3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Thursday 04/12/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256775-ip-daily-chat-thursday-04-12-12-a.html)

KBig 04-12-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4290581)
Just weighed in. Down 8 more pounds for a total of 35 in two weeks. I'm very happy.:D

YOU are my IDOL.....

in Zumba we say... You're the rabbit Im chasing...

I would love to duplicate these types of results....

smack ya'self on the behind and call yourself HOT! those numbers sizzle!

go mami go.

:carrot: Im so siced. ... cant wait for my first WI.. I have been 100% OP.

repomike 04-12-2012 11:13 AM

Not sure whats going on! For the past week and half i haven't loss any weight i have put on 5lbs. I haven't cheated in any way, i have kepted up with my same meal plan no changes. and yet im stuck!! Not sure whats going on......

kellycg102 04-12-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4290441)
Hi Danif, I took a miniphase off to go to Mexico near the end of my journey...you might want to start researching the vacation threads there are a few out there from people who didn't phase off (stayed OP) and people who did.

It wasn't hard for me to get back OP, I made the decision that it was a vacation and that's it. I wasn't going to NOT be on Phase 1 longer then I had to be. So when the plane lifted from Canuck soil to when it landed was when I as on vacation. As soon as it landed...the game was back on. Did I go through withdrawl again, yuppers I did. However, I'm expecting to go through that withdrawl a few times in maintenance as we are suppose to 'reboot' our system annually.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Good to know....thanks for your feed back:). Hearing it was hard worried me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMaZu (Post 4290491)
FYI- I've had a restricted bar every day and it hasn't seemed to hurt my losses. For some of us, it's the food highlight of our day!

Ya I know what you mean......awwww chocolate!

Quote:

Just weighed in. Down 8 more pounds for a total of 35 in two weeks. I'm very happy.:D

That is amazing weight loss! Be very proud!

hyrysk 04-12-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repomike (Post 4290615)
Not sure whats going on! For the past week and half i haven't loss any weight i have put on 5lbs. I haven't cheated in any way, i have kepted up with my same meal plan no changes. and yet im stuck!! Not sure whats going on......

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. My coach added another packet to my plan because she was afraid I wasn't getting enough protien. The scale finnaly started moving agian this week. Hang in there I know it drives you crazy but the scale will move.

WingnutandMe 04-12-2012 11:34 AM

Haven't been on the forum lately. Had to make an emergency trip to our cottage in Michigan (954 miles). Received a notice from our community group that two sections of the township were reclassified for gas drilling. Most of this land is state DNR land. The border of one section is three lots away. Tonight is a meeting that our state representative organized with the gas company, DNR, and state environmental group to discuss the drilling and the use of hydraulic fracturing. THAT is something we do not want as it pollutes the land and especially the water. They've even reported it causing earthquakes. My DH and I felt we had to come up (take off work) and make our presence known with the others in the area. Sometimes it helps. Maybe we can at least get them not to use the hydraulic fracturing process, only drill. We plan to come here and retire in a couple years. We're on a lake and it's so peaceful and beautiful. Hate to have that destroyed and our property to become worthless. Please keep us in your thoughts.

Needless to say, this has been soooooo stressful. I put on a pair of jeans last night and could almost not get them buttoned. I've stayed 100% OP, but I'm sure it's water. Not really getting enough and that seems to be my stress reaction, water retention.

I did have a small NSV. Up here, we spend most of our time around the kitchen table. It has padded chairs with arms. I have not been able to sit in those as I was wider that the arms are apart. I just sat in one this morning and I almost fit. I was in there, but it was still snug, but a real improvement.

Glad to hear of everyone else's successes. Sure miss not reading the Daily Chat. We have only dialup here and it's very slow and they are too many things to do to spend the time. Had that time now as DH is out digging trenches for our thirty new asparagus plants. We both love it and decided we'd start some now to be well established by the time we retire here.
Molly

Thurge 04-12-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellycg102 (Post 4290245)
I have had the fine herb and cheese and it is pretty good. Just bought a box and had one for supper last night. Add salt and others veggies too if you like. I have yet to try the crispie cereal pancake, maybe this morning;) For your trip I would pack a load of packs with you and give it a whirl! Try to be as good as you can, I have heard it is hard to get back on program?????? Good luck!

