Keeping your sanity

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I can drive a stick as well....both of my boys have Subaru's and when I want to "play" I will take one of their cars...lol....I taught both of them how to drive stick's before an automatic because I never wanted them to use the excuse I can't come home cuz ___ is drunk and has a stick...haha...I freak out a few people when they pull up on the side of me in their cars....they have "get up and go" so these guys will pull up on the side of me, rev their motors, I turn and look at them and smile...then leave them at the light....hahaha....next light they roll their window down and say DAMN WOMAN you know how to drive that car don't ya?...I just smile and say YUP!
  • Oh, no not a cone head! I can only think of them saying, "Consume mass quantities.". Ah, the old classic SNL. I was just a kid!
  • Love it WUV! My first cars were sticks and the only reason I got rid of them was cause my ex couldn't drive one. His car was a piece of **** and we needed something for the baby. No sticks in the minivans. Love the different perspective. Attitude IS everything…especially with IP.
  • Insane moment. I started thinking about food I absolutely shouldnt have ... I stood up and broke out into my rendition of River Dancing.... and laughed at myself. ... I forgot my thoughts of that satanic food.

what ever it takes dangnabbit!
  • I did the same thing to the bakery yesterday as I walked by. I smelled the bread, cussed at it and kept walking
  • Quote: I did the same thing to the bakery yesterday as I walked by. I smelled the bread, cussed at it and kept walking
    lol Flipping the Bird .... my sistah in the struggle! lol
  • Hi - I came here cuz I'm just in a bad mood. That doesn't usually happen to me. Things happen and I get sad or mad but I get over it quickly. Or sometimes I get depressed for a little while til I figure out what's bothering me. I know it started when I got ticked off at my DH. I won't go into the whys and whatfors. (well, if you insist, he started acting like a recalcitrant teenager about helping me get ready for big Easter dinner.) But now it's beyond that. Just a lot of annoyances. I want to give the finger to just about everyone in my life! And I don't know quite what to do about it. I feel so taken for granted - by DH, sons, parents, friends. I have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. And, I fell off the IP wagon. Just too much crack cocaine around. I know so many of you don't have a problem but I regained 3 lb. My first car was a stick shift -5 speed - so I had to learn to drive it. Which was good cuz darn husband came with an old Jaguar, old VW camper and vw bug. I can drive anything. I taught both sons to drive their first cars, used Mustangs. I'm going to bunko tonight where there will be lots of evil stuff. I'd like to give the finger to it all. But the women I'm playing with are a little too genteel...I'd really like to give them...no...that wouldn't be nice. But I will do it mentally, think of you all and laugh! Hmm, I'm starting to feel a little better.
  • Quote: Hi - I came here cuz I'm just in a bad mood. That doesn't usually happen to me. Things happen and I get sad or mad but I get over it quickly. Or sometimes I get depressed for a little while til I figure out what's bothering me. I know it started when I got ticked off at my DH. I won't go into the whys and whatfors. (well, if you insist, he started acting like a recalcitrant teenager about helping me get ready for big Easter dinner.) But now it's beyond that. Just a lot of annoyances. I want to give the finger to just about everyone in my life! And I don't know quite what to do about it. I feel so taken for granted - by DH, sons, parents, friends. I have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. And, I fell off the IP wagon. Just too much crack cocaine around. I know so many of you don't have a problem but I regained 3 lb. My first car was a stick shift -5 speed - so I had to learn to drive it. Which was good cuz darn husband came with an old Jaguar, old VW camper and vw bug. I can drive anything. I taught both sons to drive their first cars, used Mustangs. I'm going to bunko tonight where there will be lots of evil stuff. I'd like to give the finger to it all. But the women I'm playing with are a little too genteel...I'd really like to give them...no...that wouldn't be nice. But I will do it mentally, think of you all and laugh! Hmm, I'm starting to feel a little better.
    Hang in there Deelee...You are much stronger than all of that. Don't take yourself for granted, either. You deserve to be happy and healthy and thin. Just take your water, eat before you go, and tell them your tummy is a bit upset. Then they won't pester you to "eat something". besides, eating off plan will only make you madder. What's that I see....I think it's a BIRD!!!!
  • Quote: Hi - I came here cuz I'm just in a bad mood. That doesn't usually happen to me. Things happen and I get sad or mad but I get over it quickly. Or sometimes I get depressed for a little while til I figure out what's bothering me. I know it started when I got ticked off at my DH. I won't go into the whys and whatfors. (well, if you insist, he started acting like a recalcitrant teenager about helping me get ready for big Easter dinner.) But now it's beyond that. Just a lot of annoyances. I want to give the finger to just about everyone in my life! And I don't know quite what to do about it. I feel so taken for granted - by DH, sons, parents, friends. I have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. And, I fell off the IP wagon. Just too much crack cocaine around. I know so many of you don't have a problem but I regained 3 lb. My first car was a stick shift -5 speed - so I had to learn to drive it. Which was good cuz darn husband came with an old Jaguar, old VW camper and vw bug. I can drive anything. I taught both sons to drive their first cars, used Mustangs. I'm going to bunko tonight where there will be lots of evil stuff. I'd like to give the finger to it all. But the women I'm playing with are a little too genteel...I'd really like to give them...no...that wouldn't be nice. But I will do it mentally, think of you all and laugh! Hmm, I'm starting to feel a little better.
    Okay grouchy smurf! You cuss at those ladies all you want, but in your head.

