3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Phase 3 - HELP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256954-ideal-protein-phase-3-help.html)

ggg0959 04-14-2012 04:10 PM

Ideal Protein Phase 3 - HELP

Will be starting Phase 3 on Wed. Getting very nervous.
Please post some sample breakfast menus and any other tips. Also, do lunch and dinner stay the same?
I have lost 25 lbs. since Jan 5th and I do not want to mess up.
Coach is not very helpful. I feel as though she is just a salesperson for the products.
Anything I have learned, about Ideal Protein, is from this amazing website and the people who are willing to share.
Also, supplements are getting expensive. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Sewmam 04-14-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggg0959 (Post 4293640)
Will be starting Phase 3 on Wed. Getting very nervous.
Please post some sample breakfast menus and any other tips. Also, do lunch and dinner stay the same?
I have lost 25 lbs. since Jan 5th and I do not want to mess up.
Coach is not very helpful. I feel as though she is just a salesperson for the products.
Anything I have learned, about Ideal Protein, is from this amazing website and the people who are willing to share.
Also, supplements are getting expensive. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hang in there, you can do it. If there's anything lacking in IP's approach, I am thinking the phaseout process could use more specifics, more help. I love this program, but found the phaseout incredibly stressful, and I have a great coach. I'm still in the first few weeks of Phase 4, so the stress is still fresh in my memory.

So, what I suggest is searching for "Phase 3" threads. I was in a panic awhile back and started one myself, and several people posted what they have for breakfast. I still get excited to get up in the morning just because I can have breakfast!

I will search the boards too for the worksheet they are supposed to give you, that helps you calculate the grams of fat/carbs/protein and calories. If you already have it, let me know. Worst case, I'll write one up for you and email it to you.

You will really enjoy this, and you don't necessarily gain weight on it either. They say this is the time when the pancreas is reawakened, so you can expect a couple pounds gain as the glycogen stores are recreated too, but it's not fat. I gained a pd the first week but lost it and more the second week. Some folks continue to loose.

Lunch and dinner are the same as Phase 2, i.e., animal protein at both meals, 2 cups of vegees at both meals. In Phase 4, you can have unlimited vegees!!! ;)

Good luck, and let me know if you can't find the threads...

added: here's the one I started.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-3-a.html

There's also one with 'life after phase 1' in the title that I didn't find until after I created mine - it's very long but has tons of stuff in it.

New Englander 04-14-2012 05:38 PM

You'll do fine!!! Glad to have another person with me on this journey! Sewmam just finished P3 March 26 so we're right on her heels!!! :)

In addition to what Sewmam said check out "Life After Phase 1"...everything in P3 is the same as P2 except for breakfast.

This is what I have. Sara Lee whole wheat bread, 2 slices equal a serving and are 25 grams of carbs (and this should be less than 30 grams). I put one tbsp of Smuckers natural peanut butter on them and one medium banana. Then to complete my breakfast I eat one slice of low fat swiss cheese!

The above breakfast meets all the p3 breakfast requirements, which are...
* Total breakfast calories must be 400 - 500 calories. (I usually fall below 400 and my coach said that is okay...who knows??? :))
* Total Dairy calories must be <120 calories (I get this from my cheese choice) You can do cheese, milk, yogurt etc.
* Total breakfast fat must be <15 grams of fat (I choose some low fat items (cheese, cream cheese, and splurge on peanut butter). If everything I ate was whole fat I wouldn't be able to have as much and may not meet all the other requirements)
* Total breakfast protein must be > 25 grams of protein (This adds up quickly and can exceed 25. Protein is in almost every breakfast food you chose.)

* Total Carbs from grain must be <30 grams (for example, Sara Lee Whole Wheat two slices is a serving and has 25 grams and is perfect. Country Kitchen Whole Wheat one slice is a serving size and has 21 grams...I'd rather have two slices than one so I eat Sara Lee.)
* Total Carbs from fruit must be <20 (for example, if you google a banana, a medium will show approximately 27 grams which is too much for breakfast...bananas are very high in carbs...but since I bought a bunch of bananas I'm going to finish what I have and then google low carb fruit and start eating those (plus what's on sale, 'cause fruit can be expensive)).

Does this help or make it more confusing???

Keep asking questions and anyone feel free to correct anything I may have mistyped... TY!

Sewmam 04-14-2012 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't find the worksheet on the forum, but I did find one on my clinic website. Not sure if they wrote it or IP did, but here you go...

It helped me to do it in pencil and try different combos until the numbers added up right. Then, after a week or so, I made index cards with my favorites and put them on the refrigerator, so in the morning, I can grab one and make a quick breakfast without thinking too hard. You will end up reading every label on everything you buy, to see what the counts are and what you can have. There are also tons of nutrition tables on-line so you can look up stuff that isn't packaged, like fresh fruit or bulk oatmeal, etc.

Breakfast is the greatest thing since sliced bread...pun intended!

ggg0959 04-15-2012 05:28 PM

Phase 3

Thank you for responding so quickly.
All your tips are great and will try to continue with this diet.
I have seen such good results for me, I would not want to go backwards.
I now know I have a support team and if I need more help, it's good to know that others know what I feel.

New Englander 04-15-2012 07:52 PM

No problem. Glad you feel in more control! This site has been provided me with so much helpful information! :) It's nice to know there's always someone here to help!