Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #481  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
I am happy with my 2WI numbers, I just have a question about the inches. I lost .5" on my thigh and that was it. Where did the 4lbs that I lost come from? Shouldn't your inches and pounds correspond with each other to some degree?

I also wanted opinions on the dinner I made for my family and I last night, I am worried I might have messed myself up.
I made shepherds pie and I forgot to take the fat out of the pan after cooking the burger!
Stefany, Our bodies often have visceral fat which is fat on organs like our liver. Losing fat there might not translate to a loss of inches. That being said, measuring inches is easy to move the measuring tape up or down a half an inch would can lead to measurements that aren't consistent one week to another. I find measurements are better to look at over a longer time period and then you can see difference. I find my bust measurement can vary based simply on which bra I'm wearing and where how it holds the girls.

I have not found a little extra fat to hurt my progress. Everyone is different, but I'd say most likely it's not a problem.

Okay ladies, and gents if there are any here, I'll catch you after the surgery!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #482  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Good luck today Marionm!

I had a huge 100% victory for my 30th birthday on Saturday...I didn't want to cheat but I was feeling a bit sorry for myself that I couldn't eat what I wanted...I just kept reminding myself that staying 100% through experiences like that is what will help me maintain once the weight is off. Felt great about it afterwards...I figure if I can stay 100% OP on a day that is all about me, I can stay 100% through anything. A lesson many of you have already learned and I can relate even better now having been through some challenges and gained the wisdom that comes from succeeding!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #483  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Okay ladies, and gents if there are any here, I'll catch you after the surgery!
Marionm - Keeping good thoughts for you.

Results from my 5 days of restricteds only....down 1.2 from Thursday morning. It is something. Have to go out to hunt & gather some veggies for the week. Still not sure whether I will bootcamp till WI or just do P1 without restricteds (that won't be hard since I am out - hahahahaha).

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Good Luck Marionm!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Marionm - Keeping good thoughts for you.

Results from my 5 days of restricteds only....down 1.2 from Thursday morning. It is something. Have to go out to hunt & gather some veggies for the week. Still not sure whether I will bootcamp till WI or just do P1 without restricteds (that won't be hard since I am out - hahahahaha).

Have a good day everyone!
I'm on day 3 of only restricted and so far i'm UP 1lb...not liking this very much! I think i'll do 4 or 5 days of restricted and then none until WI..if i'm going to shock my body, may as well do it all the way, lol.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #486  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I'm on day 3 of only restricted and so far i'm UP 1lb...not liking this very much! I think i'll do 4 or 5 days of restricted and then none until WI..if i'm going to shock my body, may as well do it all the way, lol.
For those of you just doing restrictives only, are you eating those for all of your meals or having them for your 3 IP meals per day plus your protien meal? Veggies too?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #487  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
For those of you just doing restrictives only, are you eating those for all of your meals or having them for your 3 IP meals per day plus your protien meal? Veggies too?
I have them like i normally would have IP products but its 3 restricted vs 1 restricted and 2 non restricted.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #488  
Started IP 4/9/2012

S/C/G: 146/128/120

Height: 5'1

Unhappy Send me a prayer!!

Today I have my fourth WI. My first week I lost 6 lbs. My last 2 WI's the scale hasn't budged! I have continued to lose inches (12 so far). I don't eat any restricted veggies (occasionally I have 2 T of salsa containing approved ingredients), am 100% OP, and have stopped using PAM and ICBINB spray just in case that was doing something weird to my body. It has just been disheartening seeing 0 lbs lost. I am hoping that it goes down a bit this week. I still feel great and averaging 2lbs a week is ok, I just need a little something to prove it's worth all the money and sacrifices. Wish me luck!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #489  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
LOL at the onions!
As for the recipe, it is an old weight watchers recipe I have for speedy shepherds pie, I just adapted it to IP.

