?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #54  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Hi all -
Had a challenging weekend - went out of town to Cleveland with DH and did great on the drive there, had a packet and dry salad at Wendy's with salt/pepper as I'd forgotten my WF dressing, but at dinner he had the "Chili Pepper (Red Hot!)" tasting menu in honor of the Rock and Roll HOF induction ceremonies, and he got the wine pairing. My dinner choices were good - mussels and steak and brussels and mushrooms, but I sipped a little of his wine and ate half his dessert. Whoops.

Did fine the rest of the weekend, we were there for a food show - (I KNOW!!??!! (he's a chef)) and I did really well on not eating anything I shouldn't during the show but but it was hard to get in enough water as I drank my first bottle and then the water station was out of bottled water. Lots of stuff I didn't want to drink, so I held off until we were in the car and had my own water on the way home. Piled on the veg when we got home for dinner - had enough tastes of protein during the day at the show...

Back 100% OP since we got home - hoping my indiscretion doesn't hit me too badly (WI is tomorrow), and I'm definitely committed to being 100% OP from here on in. It just isn't worth it...
Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #55  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Hello All,
Well here I am again. Restarting again. I need to stick to my routine (which includes coming to the blog and checking in) because that is what i really need to stay on plan. I was very successful the first time around (50 lbs) so i know i can do it, i just have to remind myself every day that i am worth it. I don't need the candy, i need to be healthy.

Thank you for all the support you provide on this blog. Good Luck Everyone.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

I finally had to break down and buy some metamucle this morning, not going to the bathroom for 3 days at a time is not good for my IBS! I hope this works. I can't believe I'm constapated after all those greens I'm eating...
Old 04-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 209.6/158/140

Height: 5 foot 6

[QUOTE=LizRR;4295754]That is AWESOME! I just moved from Obese -> Overweight last WI and am looking forward to when I move on down the scale myself. Congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment!

GOOD JOB TO YOU TOO!! thats great i remember when i went from obese to overweight i was so excited!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Default 2nd day on IP

It is my 2nd day on IP, I didn't sleep very well last night kept waking up one minute sweating the next cold. Then around 10:00 this morning I felt very nausated for about 1 1/2 hours, just drank more water it eventually went away. Has anyone experienced this in the beginning while on IP? Other than that I have stuck to the diet / no cheating. I find eating the veggies hard as I was not a big veggie person to begin with. I will take it 1 day at a time as I want to keep on this diet to take off 50 - 60 pounds.
Great feedback on this board helps keep us on the straight and narrow.
Good luck with all your WI this week.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Hello All,
Well here I am again. Restarting again. I need to stick to my routine (which includes coming to the blog and checking in) because that is what i really need to stay on plan. I was very successful the first time around (50 lbs) so i know i can do it, i just have to remind myself every day that i am worth it. I don't need the candy, i need to be healthy.

Thank you for all the support you provide on this blog. Good Luck Everyone.
Welcome back! I'm a 2nd timer as well. Hang in there, we can do it! Look at all of the support we have out here it's wonderful! I remember how good I felt while I was eating right and I'm already starting to feel it again, as I'm sure you are probably experiening. If not, at least mentally we know we are taking care of our body's and that's a good feeling. Stay healthy, we can all do it!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #60  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Lace and Levis.
I totally agree about feelign better. I feel like crap when i went off and starting eating candy again. It just goes to show that our bodies do not want that stuff. i am looking forward to feeling better.
Thanks for the support. We can do this.
Closed Thread