Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 232.5/199/130

Height: 5'4

Help! Going into crisis mode!

I hope you are all well!

I love this diet and it is working with me but the whole bad breath thing is really starting to get to me! It is so embarressing! I know we are only allowed certain gum, etc.

I've picked up Clorets + Pure (They have Xylitol)
They contain the following
1 Piece
Calories 3
Fat 0g
Carb 1g
Sugars 0g
Sugar Alcohols 1g
Protein 0g

Please help! Is this gum allowed?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #77  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring chic View Post
....either berating myself for my latest failure or planning my next attempt....
Wow, can I relate to that - and I'll bet most of us on this site can! That constant conversation with myself just consumed me. I finally just got sick of TALKING about it and THINKING about it (and failing) all the time. It was time to DO something about it. That's when I joined IP and found the 3fc website and unlike so many other diets I've tried (and I've tried them all!) I know now it will finally be a reality! Exciting to look forward to!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 195/184/145

Height: 5'4"

Well I lost 10 lbs my first week! WOO HOO I love this diet. It's been pretty easy except yesterday there was a girl in the breakroom toasting some bread and I almost beat her up and took it from her. LOL other than that all good!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring chic View Post
Sewmam, that is a great way to look at this. I hadn't thought of that. This is a great opportunity to work out some of those things with myself and find my inner strength. Today I noticed I kinda had an easy calm feeling and I think it was because my mind wasn't going crazy either berating myself for my latest failure or planning my next attempt. I am going to use this time wisely. Thanks for that!
Sewmam is SOOOO right about this! Being free of the physical food cravings frees us up to look at what our inner issues are. I too am using this time to do a lot of soul searching so when I get to maintenance I will be ready to face what I believe will be the real battle!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #80  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

They say no gum....chew on mint leaves.....I still have gum sometimes...I dont think it has effected me at all.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

And ithe end realize that the foods not op are foods to avoid forever. Sugar, wheat, etc should' be treats, not daily food
Old 04-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 232.5/199/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealme View Post
They say no gum....chew on mint leaves.....I still have gum sometimes...I dont think it has effected me at all.
Thanks! Where can you buy mint leaves lol
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresaLiveLaughLove View Post
Help! Going into crisis mode!

I hope you are all well!

I love this diet and it is working with me but the whole bad breath thing is really starting to get to me! It is so embarressing! I know we are only allowed certain gum, etc.

I've picked up Clorets + Pure (They have Xylitol)
They contain the following
1 Piece
Calories 3
Fat 0g
Carb 1g
Sugars 0g
Sugar Alcohols 1g
Protein 0g

Please help! Is this gum allowed?

I know wuv has said she chews 3 pieces of Extra gum a day.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 274/244/170

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmlittle View Post
Well I lost 10 lbs my first week! WOO HOO I love this diet. It's been pretty easy except yesterday there was a girl in the breakroom toasting some bread and I almost beat her up and took it from her. LOL other than that all good!
Too funny, I have had the same feeling when walking past a Subway. It is so intoxicating.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #85  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Thank you. I was stacking some wood with the kids kind of helping and I went into the basement and got a 35# weight and showed it to my two oldest. I asked them if they could pick it up. No go for my 6 year old. My 9 year old did then put it down quickly. I told them that's how much weight I've lost in the last few weeks. Their eyes got big. It was pretty cool.

My wife is upset I did not talk to her before deciding to start IP. It all happened pretty fast for me. I saw a friend at training on a Wednesday and told him he looked great and asked how he'd lost his weight. It was IP. On my way home I called the local IP clinic and had a call back. There was an ifo meeting that night. Sounded like it was meant to be. I went and joined up the following day. I have tried LOTS of diets over the years. WW worked a bit, Atkins helped me lose weight but neither lasted. My wife just told me I'd never stick to this, IP. That was like a kick in the gut. I need to make this work. I don't want to die any sooner than necessary! I know none of us make it out alive but I'd like it to be a long time from now! =) I don't want gastric by pass but that's what I was looking at about a month ago. Then I found IP. I've not cheated at all on this diet. Something I have never been able to do with any other diet. IP is expensive but it is working for me and clearly lots of you.

Got to go stack some more wood!

