Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #436  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I got a call from my doctor today and was told that I have to increase calories for my surgery because my body will need the extra to recover. I am a little bummed because I thought this would be perfect timing to be inactive and diet. I told them I would increase a little and see how I feel, but I would also not go over the top. I don't really have time to phase off, so I'm just going to add a little each day until Monday when I probably won't fee like eating anything anyway. My goal will have to be to just not let myself get out of control.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #437  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Well after 5 days of doing only restricted.... I got the scale to move... Went down 3.5 this week. I'll take that as I broke into a new decade!!
Jelly, glad your stall is over! I've been reading about your dilemma and glad the scale has finally moved for you. Hope it continues:yay
Old 05-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #438  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default New IP products

I haven't heard anyone else mention this so thought I would put it here as well. My coach told me that next week she would have two new IP products for sale. A strawberry shortcake cookie ( not sure if restricted but those type things tend to be). It looks good on the packaging. The other is a chicken patty mix. Probably similar to the soy patty mix. Not sure what it entails but can't wait to find out. It sort of looked like a salmon patty if you have ever made them from canned salmon with bread crumbs and eggs. (Sorry, only way I could think to describe it. Old way of cooking)
Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I got a call from my doctor today and was told that I have to increase calories for my surgery because my body will need the extra to recover. I am a little bummed because I thought this would be perfect timing to be inactive and diet. I told them I would increase a little and see how I feel, but I would also not go over the top. I don't really have time to phase off, so I'm just going to add a little each day until Monday when I probably won't fee like eating anything anyway. My goal will have to be to just not let myself get out of control.
I'm sorry Marion....how many calories is he wanting you to up it.....? If you stay away from the sugar and just up your protein and veggies....maybe add one or two packets will it meet his requirements? Then again...this is your health, it's ok to do what the doc wants...:/

Old 05-05-2012, 12:32 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Well after 5 days of doing only restricted.... I got the scale to move... Went down 3.5 this week. I'll take that as I broke into a new decade!!
That is awesome!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Good morning,

Well WI this morning wasn't as bad as anticipated, -2.6, i'm still going to do restricted only this week to see...if after 3 days i see that i'm up, than i'll do boot camp the rest of the week, is that a good plan???? I went and got some bars for my breakfasts for this week as i usually have a shake. Its the first time since starting IP that i'm trying bars (i love chocolate bars and was afraid those would be a trigger for wanting more so i rather stay away) so i got about 5 different types and can't wait to try them

Jelly, you did 5 days, are you doing a full 7 days or 2 days of boot camp? Also, are you doing it just for a week or you'll continue next week too?

Not much new here, temps have been rainy and cold all week and isn't getting any better for the coming week. Can't wait for temps to get warmer.

I always say that my dog is like the groundhog...she's a samoyed (see avatar) and she hasn't even started shedding her winter coat yet which means summer isn't coming anytime soon

Hope you all have a great week-end!

Last edited by Busymomx4; 05-05-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #442  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
I haven't heard anyone else mention this so thought I would put it here as well. My coach told me that next week she would have two new IP products for sale. A strawberry shortcake cookie ( not sure if restricted but those type things tend to be). It looks good on the packaging. The other is a chicken patty mix. Probably similar to the soy patty mix. Not sure what it entails but can't wait to find out. It sort of looked like a salmon patty if you have ever made them from canned salmon with bread crumbs and eggs. (Sorry, only way I could think to describe it. Old way of cooking)
My clinic announced that they got the chicken patty in, going to try one this Monday.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #443  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Way to go Busymom!!!!! Let us know how your mini shock goes?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #444  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I did two days of boot camp and lost 2 pounds! That put me unofficially into the 170's. Finally got that darn scale moving. I was going to do 3 days, but the instructions I found said 2 to 3 days, but usually by 2 days the scale moves again. Now I'm going to try having my restricted every other day instead of every day as I have always had and see how that works out.

Busymom, I hope it all works for you, and will be interested to see how it all goes.

I hope you all have a good Saturday!!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #445  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning,

Well WI this morning wasn't as bad as anticipated, -2.6, i'm still going to do restricted only this week to see...if after 3 days i see that i'm up, than i'll do boot camp the rest of the week, is that a good plan???? I went and got some bars for my breakfasts for this week as i usually have a shake. Its the first time since starting IP that i'm trying bars (i love chocolate bars and was afraid those would be a trigger for wanting more so i rather stay away) so i got about 5 different types and can't wait to try them

Jelly, you did 5 days, are you doing a full 7 days or 2 days of boot camp? Also, are you doing it just for a week or you'll continue next week too?

Not much new here, temps have been rainy and cold all week and isn't getting any better for the coming week. Can't wait for temps to get warmer.

