Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone. I have went on alternative due to money I sure miss some of the IP packets they are great, however I am weighing and measureing myself. This am I was down 4 lbs after being up .5 last week and lost 4 and 3/4 inches yeah. I have been walking regularly and trying to get up from my desk at work and move a little. I am excited becouse I am almost in the 160's and I have not seen them in almost 18 years.

I would like to say my thoughts and prayers are with Marion and all who have health issues. I just got an e-mail from a freind that her sister in law did not get good news from her cancer dr. so please keep Ginger in your prayers may God bless us all and have mercy and compassion..
Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 177/147/125

Height: 4'11"

My thoughts and prayers are with Marion

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TGIF Everyone !!! Hoping you have a great weekend ~
•“Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.” ~Doug Firebaugh

Last edited by lilone1357; 04-13-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: add sentence
Old 04-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #18  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm on Day 21, and haven't been doing anything exercise-wise except for some walking. I walk to most of my errands anyway, so it's been business as usual for me.

I'm already on 4 protein items/day. Breakfast/Lunch/3pm snack/and Before-Bed.

I've been getting an urge to get out my old 'Walk Away The Pounds' DVDs (Leslie Sansome's walking program) and gently work some exercise into my daily routine. It's body toning too, as you work with small hand held weights through part of each session, while continuing with Leslie's 'walk'. I also have an elliptical that I can get back to using (been ignoring it for the better part of a year. ... and I have a bicycle, so I could incorporate some bike rides - there's actually a lovely park closeby that's great to ride in. I'm 61 and haven't been exercising much for the past few years. Suddenly this new weight loss incentive is making me think I'd like to get some exercise added. Maybe alternate them day by day, depending on the weather re the outside bike riding. Due to my lack of exercise in the past, I'd definitely start *gently* no matter which activity I chose.

As I'm already at 4 packets/day, if I start doing any of the above exercise options, should I increase my protein packets/items to 5/day?
Do you have a coach? Prob best to ask her. How is your weight loss with 3 a day? If its good then 4 would probably work for you.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #19  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone (this is very early for me). I have to drop my daughter to the airport this morning. She is meeting some friends in Vegas for a few days. She is 22 and very excited about her little trip. Then I will be off to my weekly WI and then drop my dog off at the groomers. I will check back in when I get back home
Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Good morning everyone! WI #2 today...one day early because I'm taking a day trip to New Jersey for a bridal shower tomorrow - will be packing all my meals to take along! This is my first TOM WI so I'm trying to be realistic but I feel like it's working so I'm also excited!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

I am so grateful for this forum. After I got weighed I could not wait to get home and share my weight loss of 5lbs. With vacation and Easter last week I am so thrilled. First time in my life I lost weight on vacation . Also prayers to Marion. Nancy from Cape Cod
Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #22  
One step at a time...

Morning everyone!

Today marks my official start on IP and so far so good. Chocolate shake for breakfast and just had my restricted. Have everything all prepped for lunch and dinner tonight too (huge for a procrastionator like me!).

Off to the states tomorrow with some good friends who are also on IP so looking forward to picking up some fun stuff that we can't get up here in Canada.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #23  
Full of awesome

S/C/G: 259/177/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm on Day 21, and haven't been doing anything exercise-wise except for some walking. I walk to most of my errands anyway, so it's been business as usual for me.

I'm already on 4 protein items/day. Breakfast/Lunch/3pm snack/and Before-Bed.

I've been getting an urge to get out my old 'Walk Away The Pounds' DVDs (Leslie Sansome's walking program) and gently work some exercise into my daily routine. It's body toning too, as you work with small hand held weights through part of each session, while continuing with Leslie's 'walk'.
I love Leslie's workouts. When I was calorie counting, I had great results with the walking programs that incorporated the stretchy bands. I eventually worked my way up to 3 of her workouts a day.

I'm on day 22 and am itching to get back to some sort of fitness routine, but my coach wants me to wait another week or two before adding anything other than a daily 30 minute walk. I suppose if I keep dropping the pounds at this rate, I shouldn't argue with her.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #24  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

My prayers and thoughts go out to Marion - I really admire her proactive selfless approach to beating it. Her mastectomies must have been a tough choice, but she is choosing to fight for a long, healthy life. I've also had those 'mental connections' with friends during low and high times in life.

evepet - I do a bit of light walking ~2.7mi daily on 3 packs/day, but it is a very leisure pace (I don't break a sweat or lose my breath). From what I've read here if you keep it low intensity you should be okay. I go out after my 4pm snack to make sure I am providing my body with the proper fuel since I'm also pushing a stroller and playing with my son at the park for part of it I need my energy!

My WI is today at 1pm! I'm a little nervous since TOM is due to start soon, so not sure how that will affect things. The last time TOM came I was on travel and skipped a WI - just curious how other peeps WI's might have been affected. I've noticed several folks mention it during 'off' weeks. In the past I gained right before TOM and lost it during - not sure if that same cycle applies during IP...if so, then I am expecting an 'off' day.

Hope everyone has a Great Friday and a Fantastic Weekend! I am driving to San Antonio today - bringing my IP and having dinner tonight at a fave Tex Mex restaurant. The owner actually lost 100+lb last year and cooks up anything 'healthy' to order with enthusiasm (plus my parents go there 3+x/week, so they are regulars). Planning on having a salad with carne asada and grilled bell peppers for dinner tonight!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #25  
mbw

Hello everyone! I had my week 2 WI on Tuesday. I only lost 2.8 lbs and 2.5 inches. Easter weekend was tough. I didn't blow it and eat crazy bad, but I did have a few things that I shouldn't have. I'm back on track this week and hopefully I will have a better WI next week. Total, I've lost 12.8 lbs and 8.25 inches in two weeks, so that's good!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 390/312/220

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
OMG FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you Cadu for posting the wild berry pancakes originally and Thurge for prompting me to look! They are amazing!!!! I made two so I am having one now and then one after the gym. At first I was worried it looked like it was going to explode in the pan once I flipped it, then thought it wouldn't cook thru, but it did and I am just excited to find something new to change things up? Now when I make pancakes for the kids I can have my own!

Another reason why this group is amazing! Well off to the gym, have a great OP day
I TOLD YOU! Those wildberry pancakes are amazing! I also do a slight variation where I take the 1-2 ounces of skim milk I am allowed for coffee and add a little vinegar to it to turn it into skim buttermilk. I add that to the pancake mix to make buttermilk wildberry pancakes! It tastes about the same but a little richer from the buttermilk.

Last edited by Thurge; 04-13-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #27  
Restarted IP 3/19/12

S/C/G: HW257 230/202.8/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurge View Post
I TOLD YOU! Those wildberry pancakes are amazing! I also do a slight variation where I take the 1-2 ounces of skim milk I am allowed for coffee and add a little vinegar to it to turn it into skim buttermilk. I add that to the pancake mix to make buttermilk wildberry pancakes! It tastes about the same but a little richer from the buttermilk.
these are ok for Phase 1 right?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

This is day 3 for me. So far so good. I haven't felt deprived of anything. I'm sure it helps that my DH is doing it with me.

I may not post all the time but I've sure been reading everyday and you all are such a great support system and I appreciate all the knowledge and inspiration you have to offer.

I am very anxious to have my first WI. I wish it was tomorrow. I'm excited to see how it goes
Old 04-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookiepotpie2 View Post
these are ok for Phase 1 right?
Yes they are, they are made from your packets.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #30  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

My thoughts and prayers are with Marion.
Closed Thread