Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I love the work out! But maybe I'm crazzzeeee!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
I can smell onederland from here and getting excited to get their!
WOO HOO!!! That was such a monumental time for me!!! You're going to love it and from there it's all down hill!!! LOL!! Literally, after 199 it time seemed to fly!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I love the work out! But maybe I'm crazzzeeee!
We all need to know you're out there (crazy or not!!!) because you're known as the work out one with abs of steel and it's encouraging for us (At Least Me) to get my butt moving!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #154  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
went today and it was a lot of fun. my trainer made me a whole routine that should take about 30-40 minutes (faster once i won't have to look at my sheet). she agreed no more then 3 times a week and never 2 days in a row and i will be doing yoga and/or pilates 2-3 times a week. Of course i'm realistic that it won't make my loose skin go away but i have to try anything that will help. I'm going to see her again in 3 months and she'll adjust/increase my workout

I never worked out before in my entire life and only recently do i have the drive and wants to do it
Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
You actually enjoyed the work out? I always hear people say they love how they feel when they workout, I just figured it was something they loved to do. I am not an exercise person but I know I really need to start. I just cant get the motivation to do it.
Before IP I never enjoyed working out, but as the weight started coming off I literally felt the need to move. Now I'm addicted because not only do I feel better and stronger from exercising, but I actually really enjoy the time I spend at the gym. It's my time that I make my body healthier and stronger.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Good morning everyone,

I'm thrilled to say that my WI this morning showed a 4.6 loss So yes i know, next time i have a bad wi, i have to stop being negative and assuming it will be bad the next time also.
OMG YOU ARE A S-T-A-R!!! That's quite the weekly weight loss at your weight, you've had fabulous weigh-ins the ENTIRE time!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

So I had a fantabulous weekend, as I already posted I was a provincial winner in my TOPS group and was asked to make a speech. I'm not one for announcing my weight loss (besides on here and to the BFFL - ie, I'm not the one to say anything on my facebook status) so making a speech to explain my decision was difficult but apparently I did a really good job.

I had such a good time standing in the spot light and having a standing ovation. I was surrounded by people who are struggling with their weight or have kept it over for 40+ years was SO exciting for me. At one point on stage I actually waved like a little kid to my TOPS group (who were standing for me when they introduced me). It was ...nice...but more than 'nice'...it was "thank you for letting me shine". I was even in a receiving line where everyone came along to say congratulations and shake your hand or hug you. I met a lady to has maintained her weight for 39 years so I hugged her and congratulated HER! Her very wise words were "gain a lb and lose it immediately" and I said "yes ma'am!"
Old 04-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #156  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
OMG YOU ARE A S-T-A-R!!! That's quite the weekly weight loss at your weight, you've had fabulous weigh-ins the ENTIRE time!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

So I had a fantabulous weekend, as I already posted I was a provincial winner in my TOPS group and was asked to make a speech. I'm not one for announcing my weight loss (besides on here and to the BFFL - ie, I'm not the one to say anything on my facebook status) so making a speech to explain my decision was difficult but apparently I did a really good job.

I had such a good time standing in the spot light and having a standing ovation. I was surrounded by people who are struggling with their weight or have kept it over for 40+ years was SO exciting for me. At one point on stage I actually waved like a little kid to my TOPS group (who were standing for me when they introduced me). It was ...nice...but more than 'nice'...it was "thank you for letting me shine". I was even in a receiving line where everyone came along to say congratulations and shake your hand or hug you. I met a lady to has maintained her weight for 39 years so I hugged her and congratulated HER! Her very wise words were "gain a lb and lose it immediately" and I said "yes ma'am!"
That is awesome, I am so glad you got to have that experience and shine in front of everyone. Its a great feeling. When I went to that open house and talked about my accomplishment so far I had tears in my eyes at one point because that would of so not been me to stand and talk in front of everyone but I was very proud of myself. We know we have come a long ways but when you stand and talk about your journey in front of complete strangers its way different and your accomplishment its a great feeling....AWESOME JOB!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #157  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
That is awesome, I am so glad you got to have that experience and shine in front of everyone. Its a great feeling. When I went to that open house and talked about my accomplishment so far I had tears in my eyes at one point because that would of so not been me to stand and talk in front of everyone but I was very proud of myself. We know we have come a long ways but when you stand and talk about your journey in front of complete strangers its way different and your accomplishment its a great feeling....AWESOME JOB!!!!
A NSV for you, WUV... I talk about you to my DH, and the other day, I showed him your picture progression. he was impressed with your losses...but more impressed that you were smiling in ALL your pics...even the before ones. It shows your attitude was good to start.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #158  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I had a great WI today down 2.6, and its that time of the month! I am officially down to 189.9! I'm so bloated today that my wedding is tight. It hasn't been this tight since I went OP, so I'm retaining a lot of water.

