Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hi,

I have used miracle noodles and know they are allowed as they are mostly fiber and not carbs.

Are these allowed:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

i bought 2 bags from my local grocery store and then realized that they have yam flour listed as an ingredient(but its wheat and gluten free). Not sure what that is and if anyone else has used this and if it is considered OP?

thanks!!
I think I've had these when I was on Weight Waatchers a few years ago. Taste like Miracle Noodles. The S&H is high for those on Amazon (not the usual free S&H if you buy >$25). The similar tasting ones from www.iherb.com has free s&h >$20, but the indiv pkgs cost more. Maybe it's a wash, didn't get that precise. Just a thought.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I would look for a Dijon with no carbs. That said, did you use all the dressing? If not I am sure your one serving had minimal carbs.
There is sugar is some ip products. I would not expect this to make any difference whatsoever.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #123  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hi everyone...I know we aren't supposed to type questions on here but I didn't want to start a new thread when I was pretty sure someone would have the answer...I just tried this salad dressing from one of the recipe threads:

LIGHT DRESSING

2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
pinch each salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

In a small bowl, whisk together water, vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper; gradually whisk in olive oil.
-Makes about 1/3 cup.

and when I read my dijon mustard label (Wegman's whole grain dijon) it said 5 cals and 1 carb on the label for 1 tsp and sugar was listed as an ingredient (way down the list though)...I ate it before I checked and now I'm freaking out it was a cheat - is dijon okay?!?
I would be more concerned about the 2 tablespoons of oil. We are only allowed 2 teaspoons a day. I have occasionally went over by 1 tsp, but 2 tablespoons equals 6 teaspoons, That could add up if you do it often. But then again, I am no coach, maybe some more experienced IP'ers could weigh in on this.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #124  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
OK....now for me.....I just got back from my 49th WI and I LOSS ANOTHER 7LBS!!!!!!....wanna talk about surprised????....yup that was me....lol....I didn't lose any inches though so its weird. In the last 3 weeks I have loss 15lbs and NO inches!!....I have now loss a total of 150lbs!!!!...AMAZING is all I will say. I am ONE HAPPY girl right now that is for sure!
Wuv, a huge congratulations, I noticed your ticker on your signature and thought you had a massive loss, look back through today's thread!!!

Go You!!!!

Huge inspiration to everyone on here!

Cheers/S...

Last edited by AussieonIP; 04-11-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Disappointing WI (#3) today...-0.6. Body fat went up 0.5% but I did lose some inches. I find it hard to get too discouraged since I made about 3 bazillion candy easter eggs last week without eating a single jelly bean or piece of chocolate Still haven't had a cheat yet so I am hopeful next week will be better!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #126  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieonIP View Post
Wuv, a huge congratulations, I noticed your ticker on your signature and thought you had a massive loss, look back through today's thread!!!

Go You!!!!

Huge inspiration to everyone on here!

Cheers/S...
Thanks!!...I was a bit surprised today at my WI that is for sure!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #127  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teden View Post
Disappointing WI (#3) today...-0.6. Body fat went up 0.5% but I did lose some inches. I find it hard to get too discouraged since I made about 3 bazillion candy easter eggs last week without eating a single jelly bean or piece of chocolate Still haven't had a cheat yet so I am hopeful next week will be better!
Congrats on the inches lost!!!! Sometimes losing inches is more important the lbs itself!!!! A loss regardless of where it is, is still a loss!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thanks!!...I was a bit surprised today at my WI that is for sure!
congrats on your great loss. How do I get the ticker, I am able to go in and create it but it does seem to appear yet? am I missing a step?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #129  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
We can't have spaghatti squash its a winter squash. We can however have green zuchinni and the yellow crooked neck squash.
We can???!!!! Oh my gosh, that makes me so excited!!! I didn't think we could have yellow squash. It is my favorite
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I would look for a Dijon with no carbs. That said, did you use all the dressing? If not I am sure your one serving had minimal carbs.
There is sugar is some ip products. I would not expect this to make any difference whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
I would be more concerned about the 2 tablespoons of oil. We are only allowed 2 teaspoons a day. I have occasionally went over by 1 tsp, but 2 tablespoons equals 6 teaspoons, That could add up if you do it often. But then again, I am no coach, maybe some more experienced IP'ers could weigh in on this.
Thanks for the thoughts - it did seem very oily to me but I read it was in an IP cookbook and I naively didn't think more about it until after...I didn't measure but it looks like I only used about 1/3 of it so that cuts down on both the carbs and if I did my math right would be my 2 teaspoons of oil for today (luckily I didn't have any other oil)
Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #131  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
congrats on your great loss. How do I get the ticker, I am able to go in and create it but it does seem to appear yet? am I missing a step?
Make sure you go back and do EVERY step!!...it took me several times before I got mine too work
Old 04-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello IP family!

Wuv, Cadu and all others with great losses today --- Woo Hoo! You are the reason I'm so focused on this program.

Dana - sending mojo your way. Hope it turns out ok.
(I'm only up to page 4. May have more shout outs in a bit. I wish I had time to get on the board earlier in the day.)

Since my sad WI on Monday I have been more careful about getting all of my veggies and salt in. I honestly can say that when I eat everything I'm supposed to, I feel like I'm eating too much. Last weekend when I didn't eat my lunch veggies I felt hungry, which is how I always told myself I'm supposed to feel on a diet. So, I'm trying to trust in the system and praying for a good loss next week.

Sending smiles to all!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I think I've had these when I was on Weight Waatchers a few years ago. Taste like Miracle Noodles. The S&H is high for those on Amazon (not the usual free S&H if you buy >$25). The similar tasting ones from www.iherb.com has free s&h >$20, but the indiv pkgs cost more. Maybe it's a wash, didn't get that precise. Just a thought.
I've had the Miracle Noodles. First time, I thought it was alright, second time it was too fishy. They are made out of a sea vegetable.

The ones in the link on Amazon use tofu and yam flour, so I'm thinking they don't taste like the Miracle noodles. Have you tried both? There are several that use the phrasing "Shirataki" but they are different. These sound more like the "No Oodle" that uses only yam flour and lime. I bought some of those at my grocery store but forgot to use them before they expired, so I don't know what they taste like. My coach said they are okay, but you can't have the whole package. A 1.5 oz serving has 1 carb (and 0 everything else), some of which is fiber. There are 5 servings in a bag, so you don't get much.

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-11-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down A Question...

I just portioned out my vitamins for tomorrow and realized that I won't have enough to last until my next WI - and my IP center is 1 hour away.

Are you aware of any OTC vitamins that align well with the IP product? I really don't want to make another trip to the center this week if I can avoid it.

Experts, please help!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
UMMMMM...who said you CAN"T post questions here????? that is COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!....that is the WHOLE purpose of having a DAILY chat so that people can ask questions!!!!!......We have asked to post HERE instead of STARTING a new thread!!....TOO many new threads are getting opened lately and are getting missed!...I know I do not always read the new threads....TRUST ME...I know several of us whom come to the daily EVERY DAY and we read EVERY post here so if you have a question THIS IS THE THREAD to ask in!!!

EDIT!***...OOPS to answer your question YES it is ok to have. If possible I would use regular mustard though, but you can use the other
FYI...on the "stickies" post about the forum this is what it said about daily chats and questions...maybe I took it too literally!

"Daily chats are not intended for IP questions and answers! This is a very inefficient way to handle Q/A and has resulted in long term chaos in our IP forum. It could take hours to sift through the daily chats hoping to find the answer you need now, therefore it encourages repeat questions. We're not saying you can't ask questions in the daily chat of course. If it's part of the natural flow of the thread then go for it! But it shouldn't be the first choice since that excludes a lot of people from learning from you."
Closed Thread