There is a recipe where you mix half of a Wildberry Yogurt packet with half of a crunched-up Crispy Cereal packet to make Wildberry pancakes. These are ridiculously good! I believe the recipe is the same you just use half a packet of Wildberry Yogurt for half of the cereal packet.

momof2greatcats 04-12-2012 11:44 AM

Congrats on all the good weigh in news.
I'm at work, so hopping on and off 3FC, so no real time to quote everyone I want to.

Have a great OP day, everyone!!!

Ishbel 04-12-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSJ100 (Post 4290456)
I'm totally dreading the withdrawl after vacation - maybe it's worse because I'm only in week 2 and it's fresh in my mind! However, I have the exact same attitude as you...for my vacation I want to just be on vacation, but I already have my appt. at my clinic for the day after I get back to start P1 again. When I started I committed to doing P1 100% OP through Easter, my 30th birthday, and my best friend's bridal shower, bachelorette party, and wedding, but a two week trip out of the country felt different to me. I want to focus on the vacation, not worry about food. Also, how exciting that *hopefully* by June those airplane seats will be a little more comfortable!

I know from my scale at home (left on weigh in day and returned late on weigh in day) I gained 7 lbs from my vacation and lost -1.4 on the clinic scale the week I was back (after one full week 100% OP)

According to my scale at home I lost 4 lbs just in the first 24 hours.

It can be done, but you have to be 110% ready to commit back to it. I as 11 lbs from goal at that time and there was NO way I wasn't going to be 100% the week back (the other 10% was pure determination!) :)

Danif 04-12-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellycg102 (Post 4290277)
Lol I know what you mean about speeding it up......now would be nice! So nice that your hubby surprised you......very sweet....no kids? I am jealous! It will be great!

Yup..no kids. We have not been alone together without kids for 7 yesrs! I hope we don't just sit and stare at eachother and not know what to do!! lol

Danif 04-12-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4290293)
Hi Danif, I had been on IP about a month and then did a mini-phase off for a vacation to Jamaica. I didn't want to try and carry food through customs and we were staying at an all inclusive resort and I really wanted to enjoy it all! So, I phased off two weeks before the vacation, one week at phase two and one week at phase 3. I tried to make good food choices but did indulge in frozen fruity cocktails, sweets and lots of fruit and cheese. I did gain 6 pounds over the course of the vacation but lost 7 my first week back on plan. I will look for a thread to bump up for you that gives lots of informatin about how to do a mini phase off.

Thanks!!

Danif 04-12-2012 12:17 PM

from the beginning my coach has let me have restricted every day??

From the beginning my coach has let me have a restricted every day after dinner. I keep reading that some of you were not allowed restricted for the first month and then when you were it was in the afternoon. Am I doing something wrong?

Minnie5 04-12-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie63 (Post 4290436)
i had my first WI last evening - down 6 pounds - yipee!!

Congrats! That's awesome.

MaMaZu 04-12-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danif (Post 4290708)
From the beginning my coach has let me have a restricted every day after dinner. I keep reading that some of you were not allowed restricted for the first month and then when you were it was in the afternoon. Am I doing something wrong?

I was told to start restricteds after 2 weeks OP. Additionally was told to eat them earlier in the day as they're higher in carbs. I like mine after lunch.

Minnie5 04-12-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlucas (Post 4290518)
Has anyone tried the Miracle Rice/Noodle? OMG!!!! Love!!! I made tapioca pudding last night... omg!!!! Fab! lol Hit the spot!

I've never tried them, where did you pick them up at? and are they ok for phase 1?

Minnie5 04-12-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4290547)
Im going to drink my water ... Im just gonna hafta make sure I FINISH in full my IP pks.

thx.

How about trying getting your IP food in first, then filling up with your water.It worked for me!

mlucas 04-12-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie5 (Post 4290731)
I've never tried them, where did you pick them up at? and are they ok for phase 1?

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx Check out this site! They are CARB 0, SUGAR 0 and FAT 0 !!! Yeah they are perfectly fine for all Phases!
I got mine orig. from my coach but you can order them online! Amazing! It's just like tapioca balls.. and the noodles.. fab.. but make sure you follow the directions. I'm going to start searching stores around here and see if any of them sell them. Soo awesome!