I'm quickly heading toward my lowest weight ever, and I'm thrilled! I ran in to a woman as I was checking in at my clinic, and she was so nervous because she was going to start IP tomorrow. I told her to stick with the plan 100 percent, and she'd definitely see results. Then I told her that I'd lost 70 pounds in 4.5 months.

My clinic is located in a gym that I used to work out at, and I saw one of the employees from way back. She was delighted at my weight loss. (I never managed to lose much even though I worked out 5 days a week.) I'm going to rejoin the gym really soon. I had to stop working out because my husband's elderly aunt moved in with us. She has sitters, but I've taken the morning shift with her. She's bedridden and can't be left alone. Well, she's finally agreed to have the sitter service we use stay with her 24 hours a day. So, I'll be able to head back to the gym once they take over! Yeah... Just in time too, I need to start strength training. I get light cardio (walking) in most days, but I want to start building up the muscles under my loose skin.

Last edited by SewingMomma; 04-16-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
I had a great WI today down 2.6, and its that time of the month! I am officially down to 189.9! I'm so bloated today that my wedding is tight. It hasn't been this tight since I went OP, so I'm retaining a lot of water.

I'm quickly heading toward my lowest weight ever, and I'm thrilled! I ran in to a woman as I was checking in at my clinic, and she was so nervous because she was going to start IP tomorrow. I told her to stick with the plan 100 percent, and she'd definitely see results. Then I told her that I'd lost 70 pounds in 4.5 months.

My clinic is located in a gym that I used to work out at, and I saw one of the employees from way back. She was delighted at my weight loss. (I never managed to lose much even though I worked out 5 days a week.) I'm going to rejoin the gym really soon. I had to stop working out because my husband's elderly aunt moved in with us. She has sitters, but I've taken the morning shift with her. She's bedridden and can't be left alone. Well, she's finally agreed to have the sitter service we use stay with her 24 hours a day. So, I'll be able to head back to the gym once they take over! Yeah... Just in time too, I need to start strength training. I get light cardio (walking) in most days, but I want to start building up the muscles under my loose skin.
Wow! Sounds like everything is really falling into place for you! I'm glad you're able to rejoin the gym and I couldn't agree more with you about the great timing. You're going to look even better than you do right now...

I too have began to do some walking and lifting to firm up my body (and increase my HDL - good cholesterol).

This is truly the best "diet"...I don't even know if we can still call it a diet...it's really a lifestyle!!! WOO HOO!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #160  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

You guys are all motivating me. I am going to start walking tomorrow and doing some light weights for the upper body, there are a few routines on the On demand tv listings for weight training I could follow. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
We all need to know you're out there (crazy or not!!!) because you're known as the work out one with abs of steel and it's encouraging for us (At Least Me) to get my butt moving!!!
Thanks. I feel like I am forever posting about working out, but I really think for most people ip and exercise can work fine together, especially people who already exercise regularly! I hate to see people stop, especially if they love it, which I do!

Some day I will figure out the posting of pics and post a before and after!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 AM   #162  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
This is truly the best "diet"...I don't even know if we can still call it a diet...it's really a lifestyle!!! WOO HOO!!!
I feel the same way when ever I call this a diet. The words, "I'm on a diet" always seems to imply that one day I won't be on this diet, and then I'll gain it all back. I like to think of this as more of a way of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
You guys are all motivating me. I am going to start walking tomorrow and doing some light weights for the upper body, there are a few routines on the On demand tv listings for weight training I could follow. Thanks for the inspiration.
Go for it. You will feel great, I promise.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #163  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesHotWife View Post
A NSV for you, WUV... I talk about you to my DH, and the other day, I showed him your picture progression. he was impressed with your losses...but more impressed that you were smiling in ALL your pics...even the before ones. It shows your attitude was good to start.
I have always been a happy person no matter what size I was. I was comfortable in my own skin even when I was bigger. Now I am more comfortable but I have always been positive no matter what size I am. Thank you to the both of you
Old 04-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I started this diet in January 2010 and lost 30 pounds. I gained a few pounds back so I am back on the diet to get back to my 30 pound loss. When people ask me about the diet I tell them it was a gift. I have tried so many other diets and they just didn't work for me. It is amazing how good I feel on this diet.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone,

Ishbel - So proud of your accomplishment, glad you got celebrated

Well had my first yoga class last night..wow..i was tired, lol. I was pretty good though, guess i'm very bendy, lol. This morning my ribs hurt like crazy..not sure if its from sunday or yesterday. Tonight i will go training again and maybe on thursday and will do yoga again on saturday.

Have a great day!
Closed Thread