Old 04-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #16  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
have a Magic Bullet! I've had it for about three years, and it's still going strong! It does grind ice, very well!]
Thx ChubbyCherub - good to know.

Quote:
I have a Bosch. That beast would grind nails!

Thanks ValRock. No nails on my menu... ... sure sounds like a Bosch can handle some ice.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #17  
Started IP 02/01/2012

S/C/G: 179.6/156.4/145

Height: 5'4

I have a magic bullet.....I use it everyday
idealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Thx Chloe222. I've been curious about how well the Ninja works... I've certainly heard a lot about them. I'm looking forward to being able to make my protein drinks with lots of crushed ice.

Is the Ninja used in this youtube clip the type you're referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq2ihVra1ew
Eve, Mine looks similar but is black instead of blue. The only thing with mine is that the large canister doesn't seat so well and I always have to play with it for an extended period of time to get it to work. The medium and small canister fit fine. I do like having the top be the motor versus the bottom.

That said I also have a commercial Vitamixer which I love but it's so big, I only take it out when I have some major juicing to do. I have 2 Cuisinart food processors but still too big to keep on the kitchen counter. The ninja and the medium sized canister stay on the counter and it's not imposing. It's used at least 2-3 times a day, so handy. I'd recommend the ninja although I'm sure the bullet and others are good as well. Sounds like Wuv's GE is a dynamite piece of equipment as well.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #19  

Height: 5 9`

Hi i have a big boss from walmart, love it for ice, makes the drinks like a milkshake
susyqxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #20  
Started IP 3/26/12

Thanks idealme, chloe222 and susyqxxxx. I appreciate your help. The protein powder I've been using (Natural Factors Whey Factors) doesn't produce a very thick drink, and I'm hoping that having it blended with crushed ice will improve it. The flavour is good, and I like the nutritional content (amino acids, etc. are there + it's flavored with stevia... one of the flavours Macha Green Tea even adds 1000mg of green tea per drink) but I think I'll enjoy the drinks more when it's blended with a lot more ice.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Thanks idealme, chloe222 and susyqxxxx. I appreciate your help. The protein powder I've been using (Natural Factors Whey Factors) doesn't produce a very thick drink, and I'm hoping that having it blended with crushed ice will improve it. The flavour is good, and I like the nutritional content (amino acids, etc. are there + it's flavored with stevia... one of the flavours Macha Green Tea even adds 1000mg of green tea per drink) but I think I'll enjoy the drinks more when it's blended with a lot more ice.
Just a thought, if possible I would be inclined to buy it locally so if it didn't work as well as desired, returning it is easy.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #22  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I have the "Big Boss"... It's like the magic bullet but with a stronger motor (I think.. I bought it several months ago but something made me choose it over the Magic Bullet).....

Anyways, its amazing. I've never had such a good little blender.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #23  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOW haven't seen you around in a LONG time!...great to see you are still around here!
Hi Wuv!! yeah, i'm back for a bit. Doing a short stint back on phase one to lose the weight that i put on over the holidays. so far so good! i'm currently only 2 lbs heavier than where i stopped last august, but i'm going for about 10 more lbs. i've never been in the 130s, so i want to see how it looks/ feels.
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #24  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Just a thought, if possible I would be inclined to buy it locally so if it didn't work as well as desired, returning it is easy.
I was thinking along the same lines. I'm planning to go to my nearest Canadian Tire Store tomorrow. They have a good return policy.Thanks to everybody's input I now know of some good 'ice crushing' blender options.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #25  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
I have the "Big Boss"... It's like the magic bullet but with a stronger motor (I think.. I bought it several months ago but something made me choose it over the Magic Bullet).....

Anyways, its amazing. I've never had such a good little blender.
Thanks Candeka. I don't think I've heard of the 'Big Boss'... I'll check into it.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #26  
Restart date: 01.07.2013

Height: 5'4"

I have the Ninja Pulse Kitchen System and love it. It has the travel cups with the small blade so it is fast and easy to blend up the drinks.
mommyIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #27  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyCherub View Post
I have a Magic Bullet! I've had it for about three years, and it's still going strong! It does grind ice, very well!
CC!

Thanks for reminding me, I have a magic bullet here at home I am going to dig out.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:06 PM   #28  
Started IP 3/26/12

Default Results...

Thanks again for your suggestions. Just wanted to let those who responded to my inquiry know that I ended up with a Hamilton Beach Single Serving blender (sounds very much like the GE one that Wuv has) that whips up a frothy shake with lots of crushed ice in no time flat.

And, while shopping yesterday I also found Ninja Master Prep Pro Food & Drink on sale for $49.99. That seems to be an excellent price for here in Canada. The set included the 48-oz pitcher and 16-oz bowl. I thought I'd like to get one in the future so in the future I could make the fruit-ice concoctions I've seen them make in advertisements. But I didn't want to tempt myself into eating fruit, which of course is a no-no for me for a few months... I thought I'd get one then. But when I saw it on sale, I thought I'd go ahead. I tested it to make sure it works ok, then stashed it in my cupboard.

So I'm definitely set. All my drinks/shakes taste much nicer with lots of crushed ice in them. I even crush up lots of ice in my cold water & MIO drinks. I'm enjoying the MIO too... it's nice how you can make it a weaker - or strong - flavor.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #29  

I have a Ninja Professional. 6 Blades makes snow in a flash. I wouldn't know what to do without it!
theteacherspet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #30  

I LOVE my Ninja. It makes ice so easily and I use it all the time!
jilian61 is offline   Reply With Quote