LizRR 04-12-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie5 (Post 4290731)

Miracle Noodles and Rice are added to my new 'this is a guilty pleasure' grocery list (along with frozen rhubarb, zucchini, and spinach). I've heard folks complain about the 'fishy smell' - but wonder if they aren't preparing them correctly (instructions are on the bag). They are fabulous Asian noodles and I can see myself eating them forever and ever!

I did order a few single packs from Netrition.com along with a WF shipment before committing to the large Amazon value pack (6-month shelf life). They are not like regular pasta, but if you've had Asian rice noodles before it's similar.

I just ordered some using Amazon's 'Subscribe & Save'-no tax & free shipping!
Garlic and Herb, 7-oz pack of 8 = $16.09 ($2.01/each) <-note these have 15cals/serving (<1g protein & carb, dietary fiber)
Rice, 8-oz pack of 6 = $13.17 ($2.19 each)
Fettucine, 7-oz pack of 6 = $13.17 ($2.19/each)

I cancel & reactivate the subscriptions when I need a new shipment to keep the 'Subscrive & Save' 15% discount.

Minnie5 04-12-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlucas (Post 4290752)
http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx Check out this site! They are CARB 0, SUGAR 0 and FAT 0 !!! Yeah they are perfectly fine for all Phases!
I got mine orig. from my coach but you can order them online! Amazing! It's just like tapioca balls.. and the noodles.. fab.. but make sure you follow the directions. I'm going to start searching stores around here and see if any of them sell them. Soo awesome!

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! Gonna shop now!

KBig 04-12-2012 12:59 PM

ok Im on day 4 ... and my euphoric high just kicked in.... Im forcing myself to eat lunch ... and Im still drinking my H2O...

I dont know if my mind play'in tricks on me but Im "seeing a difference" in my stomach. I see a definitely difference .... or am I having a wishingful thinking kind of sight? lol

seriously though I FEEL EGGZCELLENT and my stomach has definitely come down.

When did you "see" a difference in your body?

Minnie5 04-12-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4290781)
Miracle Noodles and Rice are added to my new 'this is a guilty pleasure' grocery list (along with frozen rhubarb, zucchini, and spinach). I've heard folks complain about the 'fishy smell' - but wonder if they aren't preparing them correctly (instructions are on the bag). They are fabulous Asian noodles and I can see myself eating them forever and ever!

I did order a few single packs from Netrition.com along with a WF shipment before committing to the large Amazon value pack (6-month shelf life). They are not like regular pasta, but if you've had Asian rice noodles before it's similar.

Garlic and Herb, 7-oz pack of 8 = $16.09 ($2.01/each) <-note these have 15cals/serving (<1g protein & carb, dietary fiber)

I cancel & reactivate the subscriptions when I need a new shipment to keep the 'Subscrive & Save' 15% discount.

Thankyou! :):)

momof2greatcats 04-12-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4290792)
...I dont know if my mind play'in tricks on me but Im "seeing a difference" in my stomach. I see a definitely difference .... or am I having a wishingful thinking kind of sight? lol

A lot of people have noticed less "swelly belly" after getting wheat/gluten out of their system - so this may be what's happening to you. :D
I don't know when I first saw a difference, but I sure do see one now!

DanafromAustin 04-12-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4290293)
Hi Danif, I had been on IP about a month and then did a mini-phase off for a vacation to Jamaica. I didn't want to try and carry food through customs and we were staying at an all inclusive resort and I really wanted to enjoy it all! So, I phased off two weeks before the vacation, one week at phase two and one week at phase 3. I tried to make good food choices but did indulge in frozen fruity cocktails, sweets and lots of fruit and cheese. I did gain 6 pounds over the course of the vacation but lost 7 my first week back on plan. I will look for a thread to bump up for you that gives lots of informatin about how to do a mini phase off.

I'm meeting a friend, who is also on IP, mid July for a girl's week away. At that point we will both be a lot closer to goal and we have decided to take a week off of IP. We will of course phase off before and hop right back on phase 1 when we get back. We will be doing a lot of walking, so I'm not overly concerned. Who knows, it may just jump start the last bit of weight I will need to loose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4290547)
Im going to drink my water ... Im just gonna hafta make sure I FINISH in full my IP pks.

thx.

