Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #376  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustybuns View Post
Okie-- WI today.. I'm not going to blame the Big Mac bowl thingy lol... down 1 and feeling ok about the whole situation But.. has anyone noticed a weird metallic taste in their mouth.. kinda realized later this afternoon that it was there.
Welcome to Ketosis!....lol
Old 05-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #377  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Just needed to say that the cheating thread annoys me. Yes, everyone has an opinion and can express it which is why I am expressing mine! I just think that it is like an addict tempting other addicts to make herself feel better since she can't stay clean. She is unable to practice self control.

Yesterday started month 6 for me and I love my shape and success!

Last edited by Tmg1989; 05-02-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #378  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
OMG YOU ARE A S-T-A-R!!! I was a provincial winner in my TOPS group and was asked to make a speech. met a lady to has maintained her weight for 39 years so I hugged her and congratulated HER! Her very wise words were "gain a lb and lose it immediately" and I said "yes ma'am!"
I know this is from a few weeks ago, but just read it - Congratulations! What a great affirmation for you! And I love that advice - I'm going to definitely adopt that, since I've let lbs return (when yo-yoing before IP) and if I had stuck to this mantra that wouldn't have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post
Just needed to say that the cheating thread annoys me. Yes, everyone has an opinion and can express it which is why I am expressing mine! I just think that it is like an addict tempting other addicts to make herself feel better since she can't stay clean. She is unable to practice self control.
That was exactly my take on it - it is akin to telling a recovering alcoholic that "just one drink won't hurt you". Though I agree there is room on this forum to express differing opinions - and I could have just chosen to skip reading that thread - to espouse cheating on a support forum for those struggling to lose weight is a bit insensitive and misplaced. Though I don't think the intent was to be insensitive or reckless, the person starting the thread mentioned she is just taking some baby weight off so it is obvious she has not had the same struggle and heartache that a lifetime (in many cases) of obesity has brought to others.

Last edited by 3sisters; 05-02-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #379  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Okay, it's been a week and I'm down 5.4 pounds! I'd feel even better about that loss if I hadn't lost those same pounds so many times, but it's good.

I have to get another funeral started this morning (this makes 2/4 this week), but then, I get to head down to Kalona and see a friend. Kalona is Amish country and my friend has a little farm. I always find time there very relaxing, so I'm sure this day will be good for me.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Okay, it's been a week and I'm down 5.4 pounds! I'd feel even better about that loss if I hadn't lost those same pounds so many times, but it's good.

I have to get another funeral started this morning (this makes 2/4 this week), but then, I get to head down to Kalona and see a friend. Kalona is Amish country and my friend has a little farm. I always find time there very relaxing, so I'm sure this day will be good for me.
That is a great way to start the day. Woot! Have a relaxing time at the farm as a reward!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Just checking in to say hi. I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning.

Checking in to say hello 100%OP yippee
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #383  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

I love this board...I feel like I relate so much to what everyone is saying...as I'm still early in my journey I don't have much to add (other than 100% OP is the ONLY way in my mind) but I appreciate everyone who is sharing their experiences so much. It is wisdom I am taking with me every day!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #384  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

I don't even go on that thread as I think they are just very misguided. However to each his own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post

What's past is past, this week you are doing great and heading down. Have fun on the farm today, sounds great!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Well, buggers. WI was not it the preferred direction. What is going on?? My coach (doctor) wasn't in the office today - I forgot she was going to be out of town. I did ask the other ladies in the office what the doc suggests for a stall and all they said was to pull all restricted for a week. That didn't sit well with me. I firmly believe that my body needs something more, not less.

I decided that I will have 3 restricted for 3 days and then no restricted till my WI next Wednesday. We are heading to a show in NY this weekend so I will also be adding some meat to my lunch salads (P2 lite - coach approved). I don't want to wait another week to switch things up, but I didn't want to go as radical as P3 without a real chat with my coach. So all in all, still OP, just getting to front load my week with chocolate-y bar goodness and a rogue SW cheese curl thrown in for good measure.

Tammy the Toe - please tell Ishbel I was thinking of her today!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #386  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Well, buggers. WI was not it the preferred direction. What is going on?? My coach (doctor) wasn't in the office today - I forgot she was going to be out of town. I did ask the other ladies in the office what the doc suggests for a stall and all they said was to pull all restricted for a week. That didn't sit well with me. I firmly believe that my body needs something more, not less.

I decided that I will have 3 restricted for 3 days and then no restricted till my WI next Wednesday. We are heading to a show in NY this weekend so I will also be adding some meat to my lunch salads (P2 lite - coach approved). I don't want to wait another week to switch things up, but I didn't want to go as radical as P3 without a real chat with my coach. So all in all, still OP, just getting to front load my week with chocolate-y bar goodness and a rogue SW cheese curl thrown in for good measure.

Tammy the Toe - please tell Ishbel I was thinking of her today!

I didnt want to say anything yet... but I am on day 3 of doing this... so far I am liking what I am seeing... I am debating if I want to do a few more days that way I know that I am shocking the body... any suggestions??
Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #387  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I agree! and for some reason I keep reading it and just getting more annoyed!

On another note today was an exciting day for me!!!! I submitted my announcement to defend my thesis!!! I have a date scheduled! MAY 16th @ 1:30pm. It has been a long time coming and I can't believe it is finally actually happening!

I am super nervous! I hate standing up in front of people... i turn really red....BUT I am going to do this and can't wait for this part of my life to be over! Soon I will have my Masters Degree!!! I just keep telling myself that anyone can do anything for an hour. I can stand up and discuss my research. I can do this!

Old 05-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 178/144/135

Mmmmm Chipolte Ranch *hehe* Tried this and the Honey Dijon... nice change
Old 05-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 178/144/135

This program has truly been a Godsend for me.. I started it a few days before I started my nursing program... I did not and do not want to be a victim of the Freshman 15. This has enabled me to be more accountable for planning... but not to the point that its frustrating.. I do loook forward to the other phases... It it seems from what I read that it's a fairly easy transfer from one to the next... again with a little more planning involved. Congrats to all of you for your goals, mini goals and other successes that you are being rewarded with. *Cheers to you all*
Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #390  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraBean View Post
I agree! and for some reason I keep reading it and just getting more annoyed!

On another note today was an exciting day for me!!!! I submitted my announcement to defend my thesis!!! I have a date scheduled! MAY 16th @ 1:30pm. It has been a long time coming and I can't believe it is finally actually happening!

I am super nervous! I hate standing up in front of people... i turn really red....BUT I am going to do this and can't wait for this part of my life to be over! Soon I will have my Masters Degree!!! I just keep telling myself that anyone can do anything for an hour. I can stand up and discuss my research. I can do this!

It annoys me too... while I don't think it was the poster's intention I do think it was a bit misguided. But I'm not giving any more energy to it. As to defending your thesis - Yup - you can most definitely do it! And from reading an earlier post of yours.... you are going to look gorgeous while doing it... in your new outfit! Congratulations.
Closed Thread