Ingredients:
12ounces lean ground beef (I used 7.5)
1/2cup chopped onion (I substituted with onion powder)
1cup each baby carrots & peas ( I used a cup of zucchini)
1/2 beef broth
2cups potato flakes (I used 1cup cauliflower 'potatoes')
Paprika for looks

Cook the burger until no longer pink, then add onion (in this case, onion powder). When meat is almost cooked add your veggies (zucchini), continue to cook until veggies are tender. Add broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10mins. Transfer mixture into a casserole dish and top evenly with 'potatoes'. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake until heated through, 15-20 mins.
I went with ten minutes cooking time since I used less meat.
I also added sea salt, pepper and about a tsp of minced garlic.

I'm gonna have to look and see if I have any other WW recipes I could adapt!
This sounds good. Something I'll definitely try. Thx.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #490  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I have them like i normally would have IP products but its 3 restricted vs 1 restricted and 2 non restricted.
Thanks busymom; I hope you have great results.

As for me, I feel like I am all over the place this week. Two days of phase 3, 2 days of boot camp and now alternating my restricteds to every other day. The only days I lost this week though were on the days I did boot camp. I'll see what happens on Wednesday at my WI, but at this point I think I'll just go back to my regular schedule of a restricted every morning if I don't loose anymore this week. Either way I will be phasing off in later June for vacation, and maybe that will just jump start the whole thing again.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #491  

Last week i made shepper's pie for my dh bday and made my own very similar. I just browned hamburger and cauliflower potatoes in a dish, sprayed with i can't believe its not butter and it was super yummy.

I actually made the regular shepperd's pie for EVERYONE with potato flakes and using i can't believe its not butter. Since dh is on maintenance, i didn't want to use regular butter/margarine, already the potato flakes were probably not the best. But everyone loved it!

Quote:
Thanks busymom; I hope you have great results.

As for me, I feel like I am all over the place this week. Two days of phase 3, 2 days of boot camp and now alternating my restricteds to every other day. The only days I lost this week though were on the days I did boot camp. I'll see what happens on Wednesday at my WI, but at this point I think I'll just go back to my regular schedule of a restricted every morning if I don't loose anymore this week. Either way I will be phasing off in later June for vacation, and maybe that will just jump start the whole thing again.
Hope you have better results than me...i was hoping that TOM was on its way and could explain my 1lb but no..at least a week away, lol.

As much as i love the restricted, i definitely have the "want more" feeling. I hate when i do things and then question myself that maybe i made a mistake.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #492  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

Had a great weekend- staying OP was easy this weekend- sometimes I struggle a bit with weekend emotions. I am just trying to keep my goal in mind. HOnestly, I can't imagine how I will look and feel then, especially when I am already feeling so great and skinny and I am not even halfway to goal. I am so glad I found IP and all of you on this same journey. I really like seing my incredible sister shrinking as well.

Have a great Monday!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #493  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Surgery went well. I'm home and have pain meds. Thanks for well wishes!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #494  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
I am glad I was on the road while doing the restricteds only - I thought about packing the scale, but was sure DH would put it back in the house.

Quote:
I had 3 restricted plus a small amount of chicken in my lunch salad and a regular protein dinner - plus all the veggies. When we are out of town, I always add a bit of chicken/tuna to lunch since we sometimes don't get to a restaurant till 8 or 9 pm for dinner. As much as I like the restricteds, there were 2 nights that I didn't want to eat the last one. I really did miss my pudding shakes.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #495  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Good luck today Marionm!

I had a huge 100% victory for my 30th birthday on Saturday...I didn't want to cheat but I was feeling a bit sorry for myself that I couldn't eat what I wanted...I just kept reminding myself that staying 100% through experiences like that is what will help me maintain once the weight is off. Felt great about it afterwards...I figure if I can stay 100% OP on a day that is all about me, I can stay 100% through anything. A lesson many of you have already learned and I can relate even better now having been through some challenges and gained the wisdom that comes from succeeding!
Fantastic job!!! I am really inspired by you. So far I have remained 100% OP except an extra packet a couple of times when I was exerting myself alot.
Closed Thread