My first car was a '65 Bug and I couldn't drive it home - my brother had to give me lessons in a parking lot. such a long time ago....
  • KBIG , I can tell your from Baltimore...I have a flair for the bird too!
  • Too funny! I may have to try flipping the bird at food too!
  • I had to buy a Birthday cake for a co-worker today. Wasn't much fun but she is a good friend of mine. I plan on eating my favorite bar, peanut butter, while they eat the cake. Instead of being jealous at the others, I will be flipping that cake off today! Love it! Thanks.
  • Hi -
    Thanks Sewmam and Joe'shotwife (love your name.) You all made me chuckle. I gave the mental finger to the Margarita cupcakes at bunko. I ate the raw veggies. Everyone was nice. And I won $15. So things are better. Nice to know there is a place I can come when I want to give the bird for some reason! I'm not even annoyed at DH anymore. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Hi - I think it's important to remember that with lower carbs comes lower seratonin. It's easy to pump up your seratonin levels with some sugar but we can't do that. I frequently feel low and depressed on this diet. I have to remind myself that all of the stored up toxins (and that includes feelings) are being released from the fat and circulating throughout the blood stream and have to be worked out. This was addressed by the woman from IP who first gave the presentation on the diet and I'm reminded of that by my coach. Losing the weight isn't just the fat - it's some of the stuff that was stored in that fat - hormones (both estrogen and testosterone) that make you feel crazy or angry, or morose, or helpless or full of rage. I definitely get that, the trick is telling your mind that your feelings are just temporary and probably chemical.
  • Ever get an ear worm? It's when a song gets into your head and you can't stop hearing it, over and over...

I am working on my house and today I spent a couple hours bringing bags of garbage and recycling up to the cans, sorting stuff. The next job is to sort all the tools I've got, like 5 screw drivers because I couldn't find the original one so I bought another and another...

Anyway, I get tired very quickly, so I come back up to bed and login or play solitaire for a couple minutes and go back to work. I have a battery powered alarm clock next to my bed that has a loud tick to it. Drives me nuts at times. For weeks, I kept hearing Ray Price's song "King of the Road." The old 'trailer for rent...rooms to let 50 cents...I'm a man of means, by no means...king of the road." Very clever lyrics but not a song I usually play. it just fit the tempo of the d*%m alarm clock. Today's theme, for some reason, is the chant that the wicked witches guards did in the "Wizard of Oz." OOOOOHHH O... O-E-O.....

Now, this is one of my all-time favorite movies, but...

They're coming to take me away!!!!

Maybe it's time to get a new alarm clock.