Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider04 View Post
Gardening Gardening and did I mention Gardening!!! That does count as exersize right! I just bought 12 bags of mulch at Lowes and now that my coffee is done I think it time to get started. Enjoy you day everyone!
Isn't digging in the dirt about the most wonderful thing in the world...next to food!

I cleaned some gutters over my carport that had filled up and had weeds growing in them...the fragrant compost in there was good as gold and I hope the hosta below it enjoys it.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
My DH & kids had pizza for dinner, that didnt help.
Uggh. I totally know that feeling! Last night as I was browning lean ground beef for everyone (my first big mac in a bowl!) My husband walks in the door with food from not just 1 fast food chain, but 2!! McDonalds for him and the kids PLUS cinnamon rolls from BK (they are conveniently located right next to each other down the street)...and then he asked me why I was crabby

Payback came later last night when I had him step on my new scale that measures bodyfat...let's just say his days of being 7% bodyfat while playing college football or being in Iraq are looonng gone As he was ranting about how the scale isn't accurate, I sat back on the couch and ate my choco raspberry bar!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Weekend everybody!

Boy was I a grouch last night. I was so tired after getting home from watching my great nephew. He is a 16 pound 5 month old that just wants to be held and walked around all day. He was fussy and I was tired and my back was killing me. By mid afternoon I was so hungry. I think it was mental hunger, all I wanted to do was eat, I felt so deprived that I couldnt just eat what I wanted. My DH & kids had pizza for dinner, that didnt help. By days end I think I may have had in excess to what I was allowed to eat a total of 1 tsp oil, 1 egg white, 1 oz of skim milk, 1/2 oz meat, and an extra serving of WF syrup.
All in all it wasnt TO bad. ( I also did walk for an hour with the little guy).

What I noticed is, that I saw an old pattern arise: a little more of this and a little more of that wont hurt. It was all I could do to get through the night. (and going to bed at 8:30 pm helped a bit).

Well today I feel better already. I will be extra good till weigh in on Wednesday.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

I hope everyone has a smooth sailing Saturday!!!
Good Morning all,

Cadu, I agree, I also need to be vigilant about those extra nibbles, licks, etc. it's a slippery slope once you have that first cheat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! Woke up at 5 and was excited to get up and have my pot of tea and breakfast. As the earth rotates, the birds start their chirping just a wee bit earlier every day...I love noticing that.

Made some progress on getting my basement cleaned yesterday and will go back down there today. I have a bad habit of buying more tools because I can't find the existing hammer or pliers or screwdriver...so now I get to sort them and find out what I actually have! That will actually be rather satisfying, that feeling of setting things in order....

Hope you all have wonderful weekends that surpass your wildest dreams! There, how's that???
I agree, what a great feeling to be organized! It's one of the kindest things you can do for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Sounds like everyone is starting off their weekend on the right foot! Staying with my folks this weekend in San Antonio and taking my son to the Kiddie Park of my childhood (little tyke amusement park), and then a 6th bday party later. I will need my willpower as we are meeting up with some great friends, but do they like to party! I was able to resist 2 weeks ago when we were here at my dads retirement party...so that helps me show I can do it!

Stay OP my friends!
Yes, you can do it and each time you flex those "discipline" muscles, it gets easier.

We have friends who like to party and there's often fattening food and drink around. Tonight we are having a BBQ w/ some neighbors. Asked my husband to pick up some mixed berries and 2 ice creams, 1 sorbet so folks could self serve their choice of dessert. He came home with 6 pints of premium ice cream! Six? We don't have any kids...Hope our guests like ice cream...don't really want it around the house. My trick though is to actually eat my dinner before our guests arrive. I won't be hungry, will nibble on the shrimp cocktail, have the salad that I will prepare, a small chicken breast, Mio water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Good morning! Down another 1/2 a pound this morning..loving this diet. Miss having a glass of wine so much but keep telling my self "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" and realize I am giving my liver a much needed break!
I have two questions. How do you put the ticker at the bottom of your post and pictures and question number two is can you buy ideal protein on line too, instead of going to a center? Just wondering because we might be moving later this summer and I can't find a place where we might be moving. Thanks and you all have a GREAT day!:
Try:

http://buyproteinfood.com/ can buy IP food here, supposed to be free S&H, not definite about that.
This second website is where i buy 80% of my alternative foods, works for me.
Re alcohol, I used to drink wine, stopped that when I started IP. But did substitute diet tonic water and sometimes made a diet tonic w/ vodka. Then, about 2-3 weeks into this - about 6-7 weeks ago, I learned just how self defeating that behavior was and I stopped alcohol and diet tonic completely. Look up the thread I started a couple of weeks ago. The word "alcohol" is in the title. Don't think I'll ever go back to alcohol after IP - now that I don't want it, can't see why I'd revert back - so many extra calories and the weight can slowly creep up from an extra 100-200 calories/day.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #19  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Good Morning everyone!

