Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 04/13/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 04-13-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/215/150

Height: 5'6"

NSV 3lbs in two days!!!! salads, salads, salads...my new go to meals! 19.8 in 3weeks 3 days! OMG! How I love this diet, why didn't I find it 20 yrs ago!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #3  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

TGIF Everyone!
Blessings to you all. Good luck with WI's NSV's and staying OP.

I am doing good, mentally much better, I just keep reading here and it helps to know we are all ding this!

I am going to rip the crap outta this day and make it mine!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! I'm sitting here, having my morning pot of tea and breakfast, listening to the birds chirping away. Today will be back to the grindstone again, cleaning, sorting, maybe some painting, but this time...pacing myself and paying attention to when I'm falling apart at the seams.

A dear friend of mine, from some 35 years ago, has been on my mind lately but she wasn't being too active on facebook so I could easily checkin. Turns out, she was just diagnosed with Stage 0 breast cancer, had the surgery and will have mastectomies because the disease runs in her family. Now I know why she kept popping into my head. My thoughts and prayers are with her. This sort of thing really puts life into perspective...

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I would really appreciate it if you'd say a quick prayer for my friend, Marion.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Sewmam

Just said a prayer for Marion. I have Hairy Cell Leukemia, it's in remission and has been a big part in at least 100# of my weight gain. When I was first diagnosed in '04 I said *&^$ it I'm going to die so I am going to eat what ever I want. Bang 60+ pounds gained in a very short time. It was gone for 5 years, I was able to say I was cancer free. Well in '10 it came back again and more weight was gained but I was not as scared because I'd done it once. My doctor said it will come back again. That's a huge PITA but I need to deal with it.

Sorry for the long rant. My point is tell Marion to never give up. This is my favorite "never give up" photo. My son re drew it in pencil. I have it at work by my desk, it's not as colorful but full of love and motivation.

Prayer and positive thinking definitely helps, a lot.

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Prayers sent for Marion....sorry to hear about your friend.
Good morning all! I am so glad it is Friday- I have had an extremely stressful week at work and I feel like I can barely keep my head above water. Stress is a trigger for me so I have been really aware of this all week. I am worn out.
Have a good day all!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Making the wild berry pancakes as I type......pretty excited....1st experiment with ip packets....I will update later
Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! I'm sitting here, having my morning pot of tea and breakfast, listening to the birds chirping away. Today will be back to the grindstone again, cleaning, sorting, maybe some painting, but this time...pacing myself and paying attention to when I'm falling apart at the seams.

A dear friend of mine, from some 35 years ago, has been on my mind lately but she wasn't being too active on facebook so I could easily checkin. Turns out, she was just diagnosed with Stage 0 breast cancer, had the surgery and will have mastectomies because the disease runs in her family. Now I know why she kept popping into my head. My thoughts and prayers are with her. This sort of thing really puts life into perspective...

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I would really appreciate it if you'd say a quick prayer for my friend, Marion.
prayers to Marion and all effected by this disease
Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

OMG FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you Cadu for posting the wild berry pancakes originally and Thurge for prompting me to look! They are amazing!!!! I made two so I am having one now and then one after the gym. At first I was worried it looked like it was going to explode in the pan once I flipped it, then thought it wouldn't cook thru, but it did and I am just excited to find something new to change things up? Now when I make pancakes for the kids I can have my own!

Another reason why this group is amazing! Well off to the gym, have a great OP day
Old 04-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #10  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I would really appreciate it if you'd say a quick prayer for my friend, Marion.
I'm sending healing energy and prayers for your friend Marion.

I had problems with my internet connection when I first opened my computer this am. Sort of freaked, thinking how I'd miss not being able to see what everybody here was doing. It's obvious I've become addicted to this forum.

Bought a Hamilton Beach single server blender yesterday, and it was lovely being able to have lots of ground up ice in my before-bed drink last night.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #11  
Started IP 3/11/2012

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160?

Height: 5' 8"

Prayers for Marion and all those with health concerns.

I had a really stressful evening and soooo wanted to stress eat, but settled on the IP potato purée, lol. Today is still dragging, but at least my mood is a little better. Wis
h I'd brought some hard boiled eggs for snacks as I just ate my bar that was supposed to be my afternoon snack and it's just 9:30 am.

Praying for patience and perseverance today.

Last edited by momof2greatcats; 04-13-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #12  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Good morning everyone! Just a quick check in to say hello and I hope everyone has a fantastic OP weekend!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #13  
Started IP 3/26/12

I'm on Day 21, and haven't been doing anything exercise-wise except for some walking. I walk to most of my errands anyway, so it's been business as usual for me.

I'm already on 4 protein items/day. Breakfast/Lunch/3pm snack/and Before-Bed.

I've been getting an urge to get out my old 'Walk Away The Pounds' DVDs (Leslie Sansome's walking program) and gently work some exercise into my daily routine. It's body toning too, as you work with small hand held weights through part of each session, while continuing with Leslie's 'walk'. I also have an elliptical that I can get back to using (been ignoring it for the better part of a year. ... and I have a bicycle, so I could incorporate some bike rides - there's actually a lovely park closeby that's great to ride in. I'm 61 and haven't been exercising much for the past few years. Suddenly this new weight loss incentive is making me think I'd like to get some exercise added. Maybe alternate them day by day, depending on the weather re the outside bike riding. Due to my lack of exercise in the past, I'd definitely start *gently* no matter which activity I chose.

As I'm already at 4 packets/day, if I start doing any of the above exercise options, should I increase my protein packets/items to 5/day?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Good Morning IPeeps.

tried the omlette this morning.... not bad. not bad at all. Got the day off ... gonna take Leo for a long walk and then I should be ready for lunch. Have an AWESOME day. and OP is the only way....

my nrg is gooood !

Day Five and Im still Alive!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Took my dog to the vet yesterday, he too has to go on a diet, bought him some special calorie food and he seems to like his new food too. We both are going to get healthy

Have a nice goodluck Friday!
Closed Thread