Yep, you need those calories from the IP foods.

Quote:

Only a guy could loose that much weight in two weeks. Fantastic weight loss. :carrot:

Quote:

ok Im on day 4 ... and my euphoric high just kicked in.... Im forcing myself to eat lunch ... and Im still drinking my H2O...

I dont know if my mind play'in tricks on me but Im "seeing a difference" in my stomach. I see a definitely difference .... or am I having a wishingful thinking kind of sight? lol

I saw it in my face after the first couple of weeks.

readytolive 04-12-2012 02:01 PM

So, I haven't started my IP alternatives yet. Money is tight until next week or so and while I know I *could* do it, I prefer it to be all or nothing. In the meantime I've been researching my rear off about it and have been slowly integrating parts of the diet into my lifestyle. For about a week and a half, I've been getting roughly 70oz of water a day, if not more, and I'm watching what I eat. I am already gluten free (have celiac), so it's mostly been lean meats and veggies for me, but I got a surprise on the scale this morning. I'm down 5lbs from last week just from that alone. I know it'll be different once I'm fully on the IP diet, but it's only making me look forward to it more. :) Can't wait to chime in with you all daily when I start.

beckyjo 04-12-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

It is amazing how fast your stomach will go down. I do not remember when mine went down but when it did it was almost immediatly. This diet is great.:carrot:

CanadiAngie75 04-12-2012 02:25 PM

Good Morning!!
Day 3 here, and wow, did my migraine ever hit full force while I was sleeping. So, opened the fridge by my bed, and guzzled water, nice to have it super cold... I am waking 3-4 times a night to pee anyhow..lol But today, no problem.

beckyjo 04-12-2012 02:32 PM

Great Day

I am back 100% OP since my slip up last week and I am feeling great. I have control over my food and my mind Yay me.

I am excited for all the peeps that are getting to travel. I am a frady cat I live in Southern Illinois and I only get to Paducah Ky and I think I have traveled very far I hate to leave home.

Everyone have a great day:D

wuv2bloved 04-12-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repomike (Post 4290615)

Can you list here what your daily menu is and we can see if there is something you are missing and we can chime in to help you out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danif (Post 4290708)

I have had restricted from day one, in fact, when I first started I was having 2 bars a day, not knowing any different. I did this or 2 weeks....lol.....it wasn't until my brother started the program he pointed it out to me then I switched to having ONE a day

IPdivajen 04-12-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie5 (Post 4290789)
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it! Gonna shop now!

Also check out www.lowcarbcanada.ca. They're Canadian based and you can often get free shipping! They sell all the Walden Farms stuff, the daVinci syrups, and the 4C drink crystals that save my life. They're located in Scarborough so we go every few weeks.

LSJ100 04-12-2012 02:50 PM

Is anyone blogging about their IP journey? I find as I'm doing the diet I like to read other people's journey's from beginning to end for motivation (along with obsessively reading this board!)

repomike 04-12-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4290958)
Can you list here what your daily menu is and we can see if there is something you are missing and we can chime in to help you out.

I have had restricted from day one, in fact, when I first started I was having 2 bars a day, not knowing any different. I did this or 2 weeks....lol.....it wasn't until my brother started the program he pointed it out to me then I switched to having ONE a day

Ok well i start my day at 6am with about 32oz of water and the ideal egg&chesse. Lunch is around 11:30-12 where i have my two cups of veggies usally broc. & colif. and the ideal chicken soup. Snack is usally a shake and dinner is 7.2oz of chicken and two cups of veggies. i intake around 3.4 gals of water a day. Any help would be awesome!!! Thank you!

mlucas 04-12-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizRR (Post 4290781)

Have you had the flavored ones yet? I've been dying to try but a lil sketchy about it. I'm glad that you said that they are like rice noodles... that's exactly it.. just a lil jellyer like! I love them!

Andie0606 04-12-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repomike (Post 4291005)
Ok well i start my day at 6am with about 32oz of water and the ideal egg&chesse. Lunch is around 11:30-12 where i have my two cups of veggies usally broc. & colif. and the ideal chicken soup. Snack is usally a shake and dinner is 7.2oz of chicken and two cups of veggies. i intake around 3.4 gals of water a day. Any help would be awesome!!! Thank you!

WOW! I'm no expert by a long shot, but that is A LOT of water. Do you work construction outside in the sun or something like that?

LizRR 04-12-2012 03:28 PM

I haven't had the flavored ones yet, and honestly - probably wouldn't have put in that order if not for the smoking deal since I didn't realize they weren't 0/0/0 until I re-researched it before that original post. I plan on using it with the WF marinara (used it w/the plain ones 2 days ago).

The 15 cals/serving aren't exactly a deal breaker, but I try to stay as close to 0/0/0 as possible. The 'net carbs' are 1 (aka, 3g carb=3g dietary fiber), but I just try not to play that 'net carb game' with IP. And remember there are 3 servings/bag!

Let me be a lesson learned to always do your full research! Given that, I am looking forward to my noodle hoard in the mail tomorrow!

PEIslandGirl 04-12-2012 03:30 PM

Hello fellow IP'ers hope everyone is having a great day. I am trying to do my ticker but I do not understand what I am supposed to do at the very end - do I have to copy and paste something if so where? My computer skills are limited so I need very clear instructions...lol.

navydocmom 04-12-2012 03:35 PM

WI #7
*Good news: I didn't gain weight
*Bad news: I only lost 1 lb 2 oz & 1/4 inch

UGH! Seriously?? I was OP during my surprise bday party which included amazing italian food & this chocoholic had no chocolate for Easter. The only thing I can think of was I worked out 3xs this week. Once for a hour (spinning), 30 mins elipitcal & 30 light biking. It's been the first time I've worked out this much in a week since starting IP. Needless to say, I won't be exercising this week.

I've had seven weigh-ins so far, I thought by now I could workout. What's been your experience???

repomike 04-12-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andie0606 (Post 4291029)
WOW! I'm no expert by a long shot, but that is A LOT of water. Do you work construction outside in the sun or something like that?

No nothing like that. I am out on the road a lot of the day. I have always drank a lot of water. That was the easiest part of this for me.

DanafromAustin 04-12-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navydocmom (Post 4291057)
WI #7

UGH! Seriously?? I was OP during my surprise bday party which included amazing italian food & this chocoholic had no chocolate for Easter. The only thing I can think of was I worked out 3xs this week. Once for a hour (spinning), 30 mins elipitcal & 30 light biking. It's been the first time I've worked out this much in a week since starting IP. Needless to say, I won't be exercising this week.

I've had seven weigh-ins so far, I thought by now I could workout. What's been your experience???

Did you have some extra IP protein before and after? Go ahead and exercise, just make sure you eat the extra protein and just do some light cardio for no more than a 1/2 hour at a time. The 1 hour spinning class can burn a lot of calories.

navydocmom 04-12-2012 03:52 PM

Thanks, Dana :) I did have a IP protein afterwards, but I will be sure to do something less vigorous next time I exercise.

LSJ100 04-12-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navydocmom (Post 4291057)
WI #7

I'm only in week 2 so I can't speak from personal experience but my coach was extremely clear that I should not exercise during P1 except for mild/moderate (like taking a walk) because it would hinder my weight loss...this seemed very unconventional to me but what I've been doing hasn't been working so I figured I'd heed her advice... congrats on staying OP during a surprise birthday party! I hope you can still feel good about that even with a disappointing WI because that is amazing!

evepet 04-12-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4290966)
Also check out www.lowcarbcanada.ca. They're Canadian based and you can often get free shipping! They sell all the Walden Farms stuff, the daVinci syrups, and the 4C drink crystals that save my life. They're located in Scarborough so we go every few weeks.

lowcarbcanada.ca is fantastic! I live in Ontario, but too far away to drive down to Scarborough just to grocery shop... I get my stuff delivered. I've had 3 orders now, and each has arrived within about 3 days of my putting in my order. Now, as I said ... I'm in Ontario, so delivery to me is pretty quick from the Scarborough, Ontario area. But they are on the ball. I also love that they send emails letting a customer know the status of their online order. Great place. Take some time and thoroughly explore their online low carb grocery service. They have an amazing variety of products available.