Sewmam, I have a similar "putting things in order" type of day ahead of me - rearranging all of my kitchen and garage cabinets! Getting the Spring Cleaning fever! Love the feeling of accomplishment and it will fill my day and my mind and keep me away from thinking about food (weekends have always been hardest for me).

Question for all you experts out there -- I have a business symposium coming up in May. It is being held at a resort, and breakfast and lunch is catered every day with everything imaginable you'd ever want to eat, and a hosted dinner one of the nights that is just over the top! Yikes! I know I just need to bring my IP products with me for breakfast, lunch and snack, and make good choices for dinner, but I will be with a bunch of people who will, of course, NOT be on IP and I'd like to not stand out so much - having a bar or a drink for breakfast when everyone else at the table has full plates of fruit, eggs, pastries, etc, and lunches with everything from pasta to Mexican fiestas! Do you see any solution, any suggestions, or just do what I need to do to stay OP (suggestions welcome for that as well!) and not worry about others? I have a feeling that's the advice, yet I'd still like to not draw so much attention to the fact that I'm not eating the catered food. I don't do well with having the attention on me - to me it's stressful, not flattering. During these meal breaks is when there is a lot of networking done, so don't want to just skip the meals and go back to my room during that time.

HELP!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #20  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning IPers

Off to Dillon Montana today to watch the DS play ball. Cross your fingers for a HR that would thrill him and me. Got the IP packets and veggies packed. The hard thing is going to be baseball season without Dill Pickle Sunflower Seeds. I bought some soy nuts as a substitute, but am a notorious seed eater, so I know I will be offered them a lot today. Must flex my "NO" muscle...but after yesterday's WI I have great motivation. The weather is so great that I better remember the sunscreen.

Have a great Saturday!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

I know I said it yesterday but when I opened this forum today and once again saw that amazing photo of Wuv I couldn't help but be amazed! Truly Wuv, you look fantastic!

It looks like a beautiful spring day here in Idaho so gardening will be on my agenda for the day. I still have 3 ewes that haven't lambed yet so maybe a couple of surprises too!

3sisters - (I have 3 sisters too) This is where you get to flex the new willpower muscles you have been working on! Drink your shakes before you go to the table, put some salad on your plate and talk as much as possible. When you order your protein, savor it and eat slowly. If you have to, talk to the wait staff before the meal and have a game plan for what you can eat. Think about this for a moment, last time you were at a dinner party do you remember what the person next to you actually ate off of their plate or do you remember what you talked about? Other people are not as focused on this stuff as we are. Have a plan, and then have fun!

I hope everyone has a great day! Stay OP because this diet really works!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 168/ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Default New to Forum

I am new to the forum and previously had done an Alternative IP on my own via inspiration from another. However, it was almost two years ago when I started, and I never had information past P1. It was very successful but I was on P1 the whole time then the slow creep began after willpower was waning after 7 months. So, I did a slow then fast creep back up. Started again two days ago and looking forward to getting the informational assistance, mental support and accountability benefits of this forum to help me through to P4.
I'm very impressed with all the inspiration you ladies bring!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Good morning
Tough week . My aunt died yesterday and I have been back and forth to hospital (2 hrs away) 3 times this week and one more for the funeral. We were not close but it tough on my mom. Staying OP dispute craziness. Good new is brother found out his twins to be a boys! Add that to his current 3 yr old and now I am an aunt looking for a car that holds 3 car seat..circle of life

Last weigh in was good 6 lbs for a total of 22 for the month

Have a good day
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 231/218/1??