I wish you tons of luck and strength! It isn't an easy undertaking to lose weight. Sometimes you have to just do what is going to keep you healthy and alive over having a discussion that may end with you not doing it. You are already doing so great! I think the best thing for you to do is come here for support and encouragement that doesn't seem to be coming at home. It is a shame, it is where we need support from the most.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #86  

Height: 5'2

My IP coach carries a certain type of gum and has told me PUR gum is fine, never set a limit, and said she had used it herself.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiR View Post
Morning all,
A bit disappointed from my WI today. Down 0.6lbs. I know, I know, a loss is a loss but lately all my losses have been low. My coach said to limit myself to 2 TSP of WF products per day and NO egg whites. I told her I thought egg whites were free and so i've been using them in recipes but she said if I have egg whites it will count towards my dinner protein. UGH Normally I have 1/4c of WF products (mostly syrup for my zucchini french toast or rhubarb) and 2 egg whites (I use liquid egg whites) the zucchini french toast. I wouldn't even consider having 2 eggs or egg whites for my dinner protein over an 8 oz turkey or chicken breast. I never use splenda or stevia packets and don't even use the allowed 1oz of milk. I only have my one restricted bar per day, 1.5 tsp EVOO and stay away from all of the restricted veggies for the week. I'd like to think i'm following the sheet to a T.
I've been eating only every 4-6 hours and that seemed to help this week with cravings and hunger. Seemed like the more often I ate the more I wanted. Also, i've been super stressed this week from work. Maybe that contributed to the low loss this week?
Your goal weight looks quite low. Your body is likely going to put up a fight about getting down to that weight. If you do really need to get that low you are likely going to have very slow losses each week until you get there.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Thank you. I was stacking some wood with the kids kind of helping and I went into the basement and got a 35# weight and showed it to my two oldest. I asked them if they could pick it up. No go for my 6 year old. My 9 year old did then put it down quickly. I told them that's how much weight I've lost in the last few weeks. Their eyes got big. It was pretty cool.

My wife is upset I did not talk to her before deciding to start IP. It all happened pretty fast for me. I saw a friend at training on a Wednesday and told him he looked great and asked how he'd lost his weight. It was IP. On my way home I called the local IP clinic and had a call back. There was an ifo meeting that night. Sounded like it was meant to be. I went and joined up the following day. I have tried LOTS of diets over the years. WW worked a bit, Atkins helped me lose weight but neither lasted. My wife just told me I'd never stick to this, IP. That was like a kick in the gut. I need to make this work. I don't want to die any sooner than necessary! I know none of us make it out alive but I'd like it to be a long time from now! =) I don't want gastric by pass but that's what I was looking at about a month ago. Then I found IP. I've not cheated at all on this diet. Something I have never been able to do with any other diet. IP is expensive but it is working for me and clearly lots of you.

Got to go stack some more wood!
What is it mostly that your wife objects to? Is it the cost or is it that she doesn't think it is healthy? Gasrtic bypass is a very serious step, did she know you were concidering that?

Just keep with it and she will soon this that this time is going to be different.
You will do fine.

Pat
Old 04-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #89  

buyproteinfood.com

Is this a new site? I'm quite surprised to see it, it only seems to have IP things but with no coaching component.

It even has the cal/potassium supplement that is very difficult to replace if you are not going to a clinic.

I had never heard of the site before.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 04-15-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Good morning all! I always start my day with this board and I missed it yesterday when I was out of town. It was a difficult day as I went on a road trip to a bridal shower for one of my best friends. I packed all of my food and my friends and the hostess knew about the diet, but I felt uncomfortable sitting there and eating something different from everyone else. I didn't mind missing the meal, but the desserts were really hard. I stayed 100% OP and I was proud of myself and my DH gave me a ton of support when I got home which made me feel good. I think as I just started week 3 I'm still not over the cravings for sweets. However, in reflecting on it, I realized I felt great all day yesterday...I didn't have a sugar crash, I didn't stuff myself and then have a stomachache, and I really enjoyed a special event for my friend without compromising myself. With a two big challenges in the first two weeks (Easter and this shower) I've really had to confront what my old habits were in contrast to IP and I'm just telling myself with every event I get through 100% OP I'm preparing myself to have a healthy attitude about food which will help me with maintenance. I initially thought about waiting to start IP until some of these events passed but as soon as I learned about it I didn't want to wait, I wanted to start losing, and because of that I'm down almost 10 lbs instead of 0 (or up some). As I was sitting there feeling a little awkward at lunch I was just thinking about how everyone on this board would say, "do what's right for you, don't worry about anyone else might think" and it really helped!
Closed Thread