Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyGirl2414 View Post
I feel ya 2leftfeet! I live in a small town as well, fortunately A big portion of the town is well aware of what Ideal Protein is. A HUUUUGE portion of the women in the town tried it when it first got here. - and A HUUUUGE portion of women lasted a few weeks and bashed it.

I'm PROUD I'm on the diet. I'm on my 6th week and have lots 25lbs and 20 some inches. It hasn't been easy, but I'm very PROUD that i'm sticking to it, and looking in the mirror and falling in love with the person that's staring back at me for the first time in a long time.

In this town most of the people don't remember the name of Ideal Protein.. they refer to it as "The Spa Diet" as its a spa that sells it here. And as soon as they realize my success is from the "Spa Diet" i'm lectured on how "unhealthy it is" and how "So and so got so sick and could have died on it" and etc etc etc. No one's proud of me for sticking to it except for my immediate family, everyone frowns when I bring it up. So I've been basically keeping it a secret but now my weight is noticable and people are asking what I'm doing. As soon as I say how i'm losing it they go "oh no, that's not good at all!! You're going to make yourself soo sick! Go see a doc!" And its frustrating because these are people that know nothing about the diet, and just judge based on silly rumors that have went around town and I instantly have the fight attitude up and want to stand up for the Ideal Protein name. But no one gets it.

It really bugs me that I can't openly talk to people about it. I feel guilty about being happy for my success because as soon as I am - I get lectured. It's frustrating!

FYI NO one got seriously sick and "almost died" from the diet in this town.
THank you so much!!!! I totally agree about not being about to openly talk about it. And the lecturing.......I know the feeling.
Oh well I guess for now it will just have to continue to motivate us!!!
2leftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I tell people about ip. I look great...if they aren't willing to do what I do it's not my fault! Many fiends have joined ip. Most have had success!
I have read many low carb books, why we get fat, wheat belly, good calories bad calories. I truly believe low carb no wheat no sugar more fat is the right way to eat
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Wuv... I am inspired just looking at your pictured
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/128

Height: 5'3

I have noticed that criticism and the need to knock other's down stems from insecurity. The best thing you can do for yourself and the other person is stay true to what you want for yourself.

Your courage to go after your ideal self image should be inspiring and freeing to those around you who are in a positive mental space themselves.

You should be proud that you took responsibility for your own health. You decided to do this diet, and are succeeding wonderfully!!!!

This quote has gotten me through many hard times:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Marianne Williamson "Return to Love"

Keep up the amazing work and let your light shine!

-Victoria
efrikanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

So interesting to read about all the advice people give on this plan being unhealthy.

I ave a friend who is 6 feet tall and must weigh about 350.

She is in her early 60s and have very bad knees and a heart condition. She badly needs knee replacements she is in terrible pain. But the surgeon is reluctant to do it because because of her weight and heart condition.

When I had lost weight on IP another friend called and said she hoped I wouldn't mind but she had told "C" about the plan I was on and told her she should call me.

She said the surgeon had told C he would schedule the knee replacements in March which would give her time to get at least some weight off.

The next time I saw C she did ask about IP. So I explained about the program. As soon as I said no grains she was appalled.

She said I shouldn't be doing this plan, no grains was very unhealthy.

On the Christmas break both these friends came by for dinner. I had my usual IP evening meal veggies and meat plus potatoes for them and for hubby who has no weight issues.

The other friend brought shortbread for hubby which I put to one side. As we were chatting and having the nice meal I forgot about the shortbread. I got coffee and C asked me if I could please put out the shortbread too. She must have been anticipating it all through the meal and I had totally forgotten it.

Anyway, March has come and gone and she has not had a call about the surgery. I know the surgeon is very reluctant to risk it.

As it happened my hubby needed very serious surgery this past week. He was up on his feet surprisingly quickly and we both thought of C and what a tremendously difficult time recovery would be for her.

WUv's post about her cousin made me think of that. It is amazing when someone is facing life or death situations they say not eating grains is too risky.

While I was in the hospital watching hubby get up and around after his surgery I was thinking C could have lost a huge amount of weight of by now and would likely have had her knee replacements.

But we can't make decisions for other people we can only monitor our own health. And not pay attention to uninformed opinions.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrikanprincess View Post

This quote has gotten me through many hard times:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Marianne Williamson "Return to Love"

Keep up the amazing work and let your light shine!

-Victoria
Nice quote! When we truly love ourselves, we love life and it radiates out from us to others. No matter what diet program you are on, this will get you through it. So many of us are reliving the tapes of our childhood and even our adulthood, telling us that we are stupid, lazy, worthless, etc., because of our weight. I say 'nuts to all that!' Let's make a new tape with all the love in the world in it!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I tell people about ip. I look great...if they aren't willing to do what I do it's not my fault! Many fiends have joined ip. Most have had success!
I have read many low carb books, why we get fat, wheat belly, good calories bad calories. I truly believe low carb no wheat no sugar more fat is the right way to eat
Hey Mom- everytime I see one of your posts and see your weight lifting icon, I think that's what I want, to be strong, healthy, able to lift tall buildings...the whole gamut. If she can do it, so can I! Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #23  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Nice quote! When we truly love ourselves, we love life and it radiates out from us to others. No matter what diet program you are on, this will get you through it. So many of us are reliving the tapes of our childhood and even our adulthood, telling us that we are stupid, lazy, worthless, etc., because of our weight. I say 'nuts to all that!' Let's make a new tape with all the love in the world in it!
Sewmam, you have amazing insight. I just love your posts.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Sewmam, you have amazing insight. I just love your posts.
aw shucks....thanks!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

So many of us are reliving the tapes of our childhood and even our adulthood, telling us that we are stupid, lazy, worthless, etc., because of our weight. I say 'nuts to all that!' Let's make a new tape with all the love in the world in it!

[COLOR="rgb(112, 128, 144)"]

This is so true! I told someone the other day that I've lived half my life overweight but I can live the next half of my life in control and healthy - 100% everyday!
[/COLOR]
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote