3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Keeping your sanity (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/256707-keeping-your-sanity.html)

KBig 04-11-2012 09:17 AM

Keeping your sanity

I see IP'ers getting very emotional about falling off the wagon, cheating, or even eating extra IP products.... my heart goes out to them. I have NEVER been that emotionally hard on myself. I take out my dissapointments on myself by becoming disciplined in other areas of my life.... my over acheiving is manic! lol to take the mental stress off of me while I do IP here are something I do.....

there is a "goodies" table at work with Oatmeal pies, chips, crackers, candy .... ect.... I walk past this EVERYDAY ... so when I walk pass that table I give the items the FINGER!!! I flip the bird to that crap everytime and each time I LAUGH at myself... and say ... I dont even want you!!! every time I drive past a fast food's place I give it the FINGER!!! and then I laugh at myself and I look fwd to losing 50+ lbs.

Its all mental for me. and If I can't find the humor in it (anything) then I will emotionally stress over it.

to all my IP'ers .... find a way to laugh about it, and end up in a good mental place about it. !!!

It's alllllll MENTAL! anywho ... I just wanted to share a lil of my madness with yall .

:D flipping the bird never felt so goood! :carrot:

chichesgirl 04-11-2012 09:26 AM

cute post!! keep flippin the bird!!!

New Englander 04-11-2012 09:33 AM

:joker: :twirly:

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

KBig 04-11-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chichesgirl (Post 4288769)
cute post!! keep flippin the bird!!!

you have to find laughter in this bleek life. I believe I was a rich male comedian in a former life lol.

Im a fantastic chick .... I just happen to be thick. Now that I have decided to get disciplined about my eating habits... I need to be able to find my mental stride. Laughing does that for me. and its scientifically proven that laughing is healthy for you.

so I flip the bird and laugh about it. yesterday I caught myself calling the jellyroll SATAN .... lol

Sewmam 04-11-2012 09:59 AM

I LOVE your attitude! We've got to laugh at ourselves more!

I'm as bad as everybody else...we could be a hilarious Saturday Night Live routine....

KBig 04-11-2012 10:16 AM

my problem is that I have a huge sense of humor... sometimes inappropriately lol and I suffer from great self esteem. Me losing weight isnt about feeling better about myself.. its to be HEALTHY. My self esteem is attached to WHO I am not WHAT I am. Im not saying I havent gotten mad at what I see in the mirror sometimes... but Im SMART as ****, very attractive, hilarious and crass at times... talented AND I can drive a 5 or 6 speed stick (manual transmission)! lol I need to be lighter for my small frame. Truth: I dreamt about kidnapping Ronald McDonald and held him for ransom. The ransom was to make Mickey Ds offer TRULY healthy items with out the preservs and sugar .... lets just say I tortured Ronald McDonald like I was Jack Bauer on 24! lol

KBig 04-11-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4288828)
I LOVE your attitude! We've got to laugh at ourselves more!

I'm as bad as everybody else...we could be a hilarious Saturday Night Live routine....

Can I be Rosana Dana? :D

JellyMae87 04-11-2012 12:01 PM

I think that your post sheds light on the whole situation... Honestly. Ask all those folks whom have cheated and ask them if it was even worth it... I can proudly say that I have never cheated... I have been OP for over 8 months... And have a goal in mind.... why ruin it with something that is nothing more that maybe 5 bites...

Just my 2 pennies!! I love your post!!

DanafromAustin 04-11-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBig (Post 4288867)
Can I be Rosana Dana? :D

And as Rosana Rosanadana always said, "It just goes to show you, it's always something--if it ain't one thing, it's another."
You have a great attitude. You'll do just fine.

KBig 04-11-2012 12:56 PM

know what I tell myself .... if a lucious pasta saucy dish pops into my head...

been there done that... I know how it tastes.... I wanna a "taste" of 140lbs... :D then I throw "them birds in the air sky high" ...

and drink my H2O.

cheating isnt an option I have issues with power.... I refuse to let something or someone have that kind of power over me. If I dont want it... I dont want it. If I make a commitment .... I COMMITTED.

on and Poppin! lol

wuv2bloved 04-11-2012 01:11 PM

WOOHOO!!!...someone that thinks like ME!....I am always flying my bird around at food...funny, I thought I was the ONLY one...hahhaa...gotta love it!

hyrysk 04-11-2012 01:16 PM

The little things we do to keep ourslves sane

KBig 04-11-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4289172)
WOOHOO!!!...someone that thinks like ME!....I am always flying my bird around at food...funny, I thought I was the ONLY one...hahhaa...gotta love it!

The new Sisterly Order of the Flipping Bird!!!

hahahahhaahhahaha

just like the Feminist had the Burning of the Bra's ... We got the "flipping of the bird"

lol

Sewmam 04-11-2012 01:40 PM

Every time I enter the grocery store, they've got all this crap lined up on special, like the chips and stuff. Most of it I'd never buy anyway, but I get crabby and swear at it under my breath. People probably think I'm nuts. It feels like a sort of perverted 'perps walk of shame' or running the gauntlet to get through the grocery store!

Kbig - I had a manual trans, manual brakes, manual steering '69 Mustang Coupe that I had to sell over a year ago, but I loved driving that car. So much fun, and few people know how to drive stick anymore. Actually, I loved getting the waves from people as much as driving it myself.

You can be Rosanna Dana if I can be a conehead. Kinda reminds me of an Easter hat I had as a kid.

KBig 04-11-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewmam (Post 4289233)
Every time I enter the grocery store, they've got all this crap lined up on special, like the chips and stuff. Most of it I'd never buy anyway, but I get crabby and swear at it under my breath. People probably think I'm nuts. It feels like a sort of perverted 'perps walk of shame' or running the gauntlet to get through the grocery store!

Kbig - I had a manual trans, manual brakes, manual steering '69 Mustang Coupe that I had to sell over a year ago, but I loved driving that car. So much fun, and few people know how to drive stick anymore. Actually, I loved getting the waves from people as much as driving it myself.

You can be Rosanna Dana if I can be a conehead. Kinda reminds me of an Easter hat I had as a kid.

BELDAR!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

wuv2bloved 04-11-2012 03:12 PM

I can drive a stick as well....both of my boys have Subaru's and when I want to "play" I will take one of their cars...lol....I taught both of them how to drive stick's before an automatic because I never wanted them to use the excuse I can't come home cuz ___ is drunk and has a stick...haha...I freak out a few people when they pull up on the side of me in their cars....they have "get up and go" so these guys will pull up on the side of me, rev their motors, I turn and look at them and smile...then leave them at the light....hahaha....next light they roll their window down and say DAMN WOMAN you know how to drive that car don't ya?...I just smile and say YUP!

Samba 04-11-2012 05:26 PM

Oh, no not a cone head! I can only think of them saying, "Consume mass quantities.":D. Ah, the old classic SNL. I was just a kid!

JoesHotWife 04-11-2012 09:38 PM

Love it WUV! My first cars were sticks and the only reason I got rid of them was cause my ex couldn't drive one. His car was a piece of **** and we needed something for the baby. No sticks in the minivans. Love the different perspective. Attitude IS everything…especially with IP.

KBig 04-12-2012 10:39 AM

Insane moment. I started thinking about food I absolutely shouldnt have ... I stood up and broke out into my rendition of River Dancing.... and laughed at myself. ... I forgot my thoughts of that satanic food.

what ever it takes dangnabbit!

mooselover 04-12-2012 11:09 AM

I did the same thing to the bakery yesterday as I walked by. I smelled the bread, cussed at it and kept walking :)

KBig 04-12-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooselover (Post 4290604)
I did the same thing to the bakery yesterday as I walked by. I smelled the bread, cussed at it and kept walking :)

lol Flipping the Bird .... :hug: my sistah in the struggle! lol

deelee10 04-12-2012 07:29 PM

Hi - I came here cuz I'm just in a bad mood. That doesn't usually happen to me. Things happen and I get sad or mad but I get over it quickly. Or sometimes I get depressed for a little while til I figure out what's bothering me. I know it started when I got ticked off at my DH. I won't go into the whys and whatfors. (well, if you insist, he started acting like a recalcitrant teenager about helping me get ready for big Easter dinner.) But now it's beyond that. Just a lot of annoyances. I want to give the finger to just about everyone in my life! And I don't know quite what to do about it. I feel so taken for granted - by DH, sons, parents, friends. I have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. And, I fell off the IP wagon. Just too much crack cocaine around. I know so many of you don't have a problem but I regained 3 lb. My first car was a stick shift -5 speed - so I had to learn to drive it. Which was good cuz darn husband came with an old Jaguar, old VW camper and vw bug. I can drive anything. I taught both sons to drive their first cars, used Mustangs. I'm going to bunko tonight where there will be lots of evil stuff. I'd like to give the finger to it all. But the women I'm playing with are a little too genteel...I'd really like to give them...no...that wouldn't be nice. But I will do it mentally, think of you all and laugh! Hmm, I'm starting to feel a little better.

JoesHotWife 04-12-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deelee10 (Post 4291340)
Hi - I came here cuz I'm just in a bad mood. That doesn't usually happen to me. Things happen and I get sad or mad but I get over it quickly. Or sometimes I get depressed for a little while til I figure out what's bothering me. I know it started when I got ticked off at my DH. I won't go into the whys and whatfors. (well, if you insist, he started acting like a recalcitrant teenager about helping me get ready for big Easter dinner.) But now it's beyond that. Just a lot of annoyances. I want to give the finger to just about everyone in my life! And I don't know quite what to do about it. I feel so taken for granted - by DH, sons, parents, friends. I have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. And, I fell off the IP wagon. Just too much crack cocaine around. I know so many of you don't have a problem but I regained 3 lb. My first car was a stick shift -5 speed - so I had to learn to drive it. Which was good cuz darn husband came with an old Jaguar, old VW camper and vw bug. I can drive anything. I taught both sons to drive their first cars, used Mustangs. I'm going to bunko tonight where there will be lots of evil stuff. I'd like to give the finger to it all. But the women I'm playing with are a little too genteel...I'd really like to give them...no...that wouldn't be nice. But I will do it mentally, think of you all and laugh! Hmm, I'm starting to feel a little better.

Hang in there Deelee...You are much stronger than all of that. Don't take yourself for granted, either. You deserve to be happy and healthy and thin. Just take your water, eat before you go, and tell them your tummy is a bit upset. Then they won't pester you to "eat something". besides, eating off plan will only make you madder. What's that I see....I think it's a BIRD!!!!:hug:

Sewmam 04-12-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Okay grouchy smurf! You cuss at those ladies all you want, but in your head. ;)

My first car was a '65 Bug and I couldn't drive it home - my brother had to give me lessons in a parking lot. such a long time ago....

lowrider04 04-12-2012 08:02 PM

KBIG , I can tell your from Baltimore...I have a flair for the bird too!

mbw 04-13-2012 11:23 AM

Too funny! I may have to try flipping the bird at food too!

marci3230 04-13-2012 12:15 PM

I had to buy a Birthday cake for a co-worker today. Wasn't much fun but she is a good friend of mine. I plan on eating my favorite bar, peanut butter, while they eat the cake. Instead of being jealous at the others, I will be flipping that cake off today! Love it! Thanks.

deelee10 04-13-2012 02:27 PM

Hi -
Thanks Sewmam and Joe'shotwife (love your name.) You all made me chuckle. I gave the mental finger to the Margarita cupcakes at bunko. I ate the raw veggies. Everyone was nice. And I won $15. So things are better. Nice to know there is a place I can come when I want to give the bird for some reason! I'm not even annoyed at DH anymore. Hope everyone is doing well.

esammy12 04-13-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Hi - I think it's important to remember that with lower carbs comes lower seratonin. It's easy to pump up your seratonin levels with some sugar but we can't do that. I frequently feel low and depressed on this diet. I have to remind myself that all of the stored up toxins (and that includes feelings) are being released from the fat and circulating throughout the blood stream and have to be worked out. This was addressed by the woman from IP who first gave the presentation on the diet and I'm reminded of that by my coach. Losing the weight isn't just the fat - it's some of the stuff that was stored in that fat - hormones (both estrogen and testosterone) that make you feel crazy or angry, or morose, or helpless or full of rage. I definitely get that, the trick is telling your mind that your feelings are just temporary and probably chemical.

Sewmam 04-13-2012 05:46 PM

Ever get an ear worm? It's when a song gets into your head and you can't stop hearing it, over and over...

I am working on my house and today I spent a couple hours bringing bags of garbage and recycling up to the cans, sorting stuff. The next job is to sort all the tools I've got, like 5 screw drivers because I couldn't find the original one so I bought another and another...

Anyway, I get tired very quickly, so I come back up to bed and login or play solitaire for a couple minutes and go back to work. I have a battery powered alarm clock next to my bed that has a loud tick to it. Drives me nuts at times. For weeks, I kept hearing Ray Price's song "King of the Road." The old 'trailer for rent...rooms to let 50 cents...I'm a man of means, by no means...king of the road." Very clever lyrics but not a song I usually play. it just fit the tempo of the d*%m alarm clock. Today's theme, for some reason, is the chant that the wicked witches guards did in the "Wizard of Oz." OOOOOHHH O... O-E-O.....

Now, this is one of my all-time favorite movies, but...

They're coming to take me away!!!! :)

Maybe it's time to get a new alarm clock.

deelee10 04-14-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esammy12 (Post 4292448)
Hi - I think it's important to remember that with lower carbs comes lower seratonin. It's easy to pump up your seratonin levels with some sugar but we can't do that. I frequently feel low and depressed on this diet. I have to remind myself that all of the stored up toxins (and that includes feelings) are being released from the fat and circulating throughout the blood stream and have to be worked out. This was addressed by the woman from IP who first gave the presentation on the diet and I'm reminded of that by my coach. Losing the weight isn't just the fat - it's some of the stuff that was stored in that fat - hormones (both estrogen and testosterone) that make you feel crazy or angry, or morose, or helpless or full of rage. I definitely get that, the trick is telling your mind that your feelings are just temporary and probably chemical.

I did not know that esammy. I did not get that presentation. Thanks for the info. It makes sense. That's why I always think about those forbidden foods at times like that. I did see a special on addiction on HBO a few years ago. It talked about the release of dopamine that many addicts are after. Sugar causes an immediate release of dopamine - as do illegal drugs. Not sure about alcohol. Perhaps it varies because I am able to have alcohol in moderation but not sugar - and there are some people that have the reverse problem. That will definitely help me. Because the things and people that were annoying me have been annoying me for years...many, many years. LOL! Couldn't figure out why it was different now. I thought maybe I had just had enough. But I think it's trying to deal with all these annoyances without my "go to" comfort foods. I think I'll just yell at them, "What's the matter with you lunk heads?! Don't you realize I'm not having as much fun without chocolate!! You better shape up or ship out!"