Height: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Sewmam, I have a similar "putting things in order" type of day ahead of me - rearranging all of my kitchen and garage cabinets! Getting the Spring Cleaning fever! Love the feeling of accomplishment and it will fill my day and my mind and keep me away from thinking about food (weekends have always been hardest for me).

Question for all you experts out there -- I have a business symposium coming up in May. It is being held at a resort, and breakfast and lunch is catered every day with everything imaginable you'd ever want to eat, and a hosted dinner one of the nights that is just over the top! Yikes! I know I just need to bring my IP products with me for breakfast, lunch and snack, and make good choices for dinner, but I will be with a bunch of people who will, of course, NOT be on IP and I'd like to not stand out so much - having a bar or a drink for breakfast when everyone else at the table has full plates of fruit, eggs, pastries, etc, and lunches with everything from pasta to Mexican fiestas! Do you see any solution, any suggestions, or just do what I need to do to stay OP (suggestions welcome for that as well!) and not worry about others? I have a feeling that's the advice, yet I'd still like to not draw so much attention to the fact that I'm not eating the catered food. I don't do well with having the attention on me - to me it's stressful, not flattering. During these meal breaks is when there is a lot of networking done, so don't want to just skip the meals and go back to my room during that time.

HELP!
This happens to me a lot since I do these kinds of meetings a lot. I told the people who matter to me but I let everyone else wonder. Please stay op, It is hard for me to stand out to buti had todo it to improve my life. I have let others opinions get me here. So time for a change
Old 04-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #25  
Restart date: 01.07.2013

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Payback came later last night when I had him step on my new scale that measures bodyfat...let's just say his days of being 7% bodyfat while playing college football or being in Iraq are looonng gone As he was ranting about how the scale isn't accurate, I sat back on the couch and ate my choco raspberry bar!
I'm looking for a new scale. Which one do you have?

It's supposed to be a rainy weekend in Dallas, so I'm getting ready to head outside with my boys for a bike ride. Well, I pull them in the bike trailer. I've struggled w/staying 100% OP lately. So many excuses, but I need to prepare better for myself. It's difficult prepping food for my sons and husband that I can't eat. I try to make food for their dinner I can have too, but it doesn't always work out that way. Just excuses...need to dig down deep within and find that willpower to stay OP because I am worth it.

Have a great weekend y'all!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyIP View Post
I'm looking for a new scale. Which one do you have?
I bought in on a whim at Target yesterday without doing much research, but I got the WW one that does weight, body fat, % water and bone mass. It seems to work well, I was interested in the body fat % and water more than anything.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday !!! Have to share ... I was already to cheat ... you know how we convince ourselves "Just a little bit" and added some sugar free french vanilla creamer to my coffee (Yes I did quite a bit of justifying before I decided to to it). But I sat down here ... read some of your posts and realized it really wasn't worth it and dumped it right back out Ended up mixing half of my chocolate mix I was having for breakfast anyway with the black coffee - and it was so much tastier anyway!!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #28  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Good morning! Down another 1/2 a pound this morning..loving this diet. Miss having a glass of wine so much but keep telling my self "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" and realize I am giving my liver a much needed break!
I have two questions. How do you put the ticker at the bottom of your post and pictures and question number two is can you buy ideal protein on line too, instead of going to a center? Just wondering because we might be moving later this summer and I can't find a place where we might be moving. Thanks and you all have a GREAT day!:
This website also seems to be an online source for purchasing Ideal Protein products...
http://buyproteinfood.com/index.php?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #29  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

I have a very messy 22 year old daughter who lives with us. She left yesterday morning for a Las Vegas long weekend. I cleaned her room. You couldn't see the floor or the bed before I got started. I couldn't stand it any longer, so I had to clean it. I spent the entire day sorting, washing, and putting away clothes and bedding. It looks like a bedroom now Kept me busy and didn't think about wanting a snack all day!!! It felt so good to get that done.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #30  

Height: 5'2

Lettuce wrap- sorry about your loss, not easy regardless of how close.

It is a beautiful Saturday morning here, and by beautiful, I mean snow, snow and more snow. We hardly had any left, and woke up to a few good cm's of it!

I have a similar scale, and it is placed in my kitchen.. worst place for it? It reminds me what I am doing. I do weigh myself first thing each morning, another addiction, like peeing on ketone sticks! lol I know I shouldn't weigh that much, but it keeps me motivated.
Closed Thread