3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Sabotage (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256937-sabotage.html)

snolover 04-14-2012 11:30 AM

Sabotage

Hey everyone! I am really mad lately because everyone around me wants me to quit ideal protein. I am not where I want to be but everybody thinks I am. How do they know I am done? It would be one thing if I would be really skinny with bones and all but I am far from that. I am healthy, enjoying my journey and am very excited to be approaching goal. I don't want to quit but the people who love me are all against me and that makes it really hard!!! By the way, I know they are not jealous because these are healthy people. What do you think? (I think I already know the answer lol)

Mysticaldreamzz 04-14-2012 11:37 AM

You need to do what is right for you. In your heart you want to keep going. If you listen to them will you be happy? Forget about them and try not to let them get in your head. You've come a long way and are doing great!

ProteinGal 04-14-2012 11:37 AM

yup, they are jealous! kutgw!

bargoo 04-14-2012 12:11 PM

They are not respecting you when they try to discourage you. Do what is right for you and do not listen to those who would sabotage your efforts.

threenorns 04-14-2012 12:52 PM

the problem is that ppl like everybody to fit into their neat little boxes.

they get uncomfortable when you put white-out on the pretty label they went to all the trouble of printing out for you or, worse, get out of the box.

girls, for example: you might have a friend who's always been friends with you secure in the knowledge that she's the pretty, hot one the guys like and you're tonto to her lone ranger. but now she sees you're getting a waistline... guys are commenting that you're looking good... guys are asking her if you've lost weight.... guys are asking YOU if you've lost weight....

now what does she do?

and guys - well... guys are guys. apparently the only reason a woman loses weight is bec she's "looking for it".

i've been through it all before and it was too much for me to deal with.

stay your course, do what you know you need to do for you, and let them sort themselves out. may be that when you reach your goal, you'll discover you're missing a few bodies, not just pounds, but that's okay - you'll get a new group of friends that are more compatible with your new life.

DanafromAustin 04-14-2012 01:41 PM

You do what's best for you, and not what others think. I'm also 5'2 and my goal is 130 pounds also, which is a higher end scale number for someone our height. Only you know how your body feels; go with that feeling.

capricious 04-14-2012 01:42 PM

threenorns- you absolutely speak the truth. And dealing with change is not something most people do very willingly.
snolover- you know what's best for you. You know what makes you happy. Others will never truly be able to make you happy that comes from within. So you can't bother too much with keeping them happy at the expense of yourself because then no one benefits. If you heed when they aren't being accepting you... then you're allowing it. You are so much better off to listen to yourself and have trust in yourself. That confidence so benefits your life in all aspects... not just your weight. Many congratulations on how far you've already come- you're doing so well!!

usmcvet 04-14-2012 02:20 PM

This is about you and where you want to be. As long as you are healthy keep going. We all support you!:carrot:

Sewmam 04-14-2012 02:30 PM

The only person I'd listen to about when to stop or what weight is healthy for me, is myself, or my doctor. Nobody else has a clue what it's like (beyond us here...), and ultimately you have to live with your choice.

So there! ;)

dcapulet 04-14-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz (Post 4293332)
You need to do what is right for you. In your heart you want to keep going. If you listen to them will you be happy? Forget about them and try not to let them get in your head. You've come a long way and are doing great!

^ This. All the way.

Tmg1989 04-14-2012 10:16 PM

My friends say the same thing to me! They all think I am 15lbs less than I am and think I should phase off this very moment. Very annoying. I tell them that I appreciate their concern and I will let them know when I feel the time is right to phase off.

snolover 04-14-2012 11:31 PM

OMG, you guys! Thank you so much for all the encouraging words. Only you would understand what I am going through. I will continue my journey and I will decide when I am done. I will reread this thread when others try to sabotage my efforts. ;o)

lynzenbocker 04-14-2012 11:41 PM

I'm going though the same thing right now, people complement you and then add on you are done right? when i say no I'm still working on loosing weight they start saying how i don't have much to loose ect. I know my body and how it looks and how i want it to look! I'm taking this 5lbs at a time and when i am happy and comfortable with how i look and feel i will stop.

I say its your body and choice do whats best for you!

Good Luck and keep up the great work!

Tiger 04-14-2012 11:58 PM

I'm 5'2'' and 141 right now also. I'm wearing small shirts. I wore size 4 pants today. I get compliments all the time. I know I look so much better than I did at 180, but I can still do better. I still want better.

I'm pretty petite so my doctor would like to see me between 115-119lbs. It would put me in the middle of the normal BMI range, and give me some "wiggle room". Do I think I'll really get that low? Maybe. Maybe not. But it's my decision and not anyone else's.

New Englander 04-15-2012 01:55 AM

You do know the answer! Trust your instincts and do what's best for you...