Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Today is my 1 mo anniversary on IP and I just realized that this is the longest I've ever gone on a diet without cheating! It's also the longest I've gone without bread, ice cream, etc and I truly feel great. I made my own sugar-free taco seasoning and made a taco salad with ground turkey and veggies and it was so delicious it felt like a cheat...I never believed my tastebuds would change like some have described but I guess they are starting to...so glad I'm 100% so I am giving myself that chance!

Last edited by LSJ100; 04-30-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #347  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Today is my 1 mo anniversary on IP and I just realized that this is the longest I've ever gone on a diet without cheating! It's also the longest I've gone without bread, ice cream, etc and I truly feel great. I made my own sugar-free taco seasoning and made a taco salad with ground turkey and veggies and it was so delicious it felt like a cheat...I never believed my tastebuds would change like some have described but I guess they are starting to...so glad I'm 100% so I am giving myself that chance!
What a great idea. I'm starting tomorrow so I'm trying to think of what I can eat so I won't cheat, and I lovelovelove Mexican food! Can you tell me how you made the taco seasoning?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 178/144/135

Height: 5'9"

So tonight for dinner I broke out of my comfort zone with sticking with chicken... I made the Big Mac bowl thingy... now I'm wishing that I waiting till after my weigh in tomorrow... I used lean ground and drained it well... but, you know... nervous that it might affect my loss this week.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #349  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustybuns View Post
So tonight for dinner I broke out of my comfort zone with sticking with chicken... I made the Big Mac bowl thingy... now I'm wishing that I waiting till after my weigh in tomorrow... I used lean ground and drained it well... but, you know... nervous that it might affect my loss this week.
Don't sweat the small stuff. If that's the case you'll make up for it next weeks weigh in.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #350  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
I agree with Jelly.. dont sweat it. I have red meat a few times a week, sometimes the night before WI and had good losses. I actually think that having some of the little fattier meats helps the weight loss, at least for me.
You will be fine no matter what the number. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #351  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I'm a big beef eater all the way from the start and I had great losses. I actually think I lose more with beef (little extra fat).
Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #352  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
I eat beef several times a week, and it doesn't effect my weight loss. In fact, I've been craving beef on IP. I used to be a chicken-only eater.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Crusty,
I completely agree w/ JellyMae, Cadu and Marion. I love big mac in a bowl, eat beef twice a week, maybe more now that I'm having phase 2 lunches, not suffering w/ less losses. Don't sweat it.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
What a great idea. I'm starting tomorrow so I'm trying to think of what I can eat so I won't cheat, and I lovelovelove Mexican food! Can you tell me how you made the taco seasoning?
This is the recipe I used from the cited website:
2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/no-sugar-...#ixzz1tcfV52nX

I used 4 teaspoons for one lb of ground turkey...probably could have used more. It was great!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #355  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Ok....so something the VIP told me once has always stuck to me. "it doesn't matter what the scale says, it's not going to change what you do tomorrow". (he can be quite clever).

So for almost the entire year I was on IP....I repeated that to myself...since I knew that there was no way I was going to reach goal the next week, I had too much to lose. No one looses 12-20 lbs a week . Only my very last week was I hopeful...because it was my birthday and I thought that would be cool, to meet goal on my birthday.

So save that hope for when you're closer to goal....and listen to Jelly (and the rest of the smart experienced ppl here) and don't sweat the small stuff.

Last edited by Ishbel; 05-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #356  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin

I used 4 teaspoons for one lb of ground turkey...probably could have used more. It was great!
Thanks! Trying to get recipes together so I don't get too bored.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

It is my weigh-in day and I woke up this morning all puffy from water retention. You know the kind where your fingers won't bend? Jumped on the scale for a sneak peak and up 2 pounds from yesterday. (DH gave me back the scale yesterday). So to all the newbies out there, listen up...there is no way I could have actually gained 2 pounds of fat in one day. I know I am retaining water so, even though I might not post a loss this week, even might have a gain, I know that I have been 100% and I know the scale doesn't always reflect this.

Just thought I would share this experience with everyone who hasn't experienced it yet themselves. I am in this for the long haul and when I average out my weightloss, I have done well and am pleased with what I have accomplished.
Have a great 100% OP day!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #358  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin

Perfect timing! I've got some ground turkey meat thawing in my fridge for dinner tonight, and was wondering what to make. This sounds perfect! And I have all those spices on hand. Thanks !
Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #359  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Ok....so something the VIP told me once has always stuck to me. "it doesn't matter what the scale says, it's not going to change what you do tomorrow". (he can be quite clever).

So for almost the entire year I was on IP....I repeated that to myself...since I knew that there was no way I was going to reach goal the next week, I had too much to lose. No one looses 12-20 lbs a week . Only my very last week was I hopeful...because it was my birthday and I thought that would be cool, to meet goal on my birthday.

So save that hope for when you're closer to goal....and listen to Jelly (and the rest of the smart experienced ppl here) and don't sweat the small stuff.
Great advice, and something I'm trying my best to keep consistently in mind. This is a long-term goal - actually this is a lifetime committment. So no point in sweating too much over one weekly scale reading. I tell myself that the coming months are going to pass anyway... and any weight loss I experience over those months is much, much better than none at all. So it's all progress in the right direction. When I see the results of folks like you, Wuv, and Sewmam I am so encouraged and motivated. (I'm sure there are others as well, and I apologize for not knowing their names... certainly no slight intended).
Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #360  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Great advice, and something I'm trying my best to keep consistently in mind. This is a long-term goal - actually this is a lifetime committment. So no point in sweating too much over one weekly scale reading. I tell myself that the coming months are going to pass anyway... and any weight loss I experience over those months is much, much better than none at all. So it's all progress in the right direction. When I see the results of folks like you, Wuv, and Sewmam I am so encouraged and motivated. (I'm sure there are others as well, and I apologize for not knowing their names... certainly no slight intended).
I know the past year for me has flown. I don't live by months anymore I live by weeks because of my WI's. Wednesday to Wednesday that is how I live my weeks. When its a new month I am like really? Time flies and this is something that I will do for life and I know I CAN HANDLE it from now on!
Closed Thread