I always say that my dog is like the groundhog...she's a samoyed (see avatar) and she hasn't even started shedding her winter coat yet which means summer isn't coming anytime soon

Hope you all have a great week-end!
As of right now. I just did 5... We will see how this next week goes... I know that if I dont see the scale move again. I might look into doing it one more time... Still up in the air...

I am not sure if youre weather is cooler than ours. But our Sammoyed started shedding a few weeks ago... UGH I hate this time of year. i looks like its snowing fur all over the yard!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Today is a rainy and cool day in New England. I have spent much of the morning catching up on threads. It is so inspiring to read of all of the success and triumphs, particularly those that have been OP for months and months, Congratulations to all of you!!!!
I have officially been OP for 22 days. I have lost 15 pounds so far and have my 3WI tomorrow.
While the program is quite easy for me, I still struggle with daily extreme hunger and light headedness about 2.5 hours after eating my IP packet meals. It is bizarre. I get flushed, edgy, and tired. I am presently working on determing if certain packets are responsible. Yesterday, I started using the soups for breakfast and lunch. (I had a much easier day.) I feel like it is the artificial sweetners that are causing my insulin to spike or drop a few hours after eating them. I am determined to stay on this program. I believe in it and I know it is what I need for the rest of my life. I am very much in ketosis and am losing inches and will find out about my weekly weight loss.
tomorrow.
I would love any ideas or comments on this. On Thrusday, I did resort to having a mid afternoon HB egg, I hope that this does not mess up my weight loss. I bought egg whites at the store last night and will use the two teaspoons that we are allowed.
Thanks all, and again, CONGRATULATIONS! You are all so very inspiring!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #447  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I wouldn't worry about the HB egg. I always keep some in the fridge when I feel my body just really needs some protein and it's not time for my next meal yet. I was like that yesterday on my last day of boot camp. Mid afternoon I got really light headed and felt pretty weak, like I did my first month on IP. I came home and had an egg, and felt better right away.

I think a lot of what you are feeling has more to do with just being OP for such a short time yet. It really took my body the first month to not feel like I'm just not getting enough food. I remember about three weeks into it walking up a flight of steps. I just felt kind of week and thinking there just isn't enough food in me, but I'm going to keep going and hope this works out. Of course it did and now I'm next to never hungry. You also might be more sensitive to some of the ingredients in the packets. For now just find the ones that work best for you, and then in another week or two try and branch out a bit and see if you have the same reaction.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #448  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
As of right now. I just did 5... We will see how this next week goes... I know that if I dont see the scale move again. I might look into doing it one more time... Still up in the air...

I am not sure if youre weather is cooler than ours. But our Sammoyed started shedding a few weeks ago... UGH I hate this time of year. i looks like its snowing fur all over the yard!
The other 2 days, did you have any restricted at all or did bootcamp?

You have a samoyed too, cool, would love to see a picture Yeah, shedding time is a major pain, like you said..snowing fur..
Old 05-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #449  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
The other 2 days, did you have any restricted at all or did bootcamp?

You have a samoyed too, cool, would love to see a picture Yeah, shedding time is a major pain, like you said..snowing fur..
I did have a restricted yesterday. And plan on having one today for lunch... but we will see. When I was on my stal I tried the bootcamp and it didnt do anything for me...
Old 05-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I wouldn't worry about the HB egg. I always keep some in the fridge when I feel my body just really needs some protein and it's not time for my next meal yet. I was like that yesterday on my last day of boot camp. Mid afternoon I got really light headed and felt pretty weak, like I did my first month on IP. I came home and had an egg, and felt better right away.

I think a lot of what you are feeling has more to do with just being OP for such a short time yet. It really took my body the first month to not feel like I'm just not getting enough food. I remember about three weeks into it walking up a flight of steps. I just felt kind of week and thinking there just isn't enough food in me, but I'm going to keep going and hope this works out. Of course it did and now I'm next to never hungry. You also might be more sensitive to some of the ingredients in the packets. For now just find the ones that work best for you, and then in another week or two try and branch out a bit and see if you have the same reaction.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I REALLY appreciate it! I am sticking to IP no matter what. I am glad that what I am experiencing is not unheard of. I have kept away from the sucrolose products for two days, and I feel so much better. But, I was just looking at the ingredient list for the products and my brocc with cheese soup is so much higher in natural sugar and carbs!!!! Now I am worrying about that! I wonder if my coach could give me a list of the actual amount of sucrolose in each product, then I could just use the products that contain significantly less. I kind of am worried about passing out sometimes...but, luckily, that feeling only lasts a few minutes and then it passes. I am looking forward to more energy and am encouraged by the fact that it sounds like I should not necessarily be feeling like a wonder-woman yet! I feel good, but not high on fat cells.....yet! I am moody, more so this week than ever...my kids are feeling that! Someone mentioned that when you feel this way, you usually are about to have a big loss. I hope so. Have a wonderful evening, and thank you for your expertise!
Closed Thread